Empties

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

LOL @ Eh: Everything else :-)

Was the VIB rouge bag an in-store custom sample?  I've never seen anything like that before.

I've not tried any mediheal masks...yet but got a box of 10 through a recent hotels deal that I'm excited to try out!

(0) Hearts

@kelloua They normally make custom samples for rouges during rouge events and put them in those bags.   I've also received them from the cashiers outside if events, if I ask about a product during checkout and they know I'm rouge already.  

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I have not tried that cleansing oil, but I sometimes like when a cleansing product heats up. Was it an uncomfortable heat? I ask because I got a sample of this recently and may try it elsewhere before my face to see how it goes. The sample is really small though, so I do not want to waste any if it is not uncomfortable. 

(0) Hearts

The heat is ok, but I guess the bigger problem is that it's too thick.  It's hard to move before adding water, but the cleansing power decreased after you add water. It didn't work for me, maybe it's just me....

Sadly not all my empties that fell were recoverable. Some foils fell behind my nightstand and I'd have to move the whole thing forward to pull them out - a task for another day.

May empties! Items worth mentioning - La Mer Treatment Lotion, Verb shampoo + conditioner, Kadus shampoo, and the Sisley mask and Omorovicza cleansing balm - both of which I bought full sizes of after trying.

IMG_1613-3.JPGIMG_1614-3.JPG

Ouhhh, do you use the alpha beta peels without irritation?   I've been wary of trying them after the Kate Somerville peel sample I tried burned my face.  They're building up in my sample stockpile.

@heartsmyface They're actually pretty gentle. I don't think you're supposed to, but I was using the regular strength ones almost every day at one point.

I just make sure whatever I put on after is either super basic or has soothing properties in it.

Oh no.  :-(  I feel the pain.  Love all those Dr. Dennis Gross empties.  I'm sad I'm out.  I like other exfoliating products but not as much as I love those.

If you have a mini facial "peel & perfect" at Sephora they will use this peel on you if your request it. For FREE!!!!!

(0) Hearts

@Insomniacmuffin you are just my BT fairy godmother lately with all this useful information <3

Even with the lost ones, you had a lot. I am always impressed with multiple fragrance empties, because I've never finished one in my life. 

@notcreative I slightly cheat in that I use them as a room spray lol

Clever

Awesome job using up your samples!  I keep meaning to try the Verb stuff.  

Like 10 years ago, I sat down in a chair with an Omorovicza rep at Nordstrom.  She was so pushy and awful and I didn't end up buying anything but it's left a bad taste with me ever since then!  Too bad because people do seem to like their stuff, but really, I don't need another brand to love!  

(0) Hearts

@sister13 pushy reps are the worst! I got hooked after a foil appeared in my Sephora order.

I especially liked Verb because it was able to bring out my natural curl which always gets weighed down given my super fine hair. 

My empties bag tipped over in the middle of the night because it was too full, I guess that's a good thing lol

Oh no.  That's a BeautyTalk problem if I've ever heard one. ;-)

I've decided this will be the month I finally post my empties.  Got a stash since December of last year going.  But first I had to share something I knew only you ladies could relate to.  I had some empties hanging out in my shower and of course forgot to pull them before the cleaning lady came and now they are gone!  Of course I'm sure she thought she was doing my lazy butt a favor but all I could think was pictures or it didn't happen!

[ Edited ]

Yes!!!!  I had a little bag in the bathroom with a used up purity bubble bath and a used up soap package which disappeared after the cleaning ladies came in.  One of them probably thought it was a garbage bag, which technically I guess it was.  It got to me though, but there's no way I can explain that I save my garbage for photos without coming across as some crazy woman. 😂

I have always cleaned my own house, but the hubs decided to spare me while I'm a big waddle monster. ❤️❤️❤️

Totally!  I'm glad other people can relate.  I felt a little bougie talking about my cleaning lady but it's my treat to myself.  Best $90 I spend every month to save me those few hours.  Not to mention I'm sure it keeps the peace in our relationship because the chores we do do are stressful enough.  And these ladies do a way better job then I do.

(0) Hearts

It's a sanity saver for sure though it was a little awkward the first couple times allowing other people to clean the washrooms.  It felt a little too personal. I'm over it now that I absolutely don't have the energy to do a thourough job.

I don't think it's much more bougie than spending $90 on a shadow palette or a bottle of wine.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments