I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
These are my Fall/Winter Empties.... I WILL be better about doing this monthly in 2017!
- MUFE HD Foundation -- Yep, can be nice and sheer, or built up. Will get a full bottle when I use up some of my current rotation.
- Dove Clinical Deoderant -- A constant repurchase for me.
- Bumble & Bumble Hairdressers Oil Conditioner -- LOVE this. I have another on the way. This and the Alterna are my favourites thus far.
- Opti-Free -- I wear monthlys and always re busy this.
- Mac Prep & Prime -- This was the brightening Pink one. I'll buy another, especially if they end up with another sale!
- V&R Flowerbomb -- quite nice. If I ever get through all of the samples I have...
- Biore Pore Strips -- They just make me feel like I'm getting gunk out.
- Lala Retro Wipped by DE-- Really like this for the winter. I have 5 or 6 of the samples to use up then will order the full sized when I know that the Canadian Site has the new packaging. Sunk in nicely, and sure helped the dry skin over winter. I use this as a night cream so I'm not sure how it works under makeup.
- Nars Eye Primer -- Love this. I know everyone raves about UD and TF. This is the one for me though, it may be due to my oilier eyelids. I popped the stopper out when I thought I was all out and got another full month of use from this. I know, I know... I shouldn't use it for so long, but this one tube lasted me for almost a full year.
- Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip Cleanser - I liked this, my skin didn't feel stripped, but still felt clean.
- DE TLC Serum -- Already ordered another. I'm not really sure why, but I ended up using this over the Sunday Riley serums/oils I bought at the same time.
- MUFE Primer -- Smoothing -- Did as advertised and smoothed.
-Sephora 10 hour foundation
- B&B Hairdressers Oil Mask
- Lush Coconut Bar Shampoo
- Yes to Tomatoes Face Mask
- Shea Moisture Radiance Mask
- Aveeno Oatmeal Bath Soak
- Kat Von D Make Up Remover
- Living Proof Dry Shampoo
- Patchology Illuminate Mask
- Shu Uemura Moisturizer
- Laura Mericer Face Polish
- Klorane Dry Shampoo
- Caudale Micellier Water
- Random Nail Glue
- Lather Face Wash
- Smashbox Studio Skin --- Yeah for using up a full size foundation!!
- Sephora Noe stips
No dislikes in this group!
I started 20155 off great with posting empties... but lost my mojo over the summer. I still collected though. This post if for my summer empties!
- Naked Skin Colour Correctors -- I quite liked these, I've purchased both the peach and pink and will likely pick up the green for around my nose. They're light, but have just enough coverage to help my undereye area.
- Laura Mercier Foundation -- At first I thought this was going to be too watery, but it had a nice easy medium coverage. I really quite liked it over the summer and would certainly purchase a full size... assuming something else doesn't grab my attention before next summer.
- Bourjois Powder -- a pleasant surprise. A friend of mine lent this to me one day when we were getting ready to go out, I wasn't sure what to think when I could see a bit of shimmer, but really liked it for setting. I have another six on the go, so won't purchase again right away, but my local shoppers carry's this, so I'll pick one up at the next spend your points event.
- UD Naked Skin Concealer -- I've gone through four or five of these. Love. Tip for anyone else using these.. I took out the stopper when I thought I was all out, and got another week and half of use out of this!
- UD All Nighter setting spray-- A repurchase for me again and again. I'd like to start looking at others, but only out of curiosity, and maybe more of a refreshing spray, not necessarily setting. I think..
- Philosophy Ruby 3 in 1-- This is a love for the product, not necessarily the scent. Though I liked the scent, I'll buy different ones just to mix it up.
- Batiste Dry Shampoo -- This one I always go back to. It's not a holy grail, but it's top five and by far the cheapest of those 5! It does leave a bit of a white/grey cast, but if I'm careful I can manage it. Something to note, the brown coloured one I'm not a fan of, it always makes me feel dirty when I run my hands through my hair and there's brown on my fingers.
- Bioderma Cleansing Water -- This was my first micellier water. It took off all my make up, but I still felt that I needed to wash my face after. It may be a mental thing for me though. I have already re-purchased in the sensitive formula just to give it a try.
- YSL Touch Eclat -- I got this when the Sephora Favourites Chic Set went up at the wrong price on the Canadian Site. Its something I'd always wondered about, but never pulled the trigger on. I quite liked it when I was doing a "lighter layer" of make up over the summer. I would buy again if I got a deal for sure.
- Too Faced BTS Mascara -- This is my favourite. I love the travel sized ones so that I can change them out more often. No flakes, no smudges, nice volume without the spider effect. And it's frankly pretty great with water as well. I can cry in this stuff and have no running!
