I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Where is the Fekkai mask in the picture? I must be missing it. I do like their glossing cream so I'd be interested in trying the mask, but I wanted to see what it looked like before searching for it at ulta.
Yes. It is blue with a white lid. It came in a Sample Society box, so I am uncertain the full size version looks exactly the same. I already threw it away and cannot zoom in on the picture, so I cannot give you the exact name. Maybe, my lovely friend who pointed out the product in the picture can type the exact name, because she still has hers. I loved it, so I would definitely suggest giving it a try. The Brilliant Glossing Cream is amazing. I am trying to use up some oils before I open my next tube.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
My September Empties:
- Redken Extreme Conditioner - makes my hair super silky. I've been working on this bottle for over 8 mo, and my hair hits low-mid back, so I love this size. Already have backups!
- Redken Align 12 Straightening lotion - I did like this product, but not as much as my Paul Mitchell Quick Slip. I wasn't crazy about the scent, but it did give my fine hair more substance vs Quick Slip. Quick Slip leaves my hair more silky. My 2nd day hair was a bit more greasy with Align 12 than usual but still doable.
- Onyx Professional Moisturizing Nail polish remover - very effective
- Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara - use this as my casual day mascara or layer BTS or Perversion mascara on top for going out.
- Neutrogena makeup wipes - I think these have been in every empties picture so far...
- BBW Honolulu Sun and Perfect Beach Day
- UD 24/7 Liners in Perversion, West, and Demolition
- Studio 35 Beauty cotton rounds - eh, just ok. Not as soft as I was hoping. Better for nail polish removal vs applying toner.
- Macadamia Natural Oil Deep Repair Masque - I liked the scent, package was $4, and I got 4 weeks at 1x/wk use, so I think thats pretty good. Wouldn't say its the best hair mask out there, but definitely better than some others I've tried like Paul Mitchell Hair Rescue Treatment
- Bliss 24-'heaven' body butter - smell was slightly medicinal, and left my legs uber moisturized, almost greasy. If I crossed my legs in shorts/skirt, they would slide. Maybe better in the winter when my skin is dry.
- Clinique Superprimer - ok, I prefer HG Mineral Primer
- Dermadoctor KP duty - moisturizing, but can't tell if it reduced my KP after one use :/
- Ulta Enriched Nail polish remover - ok, not as good as Onyx
- Clinique Step 3 Clarifying Lotion - works ok, doesn't make me too dry if I use once a day. I think it's helped improve my skin. May try Murad's toner next to compare.
- Essie Good to Go top coat - Dries quickly so I can go about my day but chips within 2-3 days. And got kinda gunky, but I did have it for close to a year.
- BBW Oahu Coconut Sunset body wash - Like these body washes, coconut isn't my fav scent but I did enjoy it during the summer.
- Amazing Cosmetics concealer in Med Beige - I had this on my loves on another Empties post this summer but I decided I didn't like the texture so much. It covered acne/scars pretty well, but it is pretty thick and hard to make it look natural. May try Cover FX next.
- Dior Pore Minimizer - I don't like the silicone feel of this primer, similar to Smashbox's.
- Revealed 2 Mini Palette - colors didn't blend well, and were pink/maroon, which I know are in now, but doesn't look good with my skin tone.
- Bare Minerals Lash Domination - not a fan
- TF Shadow Insurance - was looking forward to trying this and got it in a TSB but the foil was opened and dried out Guess I should've checked.
- Tarte Amazonian clay blush in dollface - ehh, wouldn't show up on my skin tone when applied lightly and then started to look clown-like when I tried to build it up.
- Dr. Jart+ Pore Minimalist mask - kept sliding off my face. Literally had to sit there for 15-20 min holding it on or looking straight ahead. Face wasn't dramatically different afterward, but may need to be repeated over time before seeing results. Pass due to difficulty with application.
- Freeman Facial Polishing Mask Charcoal and Black Sugar - I liked the idea of this mask, but my face would break out a bit after use. Maybe the mask was pulling the impurities to the surface, but I didn't see enough improvement to justify breakouts. Also, after a month or so of use, the lid wouldn't snap closed so it got waterlogged in my shower and was slimy and prob growing something so I chucked the remainder.
I love Dollface, but it is light. I can see it not showing initially on your beautiful skin tone.
I laughed at your description of your legs sliding, because I hate dry skin but also hate when the moisturizer never really "sets" and skin slides. I know exactly what you mean.
@notcreative, this is the Resist Ultra-Light Super Antioxidant Concentrate Serum. I like it a lot because sometimes serums can be too heavy for me and I have pretty sensitive skin, and this serum is lightweight and gives me no issues such as greasiness.
