Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

My August empties. There are not as many foils this month but more deluxe samples and full size.

IMG_3637.JPG

Loves:

Bioderma micellar water- a staple in my cleansing routine

Biologique Recherche elestane marine- has significantly reduced my fine lines.

Tom Ford lip balms in L'Oddissea and Fathom-super moisturizing with a hint of colour. As you can see I loved them so much that I scraped out everything😅

Hourglass Ambient lighting powder travel size in Mood light- I wanted to try out a differrent colour as my usual standby is Diffused light

The Chemistry hand cream- moisturizes and is fast absorbing without being greasy.

Amore Pacific cream cleanser- a good cleanser that left my skin clean without being overly dry

Caudalie Reservatrol cream- a light day time moisturizer that is fast absorbing

Avene eye cream-  a light weight moisturizer but I didn't see any improvements with wrinkle reduction

Not for me:

Dr Brandt microdermabrasion- it felt too rough on my skin and left it dry and itchy

Nude brightening fizzy powder- very granular and left my skin super dry. I guess physical exfoliants are not for me😂

My August empties. Not as many foil samples this month but some deluxe and full size ones. 

IMG_3637.JPGLoves: 

Bioderma micellar water- a staple in my cleansing routine

Biologique Recherche elastine marine- super effective in decreasing fine lines and keeping my skin happy

Tom Ford Lip balms in L'Oddisea and Fathom- super moisturizing with a hint of colour. Loved it so much I scraped out every little bit😅

Hourglass Ambient lighting powder travel size in Mood light. Wanted to try a new colour as my usual standby is Diffused light.

The Chemistry hand cream- moisturizing yet fast absorbing without being greasy.

Amore Pacific cleansing foam- good basic cleanser that doesn't leave my skin dry and tight.

Avene eye cream- kept my eye area moisturized but I didn't see any significant improvement on wrinkle reduction

Caudalie Resveratrol soft cream- light and fast absorbing, a good daytime cream

Not for me:

Dr Brandt microdermabrasion- it was too harsh on my skin and left it red and itchy

Nude brightening fizzy powder- it felt really rough and granular on my skin and left dry patches. I guess physical exfolliants are not for me😂

August EmptiesAug 2017 empties.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases/staples- Tony Moly I'm Real Rice sheet mask, Shiseido Facial Cottons, True Blue Spa Shea Cashmere & Silk hand cream, FAB Ultra Repair Cream (I use as a hand cream), Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Clay Cleanser, Fresh Rose Face Mask (x2), Nugg Hydrating Face Mask (x2), Nugg Exfoliating Face Mask, Nugg Deep Cleansing Face Mask, Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm, Murad Invisiblur Perfecting Shield

August 2017 empties 2.jpg

Spoiler
Likes (I would repurchase)- Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Mask, The Creme Shop Raspberry Yogurt Fusion Sheet Mask, The Creme Shop Honey Lavender Fusion Sheet Mask, Manefit Honey Nutrition + Vitalizing Sheet Mask, Human + Kind Body Souffle, Sol De Janeiro Brazilian Bum Bum Cream, Ren Rosa Centifolia Cleansing Gel, PTR Water Drench Hyaluronic Cloud Cream, SK-II Facial Treatment Cleanser

Aug 2017 3 empties.jpg

Spoiler
1st Row- I'm not sure how I feel (I'd have to use again to get a better opinion)- Leaders Amazonian Acai Anti-Pollution Mask, Leaders Coconut Gel Mask, The Creme Shop Charcoal Lemonade Fusion Sheet Mask

2nd Row- Just ok (except for sunscreen)- Olay Makeup Remover Wipes, Orgins Ginger Souffle Whipped Body Cream (not a bad product, just not fond of the ginger scent), Origins Ginger Burst Body Wash (not a bad product, just not fond of the ginger scent), MAC Cleanse Off Oil, Nugg Detoxifying Face Mask

Dislike- Shiseido Urban Environment UV Protection Cream SPF 40 (leaves a very noticeable white cast on my skin)

August empties!! 

Loves:

Perricone Face Finishing Moisturizer 

Algenist Genius Serum

L'occitane Shower Oil

Guerlain Cils D'enfer

Smashbox Eyebrow Pencil

The rest are mostly "meh". The Tru beauty is a spatula that broke. 