- Clinique Sky Violet Lip Liner -- Can't find this guy anymore. Was a favourite colour and formula. RIP
- Benefit Boing Concealer -- One of the heavier concealers I have. I actually use this in my car to touch up my under eye area after work if going out. I can use my finger to just dab a bit on to make me look a little more awake.
- MUFE Single artist shadow in M532 -- A pale matte pink, I used this every day as the first shadow I put on all over the lid. I love how these shadows blend together, the pigment is buildable. I have already purchased another.
- Bumble and Bumble Thickening S&C -- Love most of their S&C. Nothing much to say, just great.
- Biore Pore Strips -- I feel as though these never get everything out, but I get a real sense of satisfaction from seeing the blackheads on the strip after I pull it off.
- Kate Somersville Goat Milk Moisturiser -- Nice for Summer, will likely need something different for winter, but will look at getting some of this for next summer.
- Latisse -- I've used this on my lashes for just over a year now. Love it, will continue to use it for as long as I can foresee, my lashes are longer, and look thicker since they don't fall out as often. I would recommend to anyone thinking about it.
- MUFE HD Blush Sample -- Really liked this. It was more of a coral colour, that I wouldn't have picked myself, but was nice to try something different. I wouldn't buy the coral, but will buy one of these in a pale pink shade once I get to a physical store to see colours.
- Alterna Caviar S&C -- Yep, love em. Can't believe how much of a difference higher end S&C have made for my hair. I'm contemplating the full size, but know that the smaller sets come on sale for BF/Boxing Day so have gotten these for now.
- Costco Cotton Rounds
- Grandpas Oatmeal Soap -- was having some dry skin issues and this was given to me to try. I used it, but won't re buy.
- Marcelle Eye make up remover
- Organix S&C
- Herbal Essances Conditioner -- used this up as shaving cream, my hair needs more than it could offer.
- Texas Tea S&C
- Dr. Jart Pore Medic
- UD Perversion Mascara
- Smashbox Primer
- Bamboo Dry Shampoo -- Great smell!
- Alterna Caviar Oil Cream
- Bath & Body Works Sanitizer
- Korres Wild Roses Overnight Moisturiser
- Body Butter
- Laura Mercier Primer
- Alterna Caviar Oil
- Clinique Moisture Surge- Used this on my elbows, never liked it for my face.
- Korres Face Mask/Treatment
- Shea Moisture Mud Mask
- B&B Surf S&C -- The only B&B I've tried that I wouldn't buy so far.
- YuBe Moisturizer
- Sephora Sheet Masks
- Givenchy Primer
- Crest Luxury White Toothpaste
- OH cleansing Wipes
-- Marc Jacobs Foundation -- I really wanted to like this, but it wears off on anything that touches my face. I didn't even use both cards. The colour match was great, but I can't have my foundation coming off like that.
-- Josie Maran Foundation -- Same thing as Marc Jacobs, came off of my face so easily was way too dewy for my skin. I used one sample and tossed the other two cards.
-- MUFE setting spray -- I love the brand, but nope. Didn't do anything for staying power.
-- Cover FX primer -- tossed the tube after two uses. Didn't do anything bad, but didn't do anything good either, was basically just another step with no benefit.
And if you've read all this... thanks for listening!
Loved the Marc Jacobs foundation and Too Faced primer. The Too Faced foundation and Tarte powder are my staples.
Liked the Caudalie cleansing water, Sephora brush cleaner, KVD wipes, Dior foundation and Fresh toner.
Everything else was ok.
- Belief - The True cream aqua bomb
- Beauty blender - Liquid blender cleanser
- Elizabeth & James Nirvana - Black for her
- First Aid Beauty - Face cleanser
- OGX - Nourishing + coconut milk shampoo
- Ole Henrikesen Sheer transformation facial moisturizer
- Softsoap - Body scrub coconut butter exfoliating body wash
- Altier Cologne - Orange Sanguine
- Botanics - Mediterranean Eden Body Scrub
- First Aid Beauty - Ultra Repair cream
- Makeup For ever - Ultra HD Fluid Foundation in shade 117-Y225
- luxie Large angled brush (worked well until it broke)
- Loccitane - Hand cream Rose
- Marc Jacobs - Decadence
- Pinrose - Secret Genius
Not for me:
- Miu Miu - Eau De Parfum
- Pinrose - wild child
- Sephora - Express makeup remover wipe
- Tory Burch - Lolie Fleur Collection
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
I did pretty well with finishing stuff this month (er, for me anyway)! But it's pretty much luck of the draw anyway, and if I'm traveling there's always more sample-sized stuff in there.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
I don't feel like I used that much this month.
