Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: RE: Empties

@CookieGirl1 Hopefully you see this, I know it's been... several of months. Nope, they are not even close. DHC is firmer so it's better for acids. Texture is completely different. 

Thanks, @dziggi 👍

RE: Empties

Jan & Feb empties / decluttered !!! La Mer The Concentrate is definitely a staple, already gone through a 1.7OZ and bought another Dior matte 999 was a 100 point reward , loved it will consider purchasing the full size Becca hydra-mist setting powder - great for the summer, very cooling, but the watery feeling dried off in a few months Elizabeth Arden Prevage serum made my skin look good even with a lack of sleep sometimes, will repurchase Lancôme Genifique - staple, I either have this or Estée Lauder ANR serum Dr Jart serum and origins mask came in the sets I bought, so-so Dior brow powder - expensive ($50+), lasted me 2 years, had to finally throw it out. As you can see there’s still so much product left. The wax is not useful to me Stila glitter eyeshadow - great, nice color, dried up in a few months Benefit dandelion blush mini - very natural, will not mind purchasing full size Too faced liquid lipstick in Gingerbread man was my holiday favorite. Loveeeee the smell and color but sadly it expired 😞

@gingerfatman FYI, the Lancôme Advanced Génifique Radiance Boosting Face Serum 1.69 oz/ 50 mL is going to be featured in the upcoming Ulta sale :).  I'm planning on purchasing one myself.

Oh really? How did you find out about it? I didn’t get any email from ulta on the sale 😞 

@gingerfatman 

Come hang out with us on the Ulta thread...we've got all the best deals, including a preview of the 21 Days event that starts on the 15th 😁

(Emails haven't gone out for it yet, and won't until the event starts)

https://community.sephora.com/t5/Savvy-Shoppers/Ulta-GWPs/td-p/2570769

Nice work work with the empties and declutters @gingerfatman! 😃 I’ve heard good things about the Elizabeth Arden Prevage. 

Yes, I can’t usually tell the difference when I try a new product, but with prevage I could sort of tell that my skin looks better especially when I sleep late. 

Empties

February contribution to trash society, aka empties. 😁 Top: Loves,middle:like/ok bottom: no, not for me. Used to love the soap & glory but I think they changed the formula so its no longer a a hg💔 not pictured but counted TCS clean up skin mask! its a love & I'm glad I have more. 28 total. 63 total ytd

Re: Empties

Trash society!  I love it @sonnydee !

Excellent work on the empties @sonnydee!

thanks @itsfi as long as im over 20 for the month I'll be...

thanks @itsfi as long as im over 20 for the month I'll be happy-lil weekend trips help.😁 Here I come spring break!

Time to clean out February!

I didn't think I'd finished off much the last couple of weeks, so seeing this much in my bag surprised me a bit 😋

YTD 93

Notes in the spoilers

IMG_20200228_144032193.jpg

Spoiler
Zoya Remove+: HG status. Not nearly as drying as pure acetone, and does a better job of locking the color into the cotton ball instead of smearing it around my fingers.

Ole Henriksen Truth On The Glow Cleansing Cloths: too heavily scented for me. I normally love citrus scents, but these were cloyingly sweet. Never again!

Eve Lom Rescue Mask: lovely clay mask. Herbal/medicinal scent (camphor). Dries down in a cracked/flaky manner...never feels dry or tight. I have too many clay masks to consider buying more right now, but if my stash ever gets smaller, this will be a repurchase in the future.

Wet n Wild Megalength Mascara: I think I liked it? But I also think I last wore it to my sister's wedding almost 4 years ago and then forgot I had it 😛 Destash.

Ulta Sweet Grapefruit Body Scrub: nothing exceptional. Decent scrub, but didn't wow me. Smelled good, and did its job, but I have others I prefer more.

Yuni Shower Sheet: nice for a quick cleanup when needed.

Ulta Aromatherapy Shower Tablets (Verbena & Lemongrass): true love for a luxe scent in the shower.

Bliss Aloe Leaf & Peppermint Foot Cream: eh. Too thin for my taste, but would be good for those that put foot lotion on before slipping on sandals. It absorbs quickly and does a decent job. I love the mint, but find the lotion itself a bit lackluster. I much prefer BBW True Blue Spa for a thick, rich foot cream.

Paul Mitchell Invisiblewear Conditioner: not bad, but not great. Perhaps a bit too light for my drier ends, but at least it didn't weigh my hair down or make it greasy.

