I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
I thought I had posted my empties from the last couple months but maybe I did it on the other empties thread... I often will forget to post and end up with multiple months worth of stuff which is kinda fun. It does seem far more impressive.
Some months you just happen to finish a lot more items than others.
I find though that if there are fewer items, it's not as intimidating a task to review everything.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
This is my first empties post so I'm pretty excited about this These are my empties from September and October that I've finally come around to posting.
LOVES (Would repurchase or have repurchased)
- Bath & Body Works Honey Dew Cooler Gentle Foaming Hand Soap- The inner child in me loves foaming soap and this one smells amazing!
- Marc Anthony Oil of Morocco/Argan Oil Shampoo- It leaves my hair so soft and smells good. I can go up to 3 days without washing my hair when using this shampoo so it's a busy girl's dream.
- Bliss Soapy Suds Body Wash and Bubbling Bath in Lemon+Sage- Great smell and moisturizing.
- Bliss Body Butter Maximum Moisture Cream in Lemon+Sage- It works great! It is one of the only scented moisturizer that does not irritate my dry skin. I already bought a big tube of it.
- Aveeno Positively Radiant Daily Moisturizer- My holy grail day moisturizer. I already have 2 back ups of the regular sized ones.
- Too Faced LashGasm Mascara- Love this too, this is one of my holy grail mascaras. It's lengthening and lash defining.
- Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes- Really great for sensitive skin. These take off my makeup very well and are gentle even on the eyes. They are my favorite and I constantly have a backup of these.
- Guess By Marciano Perfume- This smells so good! It's not too sweet and has some musky notes to it. I bought another one.
- First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask- I got rid of my dry patches after one use! Need I say more? I ordered the full size of this as soon as I finished this sample.
- Fresh Sugar Face Polish- I loved this! I provides just the right amount of exfoliation for sensitive skin. I am planning on buying this after I finish my other exfoliators.
- Bath & Body Works Anti-Bacterial Hand Gel in Sparkling Limoncello- It smells great and does not irritate my sensitive skin.
- Nivea Gentle Eye Make-Up Remover- This removes my eye makeup easily (even my difficult to remove They're Real! Mascara). I always have this handy.
- Crest 3D White Toothpaste- I will never use any other toothpaste, this one has been my favorite since they're came out with it. It's great at keeping teeth white.
- Lush Bath Bomb in Avobath and in Lord of Misrule- These are great! They left my skin moisturized after nice relaxing bath.
LIKES (Would consider repurchasing)
- Tony Moly Soothing Tea Tree Face Mask Sheet- It was good but I like other masks better.
- John Frieda Collection Root Awakening Shampoo- Was nice and tingly on my scalp. I would like to try it for a longer period of time to see if it is better than my Marc Anthony Moroccan Oil/Argan Oil Shampoo
- Dove Go Fresh Therapy Shampoo- I like this shampoo but there are better ones. This smells really fresh.
NOT MY FAVORITE (Either overpriced in my opinion or I have something that works better for me)
- Botanics Intensive Moisture Mask- I loved this for a long time but this one has gone bad. I like the First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Instant Oatmeal Mask better.
- L'Occitane Shea Butter Hand Cream- Good but I have an Avene cold cream that I swear by and like better.
- Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream- Good but I like my Aveeno face moisturizer much better.
- Keri Fast Absorbing Moisture Therapy Lotion (x2)- Good but I like my Aveeno body lotion much better.
- Fresh Bleack Tea Instant Perfecting Mask- Good but not worth the hefty price in my opinion.
- GlamGlow White Supermud Clearing Treatment- It was good but again not worth the hefty price tag in my opinion. (I know, everyone probably thinks I'm crazy for not liking this ).
- Philosophy Full of Promise Dual-Action Restoring Cream for Volume and Lift- Again, this one is alright but I like my Aveeno face moisturizer better.
NOPE (I simply disliked these products)
- Nivea Aqua Effect Gentle Cleasing Wipes- These claim to be gentle but they left a burning feeling on my face. I could only use them to take swatches off my arms and hands.
- Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Hair Mask- This did not do anything whatsoever for my hair,
- Philosophy Purity 3-in-1 Cleanser for Face and Eyes- And yet again another product that everyone seems to love that just didn't really work for me. A lot of people say they use this all over their face and to remove their makeup but it just burned around my eyes. It was just too strong for me.