August emptiesAugust empties

RE: Empties

August empties!! Top: Loves: Dior is my hg mascara. The covergirl lashblast luxe has a pretty shimmer to it for nights out, and I like the full silicone bristle brush. Mary Kay eye makeup remover did a good job removing stubborn waterproof makeup. Laguna is good for contouring and doesn't pull muddy or orange on my fair skin. Mom Guerlain was a lovely but not overpowering sensual floral but not overpowering for work. The hask Greek yogurt hair mask smelled amazing and left my hair so soft. The agave oil also left my hair feeling very soft. The sally Hansen quick dry top coat does make nails dry very fast, but I wish itprevented chips better. Still would rebuy. The Sephora nail polish was a pretty coral red that got a ton of compliments but isn't made anymore since it was from the opi collection. And the purple nail polish was some no name brand but it was nice for fall. Bottom: wouldn't rebuy: tonymoly aloe mask didn't do much to moisturize my skin. I liked the gel texture of the leaders balance mask but it didn't help my acne or oily skin or redness. Hoola was too oily for my oily skin and emphasizes pores while separating. Klorane pomegranate conditioner smelled good but did not extend the life of my highlights. Neither did the L'Oréal creme conditioner, although it left hair very soft. Duwop lash venom didn't impress me. Sunday Riley didn't seem to do anything for my skin either. The clarifying wipes from formula 10 were dry and didn't remove makeup great nor did they clarify my acne. Dphue color gloss did not impart color or gloss, even when using overnight.

August Empties! I finished a decent number of products this month and seeing them all displayed, I felt so proud of myself. 🙂

IMG_20170831_1954573.jpg

Loves:

Spoiler
Maybelline - Lash sensational Waterproof Mascara
Urban Decay - All Nighter Setting Spray
Harvey Prince - Sincerly Eau de parfum
Marc Jacobs - Decadence Eau de parfum

Spoiler
Lush - Angels on Bare Skin cleanser
it Cosmetics - Confidence in a cream
Eos - lip balm in Vanilla

Meh:

Spoiler
Mario Badescu Skin Care - Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber, and Green Tea
Lancome - Definicils Mascara
dp Hue - Cool Blonde shampoo and conditioner
Ole Henriksen - Grease relief cleansing cloths

Nope:

Spoiler
Dior - Poison Girl Eau de Toilette
Harvey Prince - Damask Rose Eau de Toilette
First Aid Beauty - Skin Rescue Oil-Free Mattifying Gel

IMG_0880.JPG

Lots of empties this month. I'm so proud of myself:)

The bad: Claudalie and Fresh lip balm. Cladalie should change the package for that one. The product is not bad but the spray is horrible. Same thing with Fresh. I don't want the lip balm to stuck under my nails and the smear it over my lips. Nope!

The Ugly: I hate that Tom Ford primer with passion lol. Tatcha mask and Fresh mask are just messy. 

The Good: everything else is either love or like. Need to mention: I finished the Fresh soft cream and fill it up with 2 card samples I got and then finished it again. 😉

Not in the picture: I finished around 25-30 shampoo-conditioner foiled sets. Yoo-hoo!

what did you think of the glam glow mask and the two tatc...

what did you think of the glam glow mask and the two tatcha products?

Re: what did you think of the glam glow mask and the two tatc...

Sorry @BeautybyJules I didn’t see your post until now. I like that GlamGlow brightening mask but I think their best product is super mud mask (the white bottle). I just finished a giant tube (will post pictures of my empty soon). Tatcha is hits and misses for me. I like the water cream but dislike the mask (the purple bottle). I’m doing good with skincares but not soo good in makeup department 😂 I hoard so much that I doubt I would finish anything 

Re: what did you think of the glam glow mask and the two tatc...

