Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Great job. Every time I load that Evian water in my cart, I just cannot seem to check out with it. 

Great job, @sparklekai!  (Good call on the lipsticks if their smell has turned).

Wow @sparklekai, so many makeup empties, great on you using things up!!

most of those are have been in the works for a long time! i probably could have gotten another use or 2 out of the kvds but the smell has changed

When there is a smell, texture changes to product, especially lip products its time to throw it away! @sparklekai

-Makeup Forever Ultra HD foundation:

I liked this when applying with a brush. If I used a beauty blender, it became too sheer. Would purchase again, but isn’t my top fave

-KVD Lock it concealer:

Didn’t like the consistency on this one... went kind of patchy on my skin

C65EC4B9-CABF-42C5-B85D-936DF4A9D8F3.jpeg

Congratulations on finishing them up, @Guessgal!

Thanks @curlychiquita! My friend and I always joke that I can only finish foundations while she runs through concealers 🙈😛

Empties. If you want to know my feelings on anything specific, I’m happy to provide more details.

48211DF2-0E39-4D51-AB07-11A2CE956371.jpeg

C483A92C-C436-4B2E-B555-4ECC0B1F38F1.jpeg

E6752A09-43A3-4334-9388-551830337A29.jpeg

FC18E624-2B78-4499-B3CE-9A2EFA7E148C.jpeg

FB686E9E-089D-4345-886C-5167EC090D4D.jpeg

238B0F03-4014-4D9D-8A88-C0509F9CC2A1.jpeg

Already have repurchased or have backups of the pink baby choux primer, the jurlique serum, the down to the pores strips, the maybelline foundations, the bare escentual well rested under eye powder, and the alterna kendi dry oil spray.  

Would love to know more about the pore strip. Is it just like a Biore Pore strip or that Sephora charcoal one?

January empties!

Deets in the spoilers 😄
LovesLoves

Spoiler
Andalou Naturals Meyer Lemon + C Creamy Cleanser: I haven't tried many creamy cleansers before (this is my second one ever), but I really really liked it. Clean and fresh without being dry and tight. I have ten thousand hundred other cleanser samples I want to get through, but this is definitely on my radar if I ever have to buy something. Sadly, I think Ulta is discontinuing the brand, so I may never see it again 😞

FAB Ultra Repair Cream: a bit of fudgery going on here...I made enough room in my tub to empty these packets into it, but technically I haven't used the product yet 😛 Love this stuff...I have one dry elbow that cracks so badly it feels like 10,000 needles are poking it, but this keeps it at bay.

FAB Facial Radiance Pads: same fudgery as with the cream...just refilled my tub. I did use some this month, but probably not that many.

Bath & Body Works Twisted Peppermint body lotion: My favorite of their recurring holiday scents. Have more in my cabinet already, along with 857 other BBW lotions (and shower gels) 😮

Algenist Genius Ultimate Anti-Aging Eye Cream: Actually seemed to help with at least the finest lines around my eyes. Nothing miraculous, but I was still impressed. I'm also prone to milia around my eyes/temples, but this caused zero issues. I have another sample lined up (but am grudgingly using other samples for a bit, hoping I find something else I like that may be cheaper).

Skyn Iceland Fresh Start Mask: ADORE. It's a two-part mask that bubbles, cools, AND warms all at different stages. And it makes my skin feel absolutely incredible. I have way too many masks to go through, but once I clear some samples out, I will absolutely buy this.

Drybar Detox Dry Shampoo: I did not want to love this, and it has enough cons that I think I can talk myself out of buying it...but overall it's probably the best dry shampoo I've tried. It works so very well for me and leaves the least residue of any I've had. I'm not that keen on the scent though, and I hate how much it squirts out at one time (one second on the button and my bathroom is consumed by a dustcloud), so I don't think I'll spring for the full size, but I will be very eager to get more sample/travel sizes in the future.

Andalou Naturals Clementine + C Illuminating Toner: I went on a kick to eliminate witch hazel as a test (some folks swear it helped their skin...not sure it did much for me, but it was worth a shot). It's a glycolic acid toner, possibly similar to the Pixi Glow Tonic folks rave about, but without the witch hazel so many toners seem to have. I love this stuff, and have two more bottles in the cabinet. Glad I stocked up on it...it's gone from Ulta's site, so I'll probably be hunting a new toner again sometime this year 😞

Zoya Remove+: Love it and have several smaller bottles already 😄

Ulta cotton rounds: fine and dandy for me. I've tried Shiseido, but I'm just too rough on them. 

BBW candles: always a staple for me. I used to adore Yankee Candle, but more and more, I find the BBW give me a better scent when burning.

Would use again if they found their way to me, but probably wouldn't buyWould use again if they found their way to me, but probably wouldn't buy

Spoiler
Leaders Pore Gone For Good mask: perfectly fine. I don't think I'm a big fan of sheet masks in general. I have a handful more in my cabinet, but I won't go out of my way to get more

Dove Refresh+Care dry shampoo: nothing special. Did an ok job, smelled fine. Would use samples but likely wouldn't purchase.

Calvin Klein Deep Euphoria: I sheepishly admit I don't remember what it smelled like, which tells me it wasn't a standout in either direction. Must have been ok but nothing spectacular.

