Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

Saturdays are good days to toss the trash and clean my makeup brushes. That way I remember every week. 

Loves

Spoiler
 💗895A392D-74F8-4256-B1E4-2D22A3F3BC2E.jpeg

Loved these sheet masks. Great fit, great hydration on all wwithout overpowering scents. Already have backups for the Aveda Foot Relief, which I use in the morning as it absorbs quickly and won’t stain my sandals, the Ole Henriksen Walnut Scrub (this will be my 3rd full size), and even though I felt the popsugar wasn’t overwhelming me, I reached for it daily so that says something. 

So-so1C7A5378-188F-479F-9734-852209677715.jpeg

Spoiler
 The mask was interesting and fun, but more of a novelty I think. While not bad, it caused a few minor breakouts on my normally dry skin. The Biossance Squalane & Peptide Eye Gel is most comparable in texture to DE’s C-Tango, but not nearly as nourishing in my opinion. This tiny sample (it was so small, 1 ml) lasted an impressive 5 applications. Good enough to decide whether you like it or not. The Perricone was nice, similar to YTTP kale+spinach moisturizing Cream. However my foundation pilled while applying it, which is never a good thing when you’ve just gone through 4 steps to get there and have to start over😠. It’s not bad, I like it on its own but wouldn’t bother buying it because the YTTP works perfect for me.

No

Spoiler
00751E5E-764C-47DE-96EB-1B4DB010A1E1.jpeg
Spoiler
Spoiler

The no:hj mask would have been a yes if it didn’t have such an overbearing detergent smell. It wasn’t a scent, it was a full-blown smell, which is too bad because I feel like everything else about it was pretty good. The Jelly mask, just too much too thick serum for my liking. The Glamglow was too harsh on my dry skin, a definite no but for those with oily/problem skin, this may be a great mask.

yes @eshoe my oily,acne-prone-even-though-im- middle -age...

yes @eshoe my oily,acne-prone-even-though-im- middle -aged loves that glamglow! sorry it didn't workout for you

Time to clean out another round of trash!LovesLoves

Liked just fine...may not go out of my way to rebuy, but would certainly use againLiked just fine...may not go out of my way to rebuy, but would certainly use again

Meh, not for meMeh, not for me

@RGbrown You had lots of great empties. I like the Belief...

@RGbrown You had lots of great empties. I like the Belief foil packets. More product than you expect.

Re: @RGbrown You had lots of great empties. I like the Belief...

@IndyQT317Unidentified yes, I like that Belif is fairly generous with the packet size...I managed to amass 5 or 6 of the moisturizer packets and just keep dumping them in my mini jar. It's almost like I have a full size one 😅

@rgbrown I used the Radiance Peel for the first time rece...

@RGbrown I used the Radiance Peel for the first time recently and really liked it!

Re: @rgbrown I used the Radiance Peel for the first time rece...

@CookieGirl1Unidentified

I love a good clay mask, and I love a good peel. Combine both into one package and I'm in heaven lol

I'm not a fan of the jar though, and will be looking for deals on travel sets or samples...those come in tubes! This will absolutely be in my life again at some point (hopefully sooner rather than later 💖)

RE: Re: @rgbrown I used the Radiance Peel for the first time rece...

@RGbrown I don’t like jars either because they aren’t sanitary compared to tubes! Whenever I have no choice I use plastic spatulas to get the product out of jars instead of using my fingers even if they’re clean !

Re: RE: Re: @rgbrown I used the Radiance Peel for the first time rece...

@keana1Unidentified

I use either a mask brush or a little metal spatula for jars too, though for me it's less about sanitation and more about not getting it under my nails lol. I'm not terribly worried about my own germs, but I hate digging stuff out from under my nails 😋

@RGbrown I totally agree with you about the undernail area ! One thing though, you should only use plastic spatulas instead of metallic ones since metals can interact with acids or other compounds that are used to make or stabilize creams or other products! As a pharmacist,whenever I compound creams or lotions I use either plastic or glass instruments to avoid leaching of metals in the product I’m making...

@keana1Unidentified good to know! Thanks!

@RGbrown You’re welcome my purple eyebrows friend. If you want a lipstick that would go well with your purple brows you should try Pick Me Pick Me from MAC ! It would look great 💜!

@keana1Unidentified

Woah! Just looked that one up and I'm not sure I could pull it off 😅 Such a pretty color though! 💜

@RGbrownUnidentified

I've thought the same thing about the jar and wondered if the open jar decreases the efficacy of the peel over time; besides that, it's just less messy in a tube! And I completely agree that clay + peel = winner for me. 

@CookieGirl1 yeah, jars are just bad in general for skincare. I keep telling myself to stay away from them, but manage to keep buying more lol. At least this is one love where I can avoid them lol 

Curious what that opaque white bottle on the left in your loves is, @RGbrown. I agree with you on the skyn eye cream. It had a strange texture, and didn’t spread well. 

@eshoeUnidentified

Oh, bad lighting, sorry! It's Zoya Remove+ nail polish remover.

I find the Skyn eye cream gives me good hydration without clogging me up, so it's passable. The texture is definitely odd, but it's very similar to Algenist eye cream in that regard (the green jar)...I actually contacted Algenist to check the age of my first sample when I tried it because I thought surely it was old and dried or something, but nope, turns out it's supposed to be that way lol. Once I ignored the texture, I found I really liked the Algenist, and it did a good job of minimizing the finer of the lines under my eyes. If I were willing to drop $74 on an eye cream, I'd actually buy the Algenist and be done with all my samples, but I'm not lol. But Skyn Iceland...while the texture is similar, I don't find it has the same results, so I call it "fine" but not worthy of a purchase.

Finally posting my quarter empties from April to June. Editing because my commentary disappeared sigh....

Loved would repurchase :

68B8D283-BE12-4291-BC86-A014DEA71223.jpeg

Meh, it’s OK but not great:

D39691D4-0807-43CA-BDC5-9F69329E6CF0.jpeg

Did not work for me:

651B186D-D783-42CF-B7B4-6D3A1B2581A0.jpegAll the makeup items used up:

009F1259-304D-4FB1-9F3F-44F9803F39F8.jpeg

All the trash in it’s trashy glory:

@dziggi Dang, girl, that's an impressive amount of empties!

@CookieGirl1 thank you! I’m honestly trying to just use up stuff, especially the bodycare/skincare, to keep up with my spending. 😂 I don’t feel as guilty if I know it’s being used up. LOL 

What colors were inside of the Nars, @dziggi? Love their eyeshadows (or is it a blush?).

8,146 Replies
testing