Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@Cissy63 

Yes, that banana mask is fun! Nice hydration too, which is always a good thing!

@RGbrown  Impressive! I feel like the BB shampoo conditioner use to be in a blue bottle maybe. I use to use it and loved it. If you try it again I’m interested in your thoughts!

Very detailed break down of your monthly empties @RGbrown thank you!

I have never seen Hemp lotion in that variety here before, the hands and feet type. Neat!

(My feet do well with the thicker CeraVe or Aquaphor)

🙂

@CynthieLu 

The Hempz was from the holidays two (three? 😬) years ago. They seem to put a foot cream out every now and again, but I don't think it's a regular product for them. It was passable, but I bought a ton on clearance before I realized it wasn't my fave, so I rotate it with creams I like better lol. I think I've only got one left finally 😅 (ETA: nope, that was my last one!)

It takes me awhile to go through foot creams too @RGbrown 

oh The best hempz scent I remember was a grapefruit one so many years ago, but it was gooood 🙂

@RGbrown Another great monthly line-up! I love that ULTA banana face mask! 🙂

@QueenMarceline 

Ulta sheet masks can be hit or miss, but the banana one is a pretty decent hit! 🍌

@RGbrown Agreed. Was so happy when I found it, it's probably my favorite ULTA sheet mask to date. ❤️

Big batch this time, a little over a month's worth! 🗑

YTD 294

IMG_20220811_181653464.jpg

Spoiler
Bad Habit Wake Things Up Matcha & Mint Morning Cleanser: stinky, I caught neither matcha nor mint in this. Felt the mint if I got it in my eye though 😕 Overall it was a decent cleanser, but I just couldn't get along with the scent (and this is coming from someone that grew to like the scent of Tula's cleanser...)

Butter London Nail Foundation: still my favorite ridge filling base coat, though I keep trying others to find something less expensive. It works so well considering how deep some of mine are, and the beige tint is a plus in helping to cover a bit of my staining.

Vichy Mineral 89: simple hyaluronic serum, nice extra layer of moisture when I need it. Soaks in well, doesn't disagree with or cause issues with anything else in my routine. 

TonyMoly Changing U Peppermint Foot Cream: mediocre cream, and the peppermint scent is quite metallic. Glad I'm done with all I had.

SJP Stash Luxe Body Creme: not what I'd call a lux cream at all, it's a fairly thin lotion, but I adore this scent and am crushed it has been discontinued. I've got another tube I'll ration out for the rest of eternity lol

L'Oreal Curve It Curl Taming Gel Cream: I didn't love this enough to buy it again, but I also didn't hate it. I'd get bored and set it off to the side for a while, trying something else, but I was always willing came back to it. Decent frizz control, and nice definition. Would use again, but for now I'm looking forward to trying other stuff again.

We Are Paradoxx Secret Weapon 3-in-1 Conditioner: I use this as a leave-in after a shower, right before I put my hair up in my turban, and I love it enough that I have a brand new bottle already in use. This reduces frizz and helps keep my curls neat, no matter what shampoo or conditioner I use.

Hempz Fresh Snowberry & Vanilla Creme lotion: one of last year's holiday offerings, this was a fresh fruity scent, not overly sweet, bright raspberry, maybe, with a hint of spice? Lovely scent, and I like Hempz's lotion formula well enough to risk purchasing other scents that sound like they might tickle my fancy.

Ulta Frosted Berry Body Sorbet: I adore their sorbets, they are so amazingly thick and creamy, fantastic for drier skin and/or winter months. They soak in well and don't feel greasy. This was a holiday scent that I wish they'd carry year round.

CeraVe Hydrating Cleanser: just a basic staple. I rarely wash my face in the mornings anymore, but when I do, this is what I'm most likely to use.

Valjean Labs Vitamin E + Ferulic Acid serum: I used this to amp up my vitamin C and it worked well for that. No scent, soaked in well, no piling or other obnoxious behavior. I've put my vitamin C on hold for a bit, but when I get back to it, I've got some other serums to use up before considering this again.

Skyn Iceland The Antidote Daily Cooling Lotion: I adore this stuff after a day in the heat. Very light moisturizer, probably not enough for me in winter, but it's a fun summer treat from time to time.

Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask: my absolute laziest nights mean a face wipe and sleeping cream...love this one for that dialed back routine. No scent, great moisture.

Ulta Juice Infused Lip Oil: I love these! The packaging isn't as fancy as Dior or Clarins, but I find the product inside to be extremely comparable to both.

