Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

@sephoraaddict918 Nice job

RE: Re: Empties

Why are empties so satisfying to look at ? Lol.

@sephoraaddict918 how do you like the Julep cleansing oil?

@eshoe I have only used it once, but I already like it more than the Josie Maran oil. The pump works better, it mixes more easily with the exfoliating powder, and I didn't have any skin reactions (which I always worry about when trying new products). I haven't used it for makeup removal, so I don't know how well it works in that department. 

Wait, you mix it with exfoliating powder? Like the Tatcha or AP rice enzyme powder @sephoraaddict918🤔? Please tell me more!!! 

I started saving empties so I could join in the fun! There may be a couple products I tossed before collecting so I'll check my product inventory when I get home and add any not pictured.

Empties for November and December 2018:Capture.PNG

More details:

Spoiler
Heart ❤️ - Love and would repurchase
Thumbs up - Good product, may or may not repurchase (maybe I'll separate this into two categories - good and repurchase vs. good but won't repurchase)
Thumbs down - Did not enjoy
TGID! - Thank goodness it's done! (for products that took forever to use up and I'm glad to get it out of my collection)

Lavender and Sandalwood Olive Oil Body Scrub - I really enjoy this. I received it for Christmas 2017 and have used it occasionally throughout the year. I now have a new one from Christmas 2018 that I'm excited to use next year.

Softsoap Body Butter Shea and Almond Oil - fine product and does its job

Nivea Milk and Honey Lip Balm - okay, I carry it in my purse, it lasts a while and there is a lot of product still there once you think you are done. I used a small tool so no product went to waste

DevaCurl One Condition Original - decent conditioner but I don't know that I've had issues with conditioners. I will use DevaCurl One Condition Delight next and see how they compare for my hair

Soft & Dri Deodorant - HORRIBLE! Even with using and reapplying I would smell sometimes and that is just during a normal work day. People probably didn't want to be near me when I played sports. I convinced myself not to waste it and just use it up. And then it lasted forever. Glad it is gone and would never repurchase or recommend it

Aquaphor Advanced Therapy Ointment Body Spray - this was super lackluster. I need to be better about applying lotion and had this sample to try. The spray is just not a good application method for lotion. I shook the bottle and still it didn't distribute product evenly. The product also seemed to stay on top of the skin and you needed to rub it in. Well, if I'm going to rub lotion in I might as well put it in my hands to begin with. Also I didn't get many uses out of the sample bottle. So yep, not for me

Any additions from the spreadsheet will go here if needed:

Last Empties of 2018 (all loves)Last Empties of 2018 (all loves)

RE: Empties

Last empties of 2018

Spoiler
LOVES:
DeMamiel Summer Oil - one of my fave facial oils; unfortunately it's only available seasonally but it nourishes without feeling greasy

Neostrata Retinol Night Serum - received from Influenster; this was a pleasant surprise and was effective but gentle although I didn't like the silicone-y texture

Neostata Retinol Eye Cream - received from Influenster; this was a very nice retinol eye cream that didn't irritate my eyes although my regular cream seems better for dark circles than this

Overtone Vibrant Orange - fantastic deep treatment that kept my orange looking vibrant and conditioned and only needed to be used 1/week

Clarisonic Pedi - a regular repurchase; great for exfoliating heels

Dizziak Deep Conditioner - favourite new conditioner of the year that works fast and is extremely softening

Josh Rosebrook Vital Balm Cream - favourite face balm; a regular repurchase that has the texture of a cream while nourishing like a balm

DDG Ferulic Acid Retinol x2 - regular repurchase; very effective acid exfoliating treatment

Foreo Call It A Night x3 - favourite Foreo mask; super nourishing and hydrating 

Foreo Glow Addict - very plumping and brightening

Foreo H2Overdose - extremely hydrating

Indie Lee Rosehip Cleanser - loved this cleanser but have read that it's been reformulated so now I'm not sure if I love the old version or the new one; this one was easy to rinse off without stripping the skin

Vintners Daughter travel vial - mini tube from my travel bag, a regularly repurchased serum that gives great glow

Spoiler
Burts Bees Baby Shampoo - for washing my synthetic brushes; was fine but didn't lather much

Zoella Le Fizz - fizzy bath bomb but too strongly fragranced

Skin & Tonic Brit Beauty Oil - didn't do much of anything and sat on top of the skin

Yuli ME Skin Fuel - too greasy 

NARS Pore Primer - didn't cover pores well but does control oil

YTTP Adaptogen Deep Cream - alright but not nourishing enough for nighttime

Odacite Gr+G - travel vial 

Fresh Vitamin Nectar - not bad but not as hydrating as I want a mist to be

Saturday Skin Rub a Dub - didn't feel like it peeled much

Foreo Make My Day - fine but prefer the H2Overdose for nourishing and hydrating

I feel so accomplished whenever I finish a product. 😛 Mostly bc I have so much to work through. I ended up buying more of the bumbum cream bc it smells amazing!!! And, I would def repurchase the IGK texture spray once I go through a few other hair products

70425C24-1B88-4424-BE59-6E5C02186F97.jpeg

I discovered the Bum Bum Cream a few months ago, and I am in LOVE!!! Nothing can compare to that smell! 

