I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
So satisfying to collect these empties! I'm trying to get over my aversion to finishing anything - and try to avoid having a million almost-empty things. I'm also trying to use up more samples.
Loves, would re-purchase:
L'occitane shower oil
Philosophy Shower gel
Kat Von D Cleansing wipes (keep them on my bedside for when I am so lazy)
Likes, might purchase full/re-purchase:
Dior Skinflash - I had this forever - I like it, but not sure it's so different from others
Algenist Genius Moisturizer, Genius Lifting & Firming Cream - Good, but nothing miraculous
Smashbox Primer Water -Sample spray vial
Nice, but old deluxe samples I've had forever:
Natura Bisse Top Ten Fluid/Awake Deep Purity Cleanser/Molton Brown Shower Gel
and more samples:
Mostly, I'm just trying to use these up. I would consider purchasing the La Mer lotion. I always love Estee Lauder skincare. The ReVive was not moisturizing enough for me and actually stung a little, I did not love it. I did not think the Philosophy Back to Nurture was as hydrating as traditional oils for my dry skin.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
It's great emptying things, isn't it!!! And you get a chance to evaluate what you like and don't like before going shopping again. This thread is awesome cause it changed the way I buy things and encourages me to use what I have!
I Love the L'occitane almond oil scent I haven't tried the shower gel yet but I have a travel size bottle of it I just haven't opened it yet I also have the almond supple skin oil and I have used that. I have a mini of it & I really love it.
I loved it! I just saw that there is a big size (with a pump!) in the supersized beauty section and I think it is on my next must-buy list! For some reason, I hate putting on lotion after the shower - it's so annoying, and in the winter it's cold, so I love the shower oil. And yes, the scent is divine!
February empties (posted really late)
- Bumble & Bumble Thickening shampoo & Conditione
- Cotton rounds,
- Denta toothpaste,
- Elizabeth & James nirvana black & white perfume,
- Tom ford velvet orchid perfume.
- replica beach walk perfume
- shower caps
- Agave hair oil
- tokyomilk dark tainted love handcream
- Lady speed stick deodorant Teen spirit pink crush
- Generic relaxing lavender bath soak salts
Nope, Not for me!:
Philosophy Hope In a jar moisturizer
makeup forever HD cream blush
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
JAN + FEB empties
L'occitane hand cream: lots of backups
It was okay:
Nuxe Rive de Miel: it lasted so long, it was okay but didn't blown me away
Vicky micellar water: I had so much of this stuff, I am finally finished my last bottle...I am going back to bioderma
Avene Tolerance Extreme: it was moisturizing, but felt a little thick, La Roche Posay toleriane ultra is still my HG
3 foundation samples: Dior nude, Shu Uemura architect, Giorgio Armani luminous silk: I am looking for a new foundation, they are all good, but I think I am going for the YSL touché éclat foundation
It was not okay:
Marc Jacobs lip balm: it came in last year's rouge promo but I forgot about it in one of my bags. basically, it's the least moisturizing lip balm I have ever came across. I didn't finish this deluxe sample but I am glad I found that out without having to pay $30 for it.
Full size: 4
Deluxe sample: 1
I am going to keep a tally throughout the year to see how much I can finish! Jan + Feb wasn't the best months but 4 full size isn't tooooo bad. I really want to work on going through more the samples in my stash though.
Loves (have repurchased, will repurchase):
Lush Celebrate Body Lotion
Lush Unicorn Horn Bubble Bar
Lush So White Shower Gel
Lush Love Locket Bath Bomb
Like (may or may not repurchase):
Lush Snowcake Soap (not bad, but there are other scents I like better)
PTR Max Sheer SPF Lotion (pretty standard sunscreen, nothing amazing)
Disney H20 Grapefruit Shower Gel (smells good, basic shower gel)
Tatcha Luminous Mist (almost a love, but I went through the bottle very quickly for the price)
Dior Nude Air Serum Foundation (interesting, would need to try more)
Mary Kay Creme Lipstick (not bad, this was a really old sample, though!)
