Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Hi @sonnydee ,

I love those HUM Gummies! So yummy! Great set of empties. 

Best Wishes,

Janean

thank you 😁@JaneanBT

thank you 😁@JaneanBT

Great empties! I find Hum gummies to be so tasty, I always end up eating more than two a day...lol

I could totally see that with the skin gummies. Tangerine...

I could totally see that with the skin gummies. Tangerine flavor..anytime! 🍊@PenelopeBT

@sonnydee great job!!

thanks 😁@lmaster

thanks 😁@lmaster

Time to finish off January! YTD 36

Notes in the spoiler 

IMG_20200201_141913221.jpg

Spoiler
BBW Body Wash Lavender & Spring Apricot: I love BBW shower gels, and this is a nice light, fresh, springy scent. Liked it enough that I pulled out the coordinating lotion to use as well.

CosRX AHA/BHA Clarifying Treatment Toner: nice AHA toner. BHA is weak in Korean products though (I believe it's more regulated there, though I'd have to look it up again to confirm. Korean brands mostly use Betaine Salicylate, which is weaker than actual Salicylic Acid, and in this particular product, it's only 0.6%), so I didn't really consider this much of a BHA product. I wouldn't hesitate to use this again, and might even rebuy in the future once I've finished off a couple others in my stash.

Bumble and bumble Prep Primer: I love the lightly fresh, minty scent, but otherwise, I'm not sure this did much to help detangle or defrizz. Wouldn't mind using it again, but it seemed kinda useless.

thisworks Deep Sleep Pillow Spray: I've never been a big lavender fan, but this smells divine. Unfortunately, I was recently reminded of a fact I had long forgotten: lavender isn't great for cats, and mine sleeps next to my pillow 😞 I've got a backup, but won't be pulling it out for a while, and will use it only occasionally. And truthfully, after weeks of use every night, I got to where I couldn't really smell it much anyways...using it as a treat every now and again will probably make it more noticeable, and more special.

E&J Nirvana Black Dry Shampoo: fairly heavy on the powder, but it was gone by morning after sleeping on it, so that's wasn't a complete con for me. It worked well and smells divine too. I have one more, and wish I had a larger stockpile lol 

TonyMoly I'm Real Olive Sheet Mask: fine. Not bad, but not a standout. On the thicker side, ok fit, not drippy but plenty of serum, low scent. Would use again.

Lip Smackers Dr Pepper Lip Balm: I was devastated when I saw Ulta sold out of the set I got this from. I have one more balm in my stash, but I need more!! Overall, it's fine as a balm, not terribly special, but that Dr Pepper flavor is totally up my alley.

Rodial Dragon's Blood Eye Mask: wore these under a sheet mask, so it's a bit difficult to really know what they did. They are a thin gel that seemed to adhere ok, low scent. Would use again, but not looking to purchase.

Soap & Glory Speed Plump Miracle Moisture Mask: I've used this mask a few times, and my first 2 or 3 were true loves, but the scent in this one seemed stronger than I remember. Sharp, florally citrus I think. I love the material (2pc hydrogel) and the results are fantastic, but I'm rethinking my love based on the scent now.

Cala Peppermint Moisturizing Foot Mask: budget friendly foot mask that does a good job at softening my feet. I try and keep some on hand, grabbing a box every time I see them at TJM. 

tgin Green Tea Super Moist Leave In Conditioner: I really liked this; it's not too heavy for my fine hair, helping tame at least a bit of frizz on the ends. I'm not sure it was any better than my TXTR leave-in, but now that Ulta has stopped carrying TXTR, this may be my next purchase (once I finish the rest of the TXTR I stocked up on lol).

Pacifica Invisible Powers Dry Shampoo: I still haven't fully figured out how I feel about this, but I grew tired of using it. It's beige instead of stark white, which is a plus. The scent is pretty decent, kinda fruity with maybe a hint of floral, and it's not overwhelming. I didn't find the powder to be all that fine...it's a bit chunkier than the Bumble and Alterna loose powders, though it did still seem to disappear by morning, so it wasn't all bad. The bottle flat out sucks though...it pumps out huge gobs of product, which left piles not only in my hair but also on my shirt and even the counter. And the most curious part: it has mica. Shiny, reflective, ya know, nature's glitter. I'm certainly not opposed to sparkle at all, but I'm a bit confounded by it being in a dry shampoo. There's some left in the bottle...while I decided to declutter after a particularly obnoxious cleanup session, I keep second guessing that, so I may wind up putting it back in the closet and trying it again. Maybe a different bottle would make a difference in my feelings...  

