I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Is it weird that I always picture you as extremely well groomed, because you have so many empties each month? That or you're well groomed and smart for tossing the items that do not work for you. My stupid self will keep using items I hate, because I paid for them and hate wasting money.
I really like They're Real Remover. It is the only They're Real thing I think Benefit got right. Sorry you did not like it.
I've been trying to wear makeup a little more often. Working from home (and only part time at that), there are days I never leave the house. There are other days I leave the house only to get my sons to/from school. I usually do not put makeup on if it will be viewed for less time than it takes me to apply it. I just need more places to go.
I tend not to skimp when I use something, too. The Becca primer I am sampling right now keeps peeling off my face when I use my Algenist moisturizer but works fine over La Mer. I am either using too much Algenist, which is causing the Becca to pick it up and move it around or the products are not compatible. It is hard to overuse the La Mer sample, because the way it comes out of the bottle. Plus, I love it and have no intention of buying i any time soon, so I am using it very conservatively (odd for me).
Wow, look at all those empties! I'm super impressed. I need to start taking pictures of mine again!
I've been hesitant on the They're Real remover... what did you like/dislike about it?
it was ok...it got my eye makeup off...but it was nothing special. it reminded me of the mufe sens eyes...but i like that better! it was just an average cream remover.
I realized I can't keep my empties anymore! It stresses me out to have it just sitting around >_<
But I did FINALLY go through a travel size of an ojon shampoo, mean while I went through a liter of conditioner , curly girl hair and all that. I know I've been through some OH truth serum sample packs as well I love that stuff!
Loves: Have repurchased, will repurchase
Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Shampoo
Phyto Phytodensium Serum
Likes: May or may not repurchase
PTR Laser Free Eye Serum
Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation
Becca Ever Matte Poreless Priming Perfector
Perricone MD Vitamin C Ester 15
Sephora Pomegranate Mask
Sephora Cotton Pads
Clean Skin Perfume
Dislike: Won't repurchase
Josie Maran Argan Oil Hair Serum
Sephora Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner (throwing this out, can't stand to use it anymore)
Josie Maran Black Oil Mascara (throwing this out, can't stand to use it anymore)
Make Up For Ever Mascara (throwing this out, can't stand to use it anymore)
Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla gets my curly hair clean without stripping or tangling it. That being said, her Tui line has always been my favorite, but Target didn't have any when I went to get some, so I went back to using Black Vanilla. The one downside to CD is that she has changed her formulas so many times over the years, it's hard to keep track. I feel like everytime I use a bottle, it's different than what I remember. Even so, I still haven't found anything to replace it as my staple haircare line.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
I have so many empties over the past few months that I recycled to ORIGINS.
"Bring any cosmetic brand empty container into any Origins retail store & we’ll recycle it for you for FREE. All returned packing is sent back to a central location where products will be recycled or used for energy recovery."
- Origins Checks & Balances
- Kiss My Face Moisture Shave (Peaceful Patchouli)
- Kiss My Face Moisturizer (Lavender & Shea)
- Skin Food Black Sugar Face Scrub (Korean company-loved the scent and exfoliating sugars in this)
- Skin Food Strawberry Mask
- Mane and Tail (as you can tell by the three empty bottles, I do like this stuff and have two bottles waiting in the wings.)
- Clinique Moisture Surge Intense (does what it says)
- Clinique Moisture Surge Extended Thirst Relief
- Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation (loved the texture and results after only two months or so.)
- Mario Badescu Drying Mask (love, however, I just bought a similar mask from Origins (Out of Trouble 10 minute mask) that works just as good)
- Boots Botanics Softening Body Wash (light scent, nice feel)
- Murray's (it will be another 10 years before I finish my new tin)
Liked, not loved/Maybe Re-buy
- Matrix Curl Life Spiraling Spray Gel & "Contouring Milk" (it appears they might not even make this anymore.)
