Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

July empties

IMG_0648.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
Dermadoctor KP Duty Body Scrub- This is a favorite of mine. It's one of the few scrubs out there I can use on my chest and stomach without irritation. It leaves my skin so soft too.
Lush Lemony Flutter- This is a good hand cream to use at night. I've gone through a couple of these but I'm going to try to live without it. It smells like candied lemons and is really good for the nails and cuticles.
Lush D'Fluff- This is another Lush item I keep repurchasing. I know I don't need it because it's just shaving cream but when I see it in store I can't resist. It just smells so good and leaves the skin really soft. Regular stuff from the drugstore is just as good though so I'm going to try and live without this.
Shiseido Full Lash Multi Dimensional Waterproof- I stock up on this during every Nordstrom mascara sale. It just doesn't budge, no matter what.
Too Cool For School 24 k Sheet Mask- This is another favorite. It helps heal breakouts and smooth texture. I wake up to really bright skin.
Joico KPak Revitaluxe Hair Mask- This is one protein mask I keep going back to. I just feel like overtime, my hair is less damaged than it could be, and I have less breakage. I go through it fast though, so I only get it when it's on sale.

IMG_0652.JPG

Spoiler
Alterna Caviar Anti Frizz Conditioner- I like this, I just don't love it. My hair is fine, frizzy, and prone to tangles with an oily scalp. I just wish this did better with detangling. I also used it up really fast.
Kora Organics Sensitive Skin Moisturizer- I really liked this but I had to mix it with Josie Maran Argan milk for my skin to get enough moisture. It also has micro shimmer in it, which is probably why it's so good for redness. I grew tired of mixing moisturizers so I don't think I'll repurchase this.
Christophe Robin Regenerating Hair Mask- I always get samples of this. I like it in the summer because it's not too heavy, but of course there are other masks better at detangling and such.

IMG_0653.JPG

Meh

Spoiler
Boscia Sake Treatment Water- This truly wasn't good or bad. It just didn't do anything. I used it every morning until it was gone and it had no effect on my skin whatsoever.
Drunk Elephant Protini- I need to get my hands on another sample of this. I liked it but am unsure if it caused breakouts or not.

IMG_0654.JPG

Hates

Spoiler
Soap & Glory Hand Food- I kept this in my purse for emergencies. It left a film on my hands that made them squeak when rubbing this in.
L'Oreal Total Repair Ceramide Shampoo- Dried out my hair. I don't even know where I got this sample from.
Caudalie Lip Conditioner- I used to get the hand cream and lip balm set every fall for $10-12 and loved them both. This was terrible this year. My lips were drier the more I used it. It would scrape against the side of the tube as twisted it down which wasted product. Oh, and the cap kept breaking for no reason and wouldn't stay on.

@suzyo the too cool for school 24k mask sounds nice! *add...

@suzyo the too cool for school 24k mask sounds nice! *added to my "purchase soon" list

Have you searched the threads for the DE Protini @suzyo? I seem to remember others talking about the millia (sp?) and other irritations that happened as a result of using this. Might be work checking into before trying again.

@eshoe It wasn't milia for me, but painful bumps. The Lala cream did the same thing but way quicker, so it was more obvious it was the cream doing it. The first few days I used the Protini my skin improved so much so I really wanted it to work for me.

What a bummer, @suzyo. Sorry it didn’t work out😕

Weekly trash clean out 

Loved all of these guysLoved all of these guysSurprised by my love for The IT Cosmetics moisturizerSurprised by my love for The IT Cosmetics moisturizer

A lot of FS empties this week. All loves. Plus, I was really surprised by how much I enjoyed the IT cosmetics moisturizer. I’ve never really wanted to try things from the brand, but as I was working through some DS items I came across this from a Sephora Favorites set and was happy with its performance. 

@scott1201, that's good to hear about the It Secret Sauce!

Oooh, @scott1201I’m excited to see the Bonnyhill coconut mask here in your ❤️‘s, bc I haven’t used it yet. Love the ABH too, held off for such a long time but  it is such a nice little helper for the brows☺️ That Santa mask keeps popping up and I laugh every time I see it, Christmas in July lol

@scott1201 Great job using stuff up!! I agree with you on the It Cosmetics Secret Sauce!! I tried the “Confidence in a Cream” first and wasn’t too impressed, so when I went to try the Secret Sauce, I wasn’t expecting much but was really surprised at how much I liked it! 👍

Saturdays are good days to toss the trash and clean my makeup brushes. That way I remember every week. 