Dionis Goat Milk Lip Balm Vanilla Bean: these are such a nice value, jumbo stick for $5. Good vanilla scent, not too sweet or cloying, and decent enough moisture for a basic balm. Have several more in my stash.

Ellis Brooklyn Apres: very one-note to me, just cedar, and while I love cedar, I didn't like this at first, it was a bit overwhelming. A second try had me a little more open-minded, and as it wore, it softened, still very cedar heavy, but not as stringent, it became warm and cozy, aaaaand now I love it. I have not played with layering it with anything, but I bet it would be a fantastic way to add some depth and warmth to many summer scents, bringing them into the fall and winter months.  

IMG_20220811_181014076.jpg

Foot masks are always a fun treat for me, and both of these were good. I adore peppermint, but the banana one was a nice diversion too.

Sephora wipes...these are ancient, but did their job well, no problems.

Olay Regenerist Whip Moisturizer: I'd actually like to try this again, but I also noticed Ulta doesn't carry it anymore, just the SPF version, so I dunno if it's being discontinued or if Ulta is just swapping out the products they carry. It's a lightweight moisturizer, good moisture for me, no scent. I had some breakouts while trying it, but I discovered something else I was using at the same time had an ingredient I've been trying to avoid, so my test got all effed up and I dunno which one was the culprit.

System Professional Smoothen shampoo & mask: reminded me an awful lot of Wella Fusionplex (my absolute fave) and considering SP is a Wella brand, I'm not shocked by this. These left my hair soft and smooth and with minimal frizz, much like my beloved Wella. SP seems to have pulled out of North America or something though...the only place I can find it is from EU sites. In any case, it's way more expensive that Wella so I wasn't considering a purchase anyways, but if I were to happen on some leftover stock at an Ulta or even one of the discount stores, I'd consider it with the right price. 

IMG_20220811_180130846.jpg

Sheet masks: all done with my 2022 stash! Most were fine; did not care for the TonyMoly snail hydrogel (the mesh embedded in the gel was itchy, and the dang thing wouldn't stop sliding down), I'm not a fan of milky serums like in the Lapcos ceramide, and the SOS Warming mask was weirdly sticky and gooey. The rest were all nice though, decently hydrating, and I don't recall any weird scents.  

IMG_20220811_180444558.jpg

Candles, all fine to great

IMG_20220811_181138009.jpg

Made a new batch of cuticle oil...added all of the above to a 4oz bottle of jojoba oil, and tossed out the last of my well-used, 3 year old pens that leaked like crazy these days.

IMG_20220811_180905012.jpg

Destashes: all are expired, gone bad, or otherwise didn't agree with me. Slowly but surely I'm weeding out the hoards of stuff I've gone overboard collecting in the past 

@RGbrown  Holy moly!!!’ Great job!!! I’m working through my covid horsing also 🤣

@RGbrown Wow! This is quite the big batch of items, great job this month! I've had good experiences with SKYN Iceland products and would love to try out that Antidote Cooling Lotion. That Hempz Fresh Snowberry & Vanilla Creme sounds like quite the lovely scent as well! If I didn't have an abundance of lotions heading into this winter season, I would definitely add that to my list. 

How did you enjoy the TonyMoly Banana foot mask? I'm currently on a banana kick and that one seems like something I'd totally enjoy! ❤️🍌

@QueenMarceline 

The banana foot mask was fun! Nice banana scent, and good moisture. I like to kick back with one after a long day of yard work, and it was a fab treat! ❣️

@RGbrown I'll definitely have to give this a go! Thank you for sharing. 

Another belated monthly post, but hey that's life! This June was less fruitful of a month than I hoped it would be but I'm hoping for a higher turnout this July! 🙂

Key:

❤️Red Heart= I've used this product for a long time now. It's one of my tried/trues, I'll continue to buy it.

💛Yellow/Orange Heart= I've used this product for a long time now, I like it enough to continue repurchasing.

💝Ribbon Wrapped Pink Heart= A relatively new product I've been trying but I'm liking it a lot so far.

🖤Black Heart: A loved but discontinued product. 

👩Shrugging Girl Emoji= I haven't used this product enough to formulate a strong opinion about it. (It's "okay")

👍Thumbs Up= I'm liking this this product. Nothing revolutionary, but I like it enough to try it again/maybe repurchase.

👎Thumbs Down= I'm not liking this product and I won't be repurchasing. 

