Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I didn't finish much, but here are my April empties

IMG_0566.JPG

Loves

Spoiler
Algenist Genius Vitamin C Serum- I've been using this for years, it seems to be the only vitamin c that works for me.
Dr Jart Premium BB Cream- I've gone through full size tubes of this in the past, then stupidly told myself I should try other things. Well I got a ds of it and was reminded of how great it is and now it's all I want to use. It just evens out my skin without looking heavy, and is undetectable on my face. When I wear it I get comments like "You better be wearing tinted moisturizer or something, your skin is perfect!"
Giorgio Armani Eyes to Kill Waterproof- This used to be a staple, but I've moved on to one from Shiseido. I can see myself repurchasing if needed though.

Spoiler
Korres Body Butter Fig- I really just used this as a foot lotion, I never liked these as a body lotion. 
Lush Once Upon A Time Body Lotion- This was super moisturizing but I was dissapointed by the scent. I was expecting it to smell like apples but it was super floral. It lasted all day too. I like what it did for my skin but really I was just reminded why I prefer unscented body lotions.

Meh

Spoiler
Peter Thomas Roth 24K Gold Mask- This didn't do anything good or bad. I just saw no results.

April empties!LovesLoves

Spoiler
I've raved about many of these before, so I'll just touch on a few things here 😛

Body Shop Himalayan Charcoal is my fave clay mask. It can be difficult to remove, but I think that's part of the satisfaction for me. I have more in my stash already.

Since I've started being more diligent about sunscreen, I tested out a sample of Julep Love Your Bare Face cleansing oil. While admittedly it's the only cleansing oil I've ever tried, I love it. Found a travel size in my stash that I'm using up now, and will likely buy more.

Vichy Double Glow Peel Face Mask: this is like PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Light. Similar concept, smaller and fewer scrubby things. I still prefer PTR, but this is a nice, lighter followup if I want to peel twice in a week. Have more of the packets in my stash, and will just dump them into this jar as I need them.

Ranging from "like" to "fine, didn't hate it"Ranging from "like" to "fine, didn't hate it"

Spoiler
H2O+ Anti-Aging Gel Mask: I like that these are dry gels instead of dripping with serum. Two pieces assures a better fit. It stays on really well. Not sure it did much of anything though, which is a shame...this is a style of sheet mask I actually liked. I have one or two more in my stash but doubt I'd bother buying again unless I see something better results-wise when I finish off the rest.

Henriksen Truth Serum: a staple in my routine; I cut back on it when I'm using the Dermadoctor Vitamin C peels (seems like overkill to use both lol), but if forced to pick one Vit C, this would be it.

PTR Irish Moor Mud cleanser: it's a perfectly fine cleanser. Hate the screw-top packaging though...a flip top would be lovely so I could stand this on end when it gets low. Minor flaw, but oh so obnoxious to me lol.

Dermadoctor Kakadu C Intense Peel Pad: The more I use these, the more I notice a subtle but still somehow strong floral scent, which is really starting to turn me off. I do like it fine as a Vit C product. I still have most of a box to go and will finish them, but won't rebuy.

OGX Teatree Mint dry shampoo: worked pretty dang well with minimal white stuff. The scent is...interesting. Some days I could smell the lovely mint, other days the not nearly as lovely tea tree oil came out more, but in either case, it faded pretty quickly so it wasn't much of an issue. Will consider more when my dry shampoo stash gets lower.

Healthy Sexy Hair Soy Tri-Wheat Leave-in Conditioner: pretty decent product that detangled well, and I felt like there was minimal fallout in my comb when I used it. But...it had a tendency to make my roots greasy, so I had to be super-careful about not using too much. 

Dior Lip Glow: this might be a lovely product in an actual tube, but I hated digging out the balms from pods. Couldn't really tell if I liked it because I was annoyed with trying to keep them clean since the backing doesn't stick back down once opened. Samples like this need to be resealable...

H2O+ Soothing Probiotic Bubble Mask: omg what fun! It's a clear gel that bubbles up once you put it on, and omg does it ever bubble up! Not sure I saw much benefit from it, but hey...the novelty was worth it. Hate the packet packaging, but it's 1oz for $6 and gave me 5 or 6 uses, so I will not complain. If I need a $6 filler at Ulta, I'll grab another, but won't worry about going out of my way for it.

MAC Zoom Lash (purple): This probably should have gone in the nopes pic. I love purple, and I love purple mascara, but that scent...it's got such a very strong rose scent (more like dead roses in my mind) that I just couldn't bring myself to wear it often. 

Clinique Chubby Lash: perfectly fine mascara. Not sure I'd buy more, but I can't really imagine a time when I'd ever have to buy mascara anyways, so I haven't given it much real thought.

