Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I was on a trip this whole month and tried to pack pretty light, so I didn't quite make my goal of 50+ empties every month of 2017...but I got through some foils and DSs!

Loves

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 11.58.22 AM.png

Spoiler
Ole Henriksen PowerPeel - the best facial peel I've ever used, hands down.
Too Faced Better Than Sex - a staple in my collection.
First Aid Beauty Red Clay Deep Cleanser - my skin always looks and feels good when I use this. I used this regularly a few years ago and took a break. After receiving it in my Play box, I rediscovered how well it works for my skin.
Laura Mercier Caviar eyeshadow stick in Rose Gold - this was a surprise love for me. I got this in my Play box a few months back and it turned out to be the perfect shade and consistency for me. It's great for a lowkey look when I need to get ready quickly in the morning, and it makes a really great base for other shadows. Definitely buying the full size of this!

Screen Shot 2017-01-31 at 11.58.34 AM.png

Spoiler
Christophe Robin Regenerating Mask with Prickly Pear
Sephora Collection Instant Moisture+ Cream
L'Occitane Almond Milk Hand Cream
Cover FX Illuminating primer
Sephora Collection Pomegranate Face Mask
Hask Kalahari Oil Shampoo & Conditioner
Matrix Oil Wonders Volume Rose Shampoo & Conditioner
Living Proof Timeless Shampoo & Conditioner
Rahua Shampoo
Not Your Mother's Beach Babe Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner
Rita Hazan True Color Shampoo & Conditioner
Sea Rx Microdermabrasion Face & Body Scrub
No. 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Purifying Shampoo
Random hotel makeup remover towelette
Neuma Scalp Therapy Exfoliator
Hempz Color Protect Conditioner
Cane & Austin Miracle Pad 30%

That is awesome that you are setting a goal for yourself to hit every month. Even though you didn't hit it at least you used up products that always feels good.

Exactly.  Plus even if you don't get quite there it keeps the notion of using things up in your mind.  I will admit I went on such a kick of using foils in 2016 for travel that I honestly don't have that many left in my collection.

Thank you! It does feel great to use up samples that are just sitting around. I was getting around 40 a month each month at the end of last year, so I figured I could try to step it up a little this year! As long as I'm using up product, I consider it a win!

50 empties a month... wow what a great goal!  I like the idea of setting a number, but 50 is too many for me, I'm thinking 15 is a realistic goal for the first few months.  I love the BTS mascara too, and recently re discovered the OH power peel-- note-- don't put the peel on and fall asleep on the couch (I have super dry skin this week lol)!

Thanks! I thought 50 a month would be reasonable because that's about how many I was getting each month towards the end of last year. Since I count foils into it, it doesn't seem like as high of a number...if it was all DS or full size products, 50 would be a crazy goal! 15 is definitely a great number to finish a month, products add up quickly!

Falling asleep in a PowerPeel sounds painful - I can't believe your skin made it through! I'm sure it was smooth afterwards - definitely dry too though! It's a great product, but not one to overuse!

I feel like I'm constantly switching up what I'm using, especially with skin care, so I never finish things lol.  I'm going to go through my empties bag tomorrow ( I'm anticipating about 8 items lol).  I think I'm going to grab a few samples at the same time to set out on my bathroom counter.  If I can hit 15 in Feb, I'll go for 20 in Mar.

i actually sat in the OH peel for around an hour and a half!  My skin did clear up nicely, but I've never been so dry in my life! 

Empties for Jan. 2017.. Finally remembered to post..image.jpg

How is the Tony Moly 3-step blackhead kit? I almost bought it at Ulta the other day.

I really liked it. Did the job, much better than Biore products. My teenage daughter also liked it.

IMG_20170109_113740.jpg

Maybe one day, I'll be good about posting empties monthly, but for now, here is my stash from several months... (I'd also be more likely to be in-depth about my thoughts on the products, too)

Big fan of:

• Garnier micellar water - waterproof formula 

• MISSHA Perfect Cover BB Cream

• Dr. Jart Beauty Balm & Water Drop Moisturizer

• UD Primer Potion

• Makeup Forever Excessive Lash Mascara

• YSL Black Opium

Not interested:

• Christophe Robin Regenerating Hair Mask (HATED how my hair felt after using this!!!!!)

• ACV by DP hue (it was okay, felt it's too expensive for how quickly I went through it, but I have long hair too)

Anonymous Insider

Most of my Q4 2016 empties.  IDK what happened to most of the packets.

2016 Q4 Empties.jpg

I would use the Estee Lauder Nutritious cream, Aveda Damage Remedy, and Neutrogena Hydroboost Water Gel SPF 15 again.

I'm a regular user of the Estee Lauder foundation, Bumble & bumble spray, Laneige SPF, Biore strips, and Shiseido Bio-Performance .

Others in image:  Laneige Water Bank serum, Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Eye Contour Cream, RoC Max Resurfacing Facial Cleanser, Target brand pore strip, Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum, SK-II essence, Loreal Revitalift SPF 15, eos hand lotion in berry blossom.

