Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: Empties

I've been considering trying the Cotz @RGbrown and was wondering how tinted it is? Lots of tinted "universal beige" products end up too dark on me. Could I ask your Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue shade for reference?

Also I used the Purlisse recently. My thoughts were it had a decent fit, no smell, and was fine. My face seemed brightened but no wow results. I'm not surprised you think it wasn't memorable.

@ShortErica 

For the Complexion Rescue, I'm using shade 05 Natural because that's what came in the sampler, but I'm not convinced I couldn't go a bit lighter. Vanilla was too light though. I keep meaning to go in a store and check out the rest of the colors in person just to see, but I haven't done that yet.

The Cotz comes out of the tube appallingly dark, but then seems to disappear completely. It's dark now and my interior lighting is the pits, but I'll see if I can get a decent swatch shot for you tomorrow (if it doesn't storm 😕 )

I appreciate it @RGbrown and hope it doesn't storm for you tomorrow!

@ShortErica 

Swatches!

It's overcast today, but not raining. This is the same set of swatches with the picture taken twice...once with the "sunny" setting and once with the "cloudy" setting. Sunny seemed to wash it out a bit more, and cloudy amplified the shades with a touch of yellow/orange...the real result on my arm is somewhere between the two (perhaps closer to sunny though...I can see the Cotz blended out on my arm, but I really have to look for it to know it's there).

There are three swatches here: just a dot of product straight from the tube, a dot smeared out a bit, and a dot completely blended out.SunnySunny

CloudyCloudy

Hmm..the pictures kinda remind me of the Australian Gold tinted sunscreen. That one was a bit dark and orange on me when I started using it but now seems better. The sun has managed to somewhat "tan" my pale skin even with sunscreen and reapplication. I may have to check out the Cotz. Thanks for the swatches @RGbrown!

I keep on forgetting to take pictures of my empties🤦‍♀️

Will repurchase:

Sol de janiero bum bum cream

It cosmetics celebration illumination foundation.

Sephora collection watermelon wipes.

Maybes:

Sol de janiero 4 play body wash

Drybar double standard 

Will not repurchase:

Kerastase densifique shampoo

starting off 2019 pretty well i think!  finished up quite a few things in january.   i will say that my would repurchase category is this that i really loved and have gone on my list of things i want to repurchase.  anything in the would use again category was ok.  the products worked, they did their job but for whatever reason i didn't find them amazing.  i would totally use them again if i had them and i may even repurchase if i was in need and nothing else jumped out at me but i'm not running out to restock.

makeupScreen Shot 2019-02-09 at 10.25.18 AM.png

would repurchase

• charlotte tilbury magic foundation
  • colourpop super shock cheek in wisp

would use again

• smash box primer oil
  • colour pop super shock shadow in wattles
  • kevyn auction the celestial skin liquid lighting
  • our cosmetics fully charged mascara
  • bite beauty cava
  • laura mercier loose setting powder in translucent
  • clinique high impact mascara
  • urban decay sheer rapture

no

• the ordinary serum foundation - i will say that my dislike of this could totally be in part because it was SOOOO the wrong shade.  i did end up using it to mix in with darker foundations to make them the correct shade and it wasn't bad for that
  • nyx sculpt & highlight brow contour

skincareScreen Shot 2019-02-09 at 10.25.35 AM.png

would repurchase

• dr dennis gross alpha beta universal daily peel

would use again

• indeed exfoliator facial powdered exfoliator
  • first aid beauty face cleanser
  • drunk elephant bests no 9 jelly cleanser
  • clinique moisture surge
  • kate somerville exfoliate cleanser
  • lineage water sleeping mask
  • first aid beauty ultra repair hydrating serum
  • dr brandt no more baggage eye deputing gel

no

• bioderma 3 in 1 one step cleansing milk - i feel like this tries to do too many things and really doesn't do anything fully

haircare & bodycare

Screen Shot 2019-02-09 at 10.25.51 AM.png

would repurchase

•   glysomed body lotion
  • glysomed eczema control

would use again

• dove sensitive skin nourishing body wash
  • not your mothers kinky moves leave in conditioner

random

no

• josie maran bearnaked nail wipes

Empties

So far so good😜

Empties

My 2nd half of January empties...Im actually missing one but I'll count that when I use the blank mask that I threw in there to soak up that lovely extra serum. The Ren I didn't like it the first & only time I used it but I'm curious to try again if I had the opportunity. The hourglass is nice but I'm not quite ready to purchase it. I think I need to try it on some more & I think I got more "foils". I just dont see a difference on my bare face. Maybe I'm using to light of colors...🤔 not believing the hype yet. Igk is a love already purchased the full size. The rest of the masks I reviewed on the mask thread. the cucumber wipes irritated my eyes & couldn't really clean my mascara off. 23 empties for the month. Not bad but I want to increase that number!

@sonnydee Loving all of your skincare empties! A lot of my January empties were skincare as well. From the holidays to the weather, my skin needed some TLC. 

Best,

Rebecca 

thanks @RebeccaBT trying to shop my stash alot more this...

thanks @RebeccaBT trying to shop my stash alot more this year

Re: thanks @RebeccaBT trying to shop my stash alot more this...