Probably my last round of the year...here's my latest Trash Society contribution 😋

Notes in the spoilers 🙂 
YupYup

Spoiler
BBW candles are a love and staple; I adore their peppermint scents especially

Tinkle eyebrow razor: dunno how I ever survived before dermaplaning 😛

Biobelle Decadence mask: I haven't tried all of their masks yet, but so far this is my favorite mask from the only line of sheet masks I can actually call a love. Fits well, next to no scent, and hydrates like crazy. 

FineFine

Spoiler
Devacurl One Condition Delight: I hated Low-Poo, but this was a good conditioner for me. Nice moisture without being too heavy. I always followed it up with their leave-in conditioner, so it's hard to tell which did what, but the results from the combo were good. I have tons of other stuff to get through, but I'll be keeping my eyes peeled for more minis to give this another shot in the future

Sekkisei Kose Lotion: a nice toner. Non-acid, soothing. I likely won't buy it since I'm an Ulta slave, but would use it again

PTR Potent-C serum: ok, but not my fave...my tone seemed to backslide a bit while using this one, and while I have one more of these that I'll finish off in my AM routine, I have happily moved back to Exuviance at night, and feel like my skin already looks more even after just two uses.

Derma-E SunKissAlba Radiant Glow Face Oil: I liked this just fine...didn't clog me up or cause any sorts of problems. Happy to finish it off though, as a wide-mouth oil bottle should never be a thing...getting just a couple of drops was challenging some days lol

Wander Beauty Baggage Claim eye masks: These are fine...I never feel like I get much from eye masks, but these don't bother me, so I'll use them up

Ulta Starry Winter Nights sheet mask: Vaguely perfumey, but not terribly strong. The fit was pretty awful, but the results were good enough that I went to the site to add it to my loves list for a possible future filler...and saw they are gone. Whomp whomp.

NahNah

Spoiler
Erno Laszlo Pore Refining Detox Double Cleanse: I've never been particularly sensitive to anything skincare-wise (I am prone to clogged pores, but any sort of irritation or other sensitivity is completely unknown to me)...this is the first product I've ever tried that farked my skin up almost immediately. The first night I used it, I followed up with a clay mask (a staple that I've used for years, that has never ever bothered me before) and when I took the mask off, my skin was sunburn red. All night! I followed that up with multiple layers of hyaluronic serum, basic moisturizer, and oil...no acids, no actives, no nothing to further irritate my face. There was enough left in the packet to give it one more whirl the next night, and since I hadn't noticed a problem after cleansing/before masking the night before, I went for it...perhaps the mask was indeed the problem. After washing, sure enough, the redness started creeping back, and while my face didn't outright burn, I could feel that my skin was uncomfortable, like burning could start any second. I took the gentle routine route again and took a couple more days off from actives/clays/peels of any sort. I still need to try my clay mask again without this cleanser just to make sure my skin hasn't suddenly rejected it as well, but I really don't think it was the root of the problem.

Dermalogica Biolumen-C Serum: I think this was even less effective than the PTR for me...my tone really took a nose dive with this one.

Sulwhasoo Overnight Vitalizing Mask: fine for moisture, but I don't find it any better than many cheaper options I have. My skin has also been somewhat more congested of late, and while I have been a bit sample-crazy recently, I think this played a role in that.

Sheet Masks (Goodal Orchid Lifting and Pretty Animals Panda Calming😞 I pretty much automatically assume I'm going to hate a mask when I pull it out lol...neither of these impressed me enough to make it off that list. The Goodal has a milky serum, which freaks me out for some reason, and the Panda had just about the worst fit I've ever had in a sheet mask. Certainly wouldn't buy, and likely wouldn't even bother using again.       

IMG_3450.jpg

💖 the Indigo Cream @sockmagnet!

@eshoe I love the Indigo Cream too - I have a new one that I started on this morning, and another back-up one (got both for $68 each during the various sales). I probably won't crack open my replacement Water Cream (also bought on sale) until I use up a couple of travel sizes of different creams that I'm not as keen on but don't want to waste. Empties are a bit boring to post when they are just a batch of staples, but I like seeing what everyone else is using. 

