I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Here are my empties, funny how the skin care all ran out at the same time except for the cleansing oil
The only items I am truly considering purchasing again is the NUDE skincare. My skin is so happy with that line.
I really like it, my skin has been better at being less oily and I don't know if it's the toner but it's also very healthy looking, i'm sure the other stuff i use on my skin help out too but i really like this stuff, i'm using the belif toner next since i had it already i'm kind of an impulse buyer
but yes, it did a good job at cleaning my face of any residue my cleanser may have forgotten although it's rare but it happens sometimes! all said and done i think i prefer it to some others i've had because i felt it really helped my skin but we'll see how my skin does with this new toner.
I really enjoyed it, it lasted me a really long time, too long that i was like "really? still?" which is a very good thing for the price, my skin does feel beautiful and looks beautiful but ever since i discovered the nude omega jelly.. i couldn't wait to finish this fast enough so i can get started on the nude one :\ not saying it's bad but i feel like i get better results from the nude line.
First post in the empties thread! You girls have inspired me.
Loves: (Items I've already or definitely will repurchase!)
Murad clarifying wipes - I keep these on hand at all times. I am terrified of running out.
Jargons Wet Skin Moisturizer - I hate the sticky feeling of moisturizer after a shower. This is great. I got more in the target box, so I'm excited to try it again.
Fresh Rose Face Mask - made my skin super soft. Love!
Rita Hazan Weekly Remedy - Super soft hair! Usually I have to henna my hair to make it as soft and silky as this treatment made it.
Urban decay primers - I was actually able to wear my favorite space cowboy eyeshadow with these underneath.
Tarte Maracuja Concealer - already bought the full size!
YSL Touch Eclat - LOVE! If only it weren't so expensive!
Beauty Protector Protect and Detangle - I haven't used detangler since I was in elementary school, but this made my hair super soft and it smells really good.
Likes: (Items I liked, but probably won't purchase, or everyday items I use but don't love)
Agave Oil Treatment - meh. Not impressed.
Boscia Pore Purifying Black Strips - I bought a pack of these, but they don't seem to do much for me.
Garnier Fructose Marvelous Oil - about the same as the agave oil.
Ayres body polish - great, but too expensive to justify a repurchase.
Harvey Prince Hello body cream - it took me forever to finally use this up! I loved the smell at first, but I am so sick of it by now!
Degree motion sense
BB Hairdresser's invisible oil shampoo and conditioner - not as effective as I was hoping! I loved the invisible oil and invisible oil primer, but these weren't great.
St. Ives Apricot Scrub - too rough for my skin.
The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream
Jane Iredale foundation sample
Body Lotion (brand I'm forgetting - from Birchbox) - smelled great
Temple Spa Peace be Still - too watery for my liking
Coolway Hair Treatment - I didn't find it to be effective
Paula's Choice KP Clinical Treatment Cloths - Great, but I don't have a huge problem, so they didn't help much!
Number 4 Shampoo
Naobay Body Lotion
Head to Toe Body Lotion - so creamy!
Dislikes: (Items I won't be purchasing, or items I couldn't bring myself to finish!)
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream - not effective for me
Murad Acne Clearing Solution - Love the wipes - but this didn't work for me
Attitude Shampoo and Shampoo and Body Wash. I have an innate distrust of body wash / shampoo combinations! But I found these to be drying.
Wrong color for me: Dr. Jart+ BB cream, Hourglass Immaculate liquid powder, and Lancôme Dual Finish powder
Full sized items I dislike to the point that I'm not going to finish them:
Cynthia Rowley eyeliner - I have the pencil version in silver, and I love it, but the gel version is so streaky and rough that it hurts my eyelids to apply it!
NYC Love in Rio Palette - not pigmented, and fall out like crazy!
Vintage highlighter - way too pink to use as a highlighter, not strong enough to show up as an eyeshadow!
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
This my first post in the Empties thread and I feel like it’s going to be way more motivating to post and keep track here My goal is to finish 50 products by the end of the year, including sheet masks (but not other foils & samples). So far so good, I already got 10 products going toward my goal !
- John Frieda Full Repair Strengthen + Restore Shampoo : Holy grail shampoo. It worked wonderful on my split ends. The scent is also very pleasant and the formula didn’t weight down my hair. * Already repurchased and will use it later whenever I need a serious hair boost again
- Avon Sweet Honesty Roll-on Anti-Perspirant Deodorant : Avon roll-on deodorants never let me down and are a constant repurchase. It never leave my armpits wet and there’s no white stain on the clothes after the application either. Great price and often on sale/promotion as well. * I would also repurchase that smell, it was quite light and very pleasant. I have a few backups of other scents to finish first.
- Shiseido Pureness Pore Purifying Warming Scrub (Blue tube that has been cut) : It did a really great job at removing dead skins and helping out with dry patches as well. Didn’t feel rough on the skin. There was a lot of product left in the tube however so I’m glad I did cut it.* Sadly it is discontinued now so I won’t be able to repurchase , but I will try to find a new product to replace it
- The Face Shop Real Nature Mask Lemon : I highly recommend this sheet mask to anyone who has dull skin and want an instant brighter complexion. 4 days after using it, my skin is still bright enough to only wear a tiny bit of concealer under my eyes. It also left my skin very moisturized. Another bonus point is the fact that those sheet masks are cheap, especially when The Face Shop does a promotion * I will rebuy it once I finish my backups and Etude House Lemon mask.
- The Face Shop Sebum Control Soothing Mask Sheet : Very great mask that helped me to avoid a major breakout on my forehead because of an abnormal sebum excess lately. I have a combination skin and it didn’t dry out my T-zone either. It is a bit pricier than the Real Nature line sheet masks, but it is worth using it once in a while to avoid skin disasters. * Will rebuy it when I visit The Face Shop again.
- Bath & Body Works Winter Candy Apple Gentle Foaming Hand Soap : This is my favorite Christmas scent from Bath & Body Works. However, I feel like the scent of this foamy soap wasn’t as long lasting as the other years. Maybe I got a dud. Did a * Will repurchase in the future again.
- Bath & Body Works Warm Vanilla Sugar Shea & Vitamin E Shower Gel : Those shower gels aren’t the most hydrating ones on the market but it didn’t dry out my skin either. I liked that smell a lot and it did last quite long on my skin. * Would repurchase to use during autumn and colder months.
- Göt2b Rockin'It Encore Fresh Dry Shampoo : This dry shampoo did a great job and I liked the fact that the scent wasn’t too overpowering. However, I still have some other dry shampoos to try and use up, and my holy care one is the Dove Refresh+Care Dry Shampoo. * I would consider rebuying this one if it was on sale.
- Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer in Chantilly : After reading the many great reviews this concealer received, I decided to give it a try. I found it to be very drying on my skin. However, it didn’t crease and the color match was perfect for my skin. The coverage was great, but not the best I tried either. Wasn’t a big fan of the applicator and packaging. * I would be willing to repurchase with a good coupon/during a VIB sale and use it again in the summer to see if the results are the same.
Progress on my 50 Empties Project :
Great empties for your first post. I love this thread because I have definitely become MUCH, MUCH better about using things up and not having multiple versions of the same type of product open at a time.
Thanks kelloua I agree, it's great also to know that your products probably won't expire if you do not trial many at once Hopefully I finish even more products in the next months to come, I will be on a semester abroad with a very .. minimal stash
You know I feel the same way with the NARS Concealer. I really wanted to like it since it's one of my favorite brands. It dried out my under eye skin and creased. It was alright on acne but accentuated any dry spots. Not what I expect with something 'creamy' in the name. I got two different colors because I was so excited. I have to force myself to use it.