I also use her Skin Balancing Oil-Reducing Cleanser (for combo skin and skin with blemishes) and her Skin Perfecting 2% BHA Liquid Exfoliant (which I use as a toner after cleansing). These two seem to have helped reduce the oiliness in my T-zone area.
I also like her Resist Intensive Wrinkle-Resistant Retinol Serum, which I use at night. The retinol serum is pretty weak in retinol but I don't mind because it's the first retinol product I've ever been able to use faithfully w/o it damaging my skin or causing major irritation. She just came out with a super-duper 1% retinol solution but if you read the reviews, it's super strong so that many people can't handle it (I'm afraid of it myself). The retinol serum I'm using now is in a neat twist-up pump that helps protect the contents inside.
I overlook her snarky reviews and like that her products are no-nonsense w/o unnecessary, unproven or irritating ingredients and are very reasonably priced. She has a 60-day return policy and I think if skin reactions occur after that point, she lets you exchange or get store credit (but wants to know about it--she always wants input to keep improving).
Yay. You tried the H2o+ sleeping mask I sent you! What did you think? I love it.
I keep meaning to try that Alterna Caviar Cream. I ended up giving one away, but I still have another. Is it any good?
The H2O+ mask was really nice! I think I'd like it better if I had more time to get ready for bed. Because of how thick it is, it kept pilling with everything else.
i liked using the Alterna CC cream after showering as a leave in treatment. It smoothed down my hair and made it really soft. I can't say how good it is as a heat protectant though since I straighten/curl my hair once every month or so. I do prefer this over hair oils. That greasy feeling doesn't sit well with me.
i also used up the Disney H2O+ hand cream you sent me! Just didn't have time to properly dissect it, so it wasn't in this batch of empties
I hate hair oils too. The greasy feeling does not sit well with me either. I am currently using a hair oil I bought a long time ago, because I hate wasting things. It makes me look greasy, which I hate. My hair is so frizzy with zero help though, so it is a lose/lose if I use nothing or not the right amount of help. I rarely use heat in my styling. I air dry 360 days a year.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
A Youtuber said she slathers her hair in hair oil, leaves it in for a few minutes or even a few hours, then washes it out for smooth, soft hair! When I'm at home and don't plan on going out or seeing anyone, I do that and tie it up so that it's out of my face. I hate waste too, so I can't throw away my hair oils. I have a bottle from an LE Birchbox (the John Frieda Frizz Ease Oil Elixir). It's a pretty sizable bottle, so I'm glad I have this alternative way to use it. Maybe you can try that? It'll be easier to turn it into an empty as well. Granted, I don't ever look like a mermaid with slicked hair, but it's definitely more than the amount I'd be using as a hair protectant.
Empties! Finally I have some! There's a lot of repeats from my sample challenge...
Bare Escentual brushes x2: Way to scratchy for me, and still shedding! Used them for 1-2 years, ignored them for 3, now it's time to trash 'em!
FAB "Radiance Pads": Amazing, already repurchased!
Kate Somerville "Deep Tissue Repair cream": I loved this, but there has to be better options out there... More affordable options perhaps? Or I may crack during the VIB sale...
Mac "brush cleanser": My cinema secrets blow this one out of the park. But it's finally empty!
Josie Maran "Pure Argan Milk": So, I only used this one, and proved to myself that I'm still not a fan of argan oil, even in a lighter milky formula.
Korres "Mattifying Primer": I actually enjoyed this! But not enough to go out and purchase it. There's a two year supply of nice primers to work through first!
Amore Pacific "Luminous Effect Brightening Serum": I luuuurve this stuff. But it's expensive. And my boyfriend loves it too. Between the two of us, this puppy will only last 2 months. Guess I better wean us both off of it. Sniff.
Marula "Cleansing Lotion" x2: My skin loved this, and drank it up quite well. It's on my purchase list once I finish another cleanser. Or when the vib % sale is happening...
Urban Decay "Eyeshadow primer - antiaging": just like every other eye primer... meh. Doesn't last past 6 hours on my slick eyelids.
Murad "Essential C-Eye Cream": Nice for daytime use, nothing special for me.
Lancome "Dual Finish": Leaves a nice texture, and is very slightly less powdery than my Rimmel Stay Matte powder. Coverage from the sample was good for half my face, and had a sheer/light coverage. Skip.
Fresh "Lotus Youth Preserve Radiance Lotion": My skin is a normal/dry combo that will devour every ounce of moisture from anything, unless if it's gel. Skip!
Ole Henriksen "7 Day Wonder" kit: So I lost the box, and the foils for the day and night serums were threatening to take over my counter and got thrown out. The Truth serum and the Invigorating Night serum were both utterly fantastic, and have been bought. As for the Sheer Transformation... It's no where near hydrating enough!