Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Hey @eshoe. Don't judge me, but I've had that beautyblend...

Hey @eshoe. Don't judge me, but I've had that beautyblender since 2016 😱!! I washed weekly and used my brushes in between. I just decided it was time to let it go last month. It just got too stiff and the application got patchy. I know 3 months is the recommended time. Like I said loves, no judgement please. lol

Re: Hey @eshoe. Don't judge me, but I've had that beautyblend...

Oh no judging, @IndyQT317 😂 I think recommendations like that are to encourage increased sales😉

Re: Empties

Weekly empties, as always, mostly sheet masks.

💗8857BDE8-8993-4E89-8341-B6560C765AC2.jpeg

Good but wouldn’t go out of my way to purchase again.7F56BD15-732C-4141-AC82-9AEEEFD1876C.jpeg

RE: Empties

September empties was my highest amount of used products since I started tracking In May!! Wooh! My stamples that I will continue to use/repurchase were biore strips, hey honey good morning silk facial serum, OH truth serum and a new love of PTR glycolic solutions cleanser, toner and moisturizer! The products with *s I liked and would use again, no star just meh would use again def not pay for and strikeout is a no no for me!! The Clairol dry shamoo kiwi fragrance did not even help with oil or have a long lasting spray... waste of time for me. The skin & co eye concentrate made my under eye area tingly with a discomfort so I ditched it and let my mom try lol she had no complaints! 💀 🎃🍂💛♻️

Re: RE: Empties

I'm looking for a new shampoo/conditioner. Did you like Hask? I've never tried that brand before.

Fabulous job, @SAlyFitz!

💗 the Lancôme Cils Booster too, @SAlyFitz! Who would have thought a lash primer would make such a difference! 

I had a totally full empties bag this week!

F725557E-57F2-4F66-B585-31B84063B9B6.jpeg.

All of these items are loves/repurchases. I’ve switched over to Olaplex shampoo and conditioner but if that doesn’t meet expectations I will for sure switch back to LP. 

Did you pick up the Lapcos set, @scott1201? Curious if you’ve tried others besides the Collagen one (which I 💗!).

I actually discovered Lapcos via Facetory - i believe the Collagen mask was in the May or June box. I loved it so much that i went down a rabbit hole of finding other flavors and i found them at World Market! But then Facetory had a BOGO where the Collagen was included so i purchased 4 of them 🙂 

Long story short, i didn't end up buying the Costco pack but i think i'm going to get more at the world market F&F sale (30% off!) @eshoe

I didn’t even think of using that discount for the masks, @scott1201! That’s a great idea.

Time to clear out my trash bag again 😁

Loves and staplesLoves and staples

Spoiler
BBW lotion: I'm a bit bored with this particular scent (it used to be my fave and I stocked way up at some point), but overall I like their lotions and will continue using up what I have, and buying more if I ever run out 😋

Benefit Bad Gal Lash: I haven't tried the new Bang version yet, but I love this one; it's the perfect everyday natural mascara (ignore the volumizing claims the product makes...they are 100% false lol). A touch of length and definition without clumps, flakes, or smears, no glam or drama.

CoTz Face Natural Tinted Sunscreen SPF40: mineral based sunscreen in a primer-like silicone base. Applies like silk, provides just a touch of coverage to even things out, never burns my eyes and never ever pills. I have one or two more samples, and will absolutely be buying a full size. I like switching up a lot of products and testing new things, but sunscreen isn't one of them. I'm happy I found a dependable formula.

Burt's Bees Pomegranate Lip Balm: I keep trying other balms looking for something better, but haven't found one I like more yet. It's a dependable staple until I find the elusive HG.

Skyn Iceland Antidote Daily Cooling Lotion: such a fun treat in the summer. I'm rationing out a sample tube right now, and hope it comes out in a gwp bag again, or perhaps goes on sale. I can't justify buying it with my current back stock of moisturizers, but it's on the short list of items to purchase if I ever knock my collection down a bit.

Ulta Yuzu Brightening Sheet Mask: this was a big shock to me...I expect to hate every sheet mask I pull out 😅 This one fit well, didn't move around on me, smelled nice, and had decent results. Sheet masks are something else I have no business buying right now as I have too many, but if I need a filler, I might pick up a couple of these.

