Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

The boscia hydrogel eye masks work so well. I wish that boscia would make a package either more pairs. 

I def neeed to try the Tata Harper.

My June empties! Better late than never.  I had 36 empties and 8 de-stashes this month.  Not quite my target, but I'm happy with what I got through. I'm ordering way less this year and happy to be shrinking my supplies down. I'm hoping to keep using up samples before I order again in order to shrink my collection down to true loves.

LOVES

IMG_5473.JPG

Spoiler
- i never thought I'd love cotton, but I was wrong. I use a tip from BT and cut these in half. A bag lasts me about 6 months.
-the sol Janeiro body wash is way more than I think is ok to spend on body wash, but it does last and smells so amazing. I may or may not repurchase depending on how ballar I feel.  The body spray is on a to buy list because of this and the lotion.
- I think I'll forever buy the UD all nighter, but I am getting curious to if anything else out there strikes my fancy.
- st Tropez in shower tanner,. This is something at first I felt like was a waste.  But I started using it again this summer and fell in love.  I only really use it on my legs so it goes further than if I were to try my full body.  I like that it's a gradual tan so I don't get any odd patchiness or streaks and it looks natural.
- Latisse is a staple and I can't imagine my lashes without it.
- bumble &bumble hairdressers oil conditioner, I was away for two weeks and made use of the mini I got in a 500 point reward. Already have used several full size. Great smell, great hair!

IMG_5474.JPG

Spoiler
-the fresh mask sample was surprisingly nice but I've found a new love from herbivoire.
- NARS primer again nice, but ive used better, not as pore filling as a pore filling primer should be I think.
the Kate Somerville goat milk moisturizer was nice, I'll be thinking about this as a purchase. Nothing special, but a good, no scent, no spf moisturizer.
-the olay quench was okay, but I prefer the scent on the jergens.
-batiste is my favourite cheaper dry shampoo but the brunette version leaves résidu on my finger nails if I scratch my head.  I'll stick to the tropical from now on.
-the Korres eye cream was the first full size eye cream Ive ever used. It moisturized, sure but didn't help dark circles as claimed. Ive a ton of samples to use up before I contemplate a full size of anything but I'll move on from this on the quest for the best.

NOT FOR ME

IMG_5476.JPG

Spoiler
- the shoppers masque actually stung a little, and while good value as I got 4 uses from one packet... no visible results and no relaxing experience.
-the ole oil I used up on my elbows and feet. It did nothing but make my face feel oily.  Im not really into oils so that may be part of the reason I wasn't feeling this. 
- the skyn moisturizer was supposed to be cooling.  The menthol sure was cooling but was too strong for me. Would probably feel great on legs or arms innthe warm weather!
- I think this was an essence? Came with ipsy. My skincare routine isn't advanced enough for this yet. While it didn't hurt, I didn't see it do anything.

DESTASHED

IMG_5477.JPG

Spoiler
Body shop oils were nice when I was 15 but I'm long past 15, and so these oils are likely over 20 years old lol. Time to move em out for things I use.
elf foundation I thought would be a dupe for my Mac studio tech, nope. Greasy and oily.
the burts bees foot crème is sooooo greasy, i had to wear socks while using it and Im anti socks, so I'm moving on!

Bump!

Bump it up!

I've been working really hard to use up the stuff I have. I hadn't realized that every ime I went to get my hair done I ended up buying shampoo and conditioner and I have like 6 half used bottles cluttering my bathroom. 

C-Firm Drunk elephant: As you can see it is completely oxidized, the annoying part is that ever since I bought it back in November it was that exact color. They have reformulated and changed the manufacturing process so new batches are clear. Still I think customers who bought the first oxidized from the get go batch should get some kind of voucher.

Awapuhi shampoo and conditioner: Liked it especially the smell but I don't feel it did anything out of the ordinary for my hair.

Pantene Dry Shampoo: this is my HG formula it works so well, why does it have to smell like roach killer??? Pantene please change the perfume on this!!!!!

