Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

It’s pretty impossible for me to stockpile a bunch of empties, so my pile is nowhere near as impressive as everyone else’s on here, but here is what I’ve used up recently;

A68F8E3D-F10F-444E-833D-FDF8E44EAB8C.jpeg

❤️ = Love

👍 = Like

🆗 = Just Ok

@Shosh85, it's neat to see all of the masks you've used in one place!

Thanks, @curlychiquita, I agree, that’s what’s so fun about this thread! 👌🤗

Empties

I really enjoyed most of the products from this lot. I absolutely love the NUDE perfect cleanse omega cleansing jelly, but sadly the brand is no longer on the market. I still have some back-ups of this cleanser but will soon be looking for something similar. The NUDE balancing moisturizer, the Lancome energie de vie water cream, Caudalie creme sorbet and Belif aqua bomb were all good but nothing exceptional for me. Shiseido urban environment SPF 42 was a go-to sunscreen for me and I really love the Farmacy honey potion mask. The Bite agave lip set was nice but the scrub was not effective enough for me. I also really enjoyed all the Dr.Jart products and the Drunk Elephant B-Hydra gel. The Drunk Elephant Beste Jelly cleanser was unfortunately not for me, and the Clinique all about eyes was just okay.

RE: Empties

Love that Shiseido spf @77Casper77

It is truly a great daily spf! 🌞

It is truly a great daily spf! 🌞

June Empties! The Standouts : -Batiste in the scent Sweetie -it cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer (i swear this cleared up my acne) -urban decay all nighter setting spray -drunk elephant TLC babyfacial -pravana the perfect blonde shampoo -boscia makeup breakup cool cleansing oil -chanel lie volume de chanel -lush rose jam shower gel -tony moly i’m aloe sheet mask (amazing for sunburn!!) -korres yoghurt nourishing fluid veil SPF 30 -philosophy purity made simple moisturizer (really nice and lightweight, perfect under makeup!) The Bad : -bed head rockaholic dry shampoo (thick and didn’t help with any greasiness) -tata harper repairative moisturizer (broke me out) -drunk elephant virgin marula oil (broke me out) -givenchy noir couture mascara (the wand was SO weird and hard to apply)

@karap03 what did you think of the Tula treatment pads? Just got those in my FFF editors box, totally new product & brand to me.

Re: RE: Empties

they were nice! a little mini treatment. i have another one to try which i am excited about. my skin was really soft after. 

ooo that's good news 🙂 can't wait to try them!

Wow! That's a lot of empties, @karap03! Great work!

@karap03 What a great job! So many empties! Nice work!

Empties

Mostly hits, a couple of misses this month. I was really happy to finish off some little travel/sample sizes of things. Kinda cried a little when my Good Genes ran out, though.

@CookieGirl1, what's the little container next to good genes with the holographic label?

@RachFace2921 It was my little Bath and Body Works hand sanitizer.  I go through those like a fiend and this was one of them that had the little sparkles suspended in the formula.  Not EXACTLY beauty-related but I thought I'd throw it in 🙂  

This is more fun than is really necessary. I have replaced and will continue to buy the Caudalie Micellular Water. It is great for sensitive, contact wearing eyes. The Burt’s Coconut Foot Creme is a thick, gel-like paste, and perfect for softening feet at night. Doesn’t go well with day time use though, as it can stain sandals. The Farmacy lip balm is great, would be a love but I only use it when I am masking to soften my lips after I wash my face, and for $10, I would rather just use a wee bit of my Bite Lavender agave mask. No complaints about it, though. Bottom masks were no good, I will stick to my skyn ones. I wanted to live the Josie Maran Argan milk, but it seems the Argan oils have an off smell more often than not. Glad I could try it out first! Finally, the UD-there is so much love for this product, I feel like I missed something but it didn’t ‘wow’ me.

I don’t really do monthly empties. Usually just when I hit something significant or have collected a bunch to show at once. CFED2271-72A0-4430-82C3-F2FAC1919256.jpeg

Yet another Sol de Janiero lip balm - Will repurchase. 

Sol de Janiero body wash - Will probably repurchase unless I can find something with a very similar scent for a cheaper price. 