Like/FineLike/Fine

Spoiler
L'Oreal Pure Sugar Scrub: very gentle, though the sugar dissolved almost immediately upon contact with water. I prefer a little more grit in a scrub, but this wasn't bad.

BlowPro dry shampoo: a little perfumey, but a pretty decent product. White residue was fair to middling, some but not as bad as others I've tried.

Clinique Fresh Pressed Vitamin C serum: one of the three had oxidized, which goes to show even the more stable versions are still unstable lol. I've got several other vitamin C's to work theough, so I'm not chomping at the bit to buy more (and when I do need some, it will be from Exuviance)

Tarte mermaid skin: perfectly fine, but I don't see the need to spend that much on a Hyaluronic serum. Would use more samples, but won't buy.

Ole Henriksen Sheer Transformation Eye Cream: nice moisture, but nothing special.

SK-II Pitera Essence: nice, but I could never justify the price. Would of course use more samples, but won't buy. I'm currently using a CosRX essence that is 95% the same main ingredient, and the price is much nicer 😋

IMG_20181007_130105293.jpg

Spoiler
AG Hair Simply Dry Dry Shampoo: I find this to be similar to drybar...I like the formula but hate the spray. One tiny press on the nozzle and there's a cloud of powder all over the place that you can barely see through. This would be a love if it weren't for that.

Cowshed body wash: I loved the scent of Wild Cow, hated Lazy Cow, but what I disliked overall was the formula. I shave with my shower gel, and that didn't go well. It left me so squeaky that my razor dragged and skipped instead of gliding like it does with my BBW body washes, and I had terrible razor burn. Oddly, I also didn't feel very clean afterwards. If I had a tub, I would have used it as a bubble bath, but I wound up dumping most of Lazy Cow out. 

Garnier Moisture Bomb sheet mask: more like alcohol bomb 👎 I never would have expected that in a moisturizing sheet mask, and forgot to check ingredients before buying it. 

yay! @RGbrown you found another sheet mask you like!😃

yay! @RGbrown you found another sheet mask you like!😃

I know we haven't quite reached 10/10/10 yet but I wanted to share my progress as I know I'll forget during the week. Overall I had 20 products, I finished 9 by the end of August and 7 will be done by 10/10. I haven't finished the PTR Un-Wrinkle peel pads, COSRX pads or the lip pencil but I've put a decent dent in each. I'm going to aim to finish the pad products by the middle of November. The lip pencil was never going to happen, but when I did want to use one I reached for this so that's something. The PIXI Glow Tonic is the product that never finishes, I thought it would be done a month ago with daily use and its still going strong. I  should finish it in the next 3 days along with the DE eye cream.

large-2.jpeg

large.jpeg

Products I Would/Have Repurchase:

Spoiler
- Pyunkang Yul Mist Toner
- C-Firma Serum
- Lancome Grandiose mascara
- Pixi Glow Tonic (though I have a LOT of acid products so not for at least another year)
- C-Tango
- Hylamide Eye Serum
- Racoony Eye patches
- PTR Pumpkin mask
- Belif Peat eye cream (I like it, especially in the winter if you need hydration but not wowed by it)

You're almost there, @Aaliaa! Great job!

That pic on the CosRX pads is priceless, @Aaliaa😂

Sept EmptiesIMG_0194.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases/staple products
- Shea Moisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hand Cream
- Alikay Naturals Jamaican Fruit Body Scents oil (Coconut Milk)
- Lancome Bi-Facil eye makeup remover
- L'Oreal Pure-Clay Mask Detox & Brighten
- Origins GinZing eye cream
- Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm

IMG_0197.jpg

Spoiler
Repurchases/staple products (continued)
- Missha Time Revolution The First Treatment Essence Mask
- Tony Moly Master Lab Intensive Brightening Vitamin C mask
- ElishaCoy Skin Refining Snail mask
- Elishacoy Revitalizing Ampoule Solution Mask
- The Creme Shop Peaches N Cream Fusion Sheet Mask
- Ariul 7 Days Mask Avocado
- Ariul 7 Days Mask Lemon
- Ariul 7 Days Mask Bamboo Water
- Ariul 7 Days Mask Tea Tree
- Karuna Exfoliating Face Mask

