Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

RE: Empties

I panned this enormous thing of cream. This cream used to belong to my mom. She bought it at the beginning of her cancer journey in 2014. She died in 2016, and left about 1/2 of the jar. I found it and decided to use it up at the beginning of 2019. I used the last of it yesterday. I miss my mom. She was 55 when she passed almost three years ago. I also used these two serums from the Drunk Elephant Littles collection. I have all the full sizes, but prefer the small ones because they are so darned cute.

Re: RE: Empties

Sorry for your loss @Marathoner422 . Im glad you were able to honor her memory and pan this cream.

My condolences to you. The cream has a bit of sentiment f...

My condolences to you. The cream has a bit of sentiment for you. Mom started the jar and you finish it. That has so many emotions for me when I read this. Bittersweet. I appreciate you sharing your story💗

My condolences @Marathoner422 I'm glad you could finish what she started and that you found a way to bring back her memory through that.

RE: Re: RE: Empties

Thanks, I did! I also have one of her makeup brushes that I use. I think of her every time I see it.

Oh my, such a bittersweet experience it must have been to finish that cream @Marathoner422. I'm so sorry for your loss. Good job on your empties. And you're right, the small ones are super cute!

RE: Re: RE: Empties

I love all kinds of travel size things - I’m a sucker for the cute packaging!

@Marathoner422 I'm so sorry for your loss. <333

@Marathoner422 I am so sorry to hear about your mom ❤️

Best,
Rebecca

💗

💜

💜

I am so sorry, @Marathoner422. It’s very touching that you finished that off, I can’t imagine everything you must be feeling. Wishing you peace as you continue moving forward.

Re: Empties

Hey guys! this is my first time replying to a post so here it goes! unfortunately some of the labels on these products got rubbed off, sorry i tend to just throw em in my purse/backpack or car in an effort to go through them 😞 Also a couple of these i held onto for sentimental feels but no more! goals for the future is too keep chipping away at my collection of lippies. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! ❤️ 

March empties! ❤️ 

IMG_1128.JPGoh hell nah: dont buy! i mean you can but imma give you the side eye and massive shadeoh hell nah: dont buy! i mean you can but imma give you the side eye and massive shadeMeh:: maybe i will maybe i wont  you aint my bossMeh:: maybe i will maybe i wont you aint my bosswell you get my vote: stamp of approval to go do you, clear concious repurchase as neededwell you get my vote: stamp of approval to go do you, clear concious repurchase as needed

Yes: Mask: love this mask! got a pack of it as a gift and its really hydrating no breakouts after either, they're real: would repurchase but want to try others for now.

dollywink: would also repurchase maybe i got a lime cause the brush part was cracked and leaked all over, but its very black 😞

mac powder: c4 already repurchased! great for when im not keen on foundation but want a little boost on top of sunscreen.

Mac prolong wear concealer: n35 would repurchase, formulas better than the foundation. Nyx: cannes formula is a cute nude! ran through it very fast though wish more lip products had this formula!

Revlon lip butter: pink truffle, its like my 3rd repurchase i love this lip product smooth and makes my lips look fuller always, but i wont repurchase just yet i need to work through my collection.

Tarte tartiest: lip paint in birthday suit, formulas similar to nyx! wont repurchase though it was pretty and easy to use up.

not pictured:

Rimmel London lasting finish by kate lipstick 104:matte drier dupe of revlon lipbutter would repurchase

Rimmel London Lasting finish lipstick - airy fairy, a ess pink lipstick version of bareminerals infamous matte gloss, would repurchase as a pretty nude but im leaning towards more brownie-mauve ish nudes for now

Maybe: Maybes O~O: ren concentrate: stung when i would first put it on and did work a bit for my acne scars but am currently working through all the things ive amassed.

Mac foundation(studiofixfluid)- nc35 this foundation is great, when i had extreme acne, after accutane it doesnt suit my slightly drier skin. also hard to get to all the product but atleast i can get macs buyback with bringing back the packaging. 

