Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@Aaliaa I had the same experience as @notcreative with them. Took about 5 days to peel, and peeled for about a week after that. Did not come off in one big sheet/peel. Was very flakey and had to wear socks the whole time to keep flakes out of the bed/off the floors etc. The process was kind of gross in that sense but the results were definitely noticeable and I bought more with the ulta 20%. 

Thanks for the info @CC3616 @notcreative! Glad to know the peeling starts later and I should wear socks, will definitely time it accordingly! 

I loved it. The funny thing is I thought it was not going to work at first, because it took about a week before peeling even began. Once it started, it took almost a week to finish. They were the first ones I had ever tried and them working so well gave me the courage to buy more from other brands. I am about to try a new one soon.

January resultsLovesLoves

Likes, not planning to purchaseLikes, not planning to purchase

Kinda mehKinda meh

No. Didn’t know Ben finish. It feels like clayNo. Didn’t know Ben finish. It feels like clay

I am working on a sample of that 111Skin eye gel and the darn thing never pumped (using a Q-Tip). Did yours actually pump?

I pressed pump like million times, before something came out. But after day or two pump stopped to work and got broken 😞 so I got mad and used leftovers on my neck. I love when samples aren’t packed in foils and I don’t have to dip fingers in it, but this was annoying. Overall, I tried many samples from 111 Skin and honestly I don’t think that they are worth the price.

Yeah, I am not impressed with this one either, which makes the Q Tip application even more of a pain. I keep telling myself to use it long enough in a row to give it a fair review, but between the hassle and enjoying so many cheaper eye creams more, I have not been able to finish it yet.

Great job finishing so many products,  @Sansara, & thanks for your feedback! 

Another empty!  This one caught me by surprise I thought I had more than it did.  I'm not in love with this.  It's OK but since it contains both dimethicone and alcohol (not the good kind), I will not be purchasing the full size.

IMG_5629.JPG

Bummer. I had not even looked at the ingredients (nor have I even started it), but I was interested in trying my sample of this. Now, I am not sure if I want to.

OK.. I hope I'm not annoying people by posting my one empty once it happens.  I just can't keep empties and hold them until the end of the month as once they're done, they go into the recycling bin and out the door.  

Now this is a trial size part of a trio trial package.  This line has saved my hair.  Pretty much my whole life, my hair has been on the dry side (it's also thick/coarse). For the past few years, my hair got worse (super dry) and also started becoming frizzy (who knew straight hair could get frizzy also) and dull.  I'd heard great reviews about this line so I decided to buy the trial size to give it a good chance.  And this has worked amazingly well.  I didn't see a drastic change immediately but it was a gradual one.  I also don't use any other products on my hair (yep, no gel, or hairspray or other oils, etc).  Which means that I don't put any silicone products on my hair.  This has resulted in my natural hair shine returning, not being so frizzy and nowhere near as dry as it was.  I finished the trial size shampoo/conditioner last year and I purchased the full size shampoo/conditioner then and more recently the full size leave in conditioner.  Absolutely LOVE this and so does my hair.

IMG_5627.JPG

False alarm!  I tused it today as I was able to spray out enough for my hair and then I unscrewed the top and I have at least 1 more use out of it!  I'm definitely getting my money's worth 🙂

I do what you do, @b3autygrl - post as I empty because everything gets recycled or goes in the trash right away.  Sometimes they make it into the trash before I can post.  I'm glad you love your new Briogeo leave in conditioner!

@b3autygrl Some people don't post pics at all, they just list them. I understand if you don't want to hold onto trash 🙂

@b3autygrl

If everyone had the same style, whether with makeup, hair, or posting empties, the world would be a very boring place. Post 'em in whatever manner works for you ☺️

January EmptiesIMG_3823.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases
-Gold Bond Healing Foot Cream
-Ren Ultra Moisture Day Cream
-Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum
-Neutrogena Body Oil 
-Nars Pro-Prime Smudge Proof Eyeshadow Base
-Aquaphor
-Fresh Lotus Youth Preserve Face Cream
-Nugg Anti-Aging Face Mask
-Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter (Vanilla Apricot)
-Coconut Oil
-Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Body Butter (Juicy Mango)
-Sephora Coconut Water Cleansing Wipes
-The Crème Shop Honey Lavender Fusion Sheet Mask