IMG_0201.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase
(First Row)
- Laneige Lip Sleeping Mask
- Drunk Elephant Virgin Marula Luxury Facial Oil
- Indie Lee CoQ-10 Toner
- Peach Slices Citrus Honey Aqua Glow moisturizer
- Benefit Precisely, My Brow Pencil (I've already repurchased)
(Second Row)
- Biossance Squalane + Antioxidant Cleansing Oil
- The Body Shop Coconut Body Yogurt
- Neogen Dermalogy Bio-Peel Gauze Peeling - Green Tea
-Little Barn Apothecary Bamboo + Fresh Mint Clearing Mist

IMG_0205.jpg

Spoiler
Just ok
- Missha Super Aqua Cell Renewal Snail Sleeping Mask
- NIOD Sanskrit Saponins 
- L'Oreal Infallible Pro-Spray & Set setting spray
- Shiseido Pureness Matifying Moisturizer
- Ole Henriksen Banana Bright Eye Cream
- Kopari Coconut Melt (I love coconut oil and it's a staple for me, but I wouldn't repurchase this brand because of the price.)
- Youth To The People Superfood Firm and Brighten Vitamin C Serum
- Lancome Monsieur Big Mascara

IMG_0218.jpg

Spoiler
Products I would repurchase (continued)
- Lapcos Honey sheet mask
- Lapcos Aqua sheet mask
- Goodal Blueberry sheet mask
- Secret Key Pomegranate Nature Recipe Mask Pack
- A'Pieu Green Tea Milk One-Pack

IMG_0208.jpg

Spoiler
Top Row - Dislike
- Algenist Sublime Defense Anti-Aging Moisturizer Blurring Moisturizer SPF 30

I don't remember if I liked the sheet masks or not, so I would have to try them again.
- The Creme Shop Neroli Oil Infused Face Mask
- The Creme Shop Coenzyme Q10 Infused Face Mask
- The Creme Shop Coconut Oil infused Face Mask

This is impressive, @MoniDJ!  I'm glad you liked so many of your sheet masks!

Those are your September empties, @MoniDJ😳? The Crème Shop Neroili sounds like it might be nice, haven’t seen that one yet. Also the Biossance cleansing oil-might need to try that one. Thanks for sharing, I’m a little in awe of your consumption powers 😆

@eshoe I really made an effort to finish up what I could because we were moving at the end of the month. I really didn't want to take a lot of products that were almost gone.

Weekly empties.

Loves/repurchases129299BF-3462-4E35-ADD9-3A230AE157BD.jpeg

Spoiler
This was my first time trying the Bum Bum Cream and it’s an easy ❤️. The Laura Geller Lash Boss lasted a good year, just opened my backup yesterday. I included the Shiseido dermaplaning tool on the bottom right, as this is the first place I saw one of those and it piqued my curiousity. So glad I looked into it! By decreasing my weekly exfoliation down to once a week and using this little razor, my makeup application has improved dramatically. I had started to get some dry patchy areas on my cheeks and it made my blush appear to split in two distinct parts. It goes on evenly now and looks SO much better.

Good!408052E1-1B56-456D-999A-A0512D31BC52.jpeg

Spoiler
The Oerbeau is a previous love; this time I woke up with tiny blemishes all over my face🤨. I have another one so I will try it out again as it coincided with my dermaplaning, so that may be the culprit not sure yet.

The Hello Kitty mask was good but the scent was a little strong for me. Totally adorable though! The Tatcha was fine, a little difficult and slow to absorb, I much prefer DE C-Tango or the Biossance Peptide Eye Gel.

Nope35F33722-9C72-49B5-8472-D409D19253E1.jpeg

Spoiler
The YesTo Masks have aluminum and denatured alcohol. The 23 years old mask I am reluctantly using because I spent the money but the mask itself is terrifying as it has only eye holes and a small slit for the nose, the mouth is completely covered. In addition, the chin is extraordinarily long and refuses to adhere to my face. I lock the bathroom door for this one. The Ordinary is maybe a year old; my skin changed after using this and it wasn’t for the better. That was months ago and I am finally tossing it as I don’t use it.
8,134 Replies
testing