Empties

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

thanks for letting me know. Smiley Happy 

Dual Finish is my first powder love. It still holds a special place in my heart, but I think it is slipping. 

@notcreative,

I like the Dual Finish. I have not purchased it in a while; though I usually return back to it, especially when there is gwp at the department store counters! 😊

[ Edited ]

Not too bad to only have 3 dislikes for the month! I love the Lancôme Hypnose Drama mascara and am eager to try others from Lancôme. 

@Elles117,

Lancome mascaras are amazing. The Definicils is also a great one, though the Hypnose Drama is my absolute favorite. 😊

Screen Shot 2016-09-04 at 1.37.58 PM.png

Spoiler

Hair care

yassssss

middle child 

nail polish

yassssss

• nicole by opi count on me

i now know that this was limited edition but i’m still hunting for it!  if anyone finds it or knows where i can get it – I WILL LOVE YOU FOREVER!

• nicole by opi respect in the world

middle child

• formula x high frequency

perfume

middle child

• hanae

body care

yassssss

• feetreat pedi by look beauty

middle child 

• st. tropez self-tan bronzing lotion
  • l’occitane amande supple skin oil

skin care

yassssss

• jack black deep dive glycolic facial cleanser
  • belief the true cream moisturizing bomb
  • belief the true cream aqua bomb

middle child syndrome 

bye felicia 

• fresh soy conditioning eye makeup remover
  • body shop vitamin e cream cleanser
  • body shop vitamin e cream exfoliator

makeup

yassssss

• estee lauder lucidity light diffusing foundation

middle child syndrome 

• colourpop super shock cheek in hysterical

random

middle child syndrome

I am amazed and impressed with what you have used up! I am trying hard to work through more foils and deluxe/travel sizes but have to find a balance where I don't cause havoc on my skin. 

(0) Hearts

i was lucky that i had used most of the foils or deluxe products before so i knew what would kill my skin!

I love seeing all the progress you're making on your challenges. You're inspiring me. I've wanted to do some of the same challenges, but I know I'd be setting myself up for failure. Your articles are great and witty.

(0) Hearts

Out of curiosity, which challenges are you doing @sparklekai?

@kelloua i'm doing a bunch on my blog! i'm doing a year long use it or lose it (both makeup and skincare), a use 16 in 2016 lip products, a take a bite out of bite (trying to use up bite lip products), 7 summer flings, 13 by Halloween and a use it or lose it project pan roulette. 

That's awesome.  I'm so impressed!

(0) Hearts

i'm trying really hard to actually use what i have before stuff expires...and really i have wayyyy to much stuff

you could totally do it! i think the key for me has been to find products that i like and would probably use anyways and then mix in 1 or 2 that i wouldn't otherwise use! 

@sparklekai So many empties this month!  I'm impressed you used up a whole colourpop shadow!  Out of curiosity, what do you like about the tatcha rice enzyme powder?  I want to like it but I can't really tell if it's doing anything for my skin.  I seem to notice the effects of exfoliation more when I use something stronger like a facial peel.

(0) Hearts

it reminds me of the amore pacific enzyme peel only i needed less product to get the same results.  its definitely not a hard core exfoliant but i have sensitive skin so thats good for me! i use a couple times a week and do a hard core exfoliant every 2 weeks or so.  

i think the best way to describe what i like is with what i notice when i don't use it!  i feel like i have more build up on my skin - especially on my nose and that my makeup doesnt go on as smooth

Gottcha.  That makes sense.  It's hard for me to tell because I use this daily in addition to other things.  (I'm sensitive too but for some reason peels don't seem to bother my skin.  So maybe not as sensitive as I thought.)

August Empties!

FullSizeRender (55).jpg

FullSizeRender (56).jpg

Meh: Ok but nothing special

FullSizeRender (50).jpg

FullSizeRender (54).jpg

Nope:

FullSizeRender (45).jpg

tl;dr - most samples are the wrong color, and gel creams aren't moisturizing enough

Spoiler
Smashbox foundation & concealer foil: wrong colors
l'Occitane cream: not moisturizing enough, weird "cream to powder" feel
Skyn Iceland Soothing moisturizer: I liked it but then it broke me out Smiley Sad
Clarins Double Serum: didn't like the texture
Algenist Genius Eye Cream: may have just been old, but it had a balm-to-oily-cream texture that I really hated, and made it very hard to work with
Hoola bronzer foil: waaaay too yellow
Clarins Day Cream: not moisturizing enough, felt like just sunscreen w/no moisturizer at all
Tatcha gel moisturizer: not moisturizing enough
Mario Badescu Vitamin C serum: weird heavy oil texture
Lorac concealer: way too dark
Missha Perfect Cover BB cream: too light
Clinique Moisture Surge gel cream: not moisturizing enough
Stila Huge Lash mascara: very wet and clumpy
bliss makeup remover: heavy silicone feel
UD B6 Prep Spray: made my makeup cakey. I finished it up by using it to wet eyeshadow brushes.
Fresh Rose Hydration Serum: did nothing, including hydrate.

Wow, you used up so much stuff this month, Jaza!

Most of it was many months in the works, especially the full-size skincare. The Clinique overnight mask and the Benefit scrub are both at least a year old. (and the Clinique actually went bad before I finished it sadly; it had a hole in the top crimp of the tube that let air in, so it got contaminated Smiley Sad)

Lots of empties!  If that's the Stila mascara in your last photo, I actually quite liked it.  But the b6 spray was never as magical as I wanted it to be.  I think I've been working on the same deluxe sample for oever a year.  I really ought to finish it up.  Which tatcha product was that?