PTR 24K gold sheet- love these but will be backing off because of price until I can catch them on sale direct again
Sephora foot masks- work great after using clarisonic pedi attachment. results for 3-5 days, closer to 3 with winter dryness but still helps a good bit and feels nice while on.
DDG alpha beta peel original- I do this at work when I'm dull and can't do a full exfoliation/mask routine
Davines oi shampoo- HG. My 3rd or 4th bottle. gone too soon thanks to me dropping it in the shower and dumping a quarter of it.
Farmacy skin dew- love the product, hate the DS sprayer
Marc Jacobs volume mascara
LP restore hair mask- makes my hair SO soft even while wet. No winter frizz this year either and I think it's a combo of this and a couple other new things.
Whitestrips- A sure sign that I drank too much red wine and ate too much chocolate over the holidays.
Tatcha body butter- works great but really love the light and natural scent of this
Not your mothers dry shampoo- Has been HG for me for years. Works really well with my hair. The only dislike is a little residue that's hard to shampoo out and it takes 2 washes for my hair to really be "clean" again. But my hair is super dry and I don't use dry shampoo as often as many, so it's a non-issue for me.
SR blue moon cleansing balm- This works great for me and a big issue of me taking care of my face has always been a dislike for washing my face with water. it getting everywhere and down my arms etc. Hello balm! This one does leave a little residue sometimes but it's easily removed by a second step if needed without being a mess. Leaves my skin soft, smells nice.
Likes- will use again
Kenra texture taffy- I've used this for years. Smells great and works well for me for flyaways/top taming. As my hair's changed it doesn't work as well to run through my hair.
It confidence in a cream- would use again but nothing extraordinary. Used on my hands, was a great hand cream.
Tarte rainforest of the sea mist- feels refreshing, sprays well, but no real results.
Clinique pep start eye cream
Caudalie vinosource serum
Tata harper honey blossom mask- no harm, no real difference
Sephora pearl eye mask-
Benefit high beam- i've had this for years and like it but have other things I'm working through now.
Essence color correcting stick- Tossing, not empty. no staying power, didn't set. Blended out and away.
Bareminerals bareskin bronzer- watery, didn't apply well.
Nars laguna bronzer- didn't blend well on me
Korres rose sleeping facial- my skin was no brighter and dried out when I woke up
Bobbi brown smokey eye mascara
Erno laszlo 2 step cleanser- oil was okay but the soap bar.. Messy and stung my eyes horribly.
Loves-tube cut open is agave lip mask,had to get every last bit.
The Hard Candy primer is a similar product to the Clarins beauty flash balm,I don't like it as well so probably won't repurchase but it is a decent option if you are on a budget.
I've never posted empties before, but in 2017 I'm putting myself on a very low buy and wil be shopping my collection and using things up. I've lurked through this thread quite a bit and always told myself I need to do a better job of using things up. I'm really excited to start collecting up my empties and posting them.
@kelloua I definitely agree! I look forward to finishing things up so I can add them to my empties bin. It really helps me to use one product from start to finish instead of having multiple items for the same purpose in rotation at the same time.
@alexasteph I definitely have saved money through collecting empties. I focus on shopping my own collection ( I have A LOT of products) rather than purchasing more items I probably have that does the same thing!
Totally agree! Collecting empties has given me a whole new perspective on my collection - trying new products and finding favorites within stuff that I already own has been even more fun than just buying new stuff and never finishing anything! I think you'll really enjoy it, alexasteph - at the very least, it'll help make room for more fun purchases someday in the future!
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Woohoo! Last empties of 2016!
Erborian Yuza Double Lotion - finished a mini of this last month too, and finally bought a full size! What a good toner.
Philosophy Fresh Cream 3-in-1 - mmmm I love this scent. Smells like marshmallow.
Dionis Sea Treasures hand cream - really like these hand creams! Not my favorite scent out of all that I've tried, but still good and a very effective moisturizer.
Peter Thomas Roth Acne Invisible Dots - I wish I had found out about these sooner. I always want to have a sheet of these on hand! Every time I put these on after popping a zit at night, it's almost nonexistent the next morning.
MMM Replica Lipstick On - I really like this and could see it as my new go-to fragrance. I think I'll take the plunge during the next VIB sale!
Perricone MD Re:Firm Surface Recovery Treatment - I didn't realize how expensive this was when I was using the sample. I wish I had gotten a few more uses out of it! I could see this being a HG product for me - I'll probably wait til I get some kind of a deal on it at Sephora or Ulta and take the plunge. I woke up with such smooth skin after using it!
Becca Backlight Priming Filter - awesome primer, gives that nice lit from within glow and kept my skin from looking so dry under my foundation. Will purchase this.
Kat Von D Tattoo Liner - always my go-to liner. Will always keep repurchasing!