Sebastian Twisted Styling Creme: Not bad. It's a little heavier/stiffer than my usual Bumble Don't Blow It. It doesn't weigh my hair down, but I can feel it...it's not quite "crunchy", but there's definitely a stiff texture from it. Would use again simply to stretch my Bumble a bit further, but wouldn't buy.

m-61 Power Glow Peel: I found these in the bottom of a box...forget I even had them. A perfectly lovely product that I like but will never ever buy based on some other issues I had with blueMercury. 

Peter Thomas Roth Max Complexion Correction Pads: The "peach bellini" scent is kinda stinky, but otherwise, I didn't have a problem. Only having one doesn't leave much to evaluate...would need to try more before deciding to buy.

Sunday Riley Good Genes: I was a bit relieved and a bit disappointed that this wasn't the holy grail for me that it seems to be for so many others. I have one or two more that I will rotate back into my routine later, but I really didn't see much difference.

Ulta 3-in-1 Smoothie: Eh, fine as a body wash. Seemed to lose its lather rather quickly though...kept having to reload my pouf halfway through washing. Which is fine...it meant I finished it up twice as quickly and cleared samples out faster.

Burt's Bees Pomegranate lip balm: this used to be my favorite balm ever, and I have somehwere around a dozen more in my drawer (what can I say...when I like something, I go nuts...), but I also have several other balms in use now as I try to find something better. It's great to carry in my pocket, and will be a staple for me for a long time to come since I have so many, but I may or may not rebuy, depending on if I find something I like better. 

Dermalogica Nightly Lip Treatment: Odd texture for a lip product; it's more of a lotion that sinks in, and didn't leave much of a balm or glossy feeling. I crave that balmy feeling, to the point of almost being OCD with my balm habits (there's always one within reach). It did leave my lips soft and moisturized, but I was always following it up with regular balm anyways, so this was a bit pointless for me. Would use more just to use it up, but wouldn't go out of my way to get it.

Philosophy Microdelivery Triple Acid Brightening Peel: Barely even remember using this...I don't recall having strong feelings either way, so it must have just been fine.

Nope nope nopeNope nope nope

Spoiler
Clinique Sun Kissed Face Gelee: I didn't pay much attention before I opened this; for some reason, I was thinking "tinted moisturizer". Not even close...it's more of gel bronzer. I dunno wtf to do with regular powder bronzer, so I'm even more clueless with this. I added a bit to my tinted moisturizer a couple of times, but wound up tossing the rest.

Tom Ford Neroli Portofino: soapy hospital disinfectant is never up my alley

Origins GinZing Peel Off Mask: this is soooooooo pretty, a lovely shimmery, shifty copper color that is just so fun to look at. Then you try to peel it off, and it shreds into 537 pieces. Per cheek!! Never again! 

Great job, @RGbrown! Thank you for your detailed reviews.  They really help!

RE: Empties

My January empties!

Re: RE: Empties

How is that Exfolikate cleanser? I love the scrub so I've thought about trying that one.

Re: RE: Empties

Congratulations, @samkeaysxo!

Empties

Last set of empties for January. I have already repurchased the tarte opening act, Boscia cleansing water, lash food, and smashbox eye primer. I would consider buying the Sephora brush cleanser, Dr. Brandt Pore dermabrasion, the Laura Mercier powder, and the CR shampoo again if my staples ran out and I want to mix it up. The right side are declutters. The brushes are falling a part, the foundation sample I thought I could use as a bronzer but it didn't work, I can't stand the smell of the C-firm serum (I feel like it may have oxidized because it was a dark orange color and smelled like burnt oranges), and the 2 mascara minis are dried out.

Do you like that Perricone moisturizer? I am thinking of stopping the one I am using (for a while) and opening that one.

@notcreative I was not a big fan of it actually. It was k...

@notcreative I was not a big fan of it actually. It was kind similar to the PTR water drench (just kind of) which is my fav. But it left my skin greasy and I wasn't a fan of the smell. I ended up giving it to my BF to finish. In it's defense, my mom decluttered and gave it to me last summer and I have no idea how long she had it before it. Not sure if that helps or not.

Re: @notcreative I was not a big fan of it actually. It was k...

Perricone products do have quite the scent. That does help. I will just finish what I am using now and open it next. I really hate having multiples of one type of product open but I already had something opened when that one arrived. Resisting the urge to tear into it while it is still somewhat cold out has been hard.

Congratulations, @Lazybeautybeast!  De-cluttering brushes is a must for me, too.  I use and clean mine so often that they start to get raggedy after a while.

I recently did a huge clean-out of my beauty products but these are some empties from this month. Jan.Empties.2018.jpg

Most I'd repurchase (and already have) but not the Japonesque Setting Spray; has the worst spray nozzle and literally spits these big drops on your skin before it turns into a heavy wet spray... no soft, even mist with this one. New favorite deep conditioner is that Palmer's Olive Oil for frizz free hair. 

And yes, I threw in that no-brand name candle LOL. It smelled heavenly! I have to find it, thinking it's from Target. I don't know but I need more.

8,134 Replies
testing