Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Hallelujah, this thread is showing up on the main page... Sorry everyone for the interruption.  I'm just so happy 🙂 ... now back to our regular programming 😉

You always make me laugh @blackkitty2014!

Loves/likes- have backups of most of these already!Loves/likes- have backups of most of these already!Okay/undecided- would use again if got samples, just not sure worth purchasing them. Bottom row dislikes- the too faced melt off doesn't remove all mascara, beauty blender cleanser doesn't really get my brushes all the way clean or remove stains. I will stick with Dr. Bronners Castillo soap for cleaning brushes.Okay/undecided- would use again if got samples, just not sure worth purchasing them. Bottom row dislikes- the too faced melt off doesn't remove all mascara, beauty blender cleanser doesn't really get my brushes all the way clean or remove stains. I will stick with Dr. Bronners Castillo soap for cleaning brushes.

Anonymous Insider

@jen81, love all of those sheet masks!  Do you use the Vichy 89 as a serum or a moisturizer? I've looked at it a few times, but don't know if it would be heavy enough as a moisturizer for my dry skin.

As a serum @Anonymous.  It is hydrating in my opinion I just have a few other seems I need to get through first. 

I'm a little late to the party, but my box of empties is overflowing

Nope: Harvey Prince Bailando (Eau de Parfum)Nope: Harvey Prince Bailando (Eau de Parfum)Meh: Secret Luxe Lavender Deodorant, Long Sexy Hair Shampoo and Conditioner, Nicolai Kiss Me Intense (Eau de Parfum), Byredo Parums Gypsy Water (Eau de Parum), Living Proof Perfect Hair Day dry shampoo, Organic to Green Coco Oil, Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water, Verb Sea Shampoo and Conditioner, ncla cuticle oilMeh: Secret Luxe Lavender Deodorant, Long Sexy Hair Shampoo and Conditioner, Nicolai Kiss Me Intense (Eau de Parfum), Byredo Parums Gypsy Water (Eau de Parum), Living Proof Perfect Hair Day dry shampoo, Organic to Green Coco Oil, Eau Thermale Thermal Spring Water, Verb Sea Shampoo and Conditioner, ncla cuticle oilLike: MAC Prep+Prime Fix+, Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum, Viktoria Minya Hedonist (Eau de Parfum), Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray, Sephora Lashcraft Big Volume, Anastasia Beverly Hills Butterscotch Lip GlossLike: MAC Prep+Prime Fix+, Drunk Elephant C-Firma Day Serum, Viktoria Minya Hedonist (Eau de Parfum), Urban Decay All Nighter Makeup Setting Spray, Sephora Lashcraft Big Volume, Anastasia Beverly Hills Butterscotch Lip GlossLove: Lush American Cream Hair Conditioner, The Ordinary Argan Oil, fresh Soy Face Cleanser, Long Sexy Hair Luxe DetanglerLove: Lush American Cream Hair Conditioner, The Ordinary Argan Oil, fresh Soy Face Cleanser, Long Sexy Hair Luxe Detangler

RE: Empties

End of 2017 empties

THAT GOOD-GOOD

Spoiler
Cake Beauty Dream Puff - I used to love this stuff and I found a bottle at Marshalls earlier this year and fell in love with it all over again. It's discontinued though, which makes me 😞

Vintners Daughter Active Botanical Serum - I loved the glow from this the first time I had a bottle but it gives my husband a rash when I use it. I haven't found anything that compares to it during the intervening years, so I purchased another bottle this year and I only use it while he's traveling

Odacite Summer In Hossegor - a regular repurchase, I go through probably 2 bottles a year. It keeps my hyperpigmentation in check and helps with brightness

Odacite Jo+L - more regular repurchases, these are part of my anti-breakout skincare

Odacite Bl+C - more regular repurchases, these are part of my anti-breakout skincare

Clarisonic Pedi Boost - I don't buy it on its own, but it came with my Pedi when I repurchased it and I do enjoy how well it exfoliates my feet when I use it

Noble Isle Willow Song - an absolutely dreamy smelling bath/shower gel

Verb Volume Shampoo + Conditioner - smells lovely, makes my hair look fluffy and voluminous

Roger & Gallet Fig Hand Cream - a really nourishing hand cream with a pretty (but strong) scent

Clarisonic Pedi Disc - regular repurchase, I ❤️ my Pedi

Stellar Haze Powder x3 - I use the Haze powder to keep my t-zone under control and I love the finish and fact that it has no white cast

RL Linden & Co A Thousand Petals - a beautiful and nourishing facial mist; I was devastated to hear RL went out of business late last year because this smells like my childhood

FORGETTABLE

Spoiler
Body Shop Body Wash - always left me feeling itchy

Fenty Pro Filtr 290 - I went back and forth on whether I liked this foundation and whether or not this was my shade and I'm still undecided on both

