I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Exactly. Plus even if you don't get quite there it keeps the notion of using things up in your mind. I will admit I went on such a kick of using foils in 2016 for travel that I honestly don't have that many left in my collection.
Thank you! It does feel great to use up samples that are just sitting around. I was getting around 40 a month each month at the end of last year, so I figured I could try to step it up a little this year! As long as I'm using up product, I consider it a win!
50 empties a month... wow what a great goal! I like the idea of setting a number, but 50 is too many for me, I'm thinking 15 is a realistic goal for the first few months. I love the BTS mascara too, and recently re discovered the OH power peel-- note-- don't put the peel on and fall asleep on the couch (I have super dry skin this week lol)!
Thanks! I thought 50 a month would be reasonable because that's about how many I was getting each month towards the end of last year. Since I count foils into it, it doesn't seem like as high of a number...if it was all DS or full size products, 50 would be a crazy goal! 15 is definitely a great number to finish a month, products add up quickly!
Falling asleep in a PowerPeel sounds painful - I can't believe your skin made it through! I'm sure it was smooth afterwards - definitely dry too though! It's a great product, but not one to overuse!
I feel like I'm constantly switching up what I'm using, especially with skin care, so I never finish things lol. I'm going to go through my empties bag tomorrow ( I'm anticipating about 8 items lol). I think I'm going to grab a few samples at the same time to set out on my bathroom counter. If I can hit 15 in Feb, I'll go for 20 in Mar.
i actually sat in the OH peel for around an hour and a half! My skin did clear up nicely, but I've never been so dry in my life!
Maybe one day, I'll be good about posting empties monthly, but for now, here is my stash from several months... (I'd also be more likely to be in-depth about my thoughts on the products, too)
Big fan of:
• Garnier micellar water - waterproof formula
• MISSHA Perfect Cover BB Cream
• Dr. Jart Beauty Balm & Water Drop Moisturizer
• UD Primer Potion
• Makeup Forever Excessive Lash Mascara
• YSL Black Opium
• Christophe Robin Regenerating Hair Mask (HATED how my hair felt after using this!!!!!)
• ACV by DP hue (it was okay, felt it's too expensive for how quickly I went through it, but I have long hair too)
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Most of my Q4 2016 empties. IDK what happened to most of the packets.
I would use the Estee Lauder Nutritious cream, Aveda Damage Remedy, and Neutrogena Hydroboost Water Gel SPF 15 again.
I'm a regular user of the Estee Lauder foundation, Bumble & bumble spray, Laneige SPF, Biore strips, and Shiseido Bio-Performance .
Others in image: Laneige Water Bank serum, Shiseido Bio-Performance Super Eye Contour Cream, RoC Max Resurfacing Facial Cleanser, Target brand pore strip, Kiehl's Super Multi-Corrective Eye-Opening Serum, SK-II essence, Loreal Revitalift SPF 15, eos hand lotion in berry blossom.
Soapbox Coconut shampoo: too heavy/moisturizing to actually clean my hair
Skin Inc moisture mask: not moisturizing enough. I used it as an overnight mask and my face would be bone dry when I woke up.
Dermablend foundation foil: too heavy, wrong colors
Pur double-ended eyeliner, liquid/pencil: liquid dried up and separated, pencil was a meh color/formula
Dermablend & Clinique moisturizer foils: not moisturizing enough
Kate Somerville moisturizer spf 50: caused congested skin, probably from the sunscreen
Biossance Revitilizer rose face oil: broke me out
Origins GinZing mask: no discernable effect
LaNiege overnight mask: same as Skin Inc, waaay not enough moisture for the whole night. Probably because both of them are gels, I never get good results there.
@JazaChai fresh cream is one of my favorite philosophy scents, it's like vanilla ice cream in a tube! and i thought the skin inc/la neige masks were terrible. my skin felt drier in the morning that it did before bed :/
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
j&j lavendar bubble bath
neostrata glycolic renewal cream 10%
tatcha luminous mist
josie Karan body butter
tcfs firming sheet mask
co2 black bubble pack and cleansing sheet mask
jill Stuart hair oil
Body and Hair products:
Hand cream: Both the Korres and Weleda are lovely and I have repurchased both.
