Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@Beth530,

Thanks for the suggestion! I will need to check it out:)

❤️ Melissa

Empties from the last few months. 

Loves and repurchases:

Spoiler
Boscia Luminizing Black Charcoal Mask, Julique Rose Water, Aveeno body wash, Skintimate Shave Gel, Biolage Keratinedose Renewal Spray, Secret Deodorant, Bare Minerals Prep Step, Korres Wild Rose 24 Hr Moisturizing & Brightening cream, Leaders Tundra Cranberry Anti-Aging and Caribbean Coconut Calming Masks, Dr Jart Soothing Hydra Mask, Sephora Coconut, Revive Collagen, and Tony Moly I'm Real Olive Masks, Bite Agave Lip BalmBoscia Luminizing Black Charcoal Mask, Julique Rose Water, Aveeno body wash, Skintimate Shave Gel, Biolage Keratinedose Renewal Spray, Secret Deodorant, Bare Minerals Prep Step, Korres Wild Rose 24 Hr Moisturizing & Brightening cream, Leaders Tundra Cranberry Anti-Aging and Caribbean Coconut Calming Masks, Dr Jart Soothing Hydra Mask, Sephora Coconut, Revive Collagen, and Tony Moly I'm Real Olive Masks, Bite Agave Lip Balm

The body wash, shaving cream, deodorant and Origins charcoal mask are all staples for me. I'm really sad the Bare Minerals seems to have been discontinued. It was a great physical sunscreen that played well with makeup. The Boscia mask makes my skin feel great, just wish you didn't have to apply such a thick layer for it to peel off nicely. The Origins Drink Up overnight mask and Bite Agave Lip Balm are new to me, but I do really like both of them. I really enjoyed all of these sheet masks, but I was surprised how much I LOVED the Sephora coconut one.

Likes & Mehs

Spoiler
Ordinary Buffet, Secret Deodorant, Not Your Mother's Clean freak Dry Shampoo, KeratinComplex Color Care shampoo, Boscia Detoxifying Black Charcoal cleanser, Coola Sport Face White Tea sunscreen, Sephora Algae sleeping mask, Mamonde Pomegranate Flower Lab Essence Mask, Ulta cotton squares, DDG Original Alpha Beta Peel PadsOrdinary Buffet, Secret Deodorant, Not Your Mother's Clean freak Dry Shampoo, KeratinComplex Color Care shampoo, Boscia Detoxifying Black Charcoal cleanser, Coola Sport Face White Tea sunscreen, Sephora Algae sleeping mask, Mamonde Pomegranate Flower Lab Essence Mask, Ulta cotton squares, DDG Original Alpha Beta Peel Pads

I really like this deodorant formula, but not this scent. The dry shampoo is so-so, but I don't like the original scent. Boscia cleanser is disappointing compared to other cleansers of theirs. I like the idea and price of the Sephora sleeping masks, but the un-re-sealable container is dumb. I repurchased the cotton squares, but I'm not in love with them. DDG peel pads, don't seem to be the HG for me that they are for others. 

Nopes

Spoiler
Bliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask, Dermalogica Multi-Active TonerBliss Triple Oxygen Instant Energizing Mask, Dermalogica Multi-Active Toner

The Bliss mask bubbles decently, but I wouldn't call it a mask. It also was pretty drying. Turns out, the Dermalogica doesn't play well with my skin.

@snoflakefaerie Nice! Looks like you used up a bunch of stuff!! 👌 I have mixed feelings about the Bliss mask. I felt it did a good job cleaning, felt refreshing and made my skin nice & soft, but i agree that it was pretty drying and it really doesn't seem like a mask😉 I just ordered a couple of those LEADERS masks – I'm happy to see you like them!! 🤗

Wow your ❤️‘s list has many of my long-time staples...the Jurlique I ADORE, the Korres, the Leaders masks, and the Sephora coconut sheet mask-so many on the masking challenge love that particular one! Belif makes the best bubbling mask I think, have you tried that one? I have this Bliss, and like it, but the Belif is sooo good, @snoflakefaerie.

I haven't tried the Belif one; I'll have to check it out @eshoe

August empties

IMG_0732.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
These are all staples that I would repurchase except for the Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream. My eye lids can get really dry and scaly during the winter. While I know the Banana Bright didn't cause it, it doesn't help as well as my other favorites. It's fine during the summer and is excellent at depuffing but I've decided not to buy it again. I got this one as gratis, FYI.

IMG_0736.JPG

Likes/Meh

Spoiler
Lush Snow Fairy- Too drying. Not sure what I expected, as I knew the ingredients were mostly sulfates.
IGK Beach Club Texture Spray- I use these kinds of products for volume at the roots. This one was just OK, but it worked best on wet hair. It was a little sticky for my taste and I prefer to use these on dry hair.
Tatcha The Deep Cleanse- This has little scrubbies in it but they don't do much. It's a bit drying, but nothing the rest of my morning routine couldn't fix. I just didn't see enough of a difference in my skin.
Lancome Monsieur Big Waterproof Mascara- I liked this for the most part. It doesn't withstand excessive heat and humidity though, and I have other mascaras that do. Even still, the smudging wasn't too noticeable when it happened.
Clean Rain- I'm terrible at describing scents, I just wish had a stronger scent that lasted like my other favorite from Clean.

IMG_0735.JPG

Nopes

Spoiler
Both of these did nothing for me. they didn't defrizz, detangle, nothing.

@suzyo Awesome job with empties!! That TCFS Coconut Ceramide mask is one of my most favorites!!! 👌🤗

What is the little rectangle bottle at the top left of your loves, @suzyo

@eshoe It's a mini of Burberry Brit Sheer 🙂

Empties

August empties The not labeled silver circle thingie is clinique take the day off balm.

