I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Loves (have repurchased, will repurchase):
Lush Celebrate Lotion
Carol's Daughter Sacred Tiare Conditioner
Phyto Phytodenisum Serum
Fresh Rose Face Mask
Like (may or may not repurchase):
Lush Rockstar Soap
Lush Lonely Heart Bubble Bar
Lush Dorothy Bubble Bar
IT Cosmetics Brow Power
Disney H20 Grapefruit Bergamot Shampoo
L'Occitane Shea Butter (love the product, but this size is way too big)
Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
Anastasia Tweezers (used them to pry something open, now they won't grasp anything)
Dislike (no plans to purchase):
Drybar Bay Breeze Hydrating Shot (didn't find it hydrating or moisturizing, didn't seem to do anything)
A love Celebrate lotion. That's the one that is only offered at Christmas time, correct? It reminds me that I have a tub somewhere that I really should start using once I finish up my open lotion.
Bummed to hear you didn't like Bay Breeze. My hair is DEFINITELY noticeably softer after using it, but hair also tends toward the dry, coarse side to begin with so probably anything helps. But I also leave it on way, way longer than the directions say and towel dry my hair pretty aggressively first so Im not sure if that makes a difference.
This is for December and January. Not a lot, bit still feels nice.
OPI Samoan Sand - this is my perfect nude nail polish
Seche Restore - this helped me extend lifetime of all kinds of nail polishes
Ole Henricksen Truth Serum - love this stuff, it really brightens skin and any dark spots
Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask - it's a clay mask. I love the tingling sensation. It's mild, but it works.
Bumble and Bumble - invisible hairdresser's oil primer - I always get samples of this everywhere, but it's too expensive for me to buy on its own. It supposednly protects from heat, but I notice that it makes my hair really soft. The whole Invisible Oil line is my favorite, actually.
Patchology hydrate flashmasque facial sheet - this was really nice and hydrating, but not sure it's worth the cost.
Mario Badescu hydro moisturizer with vitamin C - I liked this alright, but I have too many moisturizers at the moment.
Fresh soy face cleanser - I liked this, but would not repurchase. I prefer cleansers that have more foamy consistency once mixed with water.
Kempinski shower gel with bergamot - I loved this, but I don't know where I would get more even if I wanted as this was stolen from the hotel(don't judge me).
Dior Miss Dior moisturizing body milk - too thin
L'Occitane Creme Ultra Riche Visage (ultra rich face cream) - I don't like such heavy fragrance in face creams
Too Faced Born This Way foundation - Vanilla is my color, but I wasn't crazy about the coverage, it was too streaky IMO.
Marc Jacobs Decadence - I'm indifferent toward this one
Belief the true cream - moisturizing bomb. I think this is good for people with dry skin. I didn't really care for it. (My skin is pretty normal most of the time).
A couple of man's samples I used as room spray
SO many empties for December, and thank goodness - after doing blondesluv2shop's makeup inventory I realized just how much stuff I have. Definitely trying to use up more than I buy/acquire, at the very least.
Loves: Have or Would Repurchase
Clinique Even Better Essence Lotion
Laura Mercier Face Polish
Murad Essential-C Toner
l'Occitane Almond Shower Oil
YSL Fusion Ink Foundation
CoverFX Illuminating Primer
Nailtiques Formula 2+
Oscar Blandi dry shampoo
Murad Essential-C moisturizer
OH Truth Serum
OH Ultimate Lift Eye Cream
Mario Badescu Glycolic Toner
Dr Jart Premium BB Cream
Caudalie The des Vignes hand cream
Tony Moly Red Wine and Makgeoli sheet masks
Miss Spa Brightening sheet mask
YSL Touch Eclat No 2
FAB Facial Radiance Pads
Origins Out of Trouble mask
Nude ProGenius Treatment Oil
Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation
OH Power Peel
FAB Ultimate Repair Cream
Boscia Tsubaki Deep Hydration Sleeping Mask
Tatcha Revitalizing Eye Cream
Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
philosophy Renewed Hope Eye cream
Aveeno body wash
Simple Micellar Water
Fresh Rose Face Mask
Living Proof dry shampoo
Manefit Cucumber Soothing + Moisturizing sheet mask
Ulta cotton rounds
Karuna eye mask
fresh Rose toner
Living Proof phd 5-in-1 shampoo & conditioner
Korres Grapefruit Brightening mask
Neutrogena Acne treatment
Buxom Sophia gloss
Tarte Power Pigment in Flush
Skin Inc serum
Dr Jart Dermaclear water
Laure Mercier gloss
Giorgio Armani eye serum
Molton Brown eye makeup remover
Kate Somerville Retinol night cream
Lancome Lift+Firm cream
Estee Lauder night cream
Tatcha Enriching Renewal Cream
Tatcha Moisture Rich Silk Cream
Ojon Deep Conditioning Treatment
Hask Argan Oil Shampoo+Conditioner
Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Cream