Odacite Gt+L - received as GWP, not something I ever repurchase but will use if I get it

Odacite Gr+G - received as GWP, not something I ever repurchase but will use if I get it

Sunday Riley Good Genes - I loved this years ago but I took it on a recent trip and wasn't wowed by it anymore

Tony Moly Coconut Sheet Mask - just ok. I find TM sheet masks too loose and drippy

Farmacy Sleep Tight Balm x2 - wouldn't use it on my face but I love using it on my heels at night to keep them moisturized

Givenchy Noir Révélateur Mascara - the bending wand is really gimmicky and I loved the effect of the mascara when I could apply it without smearing on the side of my face but it dried out so quickly that I don't think I'd ever repurchase it again

Mahalo Vitality Elixir - the size wasn't enough for me to form much of an opinion but I wasn't crazy about how it absorbed - I always felt like it left a film on my face

Odacite Aloe + Imortelle Mist - have used before and I don't get the hype but will use it up when I get it as a GWP

Biossance Rose + Squalane Oil - wasn't my favourite either as I prefer straight squalane

Noble Isle Summer Harvest - good bubbles but a bit too musky and manly for my taste

REGRETTABLE

Spoiler
Lilfox Mystic Awakening - this was a rosemary and amethyst facial mist that a) stank and b) didn't hydrate me at all

Too Faced Hangover RX Mist - the spritzer on the mini felt like someone was spitting on me every time I used it

UD Troublemaker Mascara - bristles were too stiff and large

Re: RE: Empties

@Mochapj The full size Hangover RX sprays pretty much the same way. I like the formula though, so I ended up transferring it to another bottle.

Anonymous Insider

Re: RE: Empties

@Mochapj, @MachynesSister, good to know about the Too Faced Hangover Rx spray. I really like the primer and was thinking about getting the setting spray.  I will start off with the mini version to make sure I like the formula and if so, I'll do as you recommended @MachynesSister and transfer to another spray bottle.

December Empties

IMG_3632.JPG

Spoiler
Repurchases/staples
-Shiseido Facial Cottons
-J.R. Watkins Body Oil Mist in Coconut Milk & Honey
-O.R.G. Oxygen Cleanser
-Thayers Rose Petal Witch Hazel
-ElishaCoy Revitalizing Ampoule Solution Mask
-Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer
-Josie Maran Whipped Argan Oil Face Butter
-Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic + Retinol Triple Correction Eye Serum
-Yes to Coconut Cooling Lip Oil
-Mura Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture

IMG_3636.JPG

Spoiler
Likes (would repurchase)
-Vivant Skincare Mandelic Acid 3-in-1 Wash
-Garnier SkinActive The Gentle Sulfate-Free Cleanser
-Mizon Enjoy Vital-Up Time Line Fit Mask
-The Crème Shop Oh Deer sheet mask
-Peach Slices Brighten Yuzu + Lotus sheet mask
-Sephora Green Clay Mask
-Caudalie Instant Detox Mask
-Tata Harper Nourishing Oil Cleanser
-Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover
-June Jacobs Mandarin Moisture Masque
-June Jacobs Papaya Purifying Enzyme Masque
-Garnier SkinActive Micellar Makeup Removing Towelettes

IMG_3637.JPG

Spoiler
First Row- Just ok
-Fresh Umbrian Clay Purifying Facial Toner
-The Crème Shop Let it Glow sheet mask
-The Crème Shop B12 Complex Infused Face Mask
-The Crème Shop Super Glow Face Mask
-The Crème Shop A Snowman's Story sheet mask
-By Nature Purifying Charcoal + Manuka Honey face mask
-Sephora Orchid Eye Mask

2nd Row- I'd have to use again/I can't remember 
-Skinfood Green Tea sheet mask
-Benton Snail Bee High Content Mask Pack
-Ariul Juice Cleanse Mask Spearmint & Green Apple
-The Crème Shop Egg Nog sheet mask

IMG_3640.JPG

Spoiler
Dislike
-Algenist Splash Absolute Hydration Replenishing Sleeping Pack

Anonymous Insider

Ooooh, look at all those sheet masks!  Fun, @MoniDJ!  I do like the Peach Slices Brighten sheet mask and have the Elisha Coy Brightening mask that I have yet to try.  May have to add the Revitalizing one to my list.

Ouhhh, I have to try that mask!!  I’m on a mission to sheet mask every day for 2018:). @MoniDJ

Anonymous Insider

Whoa, impressive mission @heartsmyface!  Once a quarter, I try to sheet mask every day for 7-10 days in row.  Every day for the whole year? Wow!  Good luck!

@Anonymous  It’s not going to be too difficult cause I sheet mask almost all the time as it is.  I’m just making it a thing so I am forced to give myself a little me time everyday.  

