Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

don't know if I should call this late or early to the game or a little bit of both but here are my February -  April 26th empties...

IMG_2792.JPG

IMG_2789.JPG

IMG_2791.JPG

There was a lot of sunlight coming through my window when i took these pics so it's kinda hard to all the products here. 

LOVES:

- Bath & Body works wallflower salted vanilla

- Beauty Blender - The Orignal beauty blender

- Benefit the POREfessional 

- Benefit - They're Real remover

- Bumble and Bumble - Pret a Powder

- Glamglow - Volcasmic matte glow moisturizer

- Murad - Hydrodynamic Ultimate moisture 

- Nivea - In-shower body lotion 

- Peter Thomas Roth - firm- x Peeling gel

- Schick Razor cartridge replacement coconut 

- Aerin - Amber Musk

- Belief - The True Cream moisturizing bomb

- crest - Cavity protection regular toothpaste

- Elizabeth & James Nirvana - rose

- Fresh - Lotus Youth Preserve radiance lotion 
- Fresh - Seaberry Moisturizing face oil 

- Fresh - Rose hydrating eye gel cream

- Not Your Mother's clean freak - Dry shampoo

- Origins - Gin - zing 

- Plackers - Right angle dental flossers

- Sephora - Charcoal Nose strip

- up & up - cotton rounds

- Yves saint Laurent - Mon Paris

MEH/ok 

- Derek lam 10 crossby - Afloat

- Derek lam 10 Crossby - Drunk on youth 

- Derek Lam - 10 crossby - Looking glass

- LIila grace French vanilla hand cream

- Sephora Collection express eye makeup remover wipe

nope, nope, nope.

- Lady speed stick - Invisible dry powder fresh

Spoiler

this lot of empties is from January through March.  I never used to count, but I'm trying to use up what I already own this year and think challenging myself to use more each month is a great way to do it.  This quarter was 79 empties.

I have zero idea why the pics are coming up upside down, but trying to post lately is quite... trying... lol.  If anyone's curious about anything please ask! 

Everything

IMG_4966.JPG

Loves

IMG_4967.JPG

Spoiler
Everything here is pretty self explanatory.  The MAC is the studio tech, it stays in my purse for touch ups through the day and after work. I know pore strips are controversial, but I like em. The two moisturizer samples were from the sample challenge in march, I'm still deciding which to pick up full size.

IMG_4971.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler
At the moment I'm only re purchasing the porefessional here.  I use it on my t zone all the time.  Everything else I'm waivering on either due to cost or having a similar product already.

Meh

IMG_4972.JPG

Spoiler
Spoiler
Everything here was okay.  But I've tried better in their category.  If I got them for free or in a great deal value pack with something I wanted, sure I'd use them.

Nope, no way.

IMG_4970.JPG

Spoiler
The cotton here came from Costco and was okay until I tried the shisedo cotton.  Now I'm spoiled and will only use this to remove polish.  The Pacifica body wash smelled great but made my skin feel tight. There are two lash glues that just aren't anywhere near gluey enough, lashes were falling off way before their time. The glam glow I had a reaction to. The burts bees cuticle butter is just not for me. I didn't like the packaging, the scent, or see any real results.

March Empties

March Empties (staples).jpg

Spoiler
All of these are staple products or products I use frequently.
-Orgins Drink Up Intensive Overnight Mask
-SK-II Facial Treatment Essence
-Hylamide SubQ Eyes
-Josie Maran Argan Oil
-Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil
-Nugg Face Mask Hydrating (x3)
-Nugg Face Mask Revitalizing
-Nugg Face Mask Deep Cleansing
-Tony Moly Pureness 100 Hyaluronic Acid Sheet Mask
-Simple Facial Cleansing Wipes

March Empties (2).jpg

Spoiler
Top Row-Likes (will repurchase/purchase full size)
-Karuna Hydrating Face Mask
-Kate Sommerville Goat Milk Moisturizing Cleanser
-Nude Advanced Renewal Overnight Repair Mask
-Ren Clarifying Clay Cleanser
-FAB Vitamin Hydrating Mist

2nd Row-These were just ok. I don't think I'll repurchase.
-Skin Inc. Pure Deepsea Hydrating Mask
-Pericone MD Nutritive Cleanser
-Cerave PM Facial Moisturizing Lotion
-Origins GinZing Refreshing Face Mask
-Farmacy Honey Potion
-Neutrogena Hydro Boost gel-cream
-Yes to Cotton Comforting Paper Mask

Loves

IMG_2608.JPG
IMG_2612.JPG
IMG_2611.JPG
Did not like

IMG_2615.JPG
Skyn Iceland cooling daily lotion-this burned really bad on my face only used it once and it is going.