- Tresseme Flawless Curls (thick creme texture; works well, no flakes, nice hold)
- Marc Anthony Strictly Curls (similar to every other decent to good curl creme)
- Physician's Formula eyeliners, browns and blacks. (I'm not sure they are worth the PF price, but when they go on sale, I'll probably get them again.)
- Clinique Acne Solutions (not as instant as I would like it to work; still good though.)
- Clinique Rinse Off Foaming Cleanser (decent, but I've found better waterproof mascara removers like theBalm's Balm's Away and Josie Maran's Argan Cleansing Oil.)
- Korres Pomegranate Mattifying Primer (I really like this one, but there are so many out there I have yet to try)
- B&BW Cherry Blossom Scrub (I've always liked this scent and thought this was a nice body/elbow/foot scrub)
- Paula's Choice Foundation Sample (medium coverage, semi-matte finish)
Hated/Will Not Buy
- Blinc Mascara, same issue as BW, itchy eyes. The formula was too wet for my liking.
- Too Faced Lash Injection, thankfully this was from a set. I would never buy this thick, goopy mascara
- Sephora Volumizing Mascara, weird brush, blah formula
- Olay moisturizer
- Clean & Clear "Mattifying" Moisturizer (blah)
- Neutrogena Blackhead Scrub (a little too rough for a scrub and I did not like the smell of it)
- The Body Shop White Musk Spritzer
- B&BW Midnight Pomegranate (too sweet smelling)
I got a Mario Badescu mask as a GWP from Ulta. I opened it a couple of weeks ago, and it looks like dried up clay. It is an off white color. If I have the same one you have, what are the directions for use? The sample does not say, so I was going to Google it to see how it works and if it is normal to look like that.
I'm sorry for not getting back to you much, much sooner.
We have a couple of Skin Food Stores in the Bay Area.
One is in the Stonestown Mall, San Francisco
And there is another one in the Westfield Valley Fair Mall in Santa Clara/San Jose.
On the website, they also have stores in
Flushing ChinaTown, NY (Roosevelt Ave.)
Another in Flushing, NY (Northern Blvd)
Valley Plaza, Bakersfield, CA
Glendale Galleria, Glendale, CA
Los Cerritos, CA
So I did some makeup cleanup and didn't take a picture of all but let me tell you about these products here from left to right.
The tarte eyeliner was very thin, I did like it, it was perfect for tight lining. The purple eyeliner wasn't very well pigmented, definite pass. kvd mascara.. i liked it at the start but then it got to be as bothersome as the benefit they're real mascara. the ud liquid liner.. i liked the tip but not the formula, felt too runny for me. blinc mascara made my eyes water, i did give it a couple of tries, including the other day wearing just that to test it out again.. and yes, definitely something in the mascara that my eyes can't stand.
What brand is the purple eyeliner? Is it Styli-Style?
I disliked the Blinc mascara too. I have another formula of their's to try, however, the first one made my eyes itchy too, so I'm not looking forward to it.
Thanks for the reviews
It's NYC, I bought it cause it was cheap but, sometimes you get hits, sometimes you get oh nos.. this was definitely and oh no. It does show some color, but I dont want to puncture my skin to get some deep color like the one seen.
Herbal Essence Body Wash - Rose
Neutrogena Oil Free Eye Makeup Remover
GlamGlow Youth Mud
Joico K Pak Hair Mask
UD Deslick Setting Spray
Smashbox Photofinish Blemish Control Primer
MUFE HD Primer
Not Your Mother's Way To Grow Shampoo
Not Your Mother's Way To Grow Conditioner
Bare Minerals Lash Domination Mascara
LUSH Mask Of Magnaminty
Korres Mattifying Treatment
Michael Todd Organic Lemon Toner
Will Not Be Repurchasing:
UD Pore Perfecting Primer
Touch in Sol Feel like Honey moon Skin Base
Hempz Coconut & Watermelon Body Wash
ELF Makeup Removing Wipes
ELF Exfoliating Makeup Removing Wipes
Garnier Skin Renew 5 Second Blur