- Philosophy Amazing Grace Shampoo, Bath & Shower Gel- I typically like the Philosophy Shampoo, Bath & Shower Gel but I really didn't like the scent of Amazing Grace. (Snow Angel is so much better!)
- Desigual Love perfume- It smelled too old for me.
Ohhhhh, of all the face masks I bought in Korea I avoided the tea tree one cause it looked like a broccoli. Boo. My loss! Good to hear they're loved though.
What at a great collection of empties!
Welcome to the group of trash-seeking BT'ers! It's more satisfying than peeking through people's medicine cabinet (not that I would do that), and it's super informative too.
Just like kelloua, I've got the Briogeo hair mask sample that I've been meaning to try. Thanks to you, I'll try out my oribe hair mask sample first
Welcome! This is a great first lot of empties. And I totally understand you're excitement. I look forward to seeing how much I've gone through at the end of each month and collecting my thoughts. Bummed to hear you didn't like the Briogeo Don't Despair, Repair Deep Conditioning Hair Mask. I have that sample as well and was hoping it would help with my hair dryness, especially in the winter.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Thanks for the warm welcome kelloua and dejena! I had high hopes for the Briogeo hair mask but I was very dissapointed. I got the Argania Spinosa Organic Argan Oil mask at Winners (you can get it at drugstores according to their website) and it was fantastic! I would highly recommend that instead
Okay, so this is going to be a bit of a novel. I put extra effort into trying some new things in October in preparation for the 20% off sales in November at Ulta and Sephora.
Regular “Go To” products
- Tree Hut sugar scrub- this is abrasive enough to do a good job, but not too abrasive to be harsh on my skin
- OH power peel- This is the only exfoliation I use on my face and I use the power peel once a week.
- Act total care mouth wash- I need the extra fluoride
- Alterna caviar repair shampoo/conditioner- I have naturally dry hair and this make it feel very healthy
- Shiseido sunscreen for face – this is the only sunscreen that will stay on during my long workouts
- OH ultimate eye gel- this has been a go to for me for a long time, but I am noticing my skin around my eyes changing and I need to switch to something more moisturizing
- Sephora Triple action cleansing water- I use this to get the last bits of eye makeup off that my makeup wipes and face wash couldn’t remove
- Dior It last/ Dior maximizer plumping serum- this combo was my go to for a long time, but the newly reformulated Dior show mascara can do what it took both of these to do, so I have switched.
- Beauty Blender- I have had this one for a while and I figured it needed to be replaced
- Belif aqua bomb- For the last several months I have been using up deluxe sample and this month foil samples on my rough elbows, feet and knees those area need something more than just my regular lotion. The aqua bomb makes a difference.
- ABH brow gel- I like this product, but I recently stopped using this because I realized I don’t have a problem with my brows moving around. I am not sure why I decided I needed this in the first place.
- Urban Decay perversion mascara- I had this as a topper mascara when I want lots and lots of volume like night time going out volume
New to me and Loved
- Mario Badescu rose water facial spray- I have tried rosewater facial sprays before and didn’t see any change. But this stuff really seemed to calm my face. I will repurchase.
- Tatcha luminous skin mist- I really like this product on days when I just want my skin to look healthy I mist my face with it and then apply BB cream and I am so glowy I don’t even need highlighter. I will repurchase.
- Sunday Riley good genes- (sephora made sample) I noticed a difference in my face in just a few days of use. My face no longer looked dull. I repurchased this during the rouge 20% off.
- Bobbi Brown Beach- (sephora made sample) if you love the smell of suncreen at the beach this scent is for you. My only complaint is that it doesn’t last long. I will purchase this someday I need to get through some of my current stash first.
- Algenist genius eye cream- this is what my undereye area was needing. I ended up purchasing from Ulta with my 20% and used up my points.
- Josie Maran whipped argan oil (lavendar)- I used this on my arms and legs love the strong lavendar smell and the lotion does what it is supposed to. Will repurchase.
