Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Nice job on all those foils!  I've been sucking at using them lately but hoping to do better the next two months since I have some travel coming up.  Also love that you lopped off the top of your Aveeno bottle.  🙂

LovesIMG_1637.JPG
Likes IMG_1641.JPG
Just okIMG_1644.JPG

The Dr Jart mask felt nice on but smelled very strongly of thyme.

Nice empties.  That Dr. Jart mask scent sounds yucky though.  I like thyme in my food but not necessarily as a skincare scent.

Same here. I can't imagine smelling like thyme. Gross!

This October, I made it through a few staples:

Stila One Step Correct Serum - fs (been buying this for years)
Urban Decay Original Primer Potion - fs (seriously guys, I've had this same tube since 2012)
Cerave Facial Moisturizing Lotion AM - fs (my morning staple for the past couple years)

Benefit Porefessional Primer - sample (eh, doubtful I'll ever purchase, but it's fine)
Le Couvent des Minimes Loving Care Body Balm - sample (I found the smell somewhat off-putting)

I have so many Porefessional primer samples it's not even funny. I need to donate them to a local women's shelter or something because I'll never use them. I tried it once and felt the same - just eh.

I feel like everyone does.  Every time I do a TSB it seems like there is a glut of them.  It makes me wonder if even the women's shelters have gotten too many.  JK!  😉

It was the same for me and the Smashbox Photo Finish primer - I swear Ulta sends it with everything! I took them all to a clothing exchange party last month and said sayonara.

I know what you mean on the primer potion.  I use so little at a time that it takes me forever to get through a tube.  (And of course this was something I told myself I needed backups of when they DC the old packaging so I'm stocked up for awhile.)

I thought about doing the same, and still might. I like the squeeze tubeI

October empties - feel like I made decent progress this month

IMG_2905.JPG

Top row, loves:

Spoiler
Pixi Glow mud mask - I always cut the tube open on this to get the very last drops. A genius spot treatment for when I need to make stuff come to a head.

body shop tea tree oil - I mix this into my dry clay masks as needed.

farmacy purple broccoli brightening - I buy these by the boxful every time farmacy runs their f&f sales. The brightening version is by far my favorite. I keep writing them emails to ask them to bottle the liquid as a serum... 😃

Odacite jo+l- part of my regular routine and gets repurchased, I use this daily to help keep my skin clear.

clarisonic pedi disc - love these for regular foot exfoliation.

Middle row, meh:

Spoiler
Odacite GT+l, Gr+g - I have repurchased both of these before but I'm not sure if I will continue to.  I don't know if they are doing enough...

Ouai hair treatment mask - felt thick, smelled like cake frosting. Made my hair soft but the artificial smell lingered.

body shop shea body butter - nothing wrong with it, just others I like better. Sort of made me feel like my clothes were constantly sticking to me.

kate Somerville exfolikate intense - I use the acne version but bought this one by accident. Didn't realize my error until I opened it and saw the product was green. I prefer the acne one.

living proof hair mask - this was really thick, too. I felt like I was applying body butter to my hair. Didn't notice much of a difference with it, either.

Bottom row, nopes:

Spoiler
Odacite oleosomes moisturizer - received in a gwp; tried to use and product was empty.

kate Somerville goat milk eye balm - part of a recent 500pt perk. Tube was completely dried up and hardened.

bliss fabulous makeup melt - didn't like the texture; smeared my makeup rather than removing it.

niod flavanone mud - tingles quite aggressively (which they warn of on the package) didn't really improve my skin.

Kate Somerville detox daily cleanser - didn't like the smell, didn't like the film it left on my face.

caudalie hand and foot cream - I use it on my feet and feel like it just sits there without absorbing.

Kate Somerville goat milk cleanser - also from the recent 500pt perk. Product was completely separated and no amount of kneading or shaking would remedy it.

Farmacy makes great masks! I have gone through a box and need to repurchase during VIB next week. I haven't tried anything else from their line though.

That Kate Somerville perk sounds like it was a real winner 😕

I know!  Thats so sad that the balm it was completely dried up and hardened and the cleanser was separated.  Sounds like some old stock or like it was stored in less than ideal conditions.

Do you prefer the Odacite CaR over the GtL for brightening?

@lucylui actually for brightening I prefer their private blend summer in hossegor serum - it also has carrot in it 😉

October Empties 

Would repurchase/use again:

October 2016 Empties-Loved.jpg

Spoiler
B&BW Candle in Japanese Cherry Blossom - need to finish my fall/winter candles before repurchasing
Clinique Eyeshadow in Daybreak - already repurchased
Colourpop Lippie Stix Primer - will be repurchasing
ABH Brow Wiz in Taupe - already repurchased but trying the Brow Definer this time
Neutrogena Makeup Remover Wipes - have 1 more
Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels - have 2 more
Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser - will be purchasing
Tata Harper Hydrating Floral Essence - will be purchasing

Meh:

October 2016 Empties-Meh.jpg

Spoiler
LUSH Cosmetics Ocean Salt
LUSH Cosmetics Fig and Leaves Soap
GLAMGLOW YOUTHMUD Treatment
Black eyeliner, brand unknown 
AHAVA Purifyin Mud Mask
Clinique All About Eyes Serum Roll-On
Murad Hydro-Dynamic Quenching Essence
Clinique Moisture Surge Face Spray
Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation

Strongly disliked:

October 2016 Empties-Disliked.jpg

Spoiler
Up and Up (Target brand) Premium Cotton Rounds - I accidentally bought these instead of the Exfoliating which I like more because they don't fall apart
LUSH Cosmetics Ro's Argan Body Conditioner - liked, but trying to limit products w/ parabens
Pacifica Underarm Deodarant Wipes - did nothing for me and dried out very quickly
Ole Henriksen 3 in 1 Cleansing Gelee - bothered my eyes
Tata Harper Moisturizing Mask - hated the smell of this
Tata Haper Moisturizing Mask - again, the smell really turned me off
L'Oreal Colour Riche Balm -  glad to finally be done with this after 2 years
BECCA Beach Tint Lip Shimmer Souffle in Raspberry/Opal - very sticky and didn't apply well  

That's interesting about those underarm deodorant wipes.  They seem to like putting things in wipe packaging as I've noticed they have lotion wipes as well.  It's too bad that they don't work because their scents are so lovely.  I got some similar wipes in a small TS pack from birchbox when I needed to add something else to get the full value of my points.  I don't think they carry them anymore because my searches come up with nothing, but I quite liked them.  I have a lot of overnight trips for work where I try to get away with just my baggy of liquids and a small makeup case for non-liquid items and I liked how much less space it took up than a TS deodorant.

They were a great idea since they are easy to use and would be great for a quick wipe down after a workout...but they didn't do much at all. I have another pack I need to use 😞

I know.  Such a great idea.  Too bad they sucked.

So impressed you finished a whole eyeshadow! That takes some determination! 

8,134 Replies
testing