Charlotte Tlibury magic eye rescue-this felt fine but smelled awful I wonder if my foil might have gone bad.

Not as many as February, but 40 isn't bad!

april empties.JPG

Loves

Spoiler

BeautyBlender -- This one was starting to fall apart, but I already had a backup 🙂

Peter Thomas Roth Cucumber Gel Mask -- I’m not a fan of the other masks I’ve tried (24K Gold, blue one, and Moor Mud) because they didn’t seem to do much, but this one is fantastic for when my skin is irritated by a product/sunburned/etc. I keep it in the fridge and it instantly cools my face and soothes redness. Would repurchase this.

Pinrose Garden Gangster -- Loved this, would purchase.

Eva NYC Freshen Up Dry Shampoo -- I love the smell, and it’s works well, but it does seem like it takes more spray than other brands to work.

Eva NYC Surf’s Up! Texture Spray -- Smells great, works really well.

Spoiler

Juliette Has A Gun in Not A Perfume -- I actually really liked this scent, very light and clean. My only problem was that it didn’t seem to last very long on me at all. Got this as a promo and I would get it again, but I don’t think I would pay for it.

Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum SPF 30 x 2 -- I liked this, the texture was nice and it layered with other products nicely. Would use again, but I’ll probably try some drugstore sunscreens first.

Elizabeth Arden Superstart Skin Renewal Booster -- Too small of a sample to use more than twice so I can’t vouch for the effectiveness, but I liked the smell and the texture and it sunk nicely into my skin.Would be interested in trying a larger sample.

Ahava Dead Sea Osmoter Concentrate -- Too small of a sample to know how well it works over time, but smelled really nice and sunk into my skin nicely. I would be interested in trying a larger sample of this again.

Chanel Blue Serum - Same deal, I loved the smell and the texture was nice but it was too small of a sample to see any results.

DERMAdoctor Kakadu C Amethyst Clay Detox Mask -- I like charcoal masks and this was no exception. I’d pick it up if it was on sale.

Repiel Smart Hand Mask Milky Moisture -- I just like hands masks 🙂

Tony Moly Fresh Peppermint Foot Mask -- I just like foot masks, too 🙂

Philosophy Renewed Hope in a Jar -- I really liked how this sunk into my skin, was good moisture for the changing seasons. I would use this again.

Tatcha Radiant Deep Brightening Serum -- Not a large enough samples to know how it works over time, but it smelled nice and sunk in well. I would like to try it again.

Formula 10.0.6 -- I liked this because it’s the only gel cleanser I’ve used where I didn’t hate the consistency.

Meh

Spoiler

AG Cleansing Cream -- No real opinion. It was fine but I wouldn’t use it again. WNP.

Sephora Bubble Mask -- It didn’t seem to do anything and it tickled me so much when the bubbles were popping! Felt gimmicky, WNP.

Benefit Porefessional -- I think this is finally my last sample of this! WNP.

L’Oreal Hydra Genius Daily Liquid Care - I liked the smell and it sunk into my skin nicely, but it didn’t really do anything for oil control. I’m stil kind of undecided on it.

Studio 35 Beauty Makeup Remover Towlettes -- Didn’t feel one way or the other about these. Might repurchase if they are in front of me and I need some.

No

Spoiler

Korres Greek Yoghurt Smoothie Priming Moisturizer -- Was not strong enough for my winter skin. I would have saved it to try in the summer but there was only 3 uses in it and it smelled gross.

Algenist GENIUS Ultimate Anti-Aging Vitamin C+ Serum -- I didn’t notice any difference.

AG Moisture Mask -- This was wayyyyyy too heavy duty for my fine hair; I used it on a Sunday night and 12 hours later it looked like I had slept in a vat of grease. WNP.

Sephora Collection LashCraft Length & Volume Mascara -- I feel like the only one who didn’t like this, but I’m also super picky about mascara. Clumpy, wet, and made my lashes look more sparse which is hard to do on a redhead. WNP.

Tarte Frixxtion Stick -- Like the dr. Brandt microdermabrasion from last month, this hurt my face. It felt fine when I applied it with the stick, but rubbing it in with my hands felt like little shards of glass. WNP.