New to me, meh
- Sephora waterproof makeup remover- this works, but I will not purchase because I like the cleansing water better
- Crabtree and evelyn (lavendar)- this is good, but I like the JM lavendar lotion better
- Sephora pearl mask- this was nice, but I realized I don’t like sheet masks I prefer masks you put on the wash off
- Algenist genius face cream- (sephora made sample) I tried this because I need to switch from my light weight summer moisturizer to a heavier winter moisturizer. this was nice, but I tried a tata harper moisturizer that I like better
- Laura Mercier primer radiance- I like this but I mostly wear BB cream which I don’t need to wear a primer with
- MUFE hydrating primer- again I liked this but I don’t really need to use primer
- Dr.Brandt needles no more- I didn’t like the smell otherwise no issues with it
- GlamGlow thirsty mud- just meh
- Tatcha luminous serum- I like the skin mist better
- Sephora Colorful blush (sweet on you)- this is a good formula, very pigmented and lasted all day, I just prefer shimmery blushes and it was matte
New to me, did not like
- Lorac pro +fiber- this came in a holiday set and I used it once. HATE HATE HATE. It didn’t even make my lashes look as long as my Dior mascara that doesn’t have fibers does, and on top the fibers were falling off onto my face all day long.
- Giorgio Armani eye serum- I didn’t like the texture for under my eye, and it really didn’t work at all for me.
- Shiseido wrinkleresist eye cream- this was too harsh for my under eye area
- PTR acne clear invisible dots- gave these dots several tries and they did not work at all, not even a small reduction in pimple size (and they were small pimples)
- Guerlain kisskiss lipstick (baby rose)- It was not up to par with the rest of my lipsticks
- Vitabath dreamy pink frosting- it smells fantastic in the bottle but the smell seems to completely dissipate as soon as it leaves the bottle
- Becca ultimate coverage crème- partially it is because this doesn’t come in my shade, but it just didn’t look natural at all on me
I really like the details, it's so practical to see everything in one place and not have to go see tons of pages to get a good opinion on a product. I also love your categories!
I too appreciate the details. Yes I could read the reviews on the product pages but I love seeing them come from active participants here who I am more inclined to trust. It's always interesting to me to see what people love and loathe, especially since it's so individual and people can have mixed opinions about the same products. I also do the same thing when I need to repurchase. Trying a sample first had really cut down on the FS products I don't care for. Prior to that I was so prone to buying skincare impulsively and not loving it.
I too really love UD Perversion. Great volume without clumps. And ahhhhh you guys are all tempting me with the Tatcha Mist. I passed on it when I bought the voucher and have been regretting it! If they release a voucher again I have to get it!
It's the winter time and the area around my mouth has been really dry. I used the aquabomb for about two weeks now on the dry spots of my mouth. You know that feeling when your skin is dry so it feels tight? I still have the feeling even after the using it day and night. I don't think it's hydrating enough. I feel like it's not helping my skin. Like if I forget to put it on in the morning my skin will feel dry. I want something that doesn't just sit on my skin, I want something that my skin will absorb and improve my skin with use. I even had my boyfriend try the belif true cream because he has bad flakey dry skin in the winter on his face. He feels the same way as me even though I'm trying something different. I'm going to have him try first aid ultra repair cream now. Hopefully it'll help
I think the details are helpful and being able to add them in the spoilers helps to make the information not so overwhelming
I have been hesitant to use Aqua bomb on my face (which is it's intended use) because I have heard people complain about it burning. I haven't experienced any burning on the areas I have used it. I will try to do this by the end of the month so I can report about it in my next empties.
The aqua bomb does burn for a few seconds after I rub it in on my face. Like denaxnguyen said, it does feel like something that sits on your skin instead of absorbs. Thus, I have found a new purpose for it (I always end up finding a random purpose for something that doesn't do what it's supposed to in order to make myself feel better about buying it lol)
Sounds crazy, but I put the hydrating gel on AFTER I moisturize with my CeraVe cream moisturizer now (my skin is dehydrated during the winter). For example, after I shower or wash my face, I put the CeraVe cream on but I don't usually do my makeup right after I shower. Thus, maybe 2 hours later, I will put the Belif Aqua bomb on my face right before I start my makeup routine because I don't want to go back in with a heavy moisturizer right before putting on makeup (makeup ends up slipping). That way, I have a hydrated canvas before makeup.
That being said, I will not repurchase this lol.
I just started using a deluxe size of aqua bomb a few days ago and my face is now broken out. I can't remember the last time I've had any full on break outs so I think it's not the product for me either.