@sonnydee That is also one of my goals for 2019. Dimish my collection before I enlarge it:)

F015B86D-4C23-4045-8FFF-45E192BBCA58.jpeg

BD7AB741-956C-47F3-AD0E-2F0EC15DAB25.jpeg

DEC5E0DE-484A-46DE-9AB1-5A8C727A0511.jpeg

@dziggi Awesome empties! I love how you described what you thought of each 🙂

Best,

Rebecca 

Well that was weird, I’m uploading via phone and it would not let me type anything out when I tried to add the pics.

January empties, decided to go back to monthly empties for now! I’ve been using up at rapid speeds and my trash bag begins to overflow by the end of the quarter. 

Some comments:

The L’Oreal hairspray wasn’t fully even used up but I couldn’t handle the scent anymore. 

Anyone that gets the Korean scrub thingies notice that the red ones aren’t as good as the green ones? Is that just me? 😂

I really wanna try the Orange Blossom Marseilles body wash. I hear that’s the one everyone is obsessed with and the scent is divine.

Vaseline... I think I have had this tub for at least 3 years? I don’t even remember. I’m just kind of a little iffy now about using it, I found a “natural” version from Alba Organics that I want to try.

Only one nope nope nope this time around, yay! (And it's NOT the sheet mask, surprisingly 😯😋)

IMG_20190202_164736922.jpg

Spoiler
LOVE:
BBW Shea It Isn't So foot cream: love the thickness of it. It's my last tube and I've managed to accumulate tons of other foot lotions since last buying this, so it'll be a while before repurchasing, but unless I find something I like more in my stash, this will make an appearance in my collection again.

Andalou Naturals Meyer Lemon + C cleanser: if Ulta carried this cleanser, I'd probably have a backup already (or 12 😋), but they don't, so I don't. I have dozens of samples to move on to for now, but this will come back to my collection at some point as well. Creamy, non-drying, light citrus scent. Excellent daily cleanse. 

BBW Apple Spiced Toddy: love the warm cinnamon scents. 

This Works Deep Sleep Pillow Spray: smells simply divine. It's a warm and comforting herbal scent. Almost keeps me awake though, since I just want to lay there and smell it 😂 Loved it enough to pick up a full size.

Skin Food Black Sugar Splash Mask: I really like how this makes my skin feel. I have another mini, but I'm trying to cut back on exfoliation a bit...I think I go overboard sometimes, and testing the Kate Somerville Liquid Exfolikate for the Gratis thread is more of a priority right now. I can easily see myself adding this back in in the future though.

Julep Boost Your Radiance oil: lightweight oil that's perfect for my oily skin's day time needs. Have more samples, and could see myself purchasing at some point in the future.

Valjean Labs Hyaluronic Serum: I really like this for an extra moisture boost, and I don't think an HA serum needs to be expensive (I think retail on this one is $15, though I can find it pretty reliably at TJMaxx for $5.99-6.99). It's excellent on its own, or used as a thinner for some of my thicker creams and serums. Have more already.

LIKE (but won't buy):
Tatcha Luminous Dewy Skin Mask: fairly thin cotton that didn't seem to hold much serum at first, but also stayed wet for over 30 minutes, so I guess it held plenty lol. The scent was pleasant...I'd describe it as maybe a citrusy herbal, and it was light enough to not be offensive. Tiny eye holes though, and it took quite a few cuts to adjust it to my liking. My skin felt nice afterwards and looked bright. All in all, I will happily use my second one at some point, but didn't like it enough to shell out big bucks for more (nor would I even at half the price...make em a buck or two, and maaayyybe then lol)

Elemis Papaya Enzyme Peel: my first creamy exfoliant, and it was quite nice. No stinging or burning or tingling, and my skin looked great after using it. Would use again, but I have too many exfoliants at lesser prices that I like just as well to really consider a purchase in the future. 

NAH
Kiehl's Ginger Leaf & Hibiscus Firming Mask: this has a very thick, paste like texture, and was incredibly difficult to spread. Any attempts to do more than just barely spread it were met with pilling...I like to massage a sleeping mask in a bit, but that was impossible with this. On nights where I got it on right without accidentally rubbing it too much, I really liked how my face looked in the morning, and while it's not marketed as moisturizing, it seemed to help in that department. But it was just sooooo finicky that I'd never buy it. The packet was super generous...I got something like 8-10 uses out of it, but at least half of those wound up coming right back off due to pilling.

Thank you for the detailed mask reviews @RGbrown 😊

@eshoe no problem! 🙂

RE: Empties

January empties! Didn’t really love any except for the Marc Anthony curl cream (this was the 3rd or 4th bottle), Clarisonic deep Pore brush head (again, 3rd or 4th one), and the PTR Pumpkin Enzyme mask which I’m OBSESSED WITH and will be repurchasing! All the others were all just meh.

RE: Empties

I just finished a huge 250 mL (about 8oz) jar of Scinic Snail All-in-One. It took 2 years of me using it generously on my face and hands. It was super moisturizing and on days when I was feeling lazy, I could just cleanse and apply this ampoule, seal it with an oil, and be done. Cut my 10 step routine into 3 if I felt like it. I won’t repurchase simply because I like trying new things. However, I’d recommend it especially since it’s so cheap!

Re: RE: Empties

@ssprinkles Thanks for the feedback. I will have to give this a try!

Best,
Rebecca 

8,134 Replies
testing