L’oreal Oil with Sunscreen -- I use oil sometimes at night, but apparently I should not use them in the day. Grease slick by 9 am. WNP.

Shiseido White Lucent Anti-Dark Circle Eye Cream -- Somehow made my dark circles worse. WNP.

KMS Free Shape Hot Flex Spray -- My hair stylist said my ends looked like garbage after using this spray, so I think I’ll pass.

Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl Enhancing Smoothie -- Smelled so good but was way to heavy for my fine hair. WNP.

Ogx Quenching+ Coconut Curls Shampoo and Conditioner -- On the opposite side of the spectrum, this dried my curls and and made them frizzy. WNP.

Murad Rapid Age Spot and Pigment Lightening Serum - Saw zero results. WNP.

Burt's Bees Facial Cleansing Oil with Coconut and Argan Oils -- I have nightmares about this still haha! Completely ruined my face with oil and breakouts. I switched back to Origins and my skin is already going back to normal. NEVER AGAIN.

Clinique Pep-Start Hydroblur Moisturizer - I just don’t think Clinique and I are meant to get along. WNP.

Pinrose Cuddle Punk, Pillowtalk Poet, and Tambourine Dreamer -- Not for me.

Destash

Spoiler
Skindinavia Makeup Primer Spray - Pilled off my face no matter how long I let it dry. WNR. 

March empties! Total # = 59, not bad! I'm doing a better job of going through what I have and trying to pick HGs to stick with, especially with skincare. 

Loves/Staples:

FullSizeRender (71).jpg

FullSizeRender (70).jpg

Spoiler
The compact is Missha Magic Cushion BB Cream. I got a refill as a GWP, so I got rid of this one as it was mostly dried out. Great coverage! It does transfer more than I'd like though.

Likes/Just Ok:

FullSizeRender (73).jpg

FullSizeRender (72).jpg

Nope:

FullSizeRender (74).jpg

Spoiler
Redken Volumizing shampoo/conditioner: left icky residue in my hair and also dried it out
Lancome cream cleanser: also left residue. Felt like maybe a soap instead of detergent? Blech.
Clinique Smart oil: not moisturizing/effective
Paula's Choice retinol serum: broke me out
MB Whitening mask: drying, no discernible effect (foil was 2 full applications)
Clarins Exfoliating cleanser: too abrasive
Supergoop hand cream w/spf: the sunscreen made it too greasy    

what are your thoughts on Pinrose treehouse royal I myself love it and bought a bottle before my sample ran out i had to have this particular perfume on tap 🙂 

The last batch of my March empties.

IMG_3252.JPG

These are the products that are in my daily use so I love them all and would re-buy everything with the exception of the Charlotte Tilbury Magic cream. It goes on with an amazing silky texture with a faint scent but I didn't really see any changes or improvements to my skin so there are many other day creams that would perform the same way without the high cost. 

@oceanics, I was able to try the Shiseido Facial Cottons out and wow. It's like wiping my face with a cloud! I don't buy cotton pads very often, but if I do need to purchase some I will definitely get those. 

XOXO,
Marieke

March empties!

Loves

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 8.18.24 PM.png

Spoiler
Klorane Dry Shampoo - natural brunette tint
Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Fresh Cut Split End Mender
Philosophy Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcake 3-in-1
Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara
Commodity Gold travel size fragrance
Shaveworks The Cool Fix
Dionis Verbena & Cream hand cream
Japonesque Radiance Primer
Ole Henriksen The Truth Serum
Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Oil
Bioderma Micellar Water
Hourglass Veil primer
Dr. Dennis Gross Alpha Beta Extra Strength peel
Stila Huge Lash mascara

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 8.18.37 PM.png

Spoiler
Rita Hazan Weekly Remedy hair mask
Alterna 10-in-1 CC Cream (x2)
Living Proof Timeless Pre-shampoo treatment
Chanel Blue Serum
Guerlain Abeille Royale night cream
Belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb
Lancome Renergie Lift Multi-action
Urban Decay Perversion mascara
Ren Glycol Lactic Radiance Renewal Mask
Peter Thomas Roth Anti-again Cleansing Gel
Yes To Tomatoes Detoxifying Charcoal face wipes
Maui Moisture Heal & Hydrate shampoo
Klorane dry shampoo
Anthony Glycolic facial cleanser
Joico K-pak Color Therapy
Boscia White Charcoal Mattifying setting spray
Matrix Mega Sleek shampoo
Pink Sugar body mousse
L'Occitane shower oil
Boscia Purifying cleansing gel
Ole Henriksen PowerBright
StriVectin TL Advanced Tightening Neck Cream
Sum Soap bar soap
GlamGlow GravityMud mask
Elizabeth & James Nirvana Black dry shampoo
Urban Decay B6 prep spray

