Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I've been working on that one since the Spring so it's been a long time coming! 🙂

Only spring! More impressed then! I have eyeshadow add, I try to rotate them and give them all equal love, but then new ones come home...sigh. Is that 5 pan challenge thread still running? I'm thinking of doing that

Loves: will purchase or be excited to use again

emptiesoct1.jpg

Standouts:

Spoiler

SR good genes: huge acne scar improvements

Dr. Jart tiger grass cream

Tony moly my little pet eye patches

LP style extender

Bite agave mask

Okay: would use again but not buy

emptiesoct2.jpg

Spoiler

Shiseido instant eye was very instant. They aren't kidding. I saw huge improvement when I took off but then 15 minutes later gone.

I liked the alba body wash and booth lotion and would repurchase both on sale

No:

emptiesoct3.jpg

Spoiler

Ulta eye makeup remover stung!
Lancome genifique broke me out

The becca primer picked right back up when you tapped over it with the blender

tarte rainforest of the sea cleanser wouldn't even remove a single layer of light eyeshadow, just balled it up and left glop on my eyelids.

Smashbox X-rated didn't dry completely and smudged.

That's an impressive lot of empties!

Thanks @kelloua! I am trying to make a dent in the neverending foil pile that just takes up space and looks cluttered. Bring on november!

October Empties

10.16 empties.jpg

Loves - will repurchase

10.16 loves.jpg

Spoiler
-Aveeno Lotion
-Beautyblender Solid Cleanser
-Beautyblender Sponges (2)
-Giorgio Armani Maestro Fusion Compact Shade 5.5
-Belif Aqua Bomb (3)
-Philosophy Purity
-Caviar Anti-Aging Replenishing Shampoo and Conditioner
-UD Naked Skin Concealer in Med Light Neutral
-Tarte Amazoanian Clay Foundation in Medium Sand
-Hourglass Mineral Veil Primer
-Boscia Luminizing Black Peel Off Mask
-Its a 10 Leave In Product
-Boscia Makeup Breakup Cool Cleansing Oil
-Laura Mercier Loose Translucent Setting Powder

Likes - might repurchase

10.16 likes.jpg

Spoiler
-PUR Glow Together Bronzer
-Dolce and Gabanna Light Blue
Origins Ginzig Energy Boosting Moisturizer
-YSL Mon Paris Perfume
-Amika Perk Up Dry Shampoo
-Benefit Rollerlash
-Too Faced Better Than Sex
-Clinique Bottom Lash Mascara
-Bumble and Bumble Don't Blow It
-Nuxe Hand and Nail Cream
-Caress Silkening Shower Wash
-DDG Alpha Beta Peels (3)
-Dove Deodorant
-BBW Autumn Wallflower
-Sugar Lip Treatment
-Belif Hungarian Water Essence
-Boscia White Charcoal Setting Spray
-Too Cool For School Egg Cream (2)
-MUFE Ultra HD Y315
-Lush Daddy-O Purple Shampoo

Eh - would not repurchase

10.16 meh.jpg

Spoiler
-ABH Dripbrow Pomade
-Korres Wild Rose Exfoliating Cleanser
-Bobbi Brown Vitamin Enriched Face Base
-Kate Somerville Oil Free Moisturizer
-OH Sheer Transformation Moisturizer
Spoiler

Great empties!  This is a good reminder that I should just toss the DS mascaras I have open that aren't really doing it for me.

That's a lot of empties! I have heard mixed thoughts on the Boscia luminizing black mask. Did you find it painful to peel off? What results did you see?

It is somewhat painful - depending on your pain tolerance haha. It does pull any any baby hairs you may have on your face. The results from this mask are immediate. It evens out my texture, calms my skin, and detoxifies. I notice a diffence right when I take it off! Make sure if you use it you allow it to dry completely or else it will be a nightmare to remove. Apply a thick even layer to your face and let it dry for about 40 minutes. 🙂

I agree with @karap03 I love the mask! I see immediate result! It's going on my Christmas list!

Feel free to ask for more information. Will try to edit later to add more details.

Full Size:

image.jpeg

Spoiler
Liked the scrub, shaving cream was good, nice scent too. Didn't like Suave dry shampoo and other two products were old!