It's totally fine! Since following these posts I've been trying to start my own empties pile. I've been storing them in an empty play box until I feel like I have enough. So far ive tried the gravity mud and the super clearing mud from glam glow and now Im addicted to peeling masks. I haven't tried anything from tatcha yet because of the price. I'll have to keep my eye out for a good value set or small point reward to try the water cream at least

that is dedication! I'm a goo hoarder. even if I hate it...

that is dedication! I'm a goo hoarder. even if I hate it I can't make myself throw it out. I end up making myself use it all up which takes forever! I hope to someday get to the bottom of that many containers. excellent job

RE: Empties

August Empties! Any questions about specific products, please feel free to ask.

TOP ROW: Allstars!

Spoiler
Kevin Murphy Angel Wash
Kevin Murphy Angel Rinse
Givenchy Noir Couture 4 in 1 Mascara
Briogeo Scalp Revival x2
Josh Rosebrook Vital Balm Cream
Garnier Micellar Water
Mahalo Love+ Coffee Toner
Siam Seas Twilight Be Calm Serum
Jack Black Shea Butter Lip Balm
Primary Raw Doyou 2 Step Peel
Shiseido Benefiance Eye Mask
Skin Republic Bubble Purifying Sheet Mask
Tata Harper Purifying Mask
Odacite Jo+L, Gr+G, Bl+C FS serums
Odacite Gt+L, Jo+L, Gr+G, Bl+C minis from my travel kit
The Body Shop Coconut Body Butter

MIDDLE ROW: Try Hards!

Spoiler
The Ordinary Glycolic Acid 7%
Roger & Gallet Osmanthus Uplifting Shower Gel
Mun Anarose Toner
Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask
Odacite Ac+R
La Belle Lune Organic Skin
Quo Nail Polish Remover Pads
DDG Extra Strength Alpha Beta Peel Pads
Farmacy Sleep Tight
Odacite Aloe + Imortelle Toner
Oribe Gold Lust Shampoo/Conditioner
DDG Ferulic Acid + Retinol

BOTTOM ROW: Stinkers!

Spoiler
Dr Brandt Magnetight Age Defying Mask
Tata Harper Clarifying Mask

Re: RE: Empties

@Mochapj ooh, what are your thoughts on the DDG extra strength pads? And what didn't you like about the Tata Harper clarifying mask?

@Saschattack oh, I could write a novel about that Clarifying Mask, LOL 😄 

The short version is that from the moment you open the jar it reeks like burnt rubber (and continues to stink the whole time you have it on your face) and after removing it, I didn't notice any appreciable difference. 

As for the DDG pads, my skin doesn't tolerate any of them well if I use them with any sort of regularity (except the ultra gentle ones), so I can only get away with using them 1-2x a month. I think I'm in the minority though, as I believe quite a few people on BT that are fans use them consistently without issue.

Thanks for the input! I have a deluxe sample of that mask that I haven't used yet, so I'm very interested in if people like it or not.

Summer 2017 Empties!

Here are all of my empties from June, July, and August.

I cannot believe it is almost FALL!

Loves (would repurchase)

8.17 loves.JPG

Likes (enjoyed using, might repurchase)

8.17 likes.JPG

So-so (truly just used it to finish it up)

8.17 eh.JPG

& here's the candles I have finished up

8.17 candles.JPG

My first time participating in this thread because I happened to finish all of these on the same day so I snapped a pic before I tossed them! No complaints on anything, loved everything! In fact, most of these products I would consider HG status for me 🙂

IMG_3557.jpg

@gonerogue Lots of good stuff, the korres oil is pretty good and those Sephora wipes are bomb.

what do you think if the good genes? I just attend using it and I think that I like it. 

@darkiceis I have mixed feelings about Good Genes. I used to use it every night after Luna and I didn't think it was helping my skin. I cut back to using them every other night and saw major improvements BUT every time I used Good Genes on my forehead, it made me break out in big, weird pimples. I started using it only in the lower half of my face and it's not breaking me out there so...that's where I currently stand with it lol I do like it but not sure if I should be shelling out the money for it (I own the big bottle) if I can't use it everywhere.

@gonerogue  That's strange that it has that effect on your forehead.  Less use might be more for this product if you're seeing an improvement that way. I've been using it every night for just over a week and it seems ok, I guess i'll keep an eye on it just in case my skin reacts funky to it.

I've had the Korres Oil in my loves list for the longest time! I need to get it when the next good promo or sale comes around 🙂 

8,134 Replies
testing