Didn't Like

Screen Shot 2017-04-02 at 8.18.55 PM.png

Spoiler
Jack Black Grapefruit & Ginger lip balm - love Jack Black lip balms, and this one still works well, but the scent/flavor is way too much for me. I think it's personal preference - I don't like the flavor of grapefruit. Wouldn't use this one again in the future...
Jack Black Turbo Wash hair/body cleanser - I'm really ripping on Jack Black this month! Again, it's just the scent - really strong and smelled like Vick's Vaporub to me. I'm not a big fan of their heavy "masculine" scents.
Mirenesse iCurl mascara - gave a little bit of length, but really didn't add much of anything to my lashes, even after 3+ coats.

My total this month was 44 empties - a little short of my goal of 50 each month this year, but still not bad, especially considering that some of these were larger products. My year to date total is 114 empties - I've been loving the de-stashing that's been going on this year!

Strawberry Daiquiri Cupcake >> this sounds amazing. I can't tell if I want to smell it or eat it more.

And I really like your goal of hitting a specific number of empties per month. How cool!

It's gotta be one of my favorite Philosophy scents I've smelled! I can't find it anywhere to buy another bottle though...should have rationed it out a little more lol 😞 And thanks! The # goal has been working well for me - I'm really motivated by things like that. My stash was getting so out of control, I told myself no more purchases unless I was able to clear out tons of what I already have!

My March emptiesIMG_0189.JPGLoves

Spoiler
Too Cool For School Egg Cream Mask
Macadamia Professional Weightless Moisture Shampoo
Lush Snow Fairy

Spoiler
Drunk Elephant TLC Serum
Bath and Body Works Marshmallow Pumpkin Latte Shea & Sugar Scrub
Karuna Brightening Face mask & Melting Boost
Sephora Orchid Eye Mask
First Aid Beauty Ultra Repair Cream
Tatcha Silken Pore Perfecting Sunscreen SPF 35

Undecided  

Spoiler
Boscia Baby Soft Foot Peel-  This peeled the bottom of my feet but not the top. The top of my foot is where my problem areas are lol. I may try again in a few months.

Dislikes

Spoiler
Velieve Collagen Sheet Mask
Ouai Hair mask

March Empties3.17 empties.JPG

Loves

3.17 loves.JPG

Spoiler
Dove is my favorite deodorant. Loved the Peat mask by BELIF. The LM secret brightening powder was great. Loved the scent and consistency of the BBW. Purity is my HG and I continue to repurchase.

3.17 likes.JPG

Spoiler
Really enjoyed the drybar sake shampoo and conditioner. The BECCA primer was nice and I did repurchase it. I love the body butters from the body shop but this was not my all time favorite (I prefer the shea). born this way foundation is nice but it only looks good for 3-4 hours max then starts to make me very greasy.

Just OK

3.17 meh.JPG

@karap03, Dove is my favorite deodorant too! I've tried a few other brands buuut this one works the best for me. I can absolutely not live without it, haha!

XOXO,
Marieke

Not much to report on the empties front this month.

Full Sizes:

l’oreal kohl liner in black sable (I have had this for ages and am glad to be rid of it)

ogx sun-kissed blonde shampoo

Deluxe Sample:

erno laszlo antioxidant complex for eyes

March empties

IMG_9342.JPG

TOP ROW - LOVES:

