Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

I have tried alot of tatcha and haven't been disappointed...

I have tried alot of tatcha and haven't been disappointed with anything. I'm oily acne prone but the silk cream has to be in my top 3 moisturizers. It's thicker so I save it for winter/when my face needs it. I actually missed it so I used a lil store-made sample I found. It sinks in but my skin feels so good. The direct web has several of their products in travel size so u can try before u buy a big boy (with a hefty price tag) Hope this helps! @eshoe

RE: Empties

June empties! Love the top set of items (2 rows), not so in-love with the things on the bottom 2 rows! My favorite of the month was the When Sheet Mask and the Olay Whips (my mom has been a loyal purchaser of only Olay face cream for the last 50 years!! Her “I told you so” is making me gag...). Black Opium by YSL is hands down my favorite perfume of all time! The bottom was all just meh! Except the Oseque Bubble Mask, which I truly hated...

I’ve never found a foot mask that peeled as good as the original babysoft mask. Tried the Boscia, Tony moly, and many others but they leave me thinking I should have popped for the 25$ babysoft.

Re: RE: Empties

@KrishAtl I’m glad the When mask worked out so well, I hope the wedding that evening was fabulous! 😄 

@KrishAtl, YES, the When mask is amazing! I think I first discovered Facetory here from you, and just recently subbed. 🎉💕 édit to add, I don’t want to try the chrysanthemum mask bc the packaging is too pretty! Did you notice the holographic dots???

Re: RE: Empties

Facetory is the best @eshoe!!  Hope you enjoy it!  Totally love the Chrysanthemum mask packaging.  But the sheet mask is even prettier once it’s on!!  And the after effects on your skin are mind blowing!  I literally had a glow from that one!

Re: Empties

Here are my June empties:

top row are things I love and will repurchase at some point.

middle row are things I like, but nothing I would repurchase

bottom item I hated, the Clarins oil had such a strong herbal smell it gave me a headache.

37A5E7C7-D58C-4009-AE1E-E2DEFE325F57.jpeg

RE: Re: Empties

@Beth530, I was so thrilled to get that Tatcha sample, too! I learned though that a thin layer is much more forgiving than a thicker one. If you don’t mind me asking, which serum and moisturizer do you use just prior, and which foundation? I have been playing around with my Serum/moisturizer to try to find the best mix. I have WAY more of those than foundations.

Re: RE: Re: Empties

@eshoe  The serum and moisturizer I'm currently loving right now is Drunk Elephants C-Firma™ Day Serum and B-Hydra™ Intensive Hydration Gel (I got the little mini duo set to try it out).  The other serum I really like is Kate Somerville's Quench Hydrating Face Serum with the It Cosmetics Confidence in a cream transforming super cream.  I should mention that I have pretty normal skin that only gets very dry in the winter.  As for a foundation I like a pretty light coverage so I am using Laura Mercier's Tinted Illuminating Moisturizer SPF 20 with a little concealer and powder dusted on top.

June Empties 😄 BEB13DCF-E59C-45CE-B10C-8ED8A1FC694F.jpeg

😍 love 

🙂 like 

😒 didn’t work for me 

Spoiler
Love these Verb products, I will definitely be repurchasing the Hydrating Shampoo and Conditioner and Strong hold hairspray. 
The Extra Strength Alpha Beta peels have been apart of my routine for over a month now and have been amazing for my skin, will definitely continue to use and repurchase, I already have more OTW 😄 (I went through a 5 pack, and the 3 pack from the promos).
Didn't really like the Christophe Robin hair mask, the scent was too strong for me to enjoy it and I’ve used other hair masks that have results that I liked more. 
The Bum Bum cream is a summer staple, I've already repurchased this as well 😄 
The Sephora Honey Sleeping Mask was a little bit disappointing, the honey scent was overtaken by strong floral notes and I found it to work just OK, especially compared to the Water Sleeping Mask. 
I really like the Aloe sheet mask and will be trying it again in the future, and I also really liked the Origins Dragonfruit mask to hydrate my skin so I think I’ll be purchasing the full size of that one ☺️ 
LOVE the Alterna hair CC cream, so great for my hair! I’ve gone through the full sized bottle, used up the DS and now I’m ready for another full size. 
The Ren cream worked well for moisturing my dry skin, but always left a heavy, almost greasy feeling on my face so I moved back to another love. 
I have mixed feelings about the dermaclear cleanser; it worked well to cleanse but left my face feeling dry and a bit tight. I think it would work better for other skin types. 

