I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Hmmmm, maybe, but some are much more effective than others. The baby foot ones are still my favourite. They're around $25 a peel which is on the spendier side, but you actually end up with babyfeet!
I think it was the tony moly ones I tried that I didn't really get results from. I'm still looking for a cheaper alternative to babyfoot that works just as well, but maybe it doesn't exist.
@notcreative they're good stuff! Specifically for those darker shades or liquid lipsticks, and when you don't want to have to take off all your makeup just to change lip shades
I didn't like the apple MBD sheet mask but now I'm wondering if it's just because it was the pore tightening one. It really felt like my face was burning so I removed it after five minutes. No redness or burning immediately after wearing it so I'm unsure as to whether my skin is just being a sissy or what. Did you get any tingling or burning with yours?
What results have you had with the **bleep** mask? My Beauty Diary has some great masks. I love the birds nest, black pearl, and Royal jelly. The white Rose is on my list to try.
I really like the **bleep**+fab mask,it is very soothing and moisturizing and it does seem to plump up my skin.You can wash it off or use it as a sleeping mask at night,it is a gel texture.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Been looking forward to posting this month's empties, since I feel like I got through a bunch of stuff in May. (Plus, I wanted to throw out all this trash )
May was a skincare heavy month.
- Body Shop Coconut Body Butter - a perennial fave. Nice scent, moisturizes well. A pretty regular repurchase.
- Farmacy Purple Broccoli Brightening masks x3 - another fave. This is probably the 4th or 5th box I've repurchased since they launched last summer.
- Odacite serums (FS bottle BL+C, mini vials of JO+L, GR+G) - BL+C died an untimely death when I dropped something and it knocked the bottle off my counter and sprayed it all over the bathroom wall. Prior to that I'd been enjoying it on the areas where I struggle with acne. GR+G has been good for fading hyperpigmentation, and JO+L has been helpful for shrinking existing pimples.
- Stieva (Retin-A) - very helpful.
The (Not) Bads:
- Clinique Green Toning Lotion - it's ok, but I don't think I'm a toner person. I wouldn't repurchase.
- FAB Ultra Repair Liquid Recovery - it looked like water, it felt like water, and for a long time I didn't think it did anything. But, once I started using it after my microdermabrasion sessions, I got it. It's soothing, but I don't think I have much need of it at the moment, so it's not a repurchase.
- Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer - Another one that was just ok. It didn't bother my skin, but I don't need a lot of moisturizer during the summer, so I probably won't repurchase.
- Tony Moly I'm Real Rice x2 - it's supposed to be for clearing, or something. It was just ok. I find all the TM masks I've tried make my skin feel stuffy after I remove them.
- Farmacy Invincible Root Cell serum - it's an anti-aging serum, and other than that it felt slightly sticky, I didn't notice it doing much of anything.
- Face Shop Honey mask - ok, not great. Mask was not a great fit.
- DDG Gentle pads (x 20?) - the last of my sample stash. All DDG pads are too strong for my face, so I use them on my feet, hands or décolleté instead.
- Jack Black DIY Peel Pads x2 - not sure where these came from, but they were ok. I liked that the pads were really textured. I'd want to look into the ingredients more before I bought a FS.
- UD Perversion mascara - actually finished this one. Used to be a favorite, but I've moved on.
- Body Shop Tea Tree oil - mix this into my May Lindstrom problem solver sometimes. It's ok.
- Sunday Riley Luna - decided to try it again for a bit. Still breaks me out.
- Sephora brush cleaner - does the job.
- Cake Beauty Sweethearts hand cream - too sweet. Purchased at the checkout at Marshalls on a whim since I used to really like Cake hand creams. Think I've grown out of them.
- Sephora Lotus mask - I don't like Sephora sheet masks at all. They always seem to have something that irritates my skin. And a lot of them smell bad.
- Vichy Normaderm - Bought it a while back to try, but finally did this month. Makes my skin dry and flaky. Also feels like it has a lot of silicone. No thanks.
- NARS Audacious mascara - I love this stuff in DS. However, large is completely different. Also, the last time I used it I apparently cracked the cap when I screwed it back on, which caused the rest of the tube to completely dry out, so it's not empty but it had to be tossed.