I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Does it cause a serious tingle/minor burning sensation on anyone else? I tried a sample and wiped it off prematurely because the stinging made me worried that my skin was reacting to it. Now I'm wondering if it's worth giving it another try...
It burns (nothing I cannot handle) on me for the first two minutes, so I am jealous TKLJ only tingles for a minute. I think the burning is because it is a sensitive area and they are powerful ingredients. While it can be hard at times to tell the difference between a reaction and a product tingling/burning as it works, I think this is the latter. My eyes always look brighter and less puffy when I am done. Beauty is pain, and these are painful.
It tingles on me for about a minute. Since it's only on for three minutes, I power through and I do see reduction in dark circles and puffiness. FWIW, I wear contacts. However, maybe your eyes are more sensitive. I'd maybe try one more time, but if it still hurts, your eyes aren't worth messing around with.
Hmm I may try it once more. Worth a shot since so many people seem to love it and I haven't seen a similar product. I do want to try the PTR cucumber eye treatment that just came out though!
I wonder if I will ever call it BrightMud. Maybe, in formal writing. If the store has a sample and is willing to give it to her, yes, get another sample from them.
I had big plans in 2014 to keep track of my empties each month. Then the end of January came, February began, and I never quite got around to photographing them. Instead, I just kept collecting in the same big bag, so here's my 2014 collection of empties. I've finally just thrown out and recycled everything, but let me know if you have questions and I may be able to remember details on the product.
The whole disaster:
Haha, and it all fit in an average-sized paper shopping bag. I'm with you on the trash thing. I had a friend who had a Tumblr dedicated to a photo a day of everything she threw out that day. It was addicting.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Hot tamales! That must've been quite the bag!!!
What a great collection of empties to look at though! I love looking at empties like I love looking at biore strips! Thank you for the eye candy! I can't stop looking!
I'm noticing you don't cut your packaging open to get the stuff that doesn't sqeeze out the little hole in the tubes. You can get A LOT of extra product out of "empty" tubes this way. It's surprising how much stays in there! I've gotten anywhere from two days to two weeks worth of extra product depending on what it is.
Keep your plastic sample containers and scrape the contents into them with a mini spatula. For the price per ounce of product it's a waste not to
unless,of course, you don't like the product.
I cut into my Origins charcoal mask (another love that I repurchased at the holiday sale), but I think some of the other samples I was just ready to be done with. Dang, Clinique can shove a lot of product in a little squeeze tube. Good value for your money, I guess.
As for the jar tip, I think I'll have to take you up on it. I hated the Philosophy stuff, so it was a good excuse to bin it, but I now have an eye cream in a jar that I like but hate the packaging. I think I'm going to repurpose some plastic spoons from takeout. I can use one a day and wash them when my collection dwindles, and it will prevent cross-contamination.
- GlamGlow Brightmud eye treatment
- Sephora Collection paper masks
- Sephora Collection lip balm
- YSL Touche Eclat
- YuBe lotion
- Anastasia waterproof mascara topcoat
- Burt's Bees sensitive makeup remover wipes
- Sephora Collection waterproof makeup remover
- Wet 'n' Wild waterproof mascara (although now I only get mascara samples)
- YSL, Bobbi Brown, and Marc Jacobs mascara samples that I always get more samples of when I can.
- Philosophy Take a Deep Breath and Hope in a Jar Night creams. The jar packaging is awful.
- Gorgeous Cosmetics lipstick. Both tubes went moldy after fewer than 6 months of use, a first time I've ever had lipstick go bad before it's at least a few years old.
- Josie Maran Argan Black Oil mascara. Tammy Faye—level clumps and the formula was hard to remove even with waterproof cleanser.
- L'occitane Immortelle Precious Cream. It made my skin burn and I had to wipe it off after a few seconds.
- Milani baked eyeshadow. Bloggers kept raving about Milani, which I'd always dismissed as a cheap drugstore brand. I should have stayed strong, instead I ended up with a glitter bomb eyeshadow that had no color payoff.
Aren't the Burt's Bees wipes the best? I like the white package and the green too (cucumber and sage-soothing). Much better than more expensive alternatives I've tried!
Impressive collection of empties. I love looking at it but my husband would kill me if I left all that trash inside