And one empty that was gone too soon...
My poor CoverFX drops DS from the holiday bags last month suffered an unfortunate death after being dropped on the bathroom floor. I only got a handful of uses (maybe a quarter of the bottle?), but definitely a love and something I'm planning on purchasing soon.
Clarins Exfoliating Body Scrub
Whish Lavender Body Butter
Ahava Hand Cream
Hempz Original Body Moisturizer
Nuxe Reve de Miel cleanser
Clinique City Block Purifying Charcoal cleanser
Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mist
Butter London Double Decker Lashes mascara
Tarte Lights Camera Lashes mascara
Sephora Orchid Face Mask
Sephora Algae Face Mask
Make Skin Illuminator
Sephora Tinted Brow Freeze
StriVectin High-Potency Wrinkly Filler
Yu-Be Foaming Skin Polish
Peter Thomas Roth Rose Stem Cell cleanser
Too Faced Born This Way concealer
Soap & Glory Righteous Butter body butter
Ulta Fig & Honey body lotion
Dr. Brandt Needles No More Filler Mask
Keranique Scalp Stimulating Shampoo
Keranique Volumizing Keratin Conditioner
Ole Henriksen Nurture Me face wipes
Tony Moly I'm Real Makgeolli sheet mask
Patchology Eye Revive eye patches
Davines Replumping shampoo and conditioner
Rita Hazan Weekly Remedy Treatment hair mask
Kerastase Cristalliste shampoo
No 4 Lumiere d'Hiver Reconstructing hair mask
It's a 10 Miracle Daily Conditioner
Juice Organics Repairing conditioner
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Protector
Bumble and Bumble Surf Infusion
Peter Thomas Roth Mega-Rich shampoo and conditioner
Pureology Color Fanatic Instant Conditioning Whipped Cream
Oribe Dry Texturizing Spray
Jack Black Turbo Wash - the scent was too strong/masculine for my taste. It reminded me of something an outdoorsman or lumberjack would use, lol
I'm very satisfied with my progress getting through lots of different products this year! I started collecting empties in August, and I had almost 200 empties from August until December. My goal is at least 50 empties each month for 2017, which would be 600+ empties for the year! We'll see what happens
Oh no! That's so sad about your Coverfx deluxe sample. I guess I've gotten lucky in that I've dropped my FS custom cover drops on the tile floor a few times and the top has gotten dented, but otherwise remained fine.
That is lucky! I'm guessing the FS packaging is a little less fragile than the DS then. I was a little sad about it since I haven't had too many dropped makeup mishaps before. I would've been a lot more upset if it had been a FS bottle - at least this was a free sample!
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
December empties! A few things I was really trying to finish before the end of the year, and am happy I did.
No hates this month either, which is always a bonus!
- not much to say, just a really nice cotton
- pops up in almost every month's empties; safe to say it's an HG product
Garnier Micellar Water
- pleasantly surprised by this. I use it at night to remove eye makeup and in the morning to take off overnight skincare remnants before exercising.
Clinique TTDO Balm
- one of my favorite balm cleansers. Going to be trying the new Farmacy 'Green Clean' next, but if it doesn't work out, back to Clinique I'll be going.
Kate Somerville Exfolikate Foaming Mask
- bought this in May and wasn't sure how I felt about it so I put it away and didn't use it for a few months. Rediscovered it in November and love it now! Gentle, but effective.
Charlotte Tilbury Legendary Lashes
- one of my HG mascaras, been using it since it came out in June. LOVE!!
NARS Pro Prime Eyeshadow Primer (not pictured)
- forgot I finished this until I found the empty tube. Whoops! It's a good primer.
Tata Harper Purifying Cleanser (not pictured)
- dropped this in the shower and broke the bottle. Thank goodness it was only a DS, but that's why there's no photo.
- Ehhh, it was ok. I don't think I'd repurchase it.
Blithe Crystal Iceplant Pressed Serum
- Good for the first part of winter, when it's not super cold. I like that it's lightweight.
PMD red disc
- Red might be a tiny bit too coarse for me, I'm not sure. I felt like I needed to be extra careful using it.
NIOD Multimolecular Hyaluronic Complex
- It hydrated. Nothing miraculous and probably won't repurchase.
Marcelle Loose Powder
- Loose powder is one of the only products I use every single day. Glad to finally get rid of this one, it had a bit too much shimmer.
Body Shop Blueberry Body Butter
- Blueberry hydrated but the smell occasionally bothered me.
Radical Skincare Pads
- I use these on and off all year. In the summer they are too much for me but in the winter they are fine. The brand is no longer available in Canada (I think) so I will finish the last tub I have in my stash and move on to something else.