Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@heartsmyfaceI was very surprised when I cracked it open. When you pump it in to your hands the dark color is not as noticeable. It was this dark ever since I bought it 😞

Bump

Love that you cut end of of tubes to use all,of product, I do too. Ive gotten a lot more use out of things by doing so. 

@melash there is SO much product stuck up in the tubes! Multiple uses so often!

Oh word I should have known there was a thread for this! I have a lot to contribute LOL!

These are all my spring empties, I've gone through a lot of skincare since this year began as a result of my quest to find the perfect products. 

rps20170708_130212.jpg

Serums/Moisturizer/Masks/Cleanser+Other

Standout products: EL perfectionist serum, EL advanced night repair Ampoules, farmacy invincible serum, murad eye lift firming treatment, EL nutritionist moisturizers, Farmacy sleep tight, honest beauty eye cream, PTR Irish Moor mud mask, nuxe creme fraiche de beaute mask, Clarins extra firming mask, Ren Glycol-lactic mask, dermadoctor amethyst detox mask, Farmacy deep Moisture mask

rps20170708_130139.jpg

Makeup/Haircare/Lip balm/Body products

Standout products: L'Oreal voluminous primer, living proof restore line, kenra texture powder, John frieda 7-day volume

It's mind blowing how little makeup I actually use UP compared to skincare. In fairness, my gf uses a lot of my skincare too but we have massively different makeup preferences (we only fight over ONE item - Tarte airbuki bamboo brush. We both love that one to pieces, but can't justify buying a second BRUSH lol!)

I wonder if there's a cheaper dupe for the tarte brush... 

I'm bad at saving empty. These was at the end of their journeys last and this month. 

IMG_0858.JPG

All AmorePacific products in this picture are in my current skincare routine. Love love them. New favorite are Tarte in Nude Tom Ford Fluer de Portofino and Creed Aventus for her. Already repurchase Tarte. For the Creed and TF fleur de Portofino, if not because of the super expensive price, I already get them :(. Dislike: Tom Ford Primer. I wouldn't want another free sample. Everything else is okay.

I love cracking open a bottle/tub/etc.. and seeing so much more! My fav moment was cracking open, what I thought was an empty Verso 8 Eye Serum to reveal a few MONTHS worth of product hiding in there.  http://www.sephora.com/super-eye-serum-P382017?skuId=1561083&icid2=products%20grid:p382017

@Anniehox, how do you crack this one open? i worry about the rigidness of the cylinder - and is the product encased in a bag inside? i'm nearing the end of mine and would LOVE a few more months!!

@curlieq my BF used pliers to crack the top off. You see how there's a little lip at the top? Grab it underneath and use your muscles! And then BOOM a ton more! It IS in a bag inside! I was surprised there wasn't anything in the bottle to help encourage the bag to move up and utilize all the product. I cut the bag about 80% open so I could still flop the top and cap back on to preserve. Good luck & enjoy!

@Anniehox, this is brilliant! thanks!!

and i'm with @Insomniacmuffin, romantic is definitely a man who accepts and assists in all things beauty! what a dude!

@curlieq hahaha! I guess I'll keep him!

@Anniehox 

Ok it might be the early AM talking..

But I think your boyfriend doing that for you was 100x more romantic than flowers or chocolates. And that is saying something, cause I LOVE chocolates.

@Insomniacmuffin hahahaha! that cracked me up! It's def more romantic when he makes my $80 serum last wayyyyyyy longer than it was supposed to!

I love that feeling.  Thank you for opening my eyes to this stuff.  I am about to turn 34, and I might need to grab this!

@Fernleaf, i'm a fan too. maybe more so now that @Anniehox has shown me how to maximize the price!! 🙂

it does tingle though. worth it.

@Fernleaf Verso 8 eye serum is a magic potion that works wonder!! there is a slight tingle, but don't worry about it. The way I look at it is, your muscles hurt when they work out, some potions tingle when they work out! 

Bump

bump!

The crazy cleaning lady in me will not allow me to save more than a bagful of empties at a time so I had two batches for June 😂. At this point I just have one more bag of foils and a shoe box full of DS to get through. I really like most of the samples that I used with the exception of Philosophy Hope in a Jar, Dior Micellar water, Fresh Rose eye cream, Clinique pep start and oil free gel. These items were really kind of meh; I didn't really see any results and there are better alternatives out there.  

IMG_3454.JPG

IMG_3526.JPG

This reminds me, I need to post soon before my June empties post turns into a June/July post!

8,134 Replies
testing