Loves:

FullSizeRender (42).jpg

FullSizeRender (41).jpg

Likes/Meh:

FullSizeRender (40).jpg

FullSizeRender (39).jpg

Nope:

FullSizeRender (38).jpg

Spoiler
Candy Cane body scrub: oil wasn't integrated enough. I tried to mix it before I used it the first time, but I still ended up using most of the oil in the jar somehow, and when I went back to use it again it was almost all sugar and no oil. Boo.
Soapbox Coconut shampoo: too heavy/moisturizing to actually clean my hair
Skin Inc moisture mask: not moisturizing enough. I used it as an overnight mask and my face would be bone dry when I woke up.
Dermablend foundation foil: too heavy, wrong colors
Pur double-ended eyeliner, liquid/pencil: liquid dried up and separated, pencil was a meh color/formula
Dermablend & Clinique moisturizer foils: not moisturizing enough
Kate Somerville moisturizer spf 50: caused congested skin, probably from the sunscreen
Biossance Revitilizer rose face oil: broke me out
Origins GinZing mask: no discernable effect
LaNiege overnight mask: same as Skin Inc, waaay not enough moisture for the whole night. Probably because both of them are gels, I never get good results there.

@JazaChai fresh cream is one of my favorite philosophy scents, it's like vanilla ice cream in a tube! and i thought the skin inc/la neige masks were terrible. my skin felt drier in the morning that it did before bed 😕

Loves:

j&j lavendar bubble bath

neostrata glycolic renewal cream 10%

tatcha luminous mist

josie Karan body butter

tcfs firming sheet mask

co2 black bubble pack and cleansing sheet mask

jill Stuart hair oil 

image.jpegand everythingimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

Nov/Dec empties

Nov:Dec empties.jpg

Body and Hair products:

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

Spoiler
DevaCurl: I love all DC products and think they make amazing gels! The Ultra Defining Gel seemed to have a bit more hold than the Light Defining Gel.
Hand cream: Both the Korres and Weleda are lovely and I have repurchased both.
Kahina Body Serum: Such a gorgeous body oil that I mix with my lotion. Super hydrating with a light, bright scent.  

Facial products:

FullSizeRender (9).jpg

Spoiler
I didn't like a few items: Ren cleansing balm (so painful when it got in my eyes), OH Pure Perfection (this felt like it just sat on my skin and wasn't absorbed). 
I did like: Caudalie Premier Cru (hydrating, quickly absorbed), Origins Night-A-Mins (also very hydrating), Tammy Fender Antioxidant Creme (but I'm not quite ready to purchase given the $95 price tag). 

Oh no! I just bought the ren balm in the jar, maybe I'll start it out on no eye makeup days or try a first step eye makeup remover. 

It stung so badly! I have been spoiled by the oil cleansers that I can rub all over my eye area. 😭

I love this thread! These are my empties for Nov/Dec.          

Screen Shot 2017-01-02 at 10.24.35 AM.png

These are my Fall/Winter Empties.... I WILL be better about doing this monthly in 2017!

Loves

2.JPG

- MUFE HD Foundation -- Yep, can be nice and sheer, or built up.  Will get a full bottle when I use up some of my current rotation.

- Dove Clinical Deoderant -- A constant repurchase for me. 

- Bumble & Bumble Hairdressers Oil Conditioner -- LOVE this.  I have another on the way.  This and the Alterna are my favourites thus far.

- Opti-Free -- I wear monthlys and always re busy this.

- Mac Prep & Prime -- This was the brightening Pink one.  I'll buy another, especially if they end up with another sale!

- V&R Flowerbomb -- quite nice.  If I ever get through all of the samples I have...

- Biore Pore Strips -- They just make me feel like I'm getting gunk out.

- Lala Retro Wipped by DE-- Really like this for the winter.  I have 5 or 6 of the samples to use up then will order the full sized when I know that the Canadian Site has the new packaging.  Sunk in nicely, and sure helped the dry skin over winter.  I use this as a night cream so I'm not sure how it works under makeup.

- Nars Eye Primer -- Love this.  I know everyone raves about UD and TF.  This is the one for me though, it may be due to my oilier eyelids.  I popped the stopper out when I thought I was all out and got another full month of use from this.  I know, I know... I shouldn't use it for so long, but this one tube lasted me for almost a full year.

- Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser - I liked this, my skin didn't feel stripped, but still felt clean.

- DE TLC Serum -- Already ordered another.  I'm not really sure why, but I ended up using this over the Sunday Riley serums/oils I bought at the same time. 

- MUFE Primer -- Smoothing -- Did as advertised and smoothed.

like.JPG

-Sephora 10 hour foundation

- B&B Hairdressers Oil Mask

- Lush Coconut Bar Shampoo

- Yes to Tomatoes Face Mask

- Shea Moisture Radiance Mask

- Aveeno Oatmeal Bath Soak

- Kat Von D Make Up Remover

- Living Proof Dry Shampoo

- Patchology Illuminate Mask

- Shu Uemura Moisturizer

- Laura Mericer Face Polish

- Klorane Dry Shampoo

- Caudale Micellier Water

- Random Nail Glue

- Lather Face Wash

- Smashbox Studio Skin --- Yeah for using up a full size foundation!!

- Sephora Noe stips

No dislikes in this group!

8,140 Replies
testing