IMG-0640.JPG

Additional Thoughts:

Spoiler
Earth Therapeutics Tea Tree Cooling Foot Scrub: Not a bad scrub, I've been using this one for quite some time. It doesn't have as much of a cooling effect as I'd like it to but it's a good one to have on hand. This is a nice economical and underrated brand overall 🙂

Herbivore Amethyst Scrub: I thought the Coco Rose version of this scrub was a bit too "thin" for my personal preferences but I really enjoyed the smell of that one. This one however, doesn't smell very good to me at all. Won't be repurchasing this one since it doesn't check any of the boxes. Womp womp. 

Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Oil: I've been using this oil for about half a decade one. I swear by this as an all around, multi-purpose neutral oil. If I had to choose to use one oil in my skincare for the rest of my life, I'd have to choose this one due to versatility. I've used this on my face as a daily spa task, as a ointment for razr burns, as a lip oil and the list goes on. Truly something I'll probably always have on hand. 

IMG-0641.JPG

Additional Thoughts:

Spoiler
Dove Anti-Perspirant Deodorant Spray in Rose Petals Scent: I slept on this product for so long until I was forced to pick one up when my luggage got lost on a vacation. This is what they were selling at my resort and I ended up loving the feel and performance of it. I ventured out over the years in trying out different scents but this one is definitely one of my go-to fragrances in this product. I love that it doesn't leave behind reside, that it works and the fact it comes in such a variety of scents. There's truly something for everyone in this category. 

Yankee Candle Large Tumbler in Sweet Plum Sake Scent: I'll admit, I have the infamous C-Word when I lit this candle so my sense of smell may have been quite impaired, so maybe I'll give it another shot in the future. I like this scent enough, but it's not something that struck me as out of this world but overall, this is a bit too "bland" and "mild" of a scent for me. I much prefer other Yankee Candles to this one because the throw was not very good (ie. barely existent). 

Batiste Dry Shampoo in Rose Gold: I must admit the entire line of Batiste Dry Shampoo is a bit too heavy for my personal taste. I love a nice fine, mild-coating type of dry shampoo (like amika). However, this one does blend-out quite nicely and I do use it as a nice more economic option especially when I know I'll be reaching for the dry shampoo often. Particularly, I love something about this scent a lot. It's very "up my alley". 

IMG-0638.JPG

(Sorry about the sideways photo)

Additional Thoughts:

Spoiler
Amika The Cure Shampoo: When I want a nice sudsy cleansing type of shampoo I usually reach for this one. It's been my go-to for quite a few years now and I don't see that changing very soon. 

V05 Strawberries & Cream Hair Conditioner: I know I get a couple side eyes for this but I love using this as a "base conditioner", I have more higher end things that I use in my hair more sparingly because I lather my hair in this conditioner beforehand (thus, needing less of the expensive product). These things are super cheap, oddly work exceptionally well for my curly/fine hair and give my strands the moisture they so desperately crave. I love my hair masks and treatments but this is one of those products that have been with me through the long haul. I need to use a ton of conditioner on my curls since my hair soaks it up like a sponge and this really works some magic on my head and in my wallet.  

Suave Brown Sugar & Vanilla Body Wash: Another super cheap but great find. I love the suave body washes, they always leave me feeling squeaky clean without drying out my skin too much. This one in particular has some microbeads so it's great for a sweaty summer rinse off. 

The Body Shop Almond Milk & Honey Bar Soap: Love this bar soap, another "classic" from my regularly used items. This is great for more sensitive areas, gives the right amount of controllable lather and a simple scent payoff that's still very pleasant. Love the "milky" feel this gives off. 

IMG-0639.JPG

Additional Thoughts:

Spoiler
Sephora Cactus Foot Mask: This is a good mask, I'm a fan of Sephora's prior foot mask line and this was my first try of the replacements. This one gets the seal of approval but I really still wish they'd bring back the Lavender and Almond, hey, why can't we have all of these options? Sephora foot masks are usually my go-to. ❤️

The Creme Shop Rose Water Sheet Mask: Meh. I had high hopes for this one and it just didn't deliver. I love everything and anything rose, but this mask was quite basic and didn't live up to the high standards that The Creme Shop has for it's other face masks (just my two cents).

The Creme Shop Witch Hazel Sheet Mask: My skin can be quite picky about what kind of witch hazel it likes/does not that particular day. This one was a hit and I'd definitely repurchase it again. Does not have an overbearing smell, great packaging and I was happy with the results of this one. 

