Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

@eshoe sounds like the 23yrold mask will be perfect for H...

@eshoe sounds like the 23yrold mask will be perfect for Halloween. you may make lil children cry though. 😉

Re: Empties

september empties!IMG_3720.jpg

makeup

would repurchase

• BECCA BACKLIGHT PRIMING FILTER
  • BITE BEAUTY PEPPER
  • ESSENCE COOL NUDE - this may be my fave lipstick.  the shade is perfect for me for every day.  the formula is creamy yet not to the point where it is difficult to apply. 

would use again

• COLOURPOP BETWEEN THE SHEETS
  • URBAN DECAY SUBVERSION LASH PRIMER
  • COLOURPOP CORSET
  • LOREAL JENNIFER'S NUDE
  • MAC KINDA SEXY
  • BITE BEAUTY NAME UNKNOWN
  • LANCOME CONQUETTE
  • NIVEA LIP SMOOTHIE

no

• COLOURPOP SUPER SHOCK SHADOW IN BELLADONNA LILY
    COLOURPOP SUPER SHOCK SHADOW IN BELLADONNA LILY
    COLOURPOP SUPER SHOCK SHADOW IN BRADYskincare
  • COLOURPOP SUPER SHOCK SHADOW IN ONAI
  • COLOURPOP SUPER SHOCK SHADOW IN TRUTH
  • PROJECT BEAUTY SPRAY, SET GO (worst spritzer ever)
  • WANDER BEAUTY UNLASHED VOLUME AND CURL MASCARA ( i could have gotten a dud…but this was so dry that i couldn’t even get any transfer from the wand to my lashes)
  • BITE BEAUTY BRONZE
  • MAC PLUM PRINCESS
  • MAC WHIRL
  • URBAN DECAY FIEND

Screen Shot 2018-10-06 at 3.47.07 PM.png

skincare

would repurchase

• DR DENNIS GROSS ALPHA BETA UNIVERSAL DAILY PEEL 

would use again

• TARTE RAINFOREST OF THE SEA DEEP DIVE
  • CONSONANT NATURAL FOAMING FACE WASH
  • LANEIGE WATER SLEEPING MASK
  • TARTE SKINCARE MARACUJA C-BRIGHTENER EYE CREAM

haircare 

would repurchase

• ION COLOR BRILLIANCE BRIGHTS IN SKY BLUE

would use again

• IGK MISTRESS HYDRATING HAIR BALM (i received this from sephora and igk free to try.  while i like the product and i would use it again if i had it, i’m not sure that i would repurchase it.  it was great for reducing frizz. however, i have super fine hair & i found it weighed down my curls 

bodycare

would repurchase

•   DELECTABLE TRIPLE MOISTURE BODY LOTION
  • DELECTABLE SUPREMELY RICH BODY WASH

would use again

• O'KEEFFE'S SKIN REPAIR

yessss @sparklekai delectable is great. the lemon body wa...

yessss @sparklekai delectable is great. the lemon body wash is my favorite. I've tried them all. 😍 they make good hand lotions too.

Re: yessss @sparklekai delectable is great. the lemon body wa...

@sonnydee i'm hard time finding the large bottles of the body lotion! but delectable is on my hunt list

Ulta! @sparklekai online only though. I just checked they have 4 scents. 3.4oz, I don't know how big you wanted them but that's the size they have there. I get my body wash from there. They've had it on special before too. 

I'm in Canada @sonnydee and while i can technically get stuff from ulta now - the duties always kill any desire i have to do so!  which is also frustrating since i believe this is a canadian brand!

Hey @sparklekai Shoppers stocks Delectable, I'm not sure if they have the specific product, but I know they sell their hand creams and lotions.

I agree with you about Ulta , I also live in Canada. When I consider shipping fees, the exchange rate and Customs, it’s quite useless to order anything from Ulta ☹️ @sparklekai !

Sorry you had the worst spritzer ever, @sparklekai😂 although Jurlique’s Balancing Rosewater might give it some competition!

it seems insane to me that it is 2018 & they can't figure out spritzers! that & the fact that we don't have teleporters!