Spoiler
Consonant Skincare Hydraextreme - this was a new to me but not new product discovery. Consonant makes some interesting products (I like their DHE Mask, in particular) but I had always overlooked this one because of a kit they have called the 'Hydra-gasm' (barf!)  Upon sampling it on and off throughout March, I decided to put it on my spring sale list; it only has 2 ingredients but it's intensely hydrating and it makes my skin feel very plump and firm.
Batiste Coconut Dry ShampooI don't love dry shampoo in general, but this one smells really nice and works reasonably well.  I even used it to get the stink out after sampling the Ouai Dry Foam 😄
Odacite Bl+C, Jo+L - I don't think I need to go into detail on these, they show up on my empties list every other month.  HG status products for keeping my oily skin in check.
Farmacy Deep Moisture, Brightening Sheet Maskssame with these, they show up monthly and are solid hydrating and brightening masks for when you need a little extra oomph.
May Lindstrom Jasmine Gardenreceived this in a GWP in July, and although it wasn't until about September that I started using it daily, I'd say 7 months is a decent lifespan for a product of this type at this pricepoint. I'm not usually into Jasmine, but I really love the smell of this, and it's great for spritzing on before applying my serums.
May Lindstrom Blue CocoonI purchased this for my birthday in Feb 2016, and while I didn't start using it daily until April or May (took me a while to warm up to it) 10 or so months of daily use makes the exorbitant cost sting a little less.  Since the price has increased significantly in Canada, I'm undecided whether I'll repurchase just yet but I love the smell, I love the way it sinks in, and I love the hydration.
Kevin Murphy Angel Washa lovely shampoo that smells like Creamsicles and babies my lavender grey hair. Have already repurchased.
Pixi Glow Tonicnot my first bottle, and won't be my last. I decided to stray before repurchasing it in order to try the new Ordinary Glycolic 7% toner, and while that is cheaper, I don't like it as much.  I'll definitely go back to Pixi once it is done.
Pixi Glow Mud Cleanserone of my HG cleansers. I've repurchased it multiple times and I love how creamy and gentle it is, but also how it keeps my skin mildly exfoliated.
PMD Sensitive Skin disc seems to have blended into the carpet in the photo, but this is also a regular repurchase for me, so I'm not going to go into detail.

MIDDLE ROW - MEH:

Spoiler
Herbivore Lapis Oil - I've had this for a while and was just trying to finish it up.  When I first started using it, the smell of it used to make me ill, but after trying other blue tansy products it bothers me a little less.  I didn't really find this did much for me so I won't repurchase, but the bottle is very pretty. I'm trying to figure out if I have any use for repurposing it.
Odacite Gr+GI had several of these from a GWP and I think this is the last one. It's ok, but I wouldn't spend my money on it.
Body Shop Argan Body Butterthe product itself works fine but the scent is too heavily floral. I catch whiffs of it throughout the day and wonder where that perfumey smell is coming from, before I realize it's coming from me.
Odacite Clair de Lune Moon Juice setdon't get me wrong, I adore the Clair de Lune serum but this set annoyed me.  In order to get the serum, you used to have to purchase it in this kit with some stupid bottle of aloe rosewater. Now they sell it separately so I'm a happy camper.  This empty is me having finally finished said aloe rosewater. 
Farmacy Green CleanI'm still undecided about this. It took less time (2 months) to use up than my fave Clinique TTDO balm, and costs more. It works well, emulsifies nicely and doesn't need a cloth to be removed but I went through it much quicker than I expected to. And it smells like 7UP, so YMMV on how you feel about that.
Shiseido Cotton - it's cotton.  How excited could I possibly get?

BOTTOM ROW - NOPES:

Spoiler
Drunk Elephant B Hydrathis gel was a P-I-T-A. When I tried it on bare skin, it always ALWAYS gave me a pinprick sting and if I used it daily, I would break out.  I left it for a few months and when I came back to it, I used the rest of it up by applying it over my serums/oils so that it wasn't so close to my skin. That kept it from stinging, but I definitely DEFINITELY would not repurchase this.

What's the best way to apply the Odacite BI+C? I've  been battling breakouts so I wanna try this. Also what's your IG? I'd love to follow you

Mine results in March. 32 product together.

"Pain of the month" award goes to May Lindstom Youth Dew. It was way to heavy for my skin so I ended using it around my eyes (and as a neck cream). I spend more then a month trying to calm down extra oil produce on my face after ML.

IMG_20170401_155517370.jpg

Loves (tried all before)

IMG_20170401_155102879.jpg

Loves (new discoveries, tried for the first time). I really loved to mix Kevyn Aucoin with my BB cream, but I`m not sure, if I need the whole package. Indee Lee oil was used on neck and I like it - not too oily, not too sticky or smelly.IMG_20170401_155315333.jpg Likes

IMG_20170401_155418897.jpg

No-no-no

IMG_20170401_155447327.jpg

I had the same thought about the Youth Dew.  I know people rave about May Lindstrom but that oil is so thick, and I say that as someone who has chronically dry skin after 2 rounds of accutane, and it still seemed too heavy to me.  I also found the smell really noxious.  It took me awhile to use it without gagging.

Yeah, I had so many hopes for this product. Only thing that makes me feel better - it was GWP. If I would pay full amount myself...

8,140 Replies
testing