Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@RGbrown, I saw the Lip Smackers Crayola balm and thought “that’s huuuge!” 😆 I’ve been meaning to try that Butter London base coat for a while; I’m sure I have it in a cart somewhere. Good reminder to pick it up soon. 🛒 

Ooooh, starting fresh with a skincare routine?!! A simpler routine has been good for me and I’ll be interested to hear about your new one. 

@itsfi 

I am loving a reduction in the number of products I've been using lately, and it seems to be agreeing with my face too, for the most part. Many nights now, I simply cleanse, BHA, moisturize and call it done. A lot of my congestion cleared up with that, but I also bought the Dermapore when it was half off a few weeks back, and that really helped pull more out. I just added retinol back in last night as I am starting to be able to see more texture from going without it for several weeks, but I'd really like to keep my routine much simpler this time around, and not have half a dozen toner/essence/serum steps in the future. 

@RGbrown, my skin has been doing a lot better with a more minimalist routine, especially this past summer. I’ll add an oil and serum to my fall/winter routine depending on my skin needs. 

You made it through a lot, @RGbrown!

@CookieGirl1 

Slowly but surely I'll clear some of this hoard out 😂

September 2021 empties:

September - Loves + Likes.jpg

Loves, Love-Likes, and Likes

Spoiler
Top row = LOVES: if I don't already have backups, I will be repurchasing.
  • I wish I didn't need to love these Peace Out Acne Dots so much. The fall/winter season offers some reprise for me but until I stop breaking out, these will be staples for me.
  • Cle Cosmetics CCC Cream is a new find. I've already put an order in for a full size. It's a lightweight primer-foundation with a creamy consistency and more coverage than a BB or CC cream. 
  • My under eye area has been more raw and sensitive over the last couple of months as my need to wear masks has been longer and CosRx Advanced SNAIL Peptide Eye Cream has been a nice to help hydrate and soothe that area.
  • All the sheet masks in this top row are ones I will be reaching for this fall and winter when my skin needs the extra hydration, moisture and nourishment. 
Middle row = LOVE-LIKES: All the products here are ones that sit between the loves and likes items. For the most part, they don't make their way to the "loves" category because there are other products that I prefer over these.

Bottom row = LIKES: These are products I would happily use again and may repurchase.

September - OK + Meh + No.jpg

Okay, Meh & No:

Spoiler
Top row = OKAY: I wouldn't have an issue using any of these but they're not ones I would necessarily seek out.

Middle row = MEH: Not bad, but not great. 

Bottom row = NO
  • I didn't see any results from the Glow Recipe Watermelon Glow Hyaluronic Clay Pore-Tight Facial. It may not be geared for my skin type.
  • I wanted to like the Kosas The Big Clean Volumizing + Lash Care Mascara but it just wasn't for me. I heard that Kosas reformulated this product so if I happen upon a DS of the new, reformulated version, I'd be open to giving it a try. 

MTD = 61

YTD = 683

@itsfi Wooo so much progress!!

Thank you @Samtian! It comes in waves but finishing up some things is a good motivator to keep chipping away at products I have.

Dang, @itsfi, you made it through a lot of stuff!  Great job 🙂

@CookieGirl1, thank you! Some of these full sizes take a lot longer to work through than others! 😆

@itsfi 

Dang, over 600?! Nice!

How's the Brooklyn Ellis Bee? I've been vaguely curious, but never think to go anywhere to actually test it 🤭

@itsfi @RGbrown. I bought the travel spray during f+f and I had to return it. It smelled like patchouli with a hint of honey. I am no scentspert but that's what it smelled like to me. I expected more honey than there was but the reason it went back is,  it didnt last long on my skin. It seemed more like an Edt than an Edp. The Sol de Janeiro Brazilian Crush Cheirosa ’40 Bom Dia Hair & Body Fragrance Mist  lasted waaay longer and smelled stronger.

@Buootiful, I’m sorry to hear the scent didn’t work for you. It’s interesting how fragrances can wear differently on people. 

Ikr @itsfi ? Such different reactions too when it mingles with your skin. I remember getting a mini oerfume of the Moschino Windex Clean(?)and a lot of the bad reviews thought it smelled like Raid, lol. I thought it was a pleasant and unique scent that I still enjoy Today. To each their own😁.