Nest White Sandalwood perfume - My reason for posting these empties! I don’t remember the last time I finished a bottle of perfume before. Maybe the early 2000s and I think it was Gucci Rush. I bought this in April of 2015 and yesterday and it finally wouldn’t let me spray out the last teeny tiny amount of liquid at the bottom of the bottle. I still love the scent but I don’t know if I want to buy it again or use up other perfumes I have waiting in the wings or look for something new entirely. 

Clarins Eau Dymanisante Deodorant - Loved. I wish I had repurchased this instead of the Sedge and Bee deodorant I ordered. I like to experiment with aluminum-free deodorants so I bought the Sedge and Bee to trial and wish I had stuck with the Clarins (also aluminum-free). I’ll probably end up buying it at some point during a Friend’s and Family Sale. It lasted me forever too. 

Lilah B Aglow Face Mist - Wouldn’t repurchase but am keeping the glass bottle because it’s beautiful and a nice size. I’m sure I can transfer something else into it. 

Belif True Cream Aqua Bomb deluxe sample - Really Enjoyed. Considering buying full size. 

Bobbi Brown Face Oil - I am crazy about this and want to buy the full size but from everything I’ve read, the bottle it comes in is horrendous and a pain to use. 

Some random foil samples that I don’t remember my feelings on (Sorry!!). 

RE: Re: Empties

I just tried my first Sol de Janeiro with the Beautyfix this month, and love it! I will have to check out their other products as well. Sounds like some don’t care for the scent but I loved it❤️

I really need to start posting empties more often than once a month...by the end, I've forgotten how I felt about the earliest stuff I finished, or else I remember not liking it but can't recall why 😄 

It's almost the end of month so I'm not that far ahead in my quest, but in any case, here's my latest batch of trash 😀

Notes in the spoilers!

Loves; will purchase again (or already have)Loves; will purchase again (or already have)

Spoiler
These make regular appearances in my trash, so I'll keep this short. The only new addition here is Hairfood Dry Shampoo, which was a surprise "wow!". The scent is a tad sweet, but thankfully dissipates pretty quickly, but the real star is the almost complete lack of white residue. It doesn't take much at all...I got way more uses out of this travel can than I have from any other brand, and it.just.works for me. Ulta just dropped the price on these from $6 to $3, so I assume they are getting rid of it and I will be stocking up with my 20% even though I still have a pretty sizable stash of other stuff to finish off (yes, hoarding is tough to stop 😛 )

Likes/passable; would reuse but probably won't buyLikes/passable; would reuse but probably won't buy

Spoiler
Ahava Mineral Mud Mask, Clearing: I'm actually not sure where this falls yet, but it's either going to be a love or a hate. I have a couple more samples to try before deciding. My skin is not sensitive at all. Not one bit. Things that make other folks tingle never tingle for me...I guess I killed that with 20+ years of high-alcohol-content products. This however...wow...that's one heck of a tingle, and if it tingles for me, I can only imagine it being a terrible, almost burning product for most everyone else. I adored how it made my face feel afterwards, though I don't know if I could handle it very often. This may be one of those products where I'm content with a couple of sample packets every few months...I don't think I could ever bring myself to buy a full size.

Capri Blue Volcano Hand Cream: love love love the scent enough that I bought a room spray. The hand cream itself is mediocre though.

Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Cleanser: a moussey-textured cleanser that foams up a bit. Liked fine but perhaps a bit drying. Nothing spectacular.

L'Oreal Pure-Clay Detox + Brighten cleanser: a surprisingly nice cleanser. Not too drying, but does an excellent job. I felt like I had to use a bit more than I do with other cleansers, but for drugstore pricing, that's an acceptable con.

Paula's Choice Endless Lash Mascara: the formula was excellent, a nice blend of volume + length. No clumping, no flaking, no raccoon eyes. All around nice mascara. I hated the brush though, and never got the hang of not making a mess during application 😛 This is a very, very dense bristle brush, whereas I prefer the more open, silicone, nub-style brushes.

Jack Black Clean Break Oil-Free Moisturizer: wasn't too heavy for me, which is a feat in and of itself. I mix my oil and moisturizer together before applying, but the texture of this one didn't play so well with oil...it took a little work to get them combined in my hand. Not a bad product at all, but not a frontrunner in the HG search.

Supergoop Unseen Sunscreen: this was ok. The clearness actually turned me off a bit. While I certainly want my sunscreen to turn invisible, I kinda like seeing where I've got it as I first apply it so that I don't miss any spots. I know, I'm weird.