September empties! Love this thread, really pushes me to use my product instead of buying more. I hope next month will be even better 🙂 
LovesLoves

Spoiler
Sephora Dry Clean Instant Dry Cleaner Spray : Sooo nice for a quick cleanse of your brushes. Doesn't break me out and take off a nice amount of build-up product on the brushes.
Omorozvica Queen of Hungary Beauty Mist : I love a good mist, i spray it when my makeup feels powdery or after washing my face (this is not a setting spray tho). It's incredibly hydrating, smells good but not too strong. Very luxurious.
Fresh Soy Face Cleanser : In my top 5 cleansers for sure. I know a lot of people hate the smell, but somehow i got used to it and i kinda like it. It's perfect for sensitive skin, it's cooling and makes my skin feel extra clean.
Tatcha The Silk Canvas Primer : I fell hard for this primer. I didn't expect it to be so good i thought it was just hype. I'm buying this at the next sephora sale. I got about 3 uses out of this little sampler and really made my skin/foundation look like smooth silk.
Ole Henriksen C-Rush Brightening Gel Cream : Smells like the Truth Serum ❤️ Feels hydrating but is lightweight so it doesn't clog my pores. Perfect for my combination skin.
Ole Henriksen African Red Tea Foaming Cleanser : Really good. Helps dissolves makeup and deep cleanse like you wouldn't expect from a foaming cleanser.
Sol de Janeiro Bum Bum Bath Bomba (you can see in the photo my struggle to undo the packaging 😅) : I'm not the biggest bath person, i am more of a shower gal, but i really appreciated this bath bomb. I understand if you buy a lot of these this one is pricy. What i liked the most was the salt inside that made my skin feel suuuper soft and not dry at all. Smell is amazing as always, like any other SDJ product.
Briogeo Blossom and Bloom Volumizing Shampoo & Conditionner : First time trying this and my hair LOVED it. Really added volume at my roots and amplified my curls.
Glamglow Bubblesheet Oxygenating Deep Cleanse Mask (from my FFF subscription) : Wasn't my first time trying these, but i love 'em. They are pricy for what they do, but when you use high coverage makeup or are really oily they help to deep cleanse and remove impurities.

Likes and okayLikes and okay

Spoiler
Tarte Rainforest Of The Sea Water Foundation in Light Neutral : This was okay, but i don't know if i would buy a full size. The color was on point with my fake tan and it was full coverage. Would need to try again to get a better opinion.
Kat Von D Lock-it Setting Spray : Again, it's nice, but would need to try a bigger size to know for sure if i like it.
Too Faced Hangover Primer : I like it because it's hydrating and it smells like coconut, but i don't know if it prolonged the wear of my makeup that much ?.. You don't need a lot of product tho.
Kate Sommerville Wrinkle Warrior 2-in-1 Plumping Moisturizer and Serum : Like it. Really felt like it plumped my skin, it's lightweight and makes your skin smooth.
Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser x2 : Dissolves your makeup at night, makes your skin feel clean and you don't need a lot of it. The only thing i don't like about it is that it feels soapy and bubbly like you would put a liquid hand soap on your face (if that makes sense 😅).
Biobelle Beauty Secret Pomegranate & Hyaluronic Acid : Would buy again. I liked the smell and did moisturized my skin.
Purlisse Green Tea-Ginger Rejuvenating Sheet Mask : It was okay. My skin felt detoxed afterwards and although there was a lot of serum in it, it absorbed nicely.
Too Faced Lip Injection : This is actually a declutter, i realized i had it for a long time. It's just okay, really tingles but plumps your lips for a reasonably short amount of time. You need to be careful not to overline your lips or you'll look irritated. Once my boyfriend thought i had an allergic reaction lol.

Nope, not for meNope, not for me

Spoiler
Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in Peach Kiss : The balm itself is okay i just really hated the color. You need to reapply often.
Kirkland Daily Facial Towelettes : They do a great job, but i'm gonna stop using them because of the massive quantity of alcohol in them. One more pack to go and i can move on.
Verb Ghost Shampoo and Conditionner : Wasn't as "weightless" as i thought it would be. I don't wash my hair a lot (about 2 times a week) and my hair looked dirty at the end of the very next day.

@ellem24 I agree with you on the Tatcha! Just a note, if you do pick up the FS, use much less than recommended. I went by the instructions and it pilled under my foundation. It comes with a little disk that has a line on it; I use about only 1/4 up to the line and that’s more than enough😉

Weekly empties, mostly masks. Mostly loves, a couple likes and a hmmmMostly loves, a couple likes and a hmmm

0454F366-FEA8-4666-A808-DD3EF8E43B0F.jpeg

Ok, but wouldn’t repurchase. This is my third Wonjin mask and none have been outstanding. I tried:) I think the Sephora mask was old stock and it irritates my skin unfortunately.

