Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Here are my empties for November 2017. Really good mix of product types this month. 

Love it (definitely will repurchase):

IMG_4223.JPG

Just ok:

IMG_4222.JPG

Disliked it (definitely will not repurchase):

IMG_4221.JPG

November empties had a good mix of foil and deluxe size samples. I’ve made good progress through the foil samples that I’ve accumulated but I’m still working my way through a bin of deluxe samples. It doesn’t help that I fall for the promos with those cute minis all the time😅LovesLovesLikesLikesNopesNopes

RE: Re: Empties

I bet your hair is so healthy and smooth right now @oceanics!

Re: RE: Re: Empties

I have coloured hair and the Caviar shampoo/conditioner has done such a wonderful job at keeping it soft and manageable @juliehnguye. 

My November empties!

IMG_0384.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
Macadamia Professionals Weightless Moisture Shampoo
Lush Lemony Flutter- I used this as a hand cream at night. You need the tiniest amount and it smells like candied lemons. I don't like lemon scents, but I like how this smells.
Philosophy Purity Made Simple- I've been using this daily (a.m.) for about 10 years now. It's not drying and doesn't bother my skin.
Kate Somerville Goat Milk Cream- I've gone through a few jars of these. It's Lightweight moisture but I'm trying something new so I haven't repurchased this yet.
Lush African Paradise Body Conditioner- This is really moisturizing and has a light powder scent that doesn't interfere with perfume. I'm bummed it's being discontinued, this is what I use when I'm out of Snow Fairy.
Shiseido Facial Cotton- Soft, and doesn't fall apart. These are the only cottons I use on my face.
Too Cool For School Egg Cream Mask- One of my favorite masks, it's super hydrating.

Spoiler
Marc Jacobs Lip Gloss- I don't know what color this is, it's not labeled. My one gripe about this is how often I had to reapply it. I mean, I like to think I'm realistic and don't expect gloss to last through meals but sometimes I felt like 2 drinks of water and it's gone. It's sheer, not sticky, and fades gracefully though. I will use up the other minis I have but I'm not sure if I would invest in a full size or not.
Lush Pink Custard Shower Jelly- This smells good and foams up really well. I normally cut these up into small chunks but I think I'm gonna try my next one whole and see how I like it.

Nopes

Spoiler
Skin Laundry Hydrating Mask- My skin reacted to this so I wouldn't try it again. It didn't seem to have enough serum either, when I took it off there wasn't much to be rubbed into the skin.
Origins Ginzing Eye Cream- Not moisturizing enough and it does nothing for puffiness like it claims.

RE: Re: Empties

Love the Egg Creme Mask and Shiseido cotton pads. ❤️ They have been such game-changers for me! And I'm probably the only person that has never tried Lush. I always pass by it in the mall but I never know what to get, especially because I don't like bath bombs (I had a terrible reaction to a bath bomb once and now I'm so scared to use them).

Re: RE: Re: Empties

@juliehnguyen I've actually never tried the bath bombs, because I have such a small tub. I mostly just use shower products by them, although I want to try more of their haircare. 

These are more like September through November empties. As you can see, I didn't use up a lot of stuff the past few months!

l’occitane thé vert & bigarade shower gel - deluxe sample

cerave hydrating cleanser - full size (repurchased)

fresh black tea age delay firming serum - sample

smith’s rose & mandarin lip balm - full size

bath & body works country apple body wash - full size

lancome grandiose mascara - full size (repurchased)

benefit fake-up concealer (medium) - full size (repurchased before they changed the packaging)

November empties 

Loves

1512238078957.jpeg

1512237930443.jpeg

Not for me

Luckily,  my son like the Unani cleanser and used it all. The Earth Tu Face was really greasy and the NYX primer was a crumbly mess.Luckily, my son like the Unani cleanser and used it all. The Earth Tu Face was really greasy and the NYX primer was a crumbly mess.

Samples

All loves, except for the Becca blush--it was too bright on me.All loves, except for the Becca blush--it was too bright on me.

Top row is likes, middle row is hates, and bottom row is ??? Everyone loves the watermelon sleeping mask, but it made me really, really flaky. The Honest primer smelled rancid, and the Dr Roebuck's wasn't even a little moisturizing, but still managed to be greasy af.Top row is likes, middle row is hates, and bottom row is ??? Everyone loves the watermelon sleeping mask, but it made me really, really flaky. The Honest primer smelled rancid, and the Dr Roebuck's wasn't even a little moisturizing, but still managed to be greasy af.

RE: Empties

Buxom Full-on Lip Polish in Erin I think this is my first time completely finishing a lip gloss! This product got me hooked on the tingly sensation of Buxom lip plumpers. Will definitely get more shades!!

My favorite part of trying to be more active on BIC again, saving my trash!

Loves:

love.jpg

Nov2017like.jpeg

Nope:

nov2017no.jpg

I started reacting to non-plain chapstick. The mask and serum were sticky.

