I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
nothing that i didn't love this month but a couple of stand outs
- bioderma makeup wipes
- cinema secrets brush cleaner
- sally hansen polish
- urban decay subversion lash primer
- soap and glory righteous butter
- beyond the zone last call hair masque
- origins night-a-mins
- dr dennis gross alpha beta daily peel
I didn't really have any fails this past month, so I've divided my empties into "will repurchase" and "good, but won't repurchase."
- Burt's Bees sensitive face wipes
- Store-brand cotton rounds and cotton swabs
- Clarisonic sensitive head
- Sephora lip balm
GOOD, BUT WON'T REPURCHASE (at least right now)
- It's a 10 Silk Express Miracle Silk shampoo and conditioner
- Karuna Anti-Oxidant face masks
- FAB Facial Radiance Pads—here's the cool thing about these: I bought them in January and they never dried out. However, they were too harsh for me to use frequently, hence why it took me nine months to use them up.
- Butter London Scrubbers—in other threads, people were talking about how much one scrubbing pad can take off. I believe the pad took polish off one hand, although I went in later with a cotton round soaked in polish remover to clean off any leftover polish.
- Nars Skin Aqua Free Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer—GWP that was fine, but I'll stick to Nars for makeup, not skincare.
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate—eh, I don't see all the fuss.
- Nars Audacious mascara—sometimes it flaked, but sometimes it didn't.
- Marc Jacobs Omega Lash in Blacquer—I can't remember anything about this, so I guess it wasn't too bad.
- GlamGlow BrightMud eye pod
I definitely have to add more nail polish remover to the butter london scrubbers in order to get polish off all 10 nails. But I like the scubber pads better than a cotton round so I don't mind.
I don't care for Exolikate either. I have the sample in my empties as well and it took me forever to finish it because it was just too harsh for my skin and I hated the smell. Surprised to hear the FAB facial radiance pads were too harsh. I loved them because they are pretty gentle to my skin. Just shows how individual skin is. I'm also impressed you used up two lip balms. I swear I always have a million going and lose them before I had a chance to finish them.
I also thought the Exfolikate was meh as well. I have yet to find a good face scrub I love. All the ones I tried are either meh or worse. A preview of my next empties, the Dr. Jart scrub I got a sample of irritated my face. Not many products do so that's saying something.
I'm impressed you had a month with no fails. I love BrightMud and Exfolikate.
I've never tried Wal-Mart store brand cotton rounds, but if they're good enough to repurchase, please tell me more about them.
These aren't the Wal-Mart ones (I somehow live in a part of America where a bunch of other chain stores are closer than WM, so I've never really shopped there), but are the store-brand from a local Chicago grocery chain.
I liked the BrightMud eye pods to buy the set at last year's holiday sale, but since I'm still using them up now, I clearly don't love them enough to use up in a timely fashion, so I guess I'll skip them this year. ExfoliKate ... I guess I don't see what's so great compared to other exfoliators? If anything, this one felt a little rough on me.
Bummer. I was thinking of heading to Wal-Mart to pick some of these up. I mostly shop Target, but I remembered Wal-Mart's store brand starts with something similar to that. After looking it up, I now see it is Equate.
I was going to say, I live in Chicago too and isn't that the store brand from the jewel. Living in Chicago I cant remember the last time I went to a Walmart which is fine because i love target.
Quick empty update since it has been forever since I've been on BT. I miss you guys. Finally in NC - haven't settled but after 1600 miles and not knowing anyone.. there's a lot to get used to!
These empties have been for the past two months.