RE: Empties

September empties: LOVES: Caudalie beauty elixir, Laneige sleeping mask, Farmacy honey potion mask, Drunk elephant C-Firma Day serum and SKII moisturizer. OK: Fresh soy cleanser and Aveeno makeup wipes. HATES: Caudalie moisturizing sorbet( smells really bad and does absolutely nothing to my skin) and briogeo deep conditiong mask ( I tried it several times and it ALWAYS leaves my hair tangled )

September empties

7C51FD58-DB8F-4087-A224-C8CF2CC349B3.jpeg

Spoiler
Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel - one of my HG cleansers; it has a lovely scent, a lush texture and washes away beautifully. I only wish it was easier to purchase in Canada

Berrisom Blackberry Mask - a cute mask that was very hydrating and fit well

DDG Alpha Beta Ultra Gentle x2 - the only variation of the DDG A/B peels that I really like because it doesn't sting

The Little Alchemist Ultra C serum - a comfortable serum, absorbed well, good ingredients. 

Clarisonic Pedi disc - regular repurchase for keeping my heels in shape

The Ordinary Salicylic Acid 2% - regular repurchase; can't go wrong at that price 

DDG Ferulic Acid & Retinol - love these pads; they make my skin glow the day after I've used them

0AF01EE7-B46F-45A5-B7F5-873293AE5249.jpeg

Spoiler
TCFS Egg Mask - I don't like the slimy texture of this mask so I probably would never repurchase it

Skin Laundry Hydrating Mask - is ok at hydrating, but I hate the soapy scent

PTR Rose Gel Mask - I don't like how sticky and gloppy this mask is

Tony Moly Mask x 6 - these are fine; this was the last of a giant 20+ pack I bought from Korea and none of them stood out and I didn't like how they fit

Lancome Bifacil - stings my eyes when I use it to remove makeup

Masque Bar Anti Blemish Mud - terrible delivery system for a mud; nothing will come out of the package

Face Shop Olive Mask - fine, would not repurchase, decently moisturizing, slimy texture

Sephora Rose Mask - ok, fits well, not as moisturizing as others I've tried

Herbivore Jasmine Green Tea Mist - this was ok but I don't like it as much as ML Jasmine Garden and I didn't find this very refreshing

The Ordinary Resveratrol & Ferulic Acid - the texture of this was very greasy and I never felt like it absorbed. Also did not notice any difference with use.

DDG Alpha Beta Extra Strength - ok but stings a little too much for me

Armani Luminous Silk - I think I liked it but I didn't wear it long enough to tell; I was mostly checking the shade match

5F3C1239-74F6-405F-85EE-DBE83DCED725.jpeg

Spoiler
TH Nourishing Oil Cleanser - the cleanser is not bad but the pump is terrible! It doesn't depress properly so you're trying and trying to get something out and then finally it does pump and shoots the product across the room :S 

Jane Scrivner Frankincense Toning Mist - I hated this so 
much! The scent is like wet cardboard and the mister is like having someone sneeze on your face. PAAAASSSSSS.

The scent is like wet cardboard and the mister is like having someone sneeze on your face. PAAAASSSSSS.”

😂😆 Good to know, @Mochapj!!

Here are my September empties.  Not too many loves, a lot of likes and okays and a few dislikes or not for me.

Loves and will repurchase.Loves and will repurchase.Likes and okay.  I’m looking for cheaper alternatives to Drunk Elephant (it’s just too costly for me).Likes and okay. I’m looking for cheaper alternatives to Drunk Elephant (it’s just too costly for me).Hates or dislikes to put it nicer.  The purple beauty blender was so different from my pink ones.  The Bobbi Brown lipgloss was all glitter.  Tarte mascara irritated my eyes.Hates or dislikes to put it nicer. The purple beauty blender was so different from my pink ones. The Bobbi Brown lipgloss was all glitter. Tarte mascara irritated my eyes.

That salted caramel and macadamia nut product sounds so good, @Beth530! I’ve found the black beauty blender to be my favorite, seems like the pink one didn’t last that long for me. Haven’t tried the one you have pictured (and doesn’t sound like I need to 😉

@eshoe I’ll have to try the black beauty blender next.

I love that Sephora foot mask as well! Looks like you’ve gone through lots, great job @Beth530! 😄 I hope you’re able to find alternatives for DE- I’m about to try out the Glycolic Serum by Consonant and it looks similar to the T.L.C. Framboos based on the ingredients but not exactly the same. The Ordinary has a Marula oil that is very similar to DE but it’s a bit thicker and more oily feeling than DE’s Marula. 

I haven’t yet found a doup for B-hydra that has clean ingredients (no essential oils, silicons or fragrance)  and there’s tons of vit. C serums on the market; I hope you’re able to find alternatives that work for you! ☺️

@bakeamuffin I heard that the Ole Henriksen truth serum is good, so I might try that next.  I’ve tried numerous brands of Marula oil, but I just found them okay for my skin.  I guess the search always continues for me as I tend to need different products for the different seasons.

8,134 Replies
testing