Fresh Black Tea Age-Delay Loion spf20
Fresh Peony Brightening Night Treatment Mask
Missha Clear Toner
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
Chanel No 5
PTR Squalene Oilless Face Oil
KP Duty AHA body moisturizer
KP Duty body scrun
Kate Somerville ExfoliKate
Algenist Power Anti-Wrinkle serum
BVLGARI The Blanc body lotion (too light)
REN Firming Beauty Shots (didn't see any results)
Bio-Oil PurCellin Oil (used it for stretch marks, saw no results)
Pacifica lipstick (way too dry)
Sephora Nano eye pencil (also way too dry)
MAC Zoom Lash (too wet - made lashes very clumpy)
Algenist Repairing Tinted Moisturizer (wrong color)
Philosophy Back to Nurture moisturizer (too greasy)
Amazing Concealer (wrong color, creased badly)
Davines Love conditioner (too heavy and didn't wash out well; made hair greasy)
Just wow. That is a truly impressive month. And sad to see you didn't like Love. (Or as I should have said, love Love.) It's one of my favorites.
I do also really enjoy the Caudalie hand cream though. Got a steal on a set from Nordstrom Rack and I'm loving the scented versions even more than the more standard hand lotion they have which I also really liked.
Woo hoo! You used up a TON of products this month from some really great brands.
I've been wanting to try that Clinique Even Better Essence Lotion. When in your skincare routine do you use it? In place of toner?
After toner, as an essence. They just reformulated it, so I don't know how similar the new one is. The old one, at least, is similar to belif's Hungarian Water Essence; it's closer in thickness to a serum than to a watery essence like SK-II or Misshe, but it's fast-absorbing and not at all sticky.
Every month I get more than I use. It's a never-ending process. In 2016, I really need to make an effort to stop buying so much.
You did a great job this month.
I love the Love Conditioner and tried it for the first time this month as well. I always rinse for a long time though, because Wen trained me well.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
I don't think I've posted my empties in here since January 2014! I still kept track of them in a spreadsheet and made sure I used up stuff but haven't posted in here in forever. I feel like I used up more when I posted in this thread.
Loved, repurchased or plan to:
Nia24 Skin Strengthening Cream
Topix Power of Three Cream
Alpha Hydrox Intensive Serum 14% Gylcolic (for KP on upper arms or chest, too much for my face)
Hugo Naturals Vanilla Peppermint Bath Bomb x2
Dr Jart Premium BB Cream (I think I prefer the detox version)
Not for me,will not repurchase:
Be Natural Callus Remover
Vanicream Cleansing Bar
Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri Leave In
Nutra Nail 5 to 7 Nail Growth
Maybelline Brow Drama Mascara
...and yes I attacked the packaging and made sure I got every last drop!
Good thing I have both... The primary ingredient in the Nia24 is their version of niacinamide which is a B vitamin. It's good for redness, fading hyperpigmentation, and dehyrated/dry skin. Strivectin's primary ingredients are copper petides which are supposed to get down there and help boost collagen production. It's good for sagging and mild wrinkles. I can't use the Strivectin on my face since it's got Shea Butter which breaks me out. I use it on super old stretch marks in-conjunction with dermarolling. My mom uses it on her face and loves it! It's a HG for her.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
I tried a lot of new things and used up more in a month than I ever have before! You'll also see there are a lot of new things that made it into the ‘hate’ category because of smell alone. Maybe I was just really sensitive to smells this month.
New to me - loved:
- Tatcha Pure One Step Camellia Cleansing Oil – I’m not a huge fan of cleansing oils, but I really, really enjoyed this one! Great smell and it took off my waterproof mascara quicker and easier than other oils and removers I’ve used. Also, I got a little of this in my eye and it didn’t make it hazy like some oils do. A little too expensive, but I might consider splurging on this after I use up my current makeup remover and 2 bottles of micellar water.
- john masters organics Body Wash in Blood Orange & Vanilla – WOW! This body wash smells soooo good! Very foamy and I got 2 uses out of this packet.
- john masters organics Body Milk in Blood Orange & Vanilla – again, the smell of this stuff is awesome! I found this to be moisturizing without being too thick. Loved this a lot and will probably purchase the full size at some point.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo – love that this is brown instead of white because it blends so well into my hair. The smell is very strong though so I follow it up with a spritz of perfume. I’ve already purchased another bottle of this.