Matrix Airdry Glotion Spray: ok in light doses on wet hair, but I found it too heavy for reactivating curls on non-wash days. The scent is fairly strong as well. It dissipated on wet hair as it dried, but used on dry hair, it hung around forever. I'd call it a fairly generic, borderline overwhelming, salon scent, floral-heavy, maybe honeysuckle, too sweet for me.

Patchology Restoring Night Eye Gels: thin gels that stayed in place well. Low scent IIRC. I'm not a connoisseur of eye gels, so I don't have much feedback. Didn't dislike them, but I don't gravitate towards this category of products anyways. 

PTR Pumpkin Enzyme Mask: true love

Clinique Moisture Surge Overnight Mask: really nice as an extra mask on dry days, and also nice as just a moisturizer on my really lazy days. Can't recall if I have more or not, but I have a few other sleeping masks to get through. Would love to have more at some point though.

Thann Hydrating Emulsion: a nice extra layer of moisture, but way too fragranced for my taste. Floral/herbal scent that was ok some days, but overwhelming on others.

Origins Plantscription Anti-Aging Eye Power Cream: perfectly fine. Plenty of moisture without being too heavy, and didn't break me out. Not outstanding, but not bad. 

IMG_20200228_143719881.jpg

Spoiler
I finally organized my sheet masks by expiration date, and perhaps I wasn't terribly surprised, but roughly half of my collection expired in 2017/2018/2019 😮 As long as they smell fine/look fine/feel fine when I open them, I'm not put off by this, but I am now in "use 'em up" mode!

The only terrible one here was the Ulta Holiday Party Animals. The fabric was stiff to begin with, but the added black paint for the penguin face printed on it was hard, so it didn't lay down at all. And the fit was awful. This one wasn't expired (I used it before the reorganization).

I was surprised at how much I liked the 2 TCFS Coconut masks. Super thin fabric, almost tencel-like, excellent fit, sat well on my face, great moisture, low scent. Would absolutely use these again, and I'm bummed I don't have more in my stash.

Leaders and TonyMoly were all fine, nothing exceptional for me. Low scent, decent fit. The Leaders coconut gels are exceptionally thin for a gel, and adhere really well, but on the flip side, they are tricky to get on, so it's a bit of a wash for me personally. All of these are ones I'd reuse again (and will...I think I have more of most, if not all, of them), but I doubt I'd rebuy. Once I finish off the masks I have, I'll probably stick to buying my very few true loves (mostly Biobelle at this point, and maybe those TCFS coconut ones above).

I love how you cut some of the packages open! I do that too!  Only on the stuff I really like and want to get ever last drop of !

I have two packs of those Ulta shower tabs open and I really like them too.  So glad I tried them on a whim!  Those TCFS masks really are great @RGbrown I'm glad you found some to use at least!  I'm with you on using up masks too... If they still smell ok I'd use em too.

@RGbrown, the Zoya polish remover is a thing of beauty! ♥️ My skin loves those TCFS sheet masks, especially that coconut ceramide ones. Such a thirsty quenching drink for parched, dry skin.

@itsfi 

I'm a cheapskate in a lot of regards, but I will continue to pay for the Zoya remover over plain old acetone for eternity. It's worth every penny when I do my nails as often as I do. ❣️

I wish I hadn't sat on those TCFS coconut masks as long as I did; Ulta doesn't carry them anymore so it won't be quick and easy for me to restock. Will have to check out other retailers at some point!

@RGbrown, the Zoya remover is worth paying for. 

For the Too Cool For School sheet masks, check out these sites when you’re ready to buy 😉

yesstyle dot com - just check to make sure the availability or expected ship date is the same for both masks; otherwise your items won’t ship until all items are in stock

revolve dot com

us dot lookfantastic dot com - currently 15% off with code FEMALE15

@itsfi 

Thanks so much! 

RE: Empties

Jan and Feb Empties! loved: lancer the method polish, urban decay all nighter, bobbi brown eye opening mascara, anastasia beverly hills brow defines, givenchy teint couture ever wear foundation, dior forever skin glow foundation. disliked: urban decay perversion mascara (too wet and goopy).

Nice batch of empties @karap03. We must have opposite mascara tastes - I didn't like Bobbi Brown but did like the Perversion. 🙂

8,134 Replies
testing