Kahina Body Serum: Such a gorgeous body oil that I mix with my lotion. Super hydrating with a light, bright scent.
I did like: Caudalie Premier Cru (hydrating, quickly absorbed), Origins Night-A-Mins (also very hydrating), Tammy Fender Antioxidant Creme (but I'm not quite ready to purchase given the $95 price tag).
These are my Fall/Winter Empties.... I WILL be better about doing this monthly in 2017!
- MUFE HD Foundation -- Yep, can be nice and sheer, or built up. Will get a full bottle when I use up some of my current rotation.
- Dove Clinical Deoderant -- A constant repurchase for me.
- Bumble & Bumble Hairdressers Oil Conditioner -- LOVE this. I have another on the way. This and the Alterna are my favourites thus far.
- Opti-Free -- I wear monthlys and always re busy this.
- Mac Prep & Prime -- This was the brightening Pink one. I'll buy another, especially if they end up with another sale!
- V&R Flowerbomb -- quite nice. If I ever get through all of the samples I have...
- Biore Pore Strips -- They just make me feel like I'm getting gunk out.
- Lala Retro Wipped by DE-- Really like this for the winter. I have 5 or 6 of the samples to use up then will order the full sized when I know that the Canadian Site has the new packaging. Sunk in nicely, and sure helped the dry skin over winter. I use this as a night cream so I'm not sure how it works under makeup.
- Nars Eye Primer -- Love this. I know everyone raves about UD and TF. This is the one for me though, it may be due to my oilier eyelids. I popped the stopper out when I thought I was all out and got another full month of use from this. I know, I know... I shouldn't use it for so long, but this one tube lasted me for almost a full year.
- Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser - I liked this, my skin didn't feel stripped, but still felt clean.
- DE TLC Serum -- Already ordered another. I'm not really sure why, but I ended up using this over the Sunday Riley serums/oils I bought at the same time.
- MUFE Primer -- Smoothing -- Did as advertised and smoothed.
-Sephora 10 hour foundation
- B&B Hairdressers Oil Mask
- Lush Coconut Bar Shampoo
- Yes to Tomatoes Face Mask
- Shea Moisture Radiance Mask
- Aveeno Oatmeal Bath Soak
- Kat Von D Make Up Remover
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo
- Patchology Illuminate Mask
- Shu Uemura Moisturizer
- Laura Mericer Face Polish
- Klorane Dry Shampoo
- Caudale Micellier Water
- Random Nail Glue
- Lather Face Wash
- Smashbox Studio Skin --- Yeah for using up a full size foundation!!
- Sephora Noe stips
No dislikes in this group!
I started 20155 off great with posting empties... but lost my mojo over the summer. I still collected though. This post if for my summer empties!
- Naked Skin Colour Correctors -- I quite liked these, I've purchased both the peach and pink and will likely pick up the green for around my nose. They're light, but have just enough coverage to help my undereye area.
- Laura Mercier Foundation -- At first I thought this was going to be too watery, but it had a nice easy medium coverage. I really quite liked it over the summer and would certainly purchase a full size... assuming something else doesn't grab my attention before next summer.
- Bourjois Powder -- a pleasant surprise. A friend of mine lent this to me one day when we were getting ready to go out, I wasn't sure what to think when I could see a bit of shimmer, but really liked it for setting. I have another six on the go, so won't purchase again right away, but my local shoppers carry's this, so I'll pick one up at the next spend your points event.
- UD Naked Skin Concealer -- I've gone through four or five of these. Love. Tip for anyone else using these.. I took out the stopper when I thought I was all out, and got another week and half of use out of this!
- UD All Nighter setting spray-- A repurchase for me again and again. I'd like to start looking at others, but only out of curiosity, and maybe more of a refreshing spray, not necessarily setting. I think..
- Philosophy Ruby 3 in 1-- This is a love for the product, not necessarily the scent. Though I liked the scent, I'll buy different ones just to mix it up.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo -- This one I always go back to. It's not a holy grail, but it's top five and by far the cheapest of those 5! It does leave a bit of a white/grey cast, but if I'm careful I can manage it. Something to note, the brown coloured one I'm not a fan of, it always makes me feel dirty when I run my hands through my hair and there's brown on my fingers.