- john masters organics Body Wash in Geranium & Grapefruit – you can actually smell both the geranium and grapefruit in this body wash and let me tell you, the smell is fantastic!! I find that usually grapefruit tends to overpower anything else, but that’s not the case here. This smelled so good and it’s going to be difficult for me to decide if I want to buy the full size of this or the Blood Orange & Vanilla (is both an option?).
- john masters organics Body Milk in Geranium & Grapefruit – just as awesome as the body wash! My fiancé complemented me on how good I smelled.
- Carol’s Daughter Monoi Repairing sulfate-free shampoo & conditioner – what took me so long to try this? I have tried a few sulfate-free shampoos in the past, but they never lather very well so I stopped trying them. This one is totally different! Lathers very well and was very moisturizing. Plus, it smells divine. I’ll be purchasing this after I finish my L’Oreal shampoo and conditioner.
- Farmacy Hydrating Coconut Gel Mask in Brightening – I really enjoyed this sheet mask. The smell was great and there was a lot of product on the mask that I was able to massage into my skin after the time was up. I have 2 more of these that I can’t wait to use.
- Ole Henriksen Power Peel – the smell of each of these products is just divine. The almond polish was a great exfoliator and I liked the slight burning of the lemon strip. I noticed my skin felt very smooth afterwards and it felt even better the next day. I have 2 more of these to use and I can’t wait!
- Dr. Jart+ Water Fuse Water-Max Sleeping Mask – this was a great overnight mask. Very hydrating and I liked the smell. After I finish up my Glamglow Thirsty Mud, I will think about buying the full size of this.
- Bath & Body Works Candle in Amsterdam – I wish I had bought more candles from the city collection. This one smelled great and now we’re burning Istanbul.
- Bath & Body Works Candle in Welcome – a great scent for fall and winter.
New to me - meh:
- e.l.f. Lip Exfoliator – I liked this a lot when I first got it, but it is totally dried up and hard now.
- HEMPZ Calming Herbal Body Wash for Sensitive Skin – not super moisturizing, but a good body wash nonetheless. I also really enjoyed the smell of this. I would use more samples of this, but I wouldn’t buy it.
- HEMPZ Herbal Body Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin – this was okay, but I like the Triple Moisture one a lot more.
- dermalogica Precleanse – this was an okay makeup remover. It took off my makeup well, but it left my eyes a little hazy. I also really didn’t like how this smelled.
- Marc Jacobs Dot fragrance – this is just okay. I really used to love this perfume so I have a full size, but I hardly ever reach for it.
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream – lightweight, but felt very moisturizing and wasn’t greasy. However, it has a very peculiar old lady smell.
- YSL Touch Eclat in No 2 – I liked the coverage this provided and my current concealer is a click-stick so I know I’d love that aspect of it. It is very expensive though so I won’t be buying the full size.
- Shania fragrance – this used to be one of my favorite fragrances, but I’ve outgrown it in the past few years. I have another bottle to finish up and then I’ll try to find something new that I like.
- Burberry Fresh Glow in Nude Radiance No. 01 – I used this as a primer under my foundation and enjoyed the subtle glow it gave me. I would use another sample of this, but I won’t be buying the full size.
- BECCA Backlight Priming Filter – again, I enjoyed the subtle glow this gave me but didn’t think it was anything special. I will say that I liked this one more than Burberry Fresh Glow though.
- Bath & Body Works Foaming Hand Soap in Aqua Blossom – love this soap, but wasn’t a huge fan of this scent.
- Neutrogena Makeup Remover Night Calming Towelettes – liked the scent and these are great as a first cleanse for taking off face makeup. It takes a lot more rubbing to remove eye makeup.
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate Intensive Exfoliating Treatment – this was just okay. I liked the OH PowerPeel much more.
- NIVEA In-shower Body Lotion – this didn’t moisturize my skin much at all. I much prefer LUSH Ro’s Argan as an in-shower lotion.
New to me – hated:
- Sephora Pomegranate Eye Mask – I didn’t like the shape of these at all and the backing of one was already off when I pulled it out of the package.
- Kate Somerville Quench Hydrating Face Serum – this came oozing out the foil as soon as I opened it and I lost about ½ of the product. I found it to be very greasy and I just really didn’t like it.
- Bare Minerals bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation – application was very streaky using my Kabuki brush. This also wasn’t a good color match for me.
- LUSH Turkish Delight – I got this as a gift and I’m so glad to finally be done with it! The smell is WAY too strong and it also has a weird texture, not creamy like you’d expect.