Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Great reviews @suzyo !  I love seeing so many full sizes!

You used up a lot of great full sizes, @suzyo!

Latest trash! 😊

IMG_20190302_145515205.jpg

Spoiler
STAPLES
BBW candles, Burt's Bees Lip Balm, Paula's Choice 2% BHA: all loves and repurchases

FINE AND DANDY, WOULD REUSE
VS Smoothing Scrub Wash: nothing special, but lathered fine and cleansed well. 

My Beauty Spot Vanilla Coconut mask: smelled like neither vanilla nor coconut, but had just the faintest fresh scent, barely detectable. Nice moisture. Fit wasn't great. Not a love, but not bad. 

Patchology Illuminate mask: light, fresh scent, but it had a "dirty" or chemical undertone at first that made me wrinkle my nose a bit. That dissipated within a few minutes, thankfully, and became much more tolerable. The fit was ok. I never expect brightening from a one-time product, so there was no disappointment lol. Decent moisture though. Again, not great, but not bad.

Sephora Lavender Foot Mask: I'm not typically a fan of lavender scents, but this was light and pleasant. I wound up zoning out and wearing them for about two hours, so my feet were plenty soft lol. I don't think about foot masks very often, but would absolutely get more as fillers if Sephora hadn't pulled them from the site 😛

Mario Badescu Herbal Hydrating Serum: a nice lightweight hydrator for an extra layer of moisture. I have tons of serums and samples in this category, but would consider buying this one once I finish everything off. 

mmmmmm Champagne Toast is one of my favourite B&BW scents @RGbrown ! Thanks for the reviews to accompany the pics!

@RGbrown Love your empties! Thanks for sharing your empties!

Best,

Rebecca

@RGbrown read your comment that the foot masks were pulle...

@RGbrown read your comment that the foot masks were pulled from the site & immediately looked them up.😟 phew! 😅 they are available as of now. I think they update the "look" often. Almond is my fav!

Re: @RGbrown read your comment that the foot masks were pulle...

@sonnydee @faeriegirl 

Ahhhhh, sorry for the scare! I see they're back now, but they were gone for about a week. 😛 

@RGbrown They don’t look different but they say new.  I wonder if they changed something in them?

@sonnydee the almond is my favorite too. I would be so upset if they stopped carrying them!

February emptie

AEB81EE8-8FA7-40FB-835D-91EBB041A53F.jpeg

Spoiler

😍

Bliss Soapy Suds Body Wash - my fave body wash that they no longer make; when I find it at Marshalls, I buy it all

Dr Jart Water Full mask - a nice hydrating sheet mask for combatting wind chapped skin

Delectable Sugar Plum hand cream - a cinnamon-y hand cream that’s smooth but not greasy

Farmacy Lavender Mint Lip Bloom - a  decent lip balm with an inoffensive scent

H Is For Love Bara Balm - a beautiful face balm that I like a lot more now that they’ve removed shea butter

Olaplex 3 - a constant in my routine for maintaining coloured hair

Briogeo Don’t Despair Repair x3 - another good treatment for coloured hair

Mahalo Winter Grace - my favourite seasonal face balm, it’s extremely rich and smells divine

DDG Ferulic Acid Retinol - very effective peel pad

F52EA198-EF5C-4FC9-A611-98A4C0DA0540.jpeg

Spoiler

😴

Odacite Winter in Paris - not my fave Odacite serum; doesn’t absorb as well as I’d like

Neostrata Neck Firming Cream - received from Influenster; didn’t do anything for me

Velvette Daily Facial Oil - too heavy for my skin

Moon Juice Beauty Shroom - did not care for the texture of this, although it was hydrating

bath pouf 

DDG Alpha Beta Peel Extra x3 - fine but not something I bother to purchase for myself

May Lindstrom Pendulum Potion - a little too heavy for my cleanser tastes

DE B Hydra - not my favourite hydration product; it always makes my skin sting a little

Clinique Custom Jelly - didn’t like the texture of the combined serum

CT Magic Foundation - one shade wasn’t the right match and the one that was did not seem to be nearly as demi-matte as they claimed it should be although it does look lovely on

@Mochapj , you and @suzyo are convincing me to buy Olaplex No. 3 Hair Repair Perfector 3.3 oz / 100 mL

I do love it but I have so much thick hair that its expensive for a one time use. 

Lots of great empties @Mochapj, I don’t see the Mahalo often so it’s fun to see. 

Nice month of empties you got there @Mochapj !! I really liked the Bliss Vanilla + Bergamot Body Cream. I was sad when I couldn't find it anywhere!

Latest batch o' trash! Mostly likes with just a couple of nahs...all in all, good stuff!