Kiehls conditioner: NOPE it left my hair a greasy mess, heavy, weird.

MUFE mascara: this was part of a rouge birthday present from last year I think? LOVE it already bought the full size!

Not in the picture a lip scrub from Lush that went stale (Another reason to keep going through my stash of unused stuff I hate throwing away gone bad beauty products)

IMG_1367.JPG

Mines probably gone off by now:0 ilol have to check in the morning! 

@heartsmyfaceI was very surprised when I cracked it open. When you pump it in to your hands the dark color is not as noticeable. It was this dark ever since I bought it 😞

Bump

Love that you cut end of of tubes to use all,of product, I do too. Ive gotten a lot more use out of things by doing so. 

@melash there is SO much product stuck up in the tubes! Multiple uses so often!

Oh word I should have known there was a thread for this! I have a lot to contribute LOL!

These are all my spring empties, I've gone through a lot of skincare since this year began as a result of my quest to find the perfect products. 

rps20170708_130212.jpg

Serums/Moisturizer/Masks/Cleanser+Other

Standout products: EL perfectionist serum, EL advanced night repair Ampoules, farmacy invincible serum, murad eye lift firming treatment, EL nutritionist moisturizers, Farmacy sleep tight, honest beauty eye cream, PTR Irish Moor mud mask, nuxe creme fraiche de beaute mask, Clarins extra firming mask, Ren Glycol-lactic mask, dermadoctor amethyst detox mask, Farmacy deep Moisture mask

rps20170708_130139.jpg

Makeup/Haircare/Lip balm/Body products

Standout products: L'Oreal voluminous primer, living proof restore line, kenra texture powder, John frieda 7-day volume

It's mind blowing how little makeup I actually use UP compared to skincare. In fairness, my gf uses a lot of my skincare too but we have massively different makeup preferences (we only fight over ONE item - Tarte airbuki bamboo brush. We both love that one to pieces, but can't justify buying a second BRUSH lol!)

I wonder if there's a cheaper dupe for the tarte brush... 

I'm bad at saving empty. These was at the end of their journeys last and this month. 

IMG_0858.JPG

All AmorePacific products in this picture are in my current skincare routine. Love love them. New favorite are Tarte in Nude Tom Ford Fluer de Portofino and Creed Aventus for her. Already repurchase Tarte. For the Creed and TF fleur de Portofino, if not because of the super expensive price, I already get them :(. Dislike: Tom Ford Primer. I wouldn't want another free sample. Everything else is okay.

I love cracking open a bottle/tub/etc.. and seeing so much more! My fav moment was cracking open, what I thought was an empty Verso 8 Eye Serum to reveal a few MONTHS worth of product hiding in there.  http://www.sephora.com/super-eye-serum-P382017?skuId=1561083&icid2=products%20grid:p382017

@Anniehox, how do you crack this one open? i worry about the rigidness of the cylinder - and is the product encased in a bag inside? i'm nearing the end of mine and would LOVE a few more months!!

@curlieq my BF used pliers to crack the top off. You see how there's a little lip at the top? Grab it underneath and use your muscles! And then BOOM a ton more! It IS in a bag inside! I was surprised there wasn't anything in the bottle to help encourage the bag to move up and utilize all the product. I cut the bag about 80% open so I could still flop the top and cap back on to preserve. Good luck & enjoy!

@Anniehox, this is brilliant! thanks!!

and i'm with @Insomniacmuffin, romantic is definitely a man who accepts and assists in all things beauty! what a dude!

@curlieq hahaha! I guess I'll keep him!

@Anniehox 

Ok it might be the early AM talking..

But I think your boyfriend doing that for you was 100x more romantic than flowers or chocolates. And that is saying something, cause I LOVE chocolates.

@Insomniacmuffin hahahaha! that cracked me up! It's def more romantic when he makes my $80 serum last wayyyyyyy longer than it was supposed to!

I love that feeling.  Thank you for opening my eyes to this stuff.  I am about to turn 34, and I might need to grab this!

8,140 Replies
testing