Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

That sounds awful @eshoe@CookieGirl1 ! I have the TO Resveratrol 3%+ Ferulic Acid 3% serum and it has no smell! I use a separate Vitamin C serum and layer it with my TO serum and it’s great! Hot dog water 🤢 !

@eshoe @RGbrown It was seriously all I could think about when I put it on, lol.

The most accurate description ever, @CookieGirl1. At least now that I can anticipate it, I can prepare to tolerate it;)

@eshoe

I do recall reading that description somewhere, and it's pretty accurate lol. It was a lot fainter than I had imagined it would be though, so I was actually kinda ok with it...it didn't bother me enough to stop using it. 🙂

Thanks for explaining why you didn’t like the DevaCurl NoPoo @RGbrown ! I’m going to seriously reconsider purchasing this! 

@keana1

This was the Low Poo, not the NoPoo, so I dunno how similar they are, but it really just wasn't for me. Lots of folks swear by Devacurl though, so see if you can find a sample or set of minis to try before going all in!

Thanks for the clarification @RGbrown ! I use the Wave Maker and I love it ! 

@RGbrown @keana1 I tried the Low Poo in the spring with some other Deva products and had a bad experience but the No Poo has been okay. The No Poo seems more like a conditioner as far as texture and lather. I'm going to try Low Poo again and see if I have a better experience this time but I appreciate your feedback. Doesn't make me feel so crazy about not liking it the first time. 🙂 

@ShortErica

Yeah, I feel a little sacrilegious for not liking it...Devacurl is almost universal in the love it gets. I didn't understand how it could be so watery, and yet so difficult to spread...it was like it grabbed my hair wherever I put it, and just held on for dear life. Pretty sure I just wound up tearing up my hair with my nails, trying to massage and spread it around. Then I'd give up and just add more. I might give NoPoo a shot someday (a conditioner texture wouldn't bother me at all), but I have so much other stuff lined up already that it'll be a while (I've had the LowPoo for 6ish months already, and just now got to it lol). 

...and this is exactly how I feel about the Laneige Sleeping Mask @RGbrown

@eshoeUnidentified

Hahaha, yeah, I'm a heretic for all sorts of dislikes. 😋 Shiseido cotton, sheet masks in general, Laneige lip mask, Watermelon Glow Sleeping mask, and on and on. I should stop now before the hoards decide to hunt me down with pitchforks 😂

I think I’ll try the mini size of the NoPoo @ShortErica before committing to the full size one! 

@RGbrown What didn't you like about the Farmacy, if you don't mind me asking? I just bought one ahhh

@ohheyitscindyk

oh no! Well, maybe not oh no...some folks love it 😛

I find it to be too thin in consistency, and it disappears off my lips in a flash. I also hate lip stuff in a pot (though I do appreciate that they at least made the pot wide instead of deep).

I am also completely baffled about how I can try and try and try to keep it clean, and yet somehow every time I opened it, the lid was full of cat hair. I dunno how that happens... 😛

@RGbrown Ahh darn I really need something moisturizing, thanks for the info! I hate lip stuff in pots as well, but I had high hopes.

Hahaha the cat hair!

@ohheyitscindyk

My current "I swear by this stuff" is Skyn Iceland's Lip Fix. It's really thick and creamy, almost solid (it's a squeeze tube, and almost too thick to squeeze out lol), like a really rich body butter. The Clarins lip oil hasn't been quite enough on its own for me lately, so I'm treating my lips like the rest of my skin now...I use the Skyn Iceland as my "moisturizer", then seal it in with the Clarins oil. This combo has been magic! I only do this once a day, right before bed, but it has made a huge difference for me. During the day, I use whatever other cheaper stuff I have laying around...like the Farmacy or Burts Bees etc.

How have you been liking the Clarins, or have you used it yet? You got one, right, or have I misremembered?

@RGbrown You remember correctly, but admittedly, I've only used the Clarins a few times. Like you said, it hasn't been enough recently, so I haven't been using it. Ahh I actually just bought the Skyn Iceland Lip Fix, but I haven't tried it- what a genius idea, using them together! I would have never thought to do that haha thank you!!

@ohheyitscindyk0

I dunno about where you're at, but this winter has been pretty brutal already (at least as far as Southern winters get), and my lips are really feeling it. I hope this combo works for you too 😄

@RGbrown I'm in the Midwest & we've gotten way more snow than usual so far. We didn't really have a fall to get used to the dropping temperatures.

This is from a stash of more than just a month, but I'm going to try to start doing it once monthly!

Loves:

IMG_6709.JPGGood:IMG_6710.JPGJust okay or undecided:IMG_6711.JPGDidn't work for me 😞 IMG_6712.JPG

Why didn't you like the TF melt? @KaitTheKatfish I have 2 of those biobelle masks on order, the glam & after party. Happy the hum z's are a love for some people. 

8,134 Replies
testing