Bare Republic Mineral Sunscreen: fairly thin formula, which I'm not sure I adore. But it spreads easily, absorbs quickly, and doesn't break me out, so I'm pretty happy with it (which is good, since I have a full sized tube of the tinted one to work through...figured I'd test the sample before breaking open the big one)

Ulta Tinted Lip Balm in Sugar Crystals: picked this up a while ago, and it has since been discontinued, so whether or not I'd buy more is moot. Pro: if you like thick, waxy balms (like me), this is for you. It sticks around on my lips for a good long while, which helps me cut back on my continual OCD application habit lol. The con though is that it smells like old crayons. Super pungent, and not all that appealing. I loved it at first in spite of the smell, but as the tube wore on, I hated it because of the smell. 

Cowshed Jasmine Eye Balm: when Cowshed debuted at Ulta, I got super-curious about the brand and poked around eBay for a bit. I discovered that one of the airlines gives out a Cowshed sampler to their First-Class folks and tons of them turn around and resell them, so I grabbed one. This was in it, and I have to say I like it. It's thick and quite moisturizing, but doesn't clog me up. Sadly, last I looked, Ulta doesn't even carry this particular item (but I have plenty of other eye samples to try anyways, so it's not like I was going to pick this up any time soon)

Clarisonic brush head (radiance, I think?): I only use my Clarisonic a couple of times a week. While I liked this head, I'm not sure I'll keep up with using it once I'm out of my backstock of brushes...I prefer my Foreo, especially from a cost of ownership POV. 

Nope, not for meNope, not for me

Spoiler
I don't like sheet masks for the most part, so no shade to this one in particular, but the genre just isn't my thing.

Grace Cole Hand cream: smelled lovely, but it's mineral-oil based, which I find gives it a weird jelly-ish texture, and it never really soaks in .
Neutrogena Acne Treatment: benzoyl peroxide spot-on that just never seemed to help me much and is now wwwaaayyy out of date. Destash.
Klorane hair lightener: I tried this with no results, but I can't really criticize it as I don't spend much time outside (and if I am going to be out in the sun for any foreseeable amount of time, I have to wear a hat as my hair is just thin enough in some spots that my scalp will burn)...it's just not for me.
Exuviance Age Reverse Total Correct + Sculpt serum: broke me out
Sunday Riley Good Genes/UFO: did nothing for me...possibly even had some minor backsliding (slightly more congestion and texture) while using it.
Philosophy Ultimate Miracle Worker Retinol+Oil pad: I *know* it's an oily pad, but the oily pad skeeved me out a bit. I have texture issues sometimes with some products, and this was one of them. Not texture issues as in it gave me facial texture, but as in "ew, this feels gross, I can't stand to touch it". Yes, I know I'm weird. Conditioner gives me the heebie jeebies some days too 😛

Fragrance destash; these range from "fine, just not my fave" to "omg NO". Sadly I don't recall exactly which ones are which :pFragrance destash; these range from "fine, just not my fave" to "omg NO". Sadly I don't recall exactly which ones are which 😛

@RGbrown 🍉🍋🌟🌟🌟

Wow, awesome job using up all of those! That ZOYA nail polish remover is my holy grail. I discovered it about 5 years ago and it's all I've used ever since. It's so gentle and smells amazing (well, for nail polish remover LOL).

@blondesluv2shop

The Zoya remover is my HG too; love it!! 💅

Great job, @RGbrown!  Sunday Riley is in the not for me group, as well.  I'm one of those people that break out with any kind of face oil.

@curlychiquita

Neither SR item caused me to break out directly, but I find I have better results controlling my blackheads/congestion with Paula's Choice BHA and controlling pretty much everything else with retinol instead. While I didn't really notice a massive decline, I felt like my congestion and texture went up gradually as I used them. I also feel like my skin has improved a good bit since I finished these two off and started back on other stuff (PC BHA and trying PTR Retinol Fusion for the first time). I know lots of folks love SR, but these two just didn't do much for me.

That's a shame about you and facial oils though...I love them! They have been instrumental in helping me control my oil and I couldn't imagine doing without them. 

@RGbrown I'm glad you love your Paula's Choice BHA!  Almost everything gives me acne, so it is not specific to the Sunday Riley.  There are so many things I wish I could use!  Retinols are my mainstay product, too.

RE: Empties

I think I got pretty much every last bit out!!! Love this moisturizer!

Re: RE: Empties

Awesome,  @KrishAtl! OleHenriksen has great products! 

FB8AF5EA-D95B-4CA2-9635-AB531B6C41B8.jpeg

932BC216-D6B6-4F2C-9066-AF3ED0D43D3D.jpeg

A few more empties to round out the end of April! 

LOVE the lip balm. 

Maybe: the loccitane lotion is great but sometimes it randomly breaks me out. Caudalie seemed to make skin very smooth the next day. I didn’t notice huge benefits from the Sephora mask, but my skin did feel more hydrated even though that’s not the purpose of this mask. 

Nope: missha. The color was SO light on me that I couldn’t test it properly 

@pinyo, that's serious commitment to emptying that Jack Black!  It is a great lip balm, I def get it 💋 I have 2-3 of them scattered among various purses at all times.  They look great with a swipe of lipstick over them too.