Facetory Artemisia Sheet Mask: I have come to love this little face mask and it's another beauty steal for the wallet. I get these in large packs off amazon (which makes them retail at about $2 each) and I've been reaching for a lot of Facetory masks in general the last few months in a row. This one is gentle on the skin while delivering acne fighting effects, having a great scent, the serum feels thicker, "milkier"and more luxurious. What's there not to love? 

Azure Hemp & Rose Under Eye Mask: I like these a lot but my favorite from this brand are the 24K retinol version. This one is still very nice, long lasting and oversized on the eyes which makes for a nice masking experience. Got these randomly at $5 per 5-pack from Nordstrom Rack and I need to hop over to see if they are still available. 

My June empties. I've been using up stuff, taking pics but never take the time to post. 😒😜 but better late than never right. 

0703221534.jpg

 Loves

0703221538.jpg

 Likes..or undecided.

0703221538a.jpg

 Nope. Don't like the clean Sephora wipes. They burn my eyes. CT serum made my skin dry & flaky. 31 total. 

YTD 232 🗑

I will get some notes up eventually, though it may not be right away (ETA: eep, that only took two months). Feel free to ask any questions in the mean time! 

IMG_20220701_132547572.jpg

Spoiler
Ulta candles: good as usual! Both burned well with no tunneling, and burned all the way down with next to no wax left. Nice throw on both as well. Sunshine Sorbet changed a little as it burned; it started off smelling like Quaker Peaches & Cream instant oatmeal to me (which I love, huge blast from the past!) and ended with the citrus notes being much more prominent. I loved this one, will definitely get again. Sparkling Clementine has been one of my faves since the very first year Ulta did candles, and this one was great as expected.

Zoya Remove+: HG status stuff. I make my own version when I can't find a good deal, but I'm always happy to snag some of this when I can.

Victoria's Secret Vanilla Lace: one of my all time favorite lotion scents, long discontinued. I've recently discovered Eilish is pretty freakin' similar, so I may have to grab a bottle of that at some point.

BBW Midnight Pomegranate body wash: their bw is a basic staple for me, and this is a lovely scent

System Professional Hydrate Shampoo: not as hydrating as I would have liked. Fine but not something I'd go looking for.

Joico Weekend Dry Shampoo: ...ummmm, I really don't remember a thing about his one. That's what I get for waiting 2 months to actually write my reviews 😬

OGX Argan Oil Dry Shampoo: I liked this pretty OK I think. Wouldn't mind trying again for a refresher.

Klorane Volume Dry Shampoo: clogged with nearly every use, and if it didn't clog outright, it shot a chunk of dried stuff into my hair with the first spritz. Eh, I don't recall being enamored enough with this stuff to overcome the packaging annoyance.

BBW True Blue Spa Shea Foot Cream: fantastically thick stuff that really helped keep my feet relatively soft. Long discontinued, I am sad that I finally have no more.

Ulta Pedi Pebble: one of my fave Ulta items, I love these for helping to keep my feet soft between foot peels

Nail oil pens: these have served me faithfully well past their prime. They're roughly 3 years old I think, and have been refilled countless times, to the point where they leak now.

Nest waterless towelette: dry cloth that foams when you add water. I have to admit, this kinda weirded me out a little. It did exactly what it's supposed to do, but I definitely found a preference for pre-moistened wipes...this felt "soapy" and I felt like I needed to rinse after using it.

Ulta shower tablets: long discontinued staple that I have quite the stash of lol

IMG_20220701_130835177.jpg

Spoiler
It Cosmetics Confidence In A Gel Lotion: light texture, good moisture. Not sure I love it love it for eternity, but I've been avoiding some specific ingredients lately and this fits the bill, so I picked up a full size on sale for further testing in the future.

Paula's Choice Ultralight Antioxidant Concentrate: a nice light daytime serum. If I ever got back into doing a morning routine, I'd consider a purchase of this (wfh has ruined me in that regard y'all 😋)

Kinship Mint Mud Mask: I love minty stuff, and this was fun! It soaked up oil well and the mint was a nice treat. I'm not looking to buy, my mask stash is out of control as it is, but I'd love a sample from time to time.

Philosophy Purity: I like this well enough that I keep every sample I get, and use it in the shower. I have no plans to stop hoarding it any time soon lol

Tinkle brow razor: basic staple for dermaplaning. I don't do it nearly as often as I'd like, but I'd always love the results, and I see no need to spend a small fortune on fancier devices when this works perfectly well for me.

L'Oreal Pure Clay Cleanser: cleans well without stripping my skin. If it weren't so heavily fragranced, I'd consider a purchase, but it is, so I won't. I do still have another sample or two I'll use up, but I won't grab a full size.