Sephora Cotton Pads (been buying these on and off for years, good inexpensive alternative to Shiseido)
Fresh Black Tea Mask (I don't think it did anything, would need to try more)
Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Oil (nice smell, basic cleanser)
Josie Maran Argan Oil (been buying this on and off for years)
Tom Ford Velvet Orchid (not bad, would need to try more)
Gucci Guilty Diamonds (not bad, would need to try more)
Prada Candy Florale (not bad, would need to try more)
Chloe Love Story (not bad, would need to try more)
Tory Burch Tory Burch (not bad, would need to try more)
Dislike (will not repurchase):
Tatcha Indigo Soothing Renewal Treatment (didn't care for the color or smell of this on my face)
Benefit They're Real Mascara (throwing this out, not worth trying to finish)
Living Proof Restore Mask Treatment (made my hair sticky and dry)
Lea Journo Pro Series Shampoo Creme (I love her original shampoo, but this product was too drying)
Anthony Hydrating Treatment Gel (not hydrating, made my skin bright red with a burning sensation)
Lancome Dullness Relief Daily Lotion (too drying)
here we are with februarys empties!!
these are products i wouldn’t hesitate to repurchase! in fact…i already have!!!
~ brow whiz (soft brown): this is hg status for me!! my brows just don’t feel the same without it. the colour is a perfect match for my brows, the pencil is thin and creates a realistic looking brow and the spoolie is amazing!
~glyosomed hand cream: this is hg status in the winter for me. i use it on my hands and feet. it’s the only thing i’ve found that is strong enough to keep me from cracking but isn’t greasy.
these are products that i liked but i’m still on the hunt for “something better”. i may or may not repurchase in the future
~ benefit boi ing concealer – this lasted quite a long time. the colour match was pretty good and i could use it for covering blemishes, and starting the under eye conceal – but it creased like crazy if i didn’t set with powder asap.
~revlon whipped colour stay foundation (shade 330 true beige) – i actually really like this foundation! i have combo/dry skin and it doesn’t cling to my dry patches. i’ve gone through 3 of these. realistically i’m going to repurchase at some point but i want to play
~sephora daily brush cleaner – this cleaned my brushes well enough for a daily spot treatment. its ok but i have something else that i’m currently trying
~first aid beauty facial radiance pads – i like these for days when i’m breaking out. i feel like it gives me a little extra exfoliation that i need without being too abrasive. i currently have another package that i’m working on.
these are products that i wouldn’t repurchase if you paid me!
~ ponds wet cleansing towelettes – i hate these!!! these were dry, didn’t clean the makeup off my face and irritated my skin. no thank you!
~vaseline cocoa butter – i think the issue with this is the bottle was too big and i got bored! when i started using it i remember liking it, but now i’m just over it! it seems greasy feeling and just not moisturizing enough
~devacurl ultra defining gel and styling cream: both of these are hg status for me! i could not and will not live without them!!! my hair loves them!
~bareminerals mineral veil: i haven’t repurchased yet because i have something “similar” its been like a week – i already miss it!
~benefit porefessional primer – this just works with my skin. evens out my skin leaving me with a smooth surface for foundation!
~kat von d – unlock it makeup removing wipes: these are amazing!!! the amount of makeup taken off with one swipe was amazing!!
~glamglow thirsty mud – this leaves my skin feeling hydrated. i can really feel the difference after using this!
~glam glow powermud dual cleanse – this leaves my face feeling deep cleaned but not stripped and dry
~algenist complete eye renewal balm and anti aging moisturizer – these are amazing!! they leave me hydrated and my skin feeling fresh
~shiseido ultimure power infusing concentrate – i just don’t feel like this did anything.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Did not finish - Exfolikate and Diorshow primer. The primer fried my lashes. Exfolikate didn't do anything for me at all.
Finished - Omorovicza Refining Facial Polisher, Brightmud, Juice Sensitive Peel and Tata Harper Resurfacing Mask. The Omorovicza is like the TH Regen Cleanser and slightly more expensive. It also smells like blue bath salt. Ew. Brightmud did nothing for me. The Juice was too weak, I'd like to try full strength. I loved the Resurfacing Mask, I think I'd pay more to get this instead of the Ren glycolic peel.