Anonymous Insider

@heartsmyface, I completely understand. It's important to have 'me' time and to carve out the time and space for it. When I started into a K-beauty routine, I put myself on a sheet-mask-per-day-for-30-days. My skin never looked better, which I loved, but I also realized how very little time I gave to myself to do something other than what is necessary (i.e., shower, make a meal, etc.) 

I'm all for "me" time and I will cheer you on from the sidelines as you hit 365 days of sheet masking!  I may even join you for a month here and there.  😉

I've been saving my empties for 3 or 4 months.. some are old enough that I can't remember exactly how I felt about them anymore, so I stuck them in the likes pic because I don't recall hating them lol. I need to do this more often so I can keep up a little better.

I was also a bit spotty on remembering to keep foils and some other items; this is probably 70-80% of what I actually finished off. Oops

Loves; either would or have repurchased, or will keep an eye out for more samples (ahem, Tata, sadly you're more than I'm willing to spend... )Loves; either would or have repurchased, or will keep an eye out for more samples (ahem, Tata, sadly you're more than I'm willing to spend... )

Liked just fine. Would use more samples, but not high on the priority listLiked just fine. Would use more samples, but not high on the priority list

Nope, not for meNope, not for me

Anonymous Insider

Ahhh yes, @RGbrown, Tata Harper - pricey but good!  Love the FAB Radiance Pads!

RE: Empties

I just recently started posting about my empties! Here’s mine for December! I posted them on my Instagram stories earlier today (@ samsmakeupaddiction) I would repurchase all except for Ole Henriksen cream, and Drunk Elephant cream as they didn’t do much for my skin. I didn’t hate them, but I didn’t love them at all. However I did LOVE the Ole Henriksen wipes! They smell sooo good! As well as the OPI nail drying spray! Dries your nails in about 2 minutes! It’s my 3rd bottle, and I buy it at Sally Beauty. Everything else I liked but I don’t feel like I need to explain my experiences with them

@samkeaysxo All your empties are color-coordinated!

@samkeaysxo All your empties are color-coordinated!

36 empties to round out the year with lots of FS which I was super happy about!

dec17empties.jpg

Standouts:

Love

Spoiler
Youth to the people spinach and kale cleanser- I struggle to find non-oil cleansers that don't foam that I like. The scent was natural and refreshing and it really fit what I needed in a non-oil cleanser. 

Magic Foot peeling shoes- Okay. Love hate. I LOVED how soft my feet were. I really hated the peeling process and that my feet were shedding for 3-4 days. I had to wear socks at all times to keep my foot shed off my dark wood floors, out of my bed, and off my yoga mat (I was the weirdo in socks at yoga.. yep LOL). But, the results were amazing. 

PTR unwrinkle night- consistent favorite here. My skin always wakes up soft and refreshed when I use this, even when I use it at work overnight where it's dry and I don't always get a good nights sleep. 

Omorovizca thermal cleansing balm- Since I have dry skin I love balms and this one cleans and softens, well worth the splurge. 

DDG AB peels: easy way to put acids into my routine when things are busy. Not the best value but convenience is key here. 

tarte highlighter (empty half pan)- from park ave princess palette. would repurchase if i didn't have lots more to work through!

Smashbox soft lights blush- RIP my HG everyday natural blush. I had two of these beauts that both were finished up in 2017. I'd buy 20 more if they still sold them! But no worries, no blush shortage here.. 

PTR 24K gold mask- I love how my skin looks and feels after using these but am cutting back using due to price and other similar products with better value.

Spoiler
Sephora foot mask- were HG for me but demoted after foot peeling shoes

Korres body butter and wash- I always enjoy using korres and will pick it up if I see it on sale (tjx/marshalls). 

This works pillow spray- I do enjoy it but cost is a barrier.. 

Essie foot scrub- worked well in conjunction with my clarisonic foot attachment but not sure that a dedicated foot product is needed when I have body scrub I can use in my rotation. 

Meh

Spoiler
Not your mothers dry shampoo- Used to really like this stuff. Not sure if the formula changed or if mine was a dud but this bottle and the last one I got, I felt like it was always blowing air and then occasionally would get product out of. It wasn't consistent. I'm not planning on repurchasing due to the issues I had with this bottle, when I can get ones that perform. 

H20 cleanser- I didn't mind how my face felt after using it and it wasn't too stripping, but way too heavily fragranced. I only used it once, it was too strong for me. 

marcelle mascara- was clumpy on me

birchbox eyelash curler- the top piece is too thick for me to use it. 
Anonymous Insider

Ermahgerd, @CC3616!!  The Tony Moly Foot Peeling Shoes are amazing!  A little off putting the first time you notice the shedding, but the results are fabulous!

8,134 Replies
testing