- Bioderma Cleansing Water -- This was my first micellier water. It took off all my make up, but I still felt that I needed to wash my face after. It may be a mental thing for me though. I have already re-purchased in the sensitive formula just to give it a try.
- YSL Touch Eclat -- I got this when the Sephora Favourites Chic Set went up at the wrong price on the Canadian Site. Its something I'd always wondered about, but never pulled the trigger on. I quite liked it when I was doing a "lighter layer" of make up over the summer. I would buy again if I got a deal for sure.
- Too Faced BTS Mascara -- This is my favourite. I love the travel sized ones so that I can change them out more often. No flakes, no smudges, nice volume without the spider effect. And it's frankly pretty great with water as well. I can cry in this stuff and have no running!
- Clinique Sky Violet Lip Liner -- Can't find this guy anymore. Was a favourite colour and formula. RIP
- Benefit Boing Concealer -- One of the heavier concealers I have. I actually use this in my car to touch up my under eye area after work if going out. I can use my finger to just dab a bit on to make me look a little more awake.
- MUFE Single artist shadow in M532 -- A pale matte pink, I used this every day as the first shadow I put on all over the lid. I love how these shadows blend together, the pigment is buildable. I have already purchased another.
- Bumble and Bumble Thickening S&C -- Love most of their S&C. Nothing much to say, just great.
- Biore Pore Strips -- I feel as though these never get everything out, but I get a real sense of satisfaction from seeing the blackheads on the strip after I pull it off.
- Kate Somersville Goat Milk Moisturiser -- Nice for Summer, will likely need something different for winter, but will look at getting some of this for next summer.
- Latisse -- I've used this on my lashes for just over a year now. Love it, will continue to use it for as long as I can foresee, my lashes are longer, and look thicker since they don't fall out as often. I would recommend to anyone thinking about it.
- MUFE HD Blush Sample -- Really liked this. It was more of a coral colour, that I wouldn't have picked myself, but was nice to try something different. I wouldn't buy the coral, but will buy one of these in a pale pink shade once I get to a physical store to see colours.
- Alterna Caviar S&C -- Yep, love em. Can't believe how much of a difference higher end S&C have made for my hair. I'm contemplating the full size, but know that the smaller sets come on sale for BF/Boxing Day so have gotten these for now.
- Costco Cotton Rounds
- Grandpas Oatmeal Soap -- was having some dry skin issues and this was given to me to try. I used it, but won't re buy.
- Marcelle Eye make up remover
- Organix S&C
- Herbal Essances Conditioner -- used this up as shaving cream, my hair needs more than it could offer.
- Texas Tea S&C
- Dr. Jart Pore Medic
- UD Perversion Mascara
- Smashbox Primer
- Bamboo Dry Shampoo -- Great smell!
- Alterna Caviar Oil Cream
- Bath & Body Works Sanitizer
- Korres Wild Roses Overnight Moisturiser
- Body Butter
- Laura Mercier Primer
- Alterna Caviar Oil
- Clinique Moisture Surge- Used this on my elbows, never liked it for my face.
- Korres Face Mask/Treatment
- Shea Moisture Mud Mask
- B&B Surf S&C -- The only B&B I've tried that I wouldn't buy so far.
- YuBe Moisturizer
- Sephora Sheet Masks
- Givenchy Primer
- Crest Luxury White Toothpaste
- OH cleansing Wipes
-- Marc Jacobs Foundation -- I really wanted to like this, but it wears off on anything that touches my face. I didn't even use both cards. The colour match was great, but I can't have my foundation coming off like that.
-- Josie Maran Foundation -- Same thing as Marc Jacobs, came off of my face so easily was way too dewy for my skin. I used one sample and tossed the other two cards.
-- MUFE setting spray -- I love the brand, but nope. Didn't do anything for staying power.
-- Cover FX primer -- tossed the tube after two uses. Didn't do anything bad, but didn't do anything good either, was basically just another step with no benefit.
And if you've read all this... thanks for listening!