IMG_3828.jpg

Spoiler
Likes (would repurchase)
-S.W. Basics Cream
-Caudalie Glycolic Peel Mask
-Sephora Bright Future Concealer 
-Mario Badescu Enzyme Cleansing Gel
-La Roche-Posay Toleriane Hydrating Gentle Cleanser
-Cerave Foaming Facial Cleanser
-Dr. Jart Ceramidin Cream 
-Pixi Glow Mud Cleanser
-Caudalie Premier Cru The Elixir
-Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair
-Kate Somerville Retinol Firming Eye Cream
-LaMer The Eye Balm Intense (Actually, this was just ok and I wouldn't purchase)
-Belif Moisturizing Eye Bomb
-June Jacobs Perfect Pumpkin Peeling Enzyme Masque
-The Crème Shop Pomegranate Cranberry Fusion Sheet Mask
-Cremorlab Herb Tea Pure Calming Mask
-Mario Badescu Facial Spray with Aloe, Cucumber, and Green Tea (I usually buy the rosewater version, but now this is my favorite)
-NIOD Superoxide Dismutase Saccharide Mist

IMG_3821.jpg

Spoiler
Just ok
-By Nature Seaweed + Aloe Vera Skin Soothing Face Mask
-Masqueology Collagen Hydrogel Goldmask
-The Crème Shop Peppermint Oil Infused Face Mask
-Yes to Grapefruit Brightening Sleeping Mask
-TonyMoly I'm Real Cherry Blossom Mask Sheet
-Yes to Cotton Comforting Mud Mask
-Shea Moisture Daily Hydration Milk Mask
-Cover FX Mattifying Primer with Anti-Acne Treatment
-Thank You Farmer Miracle Age Repair Eye Cream
-Jergens Wet Skin Moisturizer

That's a great collection of empties, @MoniDJ!  Good job for the month!

Empties for Jan!Love and have already re-purchasedLove and have already re-purchased

Spoiler
I am worried that this Neutrogena is being discontinued bc it was so hard to find. My skin LOVES this Cleanser. It's been a staple for me for years and I always come back to it when my skin is having problems. Amazon Pantry had two in stock, do I bought them both 😬  

Likes. Would use again.Likes. Would use again.

Nope. Nope. Double nope.Nope. Nope. Double nope.

RE: Re: Empties

How did you find the Klairs toner?

That's great, @Susubee!  I purchased some backups of OleHenricksen Truth Serum during the Jan skincare event.  It really is good!

January empties

IMG_0464.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
Macadamia Professionals Nourishing Hair Mask- I've been using this for more than a year, I always repurchase it.
Dermadoctor KP Duty Body Scrub- This is my first jar of this and I already repurchased it. It's one of the few scrubs I can use on my chest without irritating it. It has this oil in it that sticks to your skin after rinsing, and it just feels soft but not greasy. It's effective at exfoliating but doesn't leave you running to grab moisturizer.
Bioderma- I use this as a first cleanse at night. I used to rely on just one cleanser but I've been using thicker sunscreens lately and this stuff is good for getting it all off. It doesn't remove mascara though, so that's a bummer.
Peter Thomas Roth 24K mask- This is another mask I always repurchase. I just wake up with nice plump and smooth skin.

Spoiler
Sephora Pearl Eye Mask- I feel like all Sephora brand eye masks do the same thing, so this didn't stand out but I liked using it.
Anastasia Lip Gloss in Metallic Rose- This was such a pretty color, like the name says it was a metallic rose. My gripe with it would be the fact that it would find it's way onto my teeth if I wasn't careful. 
Tom Ford Waterproof Extreme Mascara- This makes my eyelashes look thicker and super pretty, but flakes during application. Once it's on and dries it won't budge though. It dried up sooo quick too. I just don't like it enough to repurchase it.
Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask- This is really good for texture on the skin. 

Nopes

Spoiler
Caudalie Hand Cream- I've used this before and remember it being more moisturizing. Now it does nothing for me so I won't try it again.
8,134 Replies
testing