Thanks for your feedback on the Jack Black lip balm, @pinyo!  I've put it on my loves list to try when I run out of my current stash.

I can not recommend the JB enough @curlychiquita! I’ve tried over 20+ balms for my sensitive lips and it is by far my HG! 

RE: Empties

Spoiler

👌🏽 Mediheal Rose Flowater sheet mask - I loved the jelly texture and soothing rosewater boost

👌🏽 Skin Republic Platinum Lift sheet mask - a great mask for refreshing the complexion

👌🏽 Boscia Sake Hydrogel face and eye masks - another great gel mask set for brightening

👌🏽 Karuna Antioxidant+, Hydrating+, Renewal+ sheet masks - I love most Karuna masks because of how deeply nourishing they are and how much serum they contain

👌🏽 Farmacy Brightening sheet mask - my OG fave

👌🏽Ojon Hair Mask - this is so old and I think Ojon has gone out of business. I used to pick it up every time I was in the US but the last time I tried it was gone so I’ve been rationing for a lonnnnnnng time

👌🏽 Fresh Creme Ancienne Honey Mask - very plumping, smells like pancakes

👌🏽 Odacite Bl+C - a regular for me 

👌🏽 Clarisonic PediBoost - another regular

👌🏽 Pixi Glow Mud Mask - the best affordable mud mask, IMO

👌🏽 Shiseido Euderamine - used up testing out the ‘7 Skin method’ and yeah, that’s pretty legit

👌🏽 NUDE Purify Toner - I found this at Marshall’s recently and despite knowing how old this must be, I couldn’t resist cuz I ❤️ this toner

👌🏽 REN Ready Steady Glow - finished a second mini - will definitely repurchase FS

👌🏽 Siam Seas Morning Delight - one of the lushest oil cleansers I’ve tried, I can’t wait to buy a FS

👌🏽 Benefit Bad Gal Bang - great for defined, silky lashes

👌🏽 LashFood Brow Food Tint - great for setting natural looking brows

Spoiler

🤷🏽‍♀️ Etude House Bamboo sheet mask - too drippy

🤷🏽‍♀️ Hot Springs sheet mask - did not fit well, smelled bad

🤷🏽‍♀️ Face Shop Cucumber sheet mask - nothing special

🤷🏽‍♀️ Tony Moly Tomato, Avocado sheet masks - nothing special, fit is weird

🤷🏽‍♀️ Candy Magic Collagen sheet mask - no idea where this came from

🤷🏽‍♀️ DDG Extra Strength Peel Pad - too strong for me to use regularly

🤷🏽‍♀️ Keratase Serum Nuit - not hydrating enough now that my hair is dyed

🤷🏽‍♀️ Mahalo Petal Mask - makes my face feel oily

🤷🏽‍♀️ PTR Cucumber Detox Mask - I don’t like how it feels on my face

🤷🏽‍♀️ B&B Save The Day - didn’t really do much except weigh me down

🤷🏽‍♀️ Raaw In A Jar Blue Beauty Drops  - didn't absorb well 

🤷🏽‍♀️ Vichy Aqualia - ok in a pinch, but I prefer other hydrating serums

🤷🏽‍♀️ Skin & Tonic Rose Mist - has an abysmal mister

🤷🏽‍♀️ Amika Dry Shampoo - not enough for my oily scalp

🤷🏽‍♀️ Kate Somerville Eradikate Cleanser - didn’t feel any different than the foaming face mask; definitely didn’t feel like a Cleanser 

🤷🏽‍♀️ Quo Polish Remover - it does the job

Spoiler

👎🏽 Masque Bar Anti Blemish Prone Mud Mask - my own fault, I bought it thinking it was a mud sheet mask but it’s actually just a sachet of mud; terrible delivery system for a product this thick

👎🏽 Pureology Shampoo, Conditioner - too tingly on the scalp, made my hair knotted

Re: RE: Empties

@Mochapj, I love how many sheet masks you've used!  Sheet masks are my favorite! 

Deluxe Sample of La Mer Eye Concentrate - This is a lovely rich eye cream. Moisturizes well but nothing out of this world.  Not sure it's worth the $$ but if you don't mind paying that kind of money then it's worth it.  Would I use it if I got another free sample, hell yeah! 🙂

IMG_5911.JPG

RE: Re: Empties

I always try to snag a La Mer promo!!! @b3autygrl I haven’t used my yet. Idk why I’m Saving it. Lol

RE: Re: Empties

I got the face cream sample and ended up giving it to my mom. It was moisturizing, but nothing out of this world either.

Empties April.jpg

It wasn't a very productive month lol. But I did finish one FS, so thats a plus.

Love-
Serge Lutens Rahat Loukoum

Ok-
Belif True Cream- Aqua Bomb
Crabtree & Evelyn Summer Hill Lotion
Commodity Book

No-
Sunday Riley Ceramic Slip

Serge Lutens has such beautiful scents, @Samtian!

8,134 Replies
testing