Vichy Mineral 89: nice extra layer of moisture, lightweight, soaks in well, no fragrance, no pilling or fussiness. Have more samples, and would consider buying if I need to in the future.

DDG Ferulic Retinol Eye Serum: lightweight moisture that kept my eye from being flaky. I liked it fine, but am not looking to purchase.

Arcona Cranberry Gommage: creamy scrub with medium sized bits that were well tumbled to keep them from being too sharp. All in all it was nice; I tend to like a more intense scrub on the rare occasion I use one, but this gave me that fresh scrubbed feeling while also feeling a touch gentler. I've got plenty of scrubs in my stash, but would consider this in the future.

Good Molecules Discoloration Correcting Serum: I did a lot of playing with my routine while this was in my rotation, and I stopped and started it so many times that I never got see what it might do for me with regular usage. No fragrance, and it soaked in well without interfering with anything else. Would love to give it another shot in the future though, and am planning to buy it again eventually.

IMG_20220701_130545790.jpg

Sheet masks, mostly fine. Not a fan of the snail hydrogel, it will not stay up (and the mesh imbedded in it makes my face itch). I don't recall disliking any of the others for any reason, so I kinda assume I didn't hate them 😛 

New batch of empties!!

24 in this one

pic #1 

Sephora masque matcha tea- It mattified my skin which is its objective.  
Sephora vitamin E eye mask- this gave me a lot of moisture in my under eye area 

TonyMoly mask I’m Watermelon- lots of moisture I liked it !

Vivona  Brand Niacinamide Sheet Mask - tons of serum in this pack.  So much that I over saturated the sheet trying to use all of it,  good moisture for my skin 

Snow Fox Arctic Breeze Rescue Mask- great mask lots of serum, gave a wonderful coolness to my skin

Soon Skincare Hydrating Blueberry Hydrogel Eye Patch- good moisture, not a blue serum 

Kiehl’s Super Multicorrective Eye Zone Treatment- a sample pack from Sephora.  No payoff for me 

#Sol de Janeiro Beija Flor Elasti-Cream- a sample from Sephora- did not like the fragrance and a tacky feeling to my skin 

Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer sample-ON1-Petal- I liked how this felt on my face, it’s sheer.but it covered enough.  Did not move all day with a setting spray on top. 

pic#2

Skylar Hydrating Body Wash- liked it. Very softening and pleasant fragrance 

Garnier SkinActive Micellar Water All-in-One Waterproof- this has been the only micellar water that doesn’t bother my eyes so I have repurchased it 

Lancome Bi-Facil makeup remover- I really do love this, but due to its cost I only buy if I find a Lancôme sale.  Which is not often 

Bath &Body Works - foaming hand soap - Rose Water &Ivy. - I love the scent of roses!

iS Clinical Cleansing Complex- possibly from FFF?? But I really enjoyed it, clean scent and no issues with my face.  
amika Fadeblock Pre-Shampoo Color Seal 5 oz/ 150 mL - this was better than others, my hair color lasted longer than usual.  I repurchased it

Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip French Green Clay Cleanser 5 oz/ 150 mL - I liked this , caused no issues with my skin will consider a replacement 

elf Holy Hydration Makeup Melting Cleaning Balm- this is a sample, it’s great as a 1st cleanse, not pricey and works good at removing stubborn makeup 

Molton Brown Bath and Shower Gel- a sample, lots of soapy bubbles, great scent, but a little costly for daily use for me

Skin Medica HA5 Rejuvenate Hydrator- a hyaluronic acid - sample, too sticky for me and too costly 

PCA Skin hyaluronic acid boosting serum- a sample, good slip on my face, good hydration too, costly 

111Skin Hyaluronic Acid Aqua Booster- from Ipsy otherwise I couldn’t afford it- took a year to finish which may possibly lead me to justify a purchase- I loved this!! Only need a few drops- great hydration!!

Not pictured 

Perfume samples 

Chance by Chanel - lovely light floral scent for this time sheet year 

Indigo my Nest - a heavy scent to me

Moonlight in Heaven by Kilian - I enjoyed this, a little floral, not overpowering 

482E11F5-69AC-4CC2-95EB-0442B468EA31.jpeg

3118B6A6-AE09-46A1-B78F-EF2AFB7EA662.jpeg

@Cissy63 Great job!!!

@Samtian  Thank you 😊 

@Cissy63 Great work!

@Mellmars1185  Thank you 😊 

8,134 Replies
testing