Ohhh! Thanks for the review @bakeamuffin. I have the Verb hair products and haven’t tried them yet. I think it’s time to bust them out!!

Yeess @KrishAtl! I love how they work for my hair, I hope you enjoy them ☺️

@bakeamuffin I also love the BumBum cream, it smells so yummy! and the DDG extra strength peel pads, they leave your skin baby soft!

@keana1 Yes! I love hearing you like these too 😄 between the peels and the bum bum cream, I’ve been made smooth and soft from my face to my toes 😄 

Empties

Here are my June empties! A lot of these I use daily or have already repurchased - Ouai Wave Spray, Living Proof Dry Volume Blast, The Ordinary Niacinamide serum, Caudalie Vinoperfect. Prada Candy was my daily perfume and took about a year to finish. Trying out samples to decide what's next. Also working through shampoo samples, think I'll be getting a full size set of the Verb moisturizing line. I really liked the Khiels moisturizer and the Clinique eye gel, both absorbed well. Also pictured: my photo shoot assistant Nirvana.

I love how the Wave Spray smells!  I swear, I want that scent in a perfume, a bodywash, a room fragrance plug-in, a candle...

@Shelbstirr Nirvana is so cute! Cats are so curious, they have to check everything out and will try to fit in any bag/boxes/luggage...I glad that you enjoyed your empties! 

@Shelbstirr,

I love your photo assistant!  That's a hoot!  🙂

Haha that’s too cute @Shelbstirr! Double checking to make sure you got them all!

My latest batch of trash 😃IMG_20180701_145105317.jpg

Love the BBW candle and body wash, Burts Bees balm, and DDG peel pads.

A surprising like was the Biobelle Decadence sheet mask. I'm not normally a fan of sheet masks in general, but this one is so thin, it's almost like it's not there. It stayed in place well and didn't move or bunch up around my mouth or cheeks like many do. And the hydration was spectacular. I'm actually contemplating a few more 😯

Yes to Tomatoes Charcoal Mud Mask: these were starting to dry out in the packet, so it wasn't a fair test. I liked them pretty well, but having to rehydrate them was a bit obnoxious, and I don't know how or if that affected the final product. I have one left that still feels normal, so I'll give it a shot at some point soon. Don't stockpile these though.. the packets are way too big for the tiny amount of product, and they will dry up.

The rest are all "not for me":

Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion burns my eyes like the DEVIL. Living in the hot and humid South means sweat can happen at any second, so this is a con I can't work around very well.

Smashbox BB Cream: a bit heavy for me, and sinks in my pores pretty noticeably. I could probably fix that with a primer, but I'm not interested in yet another layer on my face.

PUR Cease Crease eyeshadow primer: literally the worst product I've ever tried. I gave it four tries even though I hated it after the first use, but I could never make it work. It's almost got a gummy texture; it's thin, but it also wants to cling to itself, like spreading glue...now that I say it that way, it almost sounds like a good concept, but the execution didn't work. It pilled up and streaked if you spread it too much, but left white splotches if you didn't spread it enough, and it never ever stopped creasing even a tiny bit.

Sexy Hair Moisturizing Conditioner: not quite enough moisture for me, and next to no detangling properties.

BlowPro Dry Shampoo: Ulta must have had a stellar deal on this at one point because I have several more cans. It's ok at best; does a decent job, but fairly heavy on the powder, and the scent is a little too sweet/perfumey for me. Will finish what I have but won't buy again.

Sexy Hair Strengthening Conditioner: I've come to realize my hair does better with moisture products, not strengthening products. This didn't help detangle at all either, leaving me with a comb full of hair no matter how gently I washed, conditioned, and combed out afterwards.

@RGbrown But does the sheet mask smell as decadent as it looks?

8,134 Replies
testing