Found a few more from November. I DO NOT recommend the li...

Found a few more from November. I DO NOT recommend the lip mask. I got it from boxycharm and tried it last night. I had a bad reaction to it! Its supposed to stay on for 15-20 minutes...I lasted maybe 5 before I took it off. Even after I took it off, my lips burned and tingled and my face was hot and flush. I had to take an allergy pill to cut down on my pain. 😕 I will definitely being giving the rest of them away or throwing them out.

Re: Found a few more from November. I DO NOT recommend the li...

i saw a youtuber try the lip mask - cant remember who - & her reaction made me not even want to try it!

Re: Found a few more from November. I DO NOT recommend the li...

Sorry about the lip mask @Lazybeautybeast! That makes me nervous to try it because I have super sensitive lips. It took me two weeks to recover from one minute of Too Faced Lip Injection! 

How did you like the Hum supplements?

( @MachynesSister I didn't like the lip mask either... it...

( @MachynesSister I didn't like the lip mask either... it actually seemed drying to me and the reviews are not great. I don't think you're missing anything. )

Re: ( @MachynesSister I didn't like the lip mask either... it...

That makes me feel less guilty for throwing it out @fieldsofclover. I hate wasting perfectly good stuff, but I couldn't give it away or try it knowing that a lot of people reacted badly to it.

@MachynesSister I would recommend maybe doing a patch tes...

@MachynesSister I would recommend maybe doing a patch test with some of the gel from the lip mask first since you have sensitive lips. There is a possibility that I have an allergy to something in it as well. But there were quite a few comments on the Boxycharm fb page from people who had the same issue. 😕 My lips have been really dry lately but it was just not a pleasant experience for me. As for the HUM, I don't know that I have seen a difference from the vitamins yet but it can a few months for that. I'm going to order some more and keep trying (I'm kicking myself for not ordering from HUM direct on black Friday). The only difference I have noticed so far is that they don't upset my stomach as much as others.

November EmptiesIMG_3441.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases/staples
-Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
-Hand Chemistry  Intense Youth Complex
-Boscia Sake Brightening Hydrogel Eye Masks
-Manefit Honey Nutrition + Vitalizing Sheet Mask
-Too Cool for School Egg Cream Mask - Hydration
-Shiseido Benefiance WrinkleResist24 Pure Retinol Soothing Eye Masks
-MAC Studio Conceal and Correct Duo (Rich Yellow/Burnt Coral)
-Nars Pure Radiant Moisturizer
-MUFE Step 1 Equalizer Primer - Mattifying
-MUFE Step 1 Equalizer Primer - Hydrating
-Sunday Riley Tidal
-Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser
-Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm
-Origins Clear Improvement Active Charcoal Mask
-Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask with Rose Clay
-La Mer Lip Balm

IMG_3445.jpg

Spoiler
Likes (would repurchase)
-Dr. Locs Jinan Leave-In Conditioner
-Goodal Moisture Barrier Rich Mist
-Make P:rem Soothing Layering Double Mask
-Make P:rem Nourishing Oil Mask
-Neutrogena Deep Clean Purifying Wash-off Clay Mask
-L'Occitane Cleansing and Softening Shower Oil with Almond Oil
-Dr. Jart Dermaclear Micro Water
-Bobbi Brown Eye Opening Mascara
-Farmacy Lip Bloom (Apple Rosemary)
-Missha Super Aqua Cell Renew Snail Hydro-Gel Mask
-Mizon Enjoy Vital-up Time Soothing Mask
-By Nature Avocado + Rice Protein Recharging Face Mask
-Soo AE Donkey Milk Skin Gel Mask
-The Crème Shop Pumpkin Spice Fusion Sheet Mask
-Peach Slices Hydrate Thyme + Morning Calm Flower Sheet Mask
-Ariul 7 Days Mask Bamboo Water - Hydrating & Moisturizing
-Beauty 360 Hydrating Deep Moisture Tissue Facial Mask

IMG_3451.jpg

Spoiler
1st Row - Just ok
-TonyMoly I'm Real Rose Mask Sheet
-Burt's Bees Purifying Sheet Mask
-Algenist Genius White Concentrated Brightening Essence
-Fresh Soy Conditioning Eye Makeup Remover
-Tatch Indigo Smoothing Silk Body Butter

2nd Row - Dislikes
-Burt's Bees Honey & Bilberry Foot Cream
-Origins Raspberry Flower Fusion Sheet Mask

Just a few more empties from November.

Just a few more empties from November.

RE: Empties

My husband threw away my empties trying to be helpful. I couldn't be mad at him. I tried to explain why I was saving them. He said those ladies don't wanna see empty products. They wanna see brand new things. Lol.

October and November empties.
Loves
IMG_5958.JPGLikesIMG_5960.JPGJust ok

IMG_5961.JPG

This wasn't really bad I am just not into neck masks.

8,134 Replies
testing