Urban Decay Primer Potion: a very very good eye primer, but I find I still have a little creasing every now and again. Smashbox 24Hr eye primer was ever so slightly more reliable for me.

Mario Badescu Herbal Hydrating Serum: provided nice, lightweight moisture. I'd love another sample or two, may actually consider a full size of this at some point.

PTR Blue Marine Algae Intense Hydrating Mask: I'm not sure about the "intense" part of the name, but this was a pretty nice hydration mask. I doubt I'd buy a full size just of it, but once I use a bit more of my stash, I'll be keeping my eyes out for sets that have this and don't have the 24K Gold mask 😛

Tarte Tight & Bright Mask Duo (the gold gel half): I was actually surprised at how well I liked this (and I loved the clay half when i used it last month). Of course, I finished it on the 1st or 2nd so now I've forgotten the details, but I do remember putting this duo on my radar to watch for a really good deal.

Not for meNot for me

Spoiler
Pacifica Super Detox Deep Purification Wipes: I wasn't a huge fan of the scent, and while I thought I had screened all of my Pacifica wipes for alcohol before buying them, I apparently missed this one. Grain alcohol? I don't even know what to think of that lol.

Ulta Clarifying Honey Peel Off Mask: I know I'm part of a very small minority here, but honey is actually something I avoid, both in skincare and food. I don't like the taste, the smell, anything. It's fine mixed in a recipe, but as a distinct flavor component, drizzled over or served with...nope. Notwithstanding, I thought I'd try to expand my horizons and see if I could maybe handle some honey skincare. Nope nope nope, not this one at least. The scent is floral/honey/baby powder, aka the three scents I hate most. It peeled off easily, but I don't recall much outside that, as the scent put it in the no column immediately.

Sheet masks: not much of a thing for me, but I'm trying to use up what I have. I bought a big pack of both the coconut and retinol ones, and they're fine I guess...I can deal. The Ulta bubbling one was a disappointment...it didn't bubble much at all. I felt a few pop up under the mask, but it was not the bubble-fest I'd hoped for. I might have actually liked that 😛 

Origins Original Skin Retexturizing Mask: fine as a clay mask, but not a fan of the rose scent

PTR 24K Gold Mask: I'm finally destashing this. I was trying to make myself use it up, but it's seriously pointless and I haven't touched it in months. This does *nothing* for me other than look pretty. 

Living Proof No Frizz Nourishing Styling Cream: I had to use 6 times as much to get half the results I get from Bumble Don't Blow It. 

Dermalogica Multivitamin Power Recovery Mask: smells like some sort of heavy-duty crafting glue I remember from my youth. Blech. I admit my masking is very clay and peel heavy, but I just wasn't sure what to do with this. It wasn't particularly moisturizing like I had hoped, and it wasn't really soothing either...it didn't make my skin any worse, but I never noticed any improvement after it either.

Tarte Pearly Girl: this may be an excellent maintenance product, but for someone with a terrible soda habit that has gone unchecked for years (like me), this didn't do much. I pretty well knew that going in to it, so I'm not dissing the product at all. I was trying to avoid more expensive items, and instead I just tossed some money out the window. My own fault. 

Dermadoctor Kakadu C peel pads: The product is fine but I hate the scent.

Salon Grafix Invisible Dry Shampoo: The pro: 100% invisible. I could have sprayed the whole can in one spot without a speck of white. Amazing!
The con: 100% useless. I could have sprayed the whole can in one spot and still looked like a grease monkey. (Half a can in one spot didn't reduce my oil by even a tiny bit, so I assume my hyperbole would stand to real world testing 😛 )  

RE: Re: Empties

@RGbrown, did you notice any difference with the Kaduku C pads? I have been using them (along with the Serum in the AM on occasion) and am starting to think they aren’t doing anything. Curious about your experience. I agree on the scent; I don’t care for, either, but it seems the vitamin C serums smell that way. I have the Farmacy Serum and it seems interchangeable with the kaduku serum.

Re: RE: Re: Empties

@eshoe

I prefer the Henriksen Vitamin C serum; no floral scent.

These do seem to help, but I also can't seem to bring myself to use them regularly enough to make a real difference. I have over half a box left, but I'm thinking about ditching them completely and moving on to something else (probably stepping the OH serum back up, as I reduced my usage of it while using these).

8,134 Replies
testing