I think I've also finished two deep steep hand creams in addition to this lotion bottle. Love dis stuff. The BM is my stable mositurizer, also love. The Bite gloss is the last of the gloss trio from the fall. I have one more trio, a single, and the one I have open. Nine months of gloss left? The Flowerbomb is what I had on my bedside, since I baby my rollerball out of paranoia.
I'm also curious for more details about your experience with the Dior primer. I have been wanting to get it and I've heard nothing but awesome praise about it. But I want to hear how it affected you as well.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
I'm planning to try the Tart and Urban Decay primers sometime to see if they are any better or if I run into the same issues. The Dior does add drama to the lashes, it was amazing. But the formula is too harsh.
Sorry to hear the Dior eyelash primer didn't work for you. I personally love it and use it everyday under mascara.
when you say it fried your lashes, what do you mean? Did it dry it out and make it brittle ?
Yes, it did dry out my lashes. I noticed a lot more fall out and difficulty removing mascara that would otherwise remove fairly easily. I am interested in some other primers to see if I can get the effect without the downsides.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
My February empties. I don't really need to repurchase anything, as I have plenty of other products and samples to use up, so I'm dividing my list into likes and dislikes.
- Not Your Mother's Way to Grow Long and Strong shampoo and conditioner: Perfectly serviceable, though I have other S&Cs I've liked more. I like the squeeze-tube packaging.
- Burt's Bees sensitive makeup remover wipes: my HG
- Marc Jacobs Makeout lip balm: It's lip balm; you can't really go wrong.
- Josie Maran BearNaked and Butter London Scrubbers nail polish remover wipes: These both smelled great and really worked. But I have 1.5 bottles of traditional polish remover to get through.
- Bliss Triple Oxygen+C Energizing Cream: Dunno if it recharged my skin, but it was a nice, light moisturizer.
- GlamGlow eye pod: Love these, really takes care of my dark circles and puffiness.
- Sephora waterproof eye makeup remover: my HG
- Sephora Ginseng mask: The scent was so off-putting. The only mask from this collection that I dislike.
- Random Algenist eye cream: The name wore off the tub. It was OK.
- Lancome Bienfait Multi-Vital Night Cream & Bareminerals Prime Time primer: Once I used up the night cream, I depotted the rest of the primer into the container. Both were OK, but I wouldn't repurchase.
- GlamGlow SuperCleanse in-store sample: This did nothing and I never felt like my skin was clean.
- Illamasqua Hydra Veil primer: Gel consistency was too slippery. You can't buy this in NA anymore anyway.
- Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara: Clump city.
- Marc Jacobs Blaquer mascara: Good only for a few weeks before it clumped up. The good thing is that the formula doesn't smudge.
- Benefit Total Moisture cream: This made my skin burn.
- Dr. Jart Ceramidin cream: Too thick and hard to absorb into skin.
- AmorePacific Future Response day and night eye creams: Nothing special. I have a ton more samples of this that I might just give away.
- Dior Hydra Life eye cream: Nothing special; sort of a weird fragrance.
- Clarins Multi-Active cream: Nothing special.
- Verso Super Eye Serum: not hydrating enough.
Love (this list is going to be short, I'm picky):
Origins Ginzing (have finished many jars, just used a sample)
Atelier Cologne Santal Carmin (OMG this scent! I wish it weren't so insanely expensive )
Origins Make a difference hand cream (this is awesome, already purchased full size. smells great, very moisturizing)
Like (liked to use but not enough to buy again - at least not soon)
MUFE lipstick N9 from last birthday
Dr. Dennis Gross Beta peel extra strength formula
Living Proof no frizz shampoo+conditioner
Murad intensive age-diffusing serum
Chloe Eau de Parfum
Boscia Cleansing Oil-Gel
Repetto eau de toilette
Did not like (Not for me)
Burberry Brit Rhythm - this smells so powdery, I can't even describe it.
FAB face cleanser - I don't know why but my face never felt clean after using it...
