Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I really wanted to try and not only use up some full size products this month but I really needed to work on using some minis as well.  I LOVE minis but I tend to hoard them :(.  

20180827_001320.jpgThese were the "good empties" and the highlights would include the Bioderma (my HG micellar water), the Philosophy bodywash (it smelled like chocolate--need I say more?) and the mini SkinCeuticals vitamin C Ferulic serum which unfortunately smelled like a cheap turkey hotdog that had festeed in tepid water for ten days but nevertheless did good things for my skin.

20180827_001502.jpg

These were OK.  Wouldn't repurchase.

@CookieGirl1, @eshoe, OH Truth Serum is a favorite of mine, too!  I'm about to use up one myself.

❤️💗❤️ the fresh orange scent, @curlychiquita! I haven’t used it in awhile but it is probably my favorite all time serum.

Nice empties. I love minis and hoard them too. I need to make a real effort to start using them. I used OH Truth Serum for years and absolutely loved it. I only stopped using it when I had to step up to the L-ascorbic Vitamin C (aka hot dog water) serums to treat my sun damaged skin.

@kayceern @eshoe @curlychiquita I've used the OH Truth Serum for a couple of years now but more recently I haven't seen the great effects that I noticed when I first started using it.  I still LOVE how it smells and feels on my skin but like you, @kayceern,it's almost like I need something with a little more *oomph* or maybe my skin has just gotten a little "immune" to the Truth Serum since I've used it for so long.  I've been trying a couple of other vitamin C serums lately and I'm happy to say that my skin seems to be appreciating the change and I'm once again actually noticing that my skin looks different--brighter and more vibrant--again so I guess it was just time to switch it up a bit.  I'll probably eventually try OH again but for right now I'm really enjoying some of my new finds!

Which other vitamin C serums have you found and liked, @CookieGirl1? I’ve tried a few, but haven’t found anything that appears to be improving my skin. I would love to hear, as I am trying to whittle down my products to just a few instead of bouncing back and forth. 😊 thank you!

@eshoe I've tried serums from Jan Marini and Skinceuticals and had good results with both, better than with the Ole Henriksen Truth Serum and I think it's because the concentration of Vitamin C in the Truth Serum is comparitively surprisingly low:

cc.JPG

There's a website that you might check out (boldandblush.com) and it does a HUGE comparison of vitamin C serums that you might find interesting.  There's another one that I REALLY want to try and I've heard absolutely amazing things about it--it's from Maelove and it's called the Glow Maker serum.  That one's next on my list to try!  The brand has a solid formulation and a great story behind it so I'm definitely planning on ordering it.

I'm using Maelove's The Glow Maker and I absolutely love it. I highly recommend it!

This is an excellent comparison, @CookieGirl1,thank you so much! Am I correct in thinking that a higher pH is gentler on the skin than a higher one? I am having a hard time trying to figure out why the Serumtologie isn't the top rated one. I will check out the site you mentioned as I need to find something that works for my skin. Thank you:)

@eshoeUnidentified I actually was a little bit confused about the pH and the varying concentrations as well so I did a little bit of research. I'm sorry because I'm not going to be very good at explaining it but I would totally encourage you to do just a little bit of research because it really isn't hard to get some good answers and I'm sure that you'll get a better explanation that way than I can give you :-). I definitely have a much better understanding after having read a couple of articles, though, and now it makes a little bit more sense to me why maybe changing my vitamin C serum has been a good move for me.

@CookieGirl1 you are right, I just found a good article on the klog that discusses the pH of skincare. I had no idea the acidity of your skin helps to fight bacteria. Thank you for sharing this, it has encouraged me to dig around to educate myself more on this before I buy anything new:)

Which ones have you tried, @eshoe? I've had amazing results with T'iam's My Signature C-Source. It's a powerful one and can be a little sticky, but it's been great for fading my old acne scars. 

Most recently DERMAdoctor, @quspork. I am finishing a bottle now, but can’t say I’ve noticed any difference after a few months. I have a bit of hyperpigmentation from pregnancy that has never faded. Would love to discover something that helps alleviate that! Thanks for the suggestion, I will look into that one🙂

The OH Truth Serum is such a great one, @CookieGirl1! I have way too many minis, too, but now that I have been going through them, A.M. finding some new loves that have surprised me-and I’ve learned the art of decluttering, also 😆 Thank you for sharing!

One more thing-the description of the scent on the Vitamin C Ferulic serum was perfect-I used another brand but it had the exact scent you described. Not exactly a good thing, either, lol.

Hi @CookieGirl1,

I love all your empties! The OLEHENRIKSEN - Truth Serum® is one of my favorite serums. Your empties look great and have encouraged me to stop hoarding my mini's and put them to use! 😉

Warmest regards,

Helen

@HelenBT Trust me, it's a struggle :-).  I know that a lot of other people will understand when I say that I love having minis just to HAVE them. However, I always find that I really enjoy using them when I finally break loose and let go of a few! I've definitely found some hidden gems that way and it's a good reminder to me that I should actually use them sometimes instead of just collecting them, LOL.

I know exactly what you mean @CookieGirl1! I love collecting mini or travel sized items because they are so cute. I have tons of minis in my drawers that I haven't touched because I always want to save them. ;(  As minis are such a great way to test out products, I should really start using mine! Haha. Thank you for your post as I will be sure to look into my endless drawer of minis once I get home. ;D

-Helen

RE: Empties

July and August Empties the standouts (loveeeees): dove deodorant, batiste dry shampoo, shea moisture raw shea butter body wash, lancôme teint idole ulta foundation 230 buff, edens garden stress relief essential oil, loccitane hand cream, beauty blender solid cleanser, sunday riley luna oil, it cosmetics secret sauce moisturizer, l’oréal lash paradise mascara no major dislikes. everything else was good or okay. probably wouldn’t repurchase the rest of the products not mentioned!

Re: RE: Empties

Hi @karap03,

Wow this is amazing! You finished a lot of amazing products. I'm also a huge fan of the LANCôME - Teint Idole Ultra Long Wear Foundation, I discovered it through recommendations by friends and haven't stopped using it since!

Warmest regards,

Helen

Lots of HG empties this week.

If you’re ever in the market for an acne spot treatment, I cannot recommend the Clinique enough. It dries up the worst cystic acne in one night. I’ve tried so many spot treatments but this one is a mile ahead of the others. Already repurchased - I’ve probably gone through one a year for the past 5 years.  Also repurchased the FAB daily treatment. It’s a good preventative measure for acne (big and small) and scarring. Also notable is the Lapcos honey mask. I would like to bathe in this serum! Everything else is a solid purchase - no duds this week. 

CBDB8950-2260-4DE0-8407-C45699DE3034.jpeg

@scott1201 I haven't tried LAPCOS and almost got some last week out window shopping. I should pick one up to try next time. 

8,134 Replies
testing