Notes in the spoiler 😄

IMG_20190219_010444986.jpg

Spoiler
LOVE
St Tropez Exfoliating Mitt: meant for self-tanner removal or pre-tanner exfoliation, but I just enjoy using a body scrub with a mitt instead of gloves or bare hands. Shower mitts are hard to find though...this is all I could come up with between all of the drugstores, Target, and Ulta. Works great, though perhaps a bit overkill with a scrub, since it's pretty scrubby on its own. 

Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub, Coconut Lime: smells heavenly and works really well. Doesn't leave the shower slippery, and rinses cleanly. Have more in my stash, and would absolutely buy again if I ever deplete my current stash.

The Better Skin Company Lava Magik Scrub: I'm noticing a theme in my loves this week 😛 Smells fabulous (citrus scented). The scrubby bits are about equivalent to the ones in the PTR Pumpkin Mask, and this is jam-packed with them...it just takes a tiny bit spread out with a little water to scrub your face. (I got something like 12-15 uses out of this tiny 0.25oz jar). Have another mini, and while I don't use scrubs on my face often, I'm contemplating a purchase of a full size when that's gone. 

BBW Happy Birth-Yay candle: one of their citrus scent (Snowflakes & Citrus, maybe?), smells divine

Dove Intensive Repair Shampoo: I rarely reach for drugstore stuff from my sample bin anymore, but this came in leaky, so I figured I'd finish it off. I have to say, I was really impressed. Intensive Repair sounds way too heavy for my fine, thinning hair, but it wasn't (on the flip side, maybe that means this isn't as Intensive as it should be 😛 ). This left my hair nice and clean without stripping it or weighing it down. Would absolutely use again, though there's no chance I'll be buying it (or any shampoo due to my giant stash) any time soon.

Vichy Quenching Mineral Gel Mask: I had some skin irritation for a while, and used this as a sleeping mask for a little extra moisture and comfort after my full routine. It soaks in well, and left my skin happier and softer. Perhaps a touch too light for dry winter air, but I have a feeling I'll love this one even more come summer. I have more in my stash that I'll pull out come April or so 

Clinique Fresh Pressed Powder Cleanser: I really liked this, but the price is a bit ridiculous to me ($29.50 for 28 packets). If I could get it significantly cheaper in bulk, and put it in an old-school powder soap dispenser, I'd totally be down with it though 😛

Real Chemistry Fresh Start Foaming Cleanser: I found this pretty gentle, and no added fragrance is a great factor. Have another one IIRC, and might consider a purchase some day...too many samples to try out for now though.

Valjean Labs Restore Niacinamide + Zinc: not necessarily tied to this brand, but I love adding niacinamide to my routine. I have more because it's cheap ($6.99/54mL at TJMaxx), and would absolutely rebuy.

NAH
Clarisonic Deep Pore Brush: too scratchy for me anymore...after trying the Radiance head, I didn't want to go back to this one, but I made myself use it enough to call it done 😛

PTR Retinol Fusion PM Night Serum: not a bad product at all, but it's squalane-based, and while I know squalane is good, I'm a bit over the oily texture. Going back to some creamy retinol samples, and if I don't find one I like better, I'll likely go back to Paula's Choice 1% for purchase.

The Tree Hut Shea Sugar Scrub has become my favorite body scrub @RGbrown !!! I am currently using the Moroccan Rose, and it smells absolutely divine!!! 

I totally agree with you about the Radiance brush head! Once you go Radiance, there is no turning back!! I used the Delicate brush back in the day because it was the only one gentle enough for my sensitive skin. The Radiance brush head has been a wonderful replacement after the Delicate brush head was discontinued.

@RGbrown I feel like the Clarisonic Deep Pore brush head is too scratchy right now for me, too. I've been wanting to try the Radiance brush head 🙂

@ohheyitscindyk 

The Radiance head is sooooo nice! It's much softer, like fluffy velvet 😄

RE: Empties

January empties! A good month!! I started using color codes to track theareas I’m using in most skincare =red, hair care = royal blue, body care = black, oral care = green, makeup = purple, nail care = light blue, fragrance = middle color blue! I use the most skincare! Faves were body shop tea tree toner, UD makeup meltdown remover stick, YTTP goji oil, caudalie foaming cleanser, all the PTR masks!!!, Josie maran face butter, and Clinique pep start 2 in 1 cleanser although I haven’t repurchased any due to low buy/stock pile usage! Actually I did get another PTR cucumber mask in a reward ☺️

27 full sized is amazing, @SAlyFitz! Way to shop your stash!

27 full sized is amazing, @SAlyFitz! Way to shop your stash!

RE: Empties

This is awesome! Thanks for making such a great thread!

5D8771AB-BD54-4C98-92F9-9EDF72D75821.jpeg

C23324F3-8738-4F50-AC69-9BB5427450CA.jpeg

To repurchase/purchase immediatelyTo repurchase/purchase immediately

8,134 Replies
testing