Philosophy Miracle Worker night cream - balled up like crazy on my face
Sephora body scrub in Vanilla - doesn't exfoliate properly and overpriced
PTR cucumber gel mask - I didn't feel like it did anything for me
Clinique DDML+ I liked the original DDML but this is too much... I don't think it absorbs properly
Secret De Nuit Intense hydration regenerating night cream (for hair; I don't see the point of this product)
Prada Candy Florale
Stella McCartney eau de parfum
Will have to round up my empties this weekend! I've been prone to hoarding empty packaging and samples so I think this thread will be a good way to help me move on and free up some space for other stuff.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
- Sephora triple action cleansing water
- ACT mouthwash
- Hawaiian tropic sunscreen- I use this on my hand, arms, neck and ears through out the day (I sit near a window at work). I actually love the coconut smell
- Caudalie hand and nail cream- love love love
- Nutranail 5 to 7 day growth- this is discontinued
- Hourglass film noir mascara
- Hourglass(deluxe sample) lipstick in grace
- NARS stick concealer
- OH sheer transformations- a daily use product just trying to use up samples
Meh (will not repurchase)
- Dr. Jart+ All that and firm mask
- Bit lip wipes- Loved the wipe I had a dark red lipstick that I know to stain my lips, but I used this wipe and the lipstick came off with no remaining stain. The reason I put it in “meh” is because of their price I probably wouldn’t repurchase
- Loccitane rose hand cream- this is good stuff just not as good as the Caudalie hand cream
- UD lip liner in native- good lip liner it’s just the color was too dark for me so it darkened up all my lipsticks.
- YSL babydoll mascara- I liked this mascara on it’s own, but I found it started to flake off by the end of my workday. It did not work well with my Dior lash maximizer which is HG for me so this is a no go for me.
- Korres wild rose 24 hour moisturizer- I love the sleeping mask, but this moisturizer was just meh for me
- Jurlique rose mist- I saw no difference using this product but the small spray bottle is cute and I will reuse it.
- Phyto secret de nuit- I saw no difference using this product
- Sample of Flower bomb- I like this scent a lot, but it is strong. It lingers a loooong time on me.
Did not like
- REN radiance mask- just didn’t work with my skin
- Loccitane almond shower oil- the product itself was fine, but I struggled to get the cap open every single time I went to use it. It was so frustrating!!!
- Formula X nail strengthener- didn’t strengthen my nails I ended up using it as a top coat
- Viva la juicy- I used to love this scent to the point that I had backup roller balls. But my likes have changed and I am over this scent. It was all I could do to use this up, the backup roller balls have been donated.
- LOccitane shea butter- this was too greasy for my likes but the small tin container is adorable and I will reuse it.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Loves - would (re)purchase
- FAB Ultra Repair Cream
- Nugg Revitalizing Face Mask - this has peppermint oil so it does sting, not terribly for me but I can tell this is not for ppl with sensitive skin but I actually really enjoyed it
- Glamglow Youthcleanse
- BB Solid Cleanser - my fave product to clean brushes hands down
- ABH Dipbrow - all ready broke out a backup. It's my HG for brows. This is the jar that I bought right when the Dipbrow first came out and was only available on the ABH website. It took me this long to finish it!
- Living Proof Perfect Hair Day line - the name says it all!
- Soap & Glory Scrub Em and Leave Em Body Buff - sadly not carried at Sephora anymore
- KVD Makeup Removing Wipes - I love the sample packets that have 2 wipes each, I always try to keep these in my purse
- Benefit's Porefessional
- Cover Fx Calming Primer
- Clarins Beauty Flash Balm
- Tata Harper Regenerating Cleanser
Would Not (Re)purchase
- Marula Cleansing Lotion
- Shiseido Ibuki Refining Moisturizer
- Loreal OleoTerapy Shampoo and Conditioner - worst smelling hair products I've ever used
- Living Proof No Frizz Shampoo
- Nude Skincare Overnight Repair Mask
- Up and Up Cleansing Towelettes
- Fresh Soy Face Cleanser
- IT Cosmetics Age Defying Primer
- Omorovicza Balancing Moisturizer
- Boscia Oil Free Nightly Hydration