I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Most of it was many months in the works, especially the full-size skincare. The Clinique overnight mask and the Benefit scrub are both at least a year old. (and the Clinique actually went bad before I finished it sadly; it had a hole in the top crimp of the tube that let air in, so it got contaminated )
Lots of empties! If that's the Stila mascara in your last photo, I actually quite liked it. But the b6 spray was never as magical as I wanted it to be. I think I've been working on the same deluxe sample for oever a year. I really ought to finish it up. Which tatcha product was that?
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Yes, the mascara is the Stila Huge Lash. It was very wet and clumpy on me, and smudged onto my lash line at the drop of a hat. Maybe with a different brush it would have been better, but who has time for that lol.
The Tatcha was the Indigo hand cream. It was a nice hand cream, but definitely not worth the $$$ over other creams of similar quality.
Ah. I have the same hand cream because I think I needed something to meet a promo amount or something. Know what you mean though. That sucks about the clumping and wetness. I definitely know what you mean. I didn't have that problem with the Stila but I did have it with the UD Preversion mascara. It sometimes makes me wonder if mascaras are produced with inconsistent quality because I've had some tubes of the same mascara that are great and others that are wet and clumpy. Or I guess it could be how long it's sat on store shelves.
like and repurchased: belif, algenist eye cream, sk ii essence, nars concealer
like but need a break for now: caudalie serum
great first impression: Dior essential city defense, cnp laboratory blackhead cleaner kit
enjoyed while I had it: urban decay naked flushed in streak. Love the blush, perfect for summer. Bronzer was ok. Does not like the highlight, too shimmery... Dropped it off my vanity and that's the end of that.
everything else: meh
So sorry about your palette. The same thing happened to me with some blush when I was traveling, so I can relate.
Using the same Caudalie serum now. I really love it, but it's discontinued and I have other ones to try so it's time for a break for me as well after this container.
woo I didn't realized that it was discontinued. Thanks for the info.
Yea I found it in the back of my skincare stash. It was a holiday set I got a couple of years ago. I'm really bad at sticking to a product. I admit, it was wasteful. Those dark days. Lol. Thanks to this page and everyone contributing, I am a new person! Totally motivated though my purchasing habit still remain, but one thing at a time.
Yeah. I scored it on a sweet deal when they had them discounted on the Caudalie website and then found more in my local Nordstrom Rack. (I still saw it there recently but I think they are out of stock now.)
I know what you mean. I used to have the same problem and this thread has made me find delight in using things up and going through one type of product at a time vs. having multiple brands of the same kinda thing open.
The cnp blackhead cleaner kit is a 2 step thing, though i think it's really 3 steps. Lol
1. Put the blackhead cleaner mask on... (Its the same size as the nose stripe that you have to peel off) leave it on for 10 - 15 mins. It's minty and ticklely, quite nice. I like. Then you just take it off, this is not like the nose strips, it doesn't harden and stocked to your nose. It just dries a little on your nose and it comes right off.
2. The kit provided black q tips. In downward motion, you just have to wipe the area that the cleaner mask covered in step 1. You should see some white stuff sticking to the q tip and those are diets and oils from your nose supposedly.
3. After you cleaned the area then you put on the 2nd mask, which is the pore tightening mask. It's supposed to close the pores after you remove all the dirts and oils. You leave that one on for 5 - 10 mins and that's all.
So so far so good. I did use one on my nose and one on my chin. I feel it was more effective on the nose than the chin... I have to use more, let see if it makes to my like list in the next empties.
* Wet 'n' Wild Mega Length mascara. It's $3; you can't beat it.
* Tatcha Radiant serum. I received this in a trade and I hate that I like it. It's so expensive! But it makes my skin so soft.
* Marc Jacobs Highliners. These have a special place of hate in my heart. I bought the full-sized ones in the summer and fall of 2015 and the minis were from the 2015 holiday set. The holiday set had been recalled for drying out, but I bought the supposedly revamped ones. Except that I've found that all of my Highliners have dried out. You need to snap off a good chunk of dried-out liner to get to useable product. It's such a waste—both of product and of my money.
*Farmacy Eye Dew. I suddenly developed an allergy to this. And I never really loved it. If I hadn't become allergic, I would have used it up, but not bought it again.
* Kiehl's Midnight Recovery oil. I really liked how this absorbed and my skin just felt healthier after using it. I want to use up some other stuff first, but I'd definitely consider repurchasing.
* Besame violet powder. It only took me 1.5 years, but I used up a thing! I really liked the brightening effect and will repurchase when I use up my Laura Mercier powder (and I'll be transferring that powder to this container, because the LM one broke).
* Josie Maran argan oil. I never got a chance to use this. It was part of an oil set Sephora sold and I kept the bottle in the set's packaging until I used it. Except that the rubber part of the dropper snapped off before I ever touched it. Luckily, I stored it standing upward, so oil didn't leak all over. What a disappointment.
* Korean serum. I can't find English on the bottle and I don't have the original box anymore, so I don't have the actual name. Isn't this bottle beautiful? Unfortunately, the gold flakes are too chunky and scratch my skin.
Mask-a-palooza! Everything here ranged from OK to pretty good.
I have 3 products from that Korean brand with the pretty bottle. The brand is called Missha. Sadly I got the products from Marshalls/TJmaxx and I don't like them. I feel like they do nothing but the packaging is so pretty! Definitely won't be buying any more Missha.
I'm always impressed with how many masks you use. I always think I'm using sheet masks regularly, but never come close. That one with the cupcake on it looks especially intriguing.
Also, it's definitely NOT just you with that Josie Maran oil, I had the exact same problem. It was so annoying! I also have a couple of highliners I haven't used in quite awhile. (They are more unique colors so I don't reach for them often.) Afraid to try it because, like yours mine is probably dried up. It's a shame because I've really liked a lot of other Marc Jacobs cosmetic items but they seem so problematic.
I also hear you on Tatcha products. I have a couple of serums from the sets I bought with the gilt city deal but haven't tried yet. But the creams I've tried are amazing. They work so well with my skin and are the only think I've tried with the CoverFX drops that actually give my skin a dewy look. The more I try the more I have a feeling I'll fall in love. Except with the exfoliating powders. It's hard to tell if they are doing much for my skin.
I try to use one mask a week, and I think I used more this time because I was testing out some new masks from the Ulta B2G1 mask sale. The cupcake mask looks fun, but it wasn't anything out of the ordinary. I might repurchase to make a shipping threshold, but probably wouldn't otherwise. And I used up a bunch of those Shiseido eye masks because I was trying to see if I'd get better results with more consistent use—but then forgot to use them consistently, womp womp.
I treated myself to some UD liners in my most favorite Highligner colors to make up for the loss. I used to hate liners that need sharpening, but since I don't wear liner every day, let alone the same one, I rarely have to sharpen them anyway. And I know the UD ones will last forever.
I got a mini Tatcha facial mist in a trade and it was amazing. The full size costs something outrageous, but I really want it.
@TKLJ Yeah I have a feeling once I try that mist all others will pale in comparison. I really want to splurge and get it next time there is a good sale or promo but I have other mists I really need to get through first. Currently using the renewed hope in a jar mist and I hate it. Stings my skin.
That's great on the masks. I've been trying to use them a couple times a week now that I have a pretty good stash of sheet masks. But it's a lot easier to do a regular cream or mud mask since I find that to get them to 100% stay put I have to be sitting or lying down vs. moving around.