Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I had to hurry up and take these pictures before my husband caught me photographing garbage, haha! 😂

👍 Would repurchase 👇

9D1D068D-8DAF-43CB-9C81-B8CCA7C16692.jpeg

👎 Meh. Didn’t care for 👇

C01E1F91-988C-4DD2-8145-D333B17691DF.jpeg

Great empty stash, @Shosh85!

Thanks, @curlychiquita! 😊

What is base for pictures? Something with The Starry Night?

That’s my Starry Night throw blanket 🌌🌠

@Sansara

I think I`m in love!

RE: Empties

I love checking out this page for thoughts after people have thoroughly tried out products. I’ve been saving up my empties from the last few months to share. Most items were alright but items I really liked are the pink Maybelline makeup blender, 2 am kisses perfume, Briogeo shampoo, Franks coffee body scrub, Kenra finishing spray, Bumble and Bumble hairspray, Tarte shape tape, and Cosrx acne pimple patches. Products I really didn’t like were the Cover FX illuminating setting spray, Glytone exfoliating body wash, and Becca Velvet Blurring Primer.

Re: RE: Empties

@danny2785, I enjoy hearing what people love, too!  I'm glad you had a good amount of things that you liked!

LovesIMG_6281[1].JPG

IMG_6282[1].JPG

Just ok

IMG_6283[1].JPG

The Lise Watier foundation might be fine but all the samples were to dark,I tried the lightest one but had to take it off.

Great selection of empties, @Seymore3!  I'm thinking of getting OleHenriksen cleansing cloths during the Sephora sale.

Empties #4 for March. This month was surprisingly busy for me... I'm not yet to the point of using up more than I've bought recently, but for once I can see myself breaking even!

Spoiler

The magnetic mask was hilarious fun, and my skin actually looked amazing the next day, but it's a dimethicone bomb so I'm not going to make a habit out of it. I used this up a while ago but for some reason stuck it back in the cabinet instead of tossing it 🤨

Yankee candle from BBn'B in White Sage. Not much throw, but I used it in my tiny bathroom so it worked out ok.

I used up the wet skin lotion faster than I expected to (in a good way) and I like the concept, but the ingredients list isn't great so I won't repurchase.

Dove is just #3 of a Costco 4-pack. Basic/meh.

I've always had pretty severe KP (custom Rx compounds, the works) and this Neutrogena scrub has been one of the most effective things I've used on a long-term basis. I'm not going to repurchase immediately since things are under control with diet, other exfoliants, etc. but if I start to have need for a specific treatment again I will buy this first before dropping the cash on Dermadoctor.

PhotoGrid_1522442345785.png

I’ll  have to check out the neutrogena - I also have KP on the back of my arms and legs. I’ve been using the dermadoctor scrub for a couple of years but it’s very expensive @fieldsofclover

@scott1201 I've been using this for years. What's ended up working best for me is

Spoiler
after I get in the shower, I wet my hair, step out of the spray, and then lightly scrub all the affected areas with this... then I leave it on while I shampoo. Whether you wash up all over beforehand or after depends on how reactive your skin is, but the trick seems to be to let this sit on your skin for as long as you have time for.

Using this and then a mild body oil (instead of a lotion) after getting out of the shower was what helped me finally start to get the upper hand several years ago. YMMV but I'm definitely not one of those people who "grew out of it" or whatever, so I've been a walking KP treatment lab for 30 years 😂

RE: Empties

None of these are empty, but some are pretty old and gross. It was time to toss them. The others I just simply don’t use. Decluttering is oddly satisfying, and makes room for more makeup! Hooray🎉

March Empties: I went through a lot more than I thought I would.

March Yes.jpg

Loves: 

SpaLife Rome Mask. Favorite sheet mask ever.
SpaLife Tokyo
SpaLife Thai Herbs & Botanicals
Art of Shaving Shave Gel
Commes Des Garcons Red Play
Alexander McQueen My Queen
Guerlain Aroma Allegoria Vitilising.
Dior Show Mascara
Sephora Hand Mask
Sephora Foot Mask

March Ok.jpg

Ok: 

Tarte Splashes Mascara
Art of Shaving Moisturizer
SpaLife Smoothing Foot Treatment
E&J Nirvana Black x2
Commes des Garcons Blue Encens
Sephora Sleeping Mask-Orchid

March No.jpg

No:

Ulta Lotion
Derek Lam Crosby 2am Kiss.
E&J Nirvana White
Replica Jazz Club- Destashed
Hermes Jour D Hermes

I love how many masks and purfumes you used up, @Samtian!  I'll look up the SpaLife Rome Mask!

@curlychiquita Thanks! I was sad thinking they probably didn't make that mask anymore, it was about to expire. But I found it for sale on their website!

Some things I used up on my vacation:IMG_20180328_102835999.jpg

Loves:

DE C-Firma, Boscia Cleansing Oil, Nelson J Beverly Hills Hair Mask, Beauty w/o Cruelty Lotion, Tony Moly sheet maskDE C-Firma, Boscia Cleansing Oil, Nelson J Beverly Hills Hair Mask, Beauty w/o Cruelty Lotion, Tony Moly sheet mask

Spoiler
I already have repurchased both the DE and Boscia. Both the BWC and NJBH were surprisingly great. They really helped with my sunburn and pool fried hair, respectively. I liked the TM mask enough to repurchase, but might not use it religiously.

Okays:Banana Boat, Cotz, and DE sunscreens, Youth to the People moisturizerBanana Boat, Cotz, and DE sunscreens, Youth to the People moisturizer

Spoiler
Last year, I developed some type of rash on my first day in the sun, I think I may be developing polymorphic light eruption, so this year I was really careful about the sunscreens I used. I strictly used physical ones for the first few days, which I think helped as I didn't have a reaction. The Cotz is a little too thick for easy application, but worked well. I don't think I like the DE smell. I was using it on my face, but it was too thick and the smell made me gag, so I used it on my body and it was fine. It's just more than I want to pay for body sunscreen. Once I got used to the sun, I was able to use the Banana Boat just fine. 

I think I might really like the YTTP moisturizer, it just wasn't quite enough to handle sunburned skin. But I think it'll be a good spring moisturizer. It didn't seem to cause any break outs, which is something I struggle with for a lot of face moisturizers.

Nopes:

Ayres body butter, Davines Minu shampoo, Beauty Protector body washAyres body butter, Davines Minu shampoo, Beauty Protector body wash

Spoiler
Ayres wasn't moisturizing enough. Davines didn't clean well enough. I liked the feel of the Beauty Protector body wash, but the smell is WAY too strong.

I love all of the items you used up on vacation, @snoflakefaerie!  Having the travel sizes stocked up really helps!

Lots of great goodies @snoflakefaerie, I love when I can use the little things I save for traveling up! Hope you had a great trip!

Thanks @CC3616. I feel like I'm never out in the sun enough to use up a sunscreen before it goes bad, so this trip was a success in that respect. It was really great to escape the snow and get lots of sunshine!

8,134 Replies
testing