Loves

Spoiler
 💗895A392D-74F8-4256-B1E4-2D22A3F3BC2E.jpeg

Loved these sheet masks. Great fit, great hydration on all wwithout overpowering scents. Already have backups for the Aveda Foot Relief, which I use in the morning as it absorbs quickly and won’t stain my sandals, the Ole Henriksen Walnut Scrub (this will be my 3rd full size), and even though I felt the popsugar wasn’t overwhelming me, I reached for it daily so that says something. 

So-so1C7A5378-188F-479F-9734-852209677715.jpeg

Spoiler
 The mask was interesting and fun, but more of a novelty I think. While not bad, it caused a few minor breakouts on my normally dry skin. The Biossance Squalane & Peptide Eye Gel is most comparable in texture to DE’s C-Tango, but not nearly as nourishing in my opinion. This tiny sample (it was so small, 1 ml) lasted an impressive 5 applications. Good enough to decide whether you like it or not. The Perricone was nice, similar to YTTP kale+spinach moisturizing Cream. However my foundation pilled while applying it, which is never a good thing when you’ve just gone through 4 steps to get there and have to start over😠. It’s not bad, I like it on its own but wouldn’t bother buying it because the YTTP works perfect for me.

No

Spoiler
00751E5E-764C-47DE-96EB-1B4DB010A1E1.jpeg
Spoiler
Spoiler

The no:hj mask would have been a yes if it didn’t have such an overbearing detergent smell. It wasn’t a scent, it was a full-blown smell, which is too bad because I feel like everything else about it was pretty good. The Jelly mask, just too much too thick serum for my liking. The Glamglow was too harsh on my dry skin, a definite no but for those with oily/problem skin, this may be a great mask.

yes @eshoe my oily,acne-prone-even-though-im- middle -age...

yes @eshoe my oily,acne-prone-even-though-im- middle -aged loves that glamglow! sorry it didn't workout for you

Time to clean out another round of trash!LovesLoves

Liked just fine...may not go out of my way to rebuy, but would certainly use againLiked just fine...may not go out of my way to rebuy, but would certainly use again

Meh, not for meMeh, not for me

@RGbrown You had lots of great empties. I like the Belief...

@RGbrown You had lots of great empties. I like the Belief foil packets. More product than you expect.

Re: @RGbrown You had lots of great empties. I like the Belief...

@IndyQT317Unidentified yes, I like that Belif is fairly generous with the packet size...I managed to amass 5 or 6 of the moisturizer packets and just keep dumping them in my mini jar. It's almost like I have a full size one 😅

@rgbrown I used the Radiance Peel for the first time rece...

@RGbrown I used the Radiance Peel for the first time recently and really liked it!

Re: @rgbrown I used the Radiance Peel for the first time rece...

@CookieGirl1Unidentified

I love a good clay mask, and I love a good peel. Combine both into one package and I'm in heaven lol

I'm not a fan of the jar though, and will be looking for deals on travel sets or samples...those come in tubes! This will absolutely be in my life again at some point (hopefully sooner rather than later 💖)

RE: Re: @rgbrown I used the Radiance Peel for the first time rece...

@RGbrown I don’t like jars either because they aren’t sanitary compared to tubes! Whenever I have no choice I use plastic spatulas to get the product out of jars instead of using my fingers even if they’re clean !

Re: RE: Re: @rgbrown I used the Radiance Peel for the first time rece...

@keana1Unidentified

I use either a mask brush or a little metal spatula for jars too, though for me it's less about sanitation and more about not getting it under my nails lol. I'm not terribly worried about my own germs, but I hate digging stuff out from under my nails 😋

@RGbrown I totally agree with you about the undernail area ! One thing though, you should only use plastic spatulas instead of metallic ones since metals can interact with acids or other compounds that are used to make or stabilize creams or other products! As a pharmacist,whenever I compound creams or lotions I use either plastic or glass instruments to avoid leaching of metals in the product I’m making...

@keana1Unidentified good to know! Thanks!

@RGbrown You’re welcome my purple eyebrows friend. If you want a lipstick that would go well with your purple brows you should try Pick Me Pick Me from MAC ! It would look great 💜!

8,134 Replies
testing