I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Okay. I think I'll pass then, because I am not a huge baby powder fan. I pictured it as a powder someone put in their underwear (and shook out so it did not travel into unwanted areas). Almost like a powdered perfume of sorts.
Notcreative, Silky Underwear is along the lines of baby powder but slightly different. It has extremely finely grated cocoa butter in it so it moisturizes but it also absorbs sweat. It is meant as a "underwear" dusting powder to both absorb unwanted sweat and reduce friction. It has a beautiful light scent (jasmine and vetiver I believe). I think it helps reduce shave irritation really well. The reviews on their site show people find all kinds of creative uses for it! I go through a ton of them every year (hate the smell of baby powder and hate the idea of using talc). A tiny bit goes a long way!
I love looking at other people's trash here is mine:
- L'Occitane crème- went through this rather quickly but already bought another one
- Tatcha hand cream- I already bought the full size
- TNS eye cream sample - this was a nice, light cream but wish it came in a pump or tube and not a jar.
- Chanel Sublimage eye cream: I really saw a difference using this but sometimes had it "pill" a bit on my skin. I would definitely repurchase if it came in a pump.
- Vichy deodorant- this worked really well but the scent was kind of masculine. I prefer the sensitive/unscented version
- Kerastase hair cream- worked well and not as heavily scented as most of their products. I may repurchase if I don't try something new instead
- Algenist cream- I really liked the texture of this one, might buy a full size
- CereVe lotion- I had to mix this with a heavier cream because it wasn't enough on it's own but liked the exfoliation
Would not repurchase:
- chanel hand cream- not really moisturizing enough for me but I was determined to finish it because I liked the scent and I like the packagin. It took well over a year so I am surprised I actually finished it. I used a lot of other products in the interim that I liked better.
Ooh you liked the Tatcha hand cream!? I have uber dry skin in the winter (sensitive) on my hands, and I have been wanting to give this a try. Trying to use my lotions and potions in the cupboard first! Love to hear what you think of the Tatcha...
I only had a deluxe sample/ travel size so don't have extensive experience. When I first tried it I thought it didn't do much and stuck it in a drawer, then revisited it and used it exclusively for a couple of days. I noticed my hands didn't dry out as much as usual after washing. It feels light but actually seems quite moisturizing, if that makes sense. It's been a few weeks so don't remember about scent, but I liked that it was a blue-grey color but faded instantly. It kind of looks like blueberry yogurt Tatcha offers free shipping on all orders as well as ability to choose samples and they sell "travel" sizes of a lot of the products including hand cream. I got it is a promo so not sure of the cost. Full size is $30 or $40, I think. Pricey, but I liked it enough to buy the full size.
I love looking through other people's trash as well. This is one of my favorite threads.
I got a foil of that L'Occitane a while back and really liked it. One day, I will buy it.
I have empties! I've been saving them for months! Everything is laid out on a t-shirt because my coffee table's glass. Please ignore the ghetto-ness. Let me know if you are curious about anything. The Smashbox and Benefit foundations are just old hence the trashing.
The stuff on the BTS mascara is tape residue, sorry.
I finally made it through a face base (Big Easy)..... Wow. I can't believe it. I actually... ACTUALLY finished a big product like that. Hahaha. Won't be buying it again. There's not a lot of shades out there and this one would make my face look pink.
As much as I love the YSL touche eclat, I don't think I'll be buying it this year because it's pretty expensive and I'm trying to not buy any makeup anymore. What I love about it though is that I didn't have to wear foundation, I just used this and my face looked flawless... okay I might buy it if I see a discount somewhere? Hahaha.
Definitely buying the Laura Mercier polish once I'm done with all the scrubs I have at the moment.
As far as the mascaras. love them all. But I still have too many right now... soooooo.. yes.
I also love the Benefit Fake up but it costs too much and if it's anything like this little sample, good luck making it last more than a month. Hahaha.
I want to say that my full size Fake-up lasted at least a good 6 months of regular (4+ times per week) use. It's possible that I have an exceptionally light hand compared to others, but I thought the full size had a respectable amount of product.
I've noticed you using that in the WAYWT thread. You have me intrigued. I'm not sure if I can get over my Walmart hatred enough to go check it out, but I am intrigued.
It's 6 bucks and they don't test on animals.. hard candy is the only thing i buy from wal mart unless i'm in desperate need of some groceries, since that one is the closest thing we have here to buying food and well. sometimes produce is cheaper there! :s I got it in a shade way too light cause ic ouldn't find the one before that but it doesn't look bad, i just look more awake! lol serioiusly though, it doesn't crease on me or anything, it's fantastic and you get .71 oz