I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.
Re: Empties[ Edited ]
Here are my September empties, not as much this month as I've been too busy and stressed to bother with a full skincare routine or trialing anything new.
The Purity cleanser wasn't a true "empty" since our cleaning lady knocked it over
Also, I didn't realize how many perfume vials I got through this month! Most of them to be honest weren't worn on me so much as they were used just to spray my room whenever I was in it (like the mens ones I couldn't use)- yes that is 14 vials!
Philosophy Purity cleanser
Shiseido cotton pads
Estee Lauder Nutritious Radiant Vitality cleanser
Laura Mercier Flawless Skin polish
Fresh Advanced Lip Therapy
Drybar Sake Bomb shampoo
Drybar Sake Bomb conditioner
Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream
Kaplan MD Perfect Pout Duo x2
Kiehl's Crene de Corps
Fresh Rose Face Mask - nothing good happens, nothing bad happens
Perfume Vials - they were all good, not necessarily earth shattering
Issey Miyake - L'eau D'Issey
Burberry - My Burberry
Versace - Bright Crystal (started off good but then not so much)
Marc Jacobs - Daisy Dream ( not as good as Daisy)
Replica - Lazy Sunday Morning
Cartier - Baiser Vole
Ralph Lauren - Midnight Romance
Elizabeth and James - Nirvana Black (already own this)
Estee Lauder - Modern Muse (doesn't last very long)
Escada - Especially Escada
Victor and Rolf - Flowerbomb
Tom Ford - Oud Wood
Tom Ford - Grey Vetiver
Replica - Beach Walk
Pantene BB Shampoo - I expected that "BB" for haircare was gimmicky but this was terrible. I couldn't use it more than once consecutively without major buildup. In the end this was used as more of a shaving cream.
I've definitely had those unintentional empties. I too really love that LM Face Polish. Usually I'm not one for skincare products from cosmetic brands but I really like everything about this, feel, scent, and results. I tried Exfoliakate recently and it just made me miss this product.
nothing that i didn't love this month but a couple of stand outs
- bioderma makeup wipes
- cinema secrets brush cleaner
- sally hansen polish
- urban decay subversion lash primer
- soap and glory righteous butter
- beyond the zone last call hair masque
- origins night-a-mins
- dr dennis gross alpha beta daily peel
I didn't really have any fails this past month, so I've divided my empties into "will repurchase" and "good, but won't repurchase."
- Burt's Bees sensitive face wipes
- Store-brand cotton rounds and cotton swabs
- Clarisonic sensitive head
- Sephora lip balm
GOOD, BUT WON'T REPURCHASE (at least right now)
- It's a 10 Silk Express Miracle Silk shampoo and conditioner
- Karuna Anti-Oxidant face masks
- FAB Facial Radiance Pads—here's the cool thing about these: I bought them in January and they never dried out. However, they were too harsh for me to use frequently, hence why it took me nine months to use them up.
- Butter London Scrubbers—in other threads, people were talking about how much one scrubbing pad can take off. I believe the pad took polish off one hand, although I went in later with a cotton round soaked in polish remover to clean off any leftover polish.
- Nars Skin Aqua Free Luminous Oil-Free Moisturizer—GWP that was fine, but I'll stick to Nars for makeup, not skincare.
- Kate Somerville ExfoliKate—eh, I don't see all the fuss.
- Nars Audacious mascara—sometimes it flaked, but sometimes it didn't.
- Marc Jacobs Omega Lash in Blacquer—I can't remember anything about this, so I guess it wasn't too bad.
- GlamGlow BrightMud eye pod
I definitely have to add more nail polish remover to the butter london scrubbers in order to get polish off all 10 nails. But I like the scubber pads better than a cotton round so I don't mind.
I don't care for Exolikate either. I have the sample in my empties as well and it took me forever to finish it because it was just too harsh for my skin and I hated the smell. Surprised to hear the FAB facial radiance pads were too harsh. I loved them because they are pretty gentle to my skin. Just shows how individual skin is. I'm also impressed you used up two lip balms. I swear I always have a million going and lose them before I had a chance to finish them.
I also thought the Exfolikate was meh as well. I have yet to find a good face scrub I love. All the ones I tried are either meh or worse. A preview of my next empties, the Dr. Jart scrub I got a sample of irritated my face. Not many products do so that's saying something.
I'm impressed you had a month with no fails. I love BrightMud and Exfolikate.
I've never tried Wal-Mart store brand cotton rounds, but if they're good enough to repurchase, please tell me more about them.
These aren't the Wal-Mart ones (I somehow live in a part of America where a bunch of other chain stores are closer than WM, so I've never really shopped there), but are the store-brand from a local Chicago grocery chain.
I liked the BrightMud eye pods to buy the set at last year's holiday sale, but since I'm still using them up now, I clearly don't love them enough to use up in a timely fashion, so I guess I'll skip them this year. ExfoliKate ... I guess I don't see what's so great compared to other exfoliators? If anything, this one felt a little rough on me.