Hi @sonnydee,

Love your empties! The DR. JART+ - Sheet Masks in Pore Minimalist is one of my favorites for when my skin is little more congested. Those pig nose strips are so cute!

Warmest regards,

Helen

Lots of loves this week.

IMG_0734.jpg

Spoiler
The When 10PM is my absolute favorite sheet mask. The belif was in the Beauty Offers not long ago, and it was my first bubbling/foaming cleanser. I now own 3, all of which I love, but this one is my favorite. The bubbling feels like little sparkles and it leaves my dry skin so soft. 

Okay

IMG_0735.jpg

Spoiler
I like the Simply When, just didn't stand out. The A. by Bom's Step 2 was fantastic, but Step 1 (the eye serum) stung and Step 3 was mediocre. The YTTP would be a love, it was really good, I just prefer the slightly thicker consistency of DE's La La.

Nope

IMG_0736 copy.jpg

Spoiler
The fresh Lotus Preserve was ok, nothing spectacular in my mind but not terrible - just something I wouldn't buy as it didn't do anything for me. Sadly, the hydrogel Hydra Rose sheet mask did not smell like roses and kept slipping off my face - I had such high hopes for that one! 

@eshoe Is that a we bear bears face mask? awe! that's so...

@eshoe Is that a we bear bears face mask? awe! that's so cute!

Re: @eshoe Is that a we bear bears face mask? awe! that's so...

Yes, @sonnydee, someone on the Masking Challenge thread used it and raved about it, can’t remember who and I wish I could to give credit where credit is due! Anyhow, when I received it, I was a little skeptical as the Cartoon Network is listed on the back🤔 but it was SO good! I know by now never to judge a mask by its packaging, yet old habits die hard, don’t they😂

August Empties98DBA46C-D52F-41DB-BD66-A1EDAFB84B63.jpeg

Spoiler

briogeo Don’t Despair, Repair Mask - this was decently nourishing; I would purchase once I use up my full size hair masks

tataharper Purifying Mask - an old fave, I like taking samples on trips

CT Legendary Lashes - my fave mascara; have not yet tried V2

UD All Nighter - an awesome setting spray

Mahalo Winter Grace - a very nice serum for dehydrated skin; my only complaint is the scent is much stronger in this version than it used to be

olaplex 3 - damaged hair magic

alpha h Vitamin A - a gentle retinol that doesn’t irritate my skin

DDG Ferulic Acid Retinol pads - I love how much brighter and more even my skin looks after using these

masquebar Green Tea sheet mask - hydrating, fits well, nice scent

75F9E9F5-73C6-4E1D-AD7C-BB6DE0BCCEBB.jpeg

Spoiler

Rahua Hydrating S&C - these were fine but I just don’t find their products hydrating enough for my hair

Hourglass Vanish Flash sample - did not enjoy the colours or texture

Sephora collection Green Tea, Charcoal mud masks - decent but I wouldn’t go out of my way to buy them

farmacy Clean Bee - received as gratis; an ok cleanser but the pump leaks and the scent is strong

Tata Harper Resurfacing Serum - also received as gratis; feels nice on the skin but after 3 months of use I see no difference at all. Probably better suited to skincare newbs

firstaidbeauty Facial Radiance Intensive Peel - good results but the tingle burn is too strong and I dislike how difficult it is to remove

odacite Aventurine Lip Serum - did not like how it made my lips tingle and it I didn’t seem to improve their texture at all. In fact I feel that use of it required frequent reapplication 

Good Day Hair Shop Unicorn Soft Conditioner - tinted colour conditioner from my salon that is ok but I find Overtone more vibrant than this

glamglow Instamud - I like bubbling masks/treatments but I didn’t find this did much of anything 

PTR Cucumber Detox mask - the OG soothing mask

NARS Monoi II Body Oil - Oil is nice but the tiare scent is way too strong

christophe robin Hair mask - did not make enough of an impression on me to want to purchase it

tonymoly Assorted sheer masks x8 - almost through my TM stash; I really don’t love any of these and I find TM masks poorer fitting and more messy than most

thefaceshop Lemon sheet mask - wasn’t well saturated 

skinlaundry Hydrating sheet mask - decently hydrating but I hate how it smells like soap

toocoolforschool Egg Cream sheet mask - not a huge fan of these; they feel too heavy for my skin

E1E28880-8D5E-47A6-A28C-BD59FBC5E7D0.jpeg

Spoiler
Jane Scrivner Skin Bioluronic Buzz 2000 - I hated everything about this. Pump dispensed too much, product balled up on skin, never fully absorbed and wasn’t very hydrating

Is that Mahalo bottle bamboo? I would totally reuse that one if I were you, @Mochapj😊

@eshoe it is, sort of. It’s a glass bottle in a bamboo sleeve but it’s a bit difficult to clean and the pump is a little too vigorous lol

Ah, bummer, @Mochapj😕

Love your emojis and your reviews on everything @Mochapj! I have a few samples of the DDG pads that I am excited to try out. Completely with you on the Olaplex, it's so good.

@playingdressup The pads are really nice. I hope you like them!

Hello everyone!!! So... because I live in New York, I don't really have enough room to physically keep my empties. I thought, since I'm a graphic design major, I'd take the digital route instead! 🙂 Ta-da! I hope you guys like my August empties spreads!

(Ignore the horrible cropping... ya girl doesn't have time to make .pngs without backgrounds 😂)

August Empties - 1.jpgAugust Empties - 2.jpgAugust Empties - 3.jpg

8,140 Replies
testing