Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Empties

Last set of empties for January. I have already repurchased the tarte opening act, Boscia cleansing water, lash food, and smashbox eye primer. I would consider buying the Sephora brush cleanser, Dr. Brandt Pore dermabrasion, the Laura Mercier powder, and the CR shampoo again if my staples ran out and I want to mix it up. The right side are declutters. The brushes are falling a part, the foundation sample I thought I could use as a bronzer but it didn't work, I can't stand the smell of the C-firm serum (I feel like it may have oxidized because it was a dark orange color and smelled like burnt oranges), and the 2 mascara minis are dried out.

Re: Empties

Do you like that Perricone moisturizer? I am thinking of stopping the one I am using (for a while) and opening that one.

@notcreative I was not a big fan of it actually. It was k...

@notcreative I was not a big fan of it actually. It was kind similar to the PTR water drench (just kind of) which is my fav. But it left my skin greasy and I wasn't a fan of the smell. I ended up giving it to my BF to finish. In it's defense, my mom decluttered and gave it to me last summer and I have no idea how long she had it before it. Not sure if that helps or not.

Re: @notcreative I was not a big fan of it actually. It was k...

Perricone products do have quite the scent. That does help. I will just finish what I am using now and open it next. I really hate having multiples of one type of product open but I already had something opened when that one arrived. Resisting the urge to tear into it while it is still somewhat cold out has been hard.

Congratulations, @Lazybeautybeast!  De-cluttering brushes is a must for me, too.  I use and clean mine so often that they start to get raggedy after a while.

I recently did a huge clean-out of my beauty products but these are some empties from this month. Jan.Empties.2018.jpg

Most I'd repurchase (and already have) but not the Japonesque Setting Spray; has the worst spray nozzle and literally spits these big drops on your skin before it turns into a heavy wet spray... no soft, even mist with this one. New favorite deep conditioner is that Palmer's Olive Oil for frizz free hair. 

And yes, I threw in that no-brand name candle LOL. It smelled heavenly! I have to find it, thinking it's from Target. I don't know but I need more.

Congratulations, @sojess! I hope you find your candle!

thanks @curlychiquita I do to! it's citrus-amber scented and it smells gooood 

skin care empites! IMG_8750.jpg

would repurchase

• biobelle #primer mask (i tried this on a day when i was just going to be home...and i fell in love.  my skin felt amazing, my makeup applied wonderfully! i need MOOOOOOARRRR)
  • indeed hydraluron mask (my fave hydrating mask - leaves dry, canadian winter skin feeling human again!)
  • dr dennis gross alpha beta universal daily peel

would use again

• tarte skincare maracuja c brightener eye cream
  • fresh seaberry cleansing oil
  • cliv max hyaluronic mask
  • fab ultra repair face moisturizer
  • nivea gentle cleansing wipes
  • simple nourishing 24 hour day/night moisturizing cream
  • exuviance age release night life 

go away

• lancome vision nuit beauty sleep perfector
  • guerlain abeille nyale night cream

Thank you for your feedback on the abeille royale cream, @sparklekai - I had been looking into it.  I had tried the Farmacy honey cream but didn't like the texture.  I think honey creams may not be for me.  I'm glad you loved the primer mask!

@curlychiquita the cream was way too fragranced for me.  it ended up irritating my skin and definitely wasn't hydrating enough! 

I love that primer mask too!! @sparklekai

@nikki it really surprised me!! 

I didn’t think it was going to work either but it really did.  I worked well!  The only issue I have with it personally is the time crunch in the morning to get basic makeup on.  Before an occasion or night out it would be great though:) @sparklekai

@heartsmyface i agree that i don't think i'd use it in the morning before work.  yes its only a 5 minute mask but it makes me feel leisurely & not in the rush to get ready

IMG_5615.JPG

Deluxe Sample of Olehenriksen's Truth Serum - I like it but for now I will not be repurchasing it as it contains dimethicone and I'm trying to eliminate as many products from my routine with silicones.  When I first used it, it broke me out, so I took a break and then returned to it and my skin was fine.  It does have a very nice finish though (probably because of the dimethicone!) so I'm sad I won't be repurchasing.  

NahNahLikeLikeLovesLovesJust okayJust okay

@jen81 same with loving the Ole Henriksen Truth Foaming Cleanser and kind of not really impressed with the Shiseido Ultimune Eye treament. Really love the way you set up your empties photos!

January was a successful month.  I managed to use up more than I brought I to the house which is all I really wanted.  I sorted things by things I am repurchasing and everything else.  

Repurchsing :E9F9FC47-6E06-4F43-8123-54F494E2D029.jpeg

A52A03D8-5A86-49CD-B3AA-9B56891DC6A3.jpeg

63517ACE-9478-4E51-A7D4-F2EE681625EC.jpeg

Everything: B4BA7DC3-EE39-41D5-9519-E26790FF6216.jpeg

A30BF1A3-5A40-4AE6-9BF6-4C72F9D1F344.jpeg

95AE4D33-204A-4EBA-953C-B1117530F5CF.jpeg

I am always in awe of your sheet mask use. No wonder you always look so vibrant. 

Oh wow you went through so mush stuff! Good on you @heartsmyface on keeping with regular skincare!

8,140 Replies
testing