Sum Bum Dry Shampoo: I feel like I used this before and didn't hate it, but I can't stand the scent this time around. It's coconut, but chemically/burnt coconut. And it's not all that effective. Declutter. 

@RGbrown Dr Pepper Lip Smackers is nostalgic for me! 

Some more empties not a lot either

ExcellentExcellentMeh won’t buy againMeh won’t buy again

Just a small batch

23 YTD

IMG_20200121_190549480.jpg

Spoiler
Glow Recipe Blueberry Bounce Gentle Cleanser: a nice cleanser that didn't strip my skin or leave me dry. No real reason to dislike it, but I didn't love it either. Just fine.

Ulta Holiday Party Animals sheet mask: eh. The fit was atrocious; the distance between the eyes and mouth was way too small, so either the eyes were too low or the mouth was too high. The width at the cheeks was ok, but the jawline cut way in, making it way too narrow. And it was too short overall. Perhaps made for kids? This was one of a 3pc cutesy box set, so maybe so. The moisture was fine, and the scent wasn't bad...a bit sharp, but light and dissipated quickly. Glad I only got one set (and kinda sad I gifted other sets out, since they aren't great).

Skinfood Black Sugar Perfect Splash mask: true love and repurchase...just opened a full size. Light exfoliation that really makes a difference for me.

Skinfood Freshmade Cranberry Toning Mask: never could tell this did much of anything. I actually thought I had already thrown it out...was surprised to find it while straightening up a couple of days ago.

Sun Bum Coconut SPF30 lip balm: eh. This just sits on top of my lips and feels oily, but never makes my lips feel moisturized.

Rebels Refinery Lethal Lip Balm: this is a mint balm, and I can't do mint often, but I sneak it in every now and again because I love it so. This was a nice one...decent balance of moisture + longevity. Not the best balm in the world by any means, but great for my mint fix from time to time.  

Skyn Iceland Hydro Cool Firming Eye Gels: I swore I'd never buy these, but Ulta proved me wrong with a recent glitch, so now I'm swimming in them 😛 They are nice, perfectly fine, and I'll use them up eventually. 

I’m a big fan of splash masks @RGbrown! I find them especially great when I don’t have a lot of time for my skincare!

@itsfi 

This is the first one I've ever tried, and I was surprised at how much I liked it, but it quickly became a true love! 💜

@RGbrown I like the Skinfood one a lot; I also like the ones from Blithe - I’ve gone through a full size and several foils of the green tea on and have used foils of the citrus (vitamin C) one as well as the purple one (can’t recall the touted ingredient for it at the moment though - berries maybe?!) boscia has a splash mask as well but I haven’t tried that one...yet. 😃

As much as I find going through a solid skincare routine to be relaxing and a good way for some “Me” time, there are just too many days and nights when a quick but effective routine is better suited for me. 😉

That is a small batch for your @RGbrown 😂❤️

@2manyperfumes 

Hah, yeah, I've got several full size items in progress, so it's taking longer to get through them vs minis 😛

Not many empties yet but I’m almost out of a few more items.  Two concealers and surprise the drugstore version works better on me.  

3C2E1EC9-DBE8-422B-9059-1B6A541E6F4E.jpeg

@2manyperfumes @Which one is the better one? Or did you mean you prefer drugstore concealers in general? 

For me the Covergirl is the very best I’ve ever used.  Now I won’t even bother with most concealers.  When I can’t find the CG I’ll pick up NYX Can’t Stop won’t work.  

63AFAEFA-9242-439B-B846-C4B9A035B383.jpeg

EEAF3FBC-2EC8-4F54-A790-F83B17BFD7B4.jpeg

i haaaaate these.  The precleanse causes dander, the cc. Cream is patchy, and this version of face blur is too watery .i haaaaate these. The precleanse causes dander, the cc. Cream is patchy, and this version of face blur is too watery .

Huge bunch of empties @heartsmyface 🥰 wow the bath salts lol we go through them here too

@2manyperfumes @Oh my gosh I love the bath salts!  I go through a lot of them, to the point I wonder why I even add them to my empties anymore.  Bathing in pure water is just not the same!  They’re such a simple pleasure.  

8,134 Replies
testing