Empties

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Nothing I really didn't enjoy this month!  

Spoiler
loves
the micro delivery wash from philosophy has been in my wash rotation for years
amika dry shampoo smells great, but a little pricey for how much I go through
better than sex mascara- my favourite thus far
bumble and bumble hairdressers oil primer. Love this stuff, lightweight, smells great, makes my hair soft
alterna cc creme - great for my dry ends, there's enough promos for this I never pay for it!
batiste dry shampoo - my everyday or every other day dry shampoo

coconut milk shampoo and conditioner - would buy again, it's good but not amazing
smashbox primer water - I'm not sure about how much this primes or sets but it feels nice.
fresh eye makeup remover- nice but I'm not super picky about remover so long as it removes
smashbox primer oil- was nice in the winter with drier weather
pixi colour corrector- nice but I'll still looking for something better
MUFE setting spray - nice but not as good as urban decay
sephora sleeping mask- nice but nothing groundbreaking

meh...
sephora bronzer-- this is years old, I don't really wear shimmer bronzer these days but I remember liking it well enough when I used it more often
nail polish remover... I usually buy whatever is at the drug store, this worked but again, nothing to get excited about.

image.jpeg

Sounds like a really good month.  What do you like about the Bb Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Primer?  I have a sample hanging around, but haven't tried it yet.

I've been putting off trying that Alterna CC sample long enough. Glad you love it. Will finally try it soon.

(0) Hearts

I know.  Me too.  I have a lot of what seem like really good hair samples but I'm pretty set in my styling routine so I rarely get to them unless I'm traveling.

@notcreative, @kelloua  I'm can be kind of rough with my hair. I know that some things I do aren't good ideas.... But I do brush from wet every other day or more, I have bleached peakaboo purple highlights, a head full of my 'natural' colour, I blow dry or flat iron at least twice a week, and I wear my hair up daily for work.

I find that if I use the primer right out of the shower it's much easier to brush.  I have dry ends and greasy roots so I tend to concentrate the spray at my ends and brush throughout.  It makes my hair less frizzy and more soft/smooth.  I also love the scent and that it doesn't get greasy if I over apply.  

The alterna CC creme I use only on my ends.  It's helped slow down the speed at which my split ends return after a trim and makes the overall look of my hair less 'frayed'.  

Ive just started into mid/higher range hair care over the last year or two more consistently and can't believe the difference it's made!

[ Edited ]

IMG_4263.JPG

Loves:

Spoiler
  • Kat von D Tattoo liner in Trooper *the hype is real on this and I've already purchased the full size. Great Sephora Play! find Smiley Very Happy 
  • Essence waterproof eye pencil 
  • Angels on Bare Skin cleanser - holy grail, already repurchased. 
  • Oatifx face mask. Great mask to hydrate skin and it also smells like banana bread! Smiley Very Happy
  • Celebrate hand and body lotion - SO SAD THIS IS ONLY SEASONAL Smiley Sad
  • May Coop Raw Sauce - holy grail, already repruchased. 
  • Dr. Coopers Miracle Repair Serum - great stuff, great ingredients at a great price. 

Neutral:

Spoiler
    Erborian Crème Scrub Beautifying Exfoliating Pearls - It was okay. Non-irritating and smooth. Nothing life-changing though. 

Hates:

• Spoiler
    Clinique Super Antioxidant Night Moisturizer - this stuff sucks. Despite being marketed as lightweight, it is extremely thick. It also NEVER sinks into your skin so you look like a greased bowling ball for eternity. I just used it up cuz it was expensive. Never again. 

Really want to try the May Coop and Angels on Bare Skin.

I had a sample and finally tried it and really loved it! Will be buying soon

The May coop is on my to try list once I get through the three full sized toners I have lined up.

I LOVE Angels on Bare Skin!!!

Great job on the empties.  It looks like you made it through a lot of big products.  I too really love Celebrate and wish it wasn't seasonal.  I hoarded my second container for so long because I didn't want to be out of it and just realized that I held onto it so long it is now expired.  Oops.  Like it so much I'll take a chance!

I also have May Coop Raw Sauce waiting for me.  Can't wait to try it.  Have seen so many rave views.

(0) Hearts

I love AOBS.  That's the product that first got me into skincare in my early 20s.  It never fails to make my skin feel smooth like a baby's butt.

Empties time!  Mine are really paltry.  It seems to take me forever to use anything up.  Only one clunker this month, so that's something.  

Loves: 

CAM00255.jpg

Spoiler
Loves: 
Dr Jart- Waterfuse Hydrogel Mask
Tom Ford Noir pour Femme
Burts Bees- Eucalyptus Mint Candle
First Aid Beauty- Red Clay Cleanser
Murad- AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cleanser

CAM00256.jpg

Spoiler
Likes; 
First Aid Beauty- Hydrating Serum
Bumble and Bumble- Full Potential Booster Spray
Lancome- Absolue Premium Night Cream
Bumble and Bumble- Hairdressers Invisible Oil

Nope: CAM00257.jpg

Spoiler
Nope: 
Kate Somerville- Nourish Hydrating Firming Mist

(0) Hearts

I'd love to read where the Nourish Hydrating Firming Mist went wrong. That is something I've been wanting to try.

(0) Hearts

Basically, it's not firming at all.  It's just a decent, gentle toner, which I can get for half the price of Kate Somerville.

I think these are great empties!  Not paltry at all.

[ Edited ]

The Dr Jart mask was in my loves too!

I love those Burts bees candles too 😊

I was shocked to find them so cheap at Wal-Mart.  $5 for a highly scented, soy wax candle.  I need to go get some more.

(0) Hearts

I had no idea they even made candles!

^^I have the same sentiments! I love the pink one. They smells so delicious! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments