Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

What a nice bunch of empties @heartsmyface! 💖 That Anna Sui lip pen is on my list. 😍

@itsfi   I really enjoy it.  This is the fourth one I’ve gone though and I didn’t restock them in the fa so I’m out of luck until November.  I’ll survive😜

Is yours the treatment pen or one of the ones with color to it @heartsmyfaceNovember will be here before we know it. Hahaha! 😂  

@itsfi  I’ve only ever used the treatment ones.  😏. I had better get using more products up then cause that’s when I go beauty crazed.  

Hi @heartsmyface,

What a great sense of empties!

Best,
Rebecca

@RebeccaBT   Thanks.  I was going to start counting my empties and allow myself to buy one item for every fifty used ones, but I already ruined that plan the other morning with a little beauty shopping spree.  😅. I suppose it’s still a good idea to keep track of what I use and compare it to what I bring in.  

Empties

Top:😍, CT sample used Bond Girl, already purchased fs. Middle:likes, CTFoundation, I'm between 2 colors so not sure will purchase. Love Igk butthis one was too light already have fs of the deep cleanse. destashed VSmascara & liners dried out 😠 bottom: no, not for me. Saturday felt like glue but would leave my skin feeling dry? TCS wipes hurt to use on eyes but enjoy smell. Spray- dont remember, unfortunately so it was probably meh...9 for December. 2019 YEAR END TOTAL 225

Those acne dots are fabulous @sonnydee. ️ As long as I have breakouts I will have a box of them in my home! 💖

yesss @itsfi the creme shop spots are good too!

yesss @itsfi the creme shop spots are good too!

Hi @sonnydee ,

Great job! I was curious about the CT Foundation. I will have to check it out. Thanks for the feedback about these products. Super helpful! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Empties

Top:😍. Middle: likes, CT sample-B perfect, this is almost the exact color match to my own lip shade so....🤷about purchasing..Bottom:meh....November 10 used

Top:Loves, will happily use up any kopari face cream samples, may purchase during winter when my stash dwindles....Middle:likes, Bottom:no, not for me. destashed nail polish & MJ liner both dried out. 16 in all for October 0121201944.jpg

First batch of the new year!

YTD 16

Notes in the spoiler

IMG_20200111_163255242.jpg

Spoiler
R+Co Death Valley Dry Shampoo: totally clear, and works pretty dang well, though I feel like I need a bit more of this one than I do of the more standard powdery aerosols. I like the scent as well (woody, very unisex, not girly/perfumey). I normally use dry shampoo at night, so any powdery residue vanishes while I sleep, which means the clear aspect of this one isn't a huge selling point for me. But it makes an excellent choice for emergency daytime touchups (I'm finding my bangs get super oily some days), and I'm saving my last can just for that purpose.  

Freeman Detoxifying Charcoal + Black Sugar Mud Mask: a nice clay mask. It doesn't dry so tight that you can't move a muscle, and is easy to remove. Does a great job of soaking up excess oil as well. An excellent, cost-effective option.

Paula's Choice Barrier Repair Moisturizer with Retinol: while it says it's for normal/dry skin, I didn't find it too heavy for my oily but dehydrated skin. It soaked in well and mixed with my oil well, and never left me feeling greasy. Overall a nice moisturizer.

DHC Deep Cleansing Oil: I like the product, but find the travel bottle left me a little frustrated. It's got (or, well, had) a stopper in it to control the flow of oil, which was fine, but the bottle itself is almost too stiff to squeeze, making the dispensing process a bit awkward...and forget about getting more if you realize you didn't get quite enough the first time; wet or oily hands will make that impossible. I finally took the stopper out, and that was fine for home use, but I doubt it would travel well at that point. I much prefer an oil in a pump bottle, and I'd use this again if I had a spare one I could decant it into, but I think I've decided I prefer balms anyways. The product works well, it just isn't for me.

Murad Replenishing Multi-Acid Peel: nope nope nope. The scent is AWFUL, rancid dead critter in the wall of a paint factory? And the oily finish is just uuuugh. The results were fine, but nothing special, certainly not enough to offset the negatives. I love acids, but this will never ever darken my doorstep again.

Vichy Clarifying Charcoal Mask: I almost didn't open this one; I didn't realize Vichy made two clay masks, and I just assumed this was the other one (which is very heavily floral scented, and not my jam at all). But for some reason I decided to check it out anyways, and was pleasantly surprised. It's still scented, but it's much closer to what I'd normally call a "sheet mask fresh" scent. A bit strong, but not floral, and I didn't find it offensive to my nose. This was another nice clay mask, dried down, but not tight, and was easy to remove, while doing a good job at soaking up excess gunk.

Tinkle razor: not much to say, just an excellent staple for dermaplaning

ALL of my hardening base coats: a few months ago I started following Cristine/SimplyNailogical's advice on nail care: ditch the hardeners and get addicted to cuticle oil. Sure, the hardeners can make weak nails thicker and even "stronger", but those nails also lose all flexibility, and in turn, they break more easily instead of just bending. I'm pleased to see that both of these tips have been helping me...I've broken off way fewer corners the last couple of months, and I'm finally seeing some growth on nails that rarely make it past my fingertips. I still have some peeling spots that haven't quite grown out yet, but they are greatly reduced in both size and the number of nails affected, so I'm hoping the cuticle oil will continue to help with that over time as well.   

The Freeman mask and that R+Co dry shampoo sound like something I need to look into @RGbrown!

They're both great; I hope you like them!

@itsfi 

That Murad sample is not a future purchase for me, either. I also found it oily and the payoff for that unfortunate effect was not worth it for me, either. 

@RGbrown 

@l8totheparty 

Ugh, yes, it was just slimy 😖 I found out on accident that if I didn't shake it first, it wasn't nearly as oily...but then you're only using half the product, and that's just a waste all around. Total fail for me. 

November and December empties 

my favorites were Stila kitten karma, Urban Skin Rx pumpkin mask, Bite lip balm (which I’ve already replaced), patchology eye gels, Frudia mask and my Shiseido cotton -my favorite. 
My least favorites were the holiday masks. 

NovemberNovember

DecemberDecember

Those Shiseido cottons are so soft and gentle @emaisgr8! 💕

Hi @emaisgr8 ,

I need to get the Shiesedo Facial Cottons! This is a great set of empties! 

Best Wishes,

Janean

Empties

December 2019 Empties. I had to take quick pictures mid-move so they are not they best. The bottom row are DS of the Murad multi vitamin oil, DE B-Hydra, Smashbox Primerizer, and the white cap is DS GR watermelon glow mask.

8,134 Replies
testing