Glam glow supermud: its great but for the price i feel like it does the same thing as my indian aztek clay though the smell and tingling is nice. Also similar to my origins mask, but more tingly. 

elf acne foundation: shade buff, man i would not repurchase, i have a back up of this and regret soooo bad rn. it was cute when i had combo/oily skin but beware for dry skin! also crack it open for way more product, it was superrrr hard with my scissors(hard plastic) so gluck.

Benefit: they're real! sample: i dont know if its the length of the wand or what but the mini makes me constantly get mascara on my lids and under eyes compared to the bigger version though its great for on the go.

too faced powder: honey beige, cute packagin and thats why ive had it literally forever even though i had hit pan ages ago. 

clean: drying on the skin but works i guess, i think... i actually have no idea but dont repurchase it unless your younger and have oily skin. 

Nyx wonder stick: universal, This was pretty great for contouring quickly! however i am throwing it out with barelllyyy touching the highlight side of the stick i just felt it showed off way too much texture for me 😞 i do find that i go through stick products way faster due to the convenience of it all, but i would be hesitant to repurchase cause its seems a waste not to use the other side of product. sigh* 

Black old eyeliner: you cant see the name but its called REAL LASTING EYELINER 24hr- 1 day tattoo, i bought this in a hospital on a whim, and it was actually not too bad, it was black and the pen part was small and precise.  

WONT REPURCHASE: Nars sheer matte- shade stromboli, medium 3 maybe its cause im out of college and its no longer winter but nah fam, no repurchase for you.

VITA BOND: worst nail glue ever!! dont buy it everyone i bought it cause i was in a rush and now i know why it was the only one left in the store smh.

armani perfume: you smelled so good but no lasting power sigh* still on the hunt for one that lasts on me! 😞 

Hi @Robin094,

So many great empties! Thanks for sharing!

Best,
Rebecca

Guys have any good ideas for what i can put inside a glass dropper container? 

i used up my ren concentrate, its got a dropper attachment and the package is so sturdy and nice that i feel wasteful chucking it 

*fingers crossed* 

Here are my March empties... so just an interesting observation. In 2018 I curbed my shopping habit and I've noticed now my empties are getting smaller and smaller since I've used up most of my excess stock. 

Items I liked:

IMG_7419.jpegLove the at home Olaplex treatment for my bleached hair, it's one of my favorite proteins treatments. I've been using my MUAC peels and prep is really nice to use before a peel.  Alpha Hydroquinone is my favorite for getting rid of brown spots.

Items that were so-so:

IMG_7420.jpegIt took forever to use up the Glossier cleanser; it's not a bad cleanser. I wouldn't mind repurchasing it again if I make a Glossier order again. It reminds me a lot of the Cerave Hydrate Cleanser but it does not leave a residue.

Items not for me:IMG_7418.jpeg

Glossier sunscreen texture is amazing but the citrus in it is a big no for my skin. The price is also kind of absurd... if you use the recommend amount of sunscreen this only lasts under two weeks. Kiehl's eyecream was kind of a let down. I love the green Korean scrub towels but the red ones are not as good...

Everything:

IMG_7416.jpeg

What do people do with all their empties?! It hurts my soul to throw them out 😣

They are sent to the trash or recycling. No reason to hoard trash.

@Carrielfr I clean and reuse certain containers (all glass jars & bottles), recycle others (plastics) and toss the rest. 

Guys have any good ideas for what i can put inside a glass dropper container? 😮 

i used up my ren concentrate, its got a dropper attachment and the package is so sturdy and nice that i feel wasteful chucking it 😞 

*fingers crossed* 

@Carrielfr I recycle them at the beauty counter. MAC, Kiehl’s, Lush have their own recycling program, which offer you a free product. L’Occitane will offer you a discount on any brand and Origins will recycle any brand for you. 

8,140 Replies
testing