Love:

image.jpeg

Spoiler
All of there I have or will eventually repurchase

Like/Ok:

image.jpeg

Spoiler
Liked trying these, still have a foil left of Can+ Austin and the SkinInc Peel. Will use but not sure if I'll be purchasing. I would like to try GinZing again but wouldn't buy at the moment. I still have a few DS of dr brandt scrub so won't be buying and many more eyeliners

image.jpeg

Spoiler
I used them up but will definitely not repurchase. Except for the hair mask I may consider trying it again. Foot cream wasn't the best I have a 2nd bottle will use it up but won't buy after that. Cotton pads feel apart very very easily. 

Great empties.  Looks like you did pretty well this month with quite a few things in the love camp.  I can't decide how I feel about that Brigeo deep conditioning mask.  I've tried it a couple times and I'm not sure it does as much as other masks I use for moisture.

I agree! I sort of hated the scent so that kept me from buy it plus I feel like I could find something better at a cheaper price. @JenniferOhJenny and 

@kelloua

Thanks! I've been trying to use up a lot of my foils and DS to see what's really like and works for my skin. 

Same - but I've only used it once. I wasn't crazy about the smell and I honestly didn't feel like it was any better than my normal conditioner, let alone a moisturizing mask.

Skincare:

FullSizeRender (6).jpg

Spoiler
-Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Melting Cleanser: I have been using this for years and it is a favorite. It does a great job removing my makeup, including waterproof eye makeup. 
-Bite Agave Mask: Already purchased 2 full-sized tubes (one for home, one for purse). 
-Jurlique Water Essence: Lovely product, may repurchase. 
I didn't like the Amore Pacific moisturizer (due to the strong scent) and the Herbivore Moon Fruit Mask (strong smell and didn't seem to make my skin feel or look different). 

Sheet Masks:

FullSizeRender (7).jpg

Spoiler
None stood out as particularly effective. 

Makeup:

FullSizeRender (8).jpg

Spoiler
-I loved the Hourglass foundation and the color was a perfect match - I'm considering purchasing a full-size. 

Body:

FullSizeRender (9).jpg

Spoiler
-Nubian Heritage Lotion:Very rich and hydrating, I often grab a bottle at Whole Foods.
-Josie Maran Hand Cream:I've purchased numerous times, very similar to the L'Occitane version. 

I have that same sample pack of the Bite agave mask that I need to try. So many people seem to love it!

I love Hourglass Illusion.  It's my HG foundation.  I think I'm on my third tube of it.  It matches perfectly for me, blends in easily and feels really nice on my skin.  It's a little creamier than a lot of foundations and feels almost hydrating in the wintertime.

Not much but here are my empties for October. 

IMG_3831.JPG

Love:

Spoiler
Too Cool For School - Dinoplatz blotting papers (repurchased)
PTR - Cucumber mask (purchased a full size)
Jack Black - lip balm (repurchased)
SK-II - Essential Power Eye Cream (I love it but I don't love it enough to splurge on this)
AmorePacific - Age Defense Creme (I love putting this when my skin gets itchy. It seems to get rid of the itchiness in a matter of minutes. Not going to purchase due to the high price.

Like:

Spoiler
Ole Henriksen - Sheer Transformation (finished my 2nd jar but I don't think I'll be purchasing more of this)
SK-II - Cellumination Cream EX (I love the texture of this cream. It feels quite like a jelly. It did hydrate but it didn't do anything else.)

Meh:

Spoiler
Clinique - Pep start eye cream (didn't do anything. I also noticed shimmery particles)
Bobbi Brown - Skin Nourish mask (supposed to hydrate but I think it didn't do anything)
Fresh - Soy Face Cleanser (finished my 2nd bottle but I don't think I'm going to repurchase. I used to love it but nowadays I found other cleansers that I like more)
Ole Henriksen - Truth Serum (unfortunately this did nothing for me)
Elf - Lip Exfoliator (too harsh on my lips)

That's impressive you made it through that giant tube of cleanser even though it was meh.  I always feel like I deserve a pat on the back when I make it through something I didn't love rather than discarding it 1/2 used and going on to the next thing.

That is a huge bottle of Fresh cleanser - impressive! I always end up buying big bottles because in the end they are cheaper, but with so many skincare items on the market I lose interest and find something else I like more so I know how you feel!

The PTR mask is great. I always find it to be so hydrating!

@blondesluv2shop It took me 3 months to finish the Fresh Soy Cleanser. I just finished it in October hahahah. I really like the PTR mask. It's so refreshing after a long day at work!  

8,134 Replies
testing