I love seeing everyone’s empties @sockmagnet, when I discovered this thread I was pretty excited 😆

Probably my last empties post for 2018 🤗 Everything in the picture has been repurchased at least once or several times except loccitane body wash, Cover fx primer and Bobbi Brown eye cream

Here are my empties from the last month. This is my sixth or seventh re-buy of the Luna Sleeping Oil by Sunday Riley. Love it. And the smell of Blue Tansy doesn’t hurt either! Loved the brow powder by Benefit! It’s on my to-buy list. Love the Fresh soy face cleanser. It’s one of my staples. Love the KVD setting spray. Took this mini on a trip with me. It’s also one of my staples. Love the Kevyn Aucoin celestial skin liquid lighting. I mix it with my foundation. Love the Kale and green tea spinach vitamins face wash by Youth to the People. Will buy this next. Everything else was pretty unmemorable.

empties 12-18.jpg
Kiehl's Since 1851 Ultimate Strength Hand Salve 5 oz/ 150 mLThis is the best hand cream out there, period.  I prefer it to the L'OCCITANE - Hand CreamsShea Butter by a hair.

L'Occitane Cleansing And Softening Refillable Shower Oil With Almond Oil 8.4 oz/ 250 mLT
he smell is a bit strong and I don't like that it doesn't foam up much. Kiehl's has a similar product, but it gets nice and foamy even with the oil.  This was my last of that hated Cherry Blossom scent--yay!  

The Crabtree & Evelyn soap was a hotel soap--I like the scent and the creaminess, so I bring them home to use as hand soap, but I wouldn't go out and buy it.

Kiehl's Since 1851 Daily Reviving Concentrate 1 oz/ 30 mlIs a nice face oil.  I mostly use it for my neck and chest area.  I'll buy it again, but right now have some other oils to use up first.

The two setting powders are Laura Mercier and Hourglass.  They were both OK, I'm still looking for my unicorn in a setting powder.

KIEHL'S SINCE 1851 - Nightly Refining Micro-Peel Concentrate It took a couple of months, but I really saw noticeable difference in the fine lines on my forehead when I began using this under a face cream every other night, alternating with a mask.  I haven't replaced it yet as I have a couple of similar product samples from other manufacturers to try first, but it will likely become and staple in my routine.

I really liked both of the Kiehl's Masks, and will definitely repurchase the Kiehl's Since 1851 Rare Earth Deep Pore Minimizing Cleansing Clay Mask 4.2 oz/ 125 mL.  It goes on so creamy and  leaves my skin supple and bursting with moisture.

The RITA HAZAN - True Color Shampooand Conditioner were both fine, but nothing I'm running out to buy.  There are better products for my hair on the market.

The Oribe Body Wash I'll never spend the money on.  It's nice and creamy but you need a lot of it and I don't see a positive quality to price ratio there.

The Kiehl's Since 1851 Midnight Recovery Concentrate Moisturizing Face Oil 1 oz/ 30 ml
is one of my favorite things.  I love the calming smell, I use it on my face, cuticles, neck and chest.  I put a tiny bit under my nose when I fly, I use it on chapped skin, it's really soothing if you have a cold and your nose is raw.  A bottle lasts forever (the little sample with the broken dropper I ended up draining into my big bottle).

The Kiehl's Midnight Recovery and Daily Reviving Concentrates are staples in my skincare routine! 

I love the Kiehl’s Concentrate too, @flamingolegs. Very soothing and it really keeps my skin hydrated through the night!

november empties....close to the end of December.... and i'm way to lazy to write actual thoughts about anything...so if there is something someone wants to hear about let me know!

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.36.08 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.35.32 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.35.16 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.34.59 PM.png

Screen Shot 2018-12-13 at 7.34.47 PM.png

makeup

would repurchase

• Clinique stay matte oil free makeup
  • it cosmetics cc+
  • mac strobe cream
  • becca backlight priming filter
  • jouer aluminizing moisture tint
  • mac mineralize skin finish in soft & gentle
  • too faced marshmallow bunny
  • hourglass ambient lighting palette

would use again

• mac fix + coconut
  • colour pop supers hock cheek in aphrodisiac
  • physicians formula butter bronzer
  • colourpop super shock shadows (half light, new magic, sunbeam, acorn, static)
  • lancome color design infinite 24 hour eyeshadow in perpetual pink
  • bite opal
  • too faced melted violet
  • too faced glitter glue
  • clinique beyond perfecting foundation & concealer
  • make up for ever ultra hd
  • colorpop super shock cheek in aphrodisiac
  • the balm frat boy
  • the balm pin stripe
  • cargo windsor
  • bite agave lip balm & scrub
  • beck shimmering skin perfector in opal