Yes @Buootiful! I love fragrance samples for that very reason. There was a scent that I wanted to love and it had good reviews but I smelled like root beer whenever I wore it. 😆 

Ha!🤣🤣🤣 @itsfi 

@RGbrown, much of the 600 empties is due to going through foils and DS in the earlier part of the year. With work travel (or any travel, really) on hold for me, I decided to work through as much of my foils and DS as I could and not adding samples to my orders unless it was something I really wanted to try or I really liked already. So less intake and more output helped a lot. Last year, I went through 1000+ empties; I'm hoping to have less than that this year with turning my attention more to full size products. 🤞

Ellis Brooklyn Bee has a warm, sweet-but-not-too-sweet honey and light, creamy vanilla scent, with just a bit of something that leans on the smoky side. For some reason, the first spritz of this is always a bit sharp for my taste, but it fades away fairly quickly. I feel like Bee is one of her stronger scents (my favorite from her brand is Myth - there are some bolder notes in that one but to me, the fragrance as a whole comes across more understated). It took me a while to come around to Bee. I found that Bee smells best when I'm not wearing anything scented so as to compete with the notes in this one, so fragrance free shower gel, lotion, and the like. 

@itsfi @

Thanks for the info on Bee...I really do need to check it out one day!

@RGbrown, at some point, I think she’ll have a sample vial of them, maybe? as a gwp?? I often wish more fragrance houses would have those more readily available and accessible. Even for purchase. It makes it so much easier to know whether a scent will work for you. 

@itsfi 

I'm halfway looking at a set at Ulta that's got 5 x 5mL rollerballs, one of which is Bee. It's pretty low on my list though, so it may not make the cut if I do a points haul, but even so, I figure I'll wind up with a sample eventually 😋 I love getting fragrance samples! I know some folks hate seeing them as gwps and such, but that's always something I go for (unless it's the same old same old ones that I have in spades). 

YTD 293

Notes below!

IMG_20210929_225016366.jpg

Spoiler
BBW Flannel candle: love

Ulta Sparkling Clementine candle: also love, though I don't think this year's version was as strong as last year's. Still a great scent with good throw though.

Ulta cotton balls: basic staple

Kenra Platinum Luxe One Leave-In: I don't understand creams in a spray bottle at all...I had to just squirt it into my hand to avoid globs in my hair, though once I got it about half empty, I started adding water so I could spray it directly. I dunno that I have much of an opinion...it didn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy, so that's good, but I just cut all my hair off a few months ago, so it's main purpose for my routine (as a detangler) was kinda pointless, and this might be a step I can skip altogether now, though I keep doing it out of habit lol. Light scent, kinda fresh/spa like? Not sure how to describe it, but it was soft and innoffensive. Would use again, though I have no need to buy.

Ulta Berry Tart Body Sorbet: I *adore* Ulta's sorbets, and the scent on this one was just fabulous, a juicy berry scent, bright and sweet, but not cloying. I wish they'd make this a regular scent in the full size tub, as I'd definitely buy more if I could get it more often...normally they put out a 3pk of holiday scents that tends to have one or two I dislike, and it makes it hard to justify buying the whole set. 

Rituals Happy Buddha Body Cream: I adore this scent, and I am gutted that Ulta stopped carrying it 😞 Nice cream, fantastic orange and cedar scent.

BBW Lemon Vanilla Shower Gel: love

IMG_20210929_225107264.jpg

The Oozoo Fresh Capsule: I decided to try this one without the capsule to see if I disliked it any less. It was still milky, and still slimy, but the capsule seems to be the source of the cleaning product scent, so at least it didn't stink nearly as badly this time. I've got three more I'll slog through, but this is definitely not my favorite mask.

Oh K! Acai Berry mask: the material on this is fairly thick and stiff, and the fit wasn't that great, but the scent was nice (sort of a dry fruity scent, not too sweet, not too strong) and it had nice moisture, so it wasn't all bad.

Skyn Iceland eye patches: just working through the stash, they're fine. 

8,134 Replies
testing