Get inspired, play with products & learn new skills

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Insiders
|

Empties

I love seeing other peoples empties! So I decided to make a board where people could post pictures of their empties, or just tell us about them! I'd also be interested in knowing whether you're repurchasing anything or not.

Re: RE: Re: @rgbrown I used the Radiance Peel for the first time rece...

@keana1Unidentified

Woah! Just looked that one up and I'm not sure I could pull it off 😅 Such a pretty color though! 💜

Re: @rgbrown I used the Radiance Peel for the first time rece...

@RGbrownUnidentified

I've thought the same thing about the jar and wondered if the open jar decreases the efficacy of the peel over time; besides that, it's just less messy in a tube! And I completely agree that clay + peel = winner for me. 

Re: @rgbrown I used the Radiance Peel for the first time rece...

@CookieGirl1 yeah, jars are just bad in general for skincare. I keep telling myself to stay away from them, but manage to keep buying more lol. At least this is one love where I can avoid them lol 

Re: Empties

Curious what that opaque white bottle on the left in your loves is, @RGbrown. I agree with you on the skyn eye cream. It had a strange texture, and didn’t spread well. 

@eshoeUnidentified

Oh, bad lighting, sorry! It's Zoya Remove+ nail polish remover.

I find the Skyn eye cream gives me good hydration without clogging me up, so it's passable. The texture is definitely odd, but it's very similar to Algenist eye cream in that regard (the green jar)...I actually contacted Algenist to check the age of my first sample when I tried it because I thought surely it was old and dried or something, but nope, turns out it's supposed to be that way lol. Once I ignored the texture, I found I really liked the Algenist, and it did a good job of minimizing the finer of the lines under my eyes. If I were willing to drop $74 on an eye cream, I'd actually buy the Algenist and be done with all my samples, but I'm not lol. But Skyn Iceland...while the texture is similar, I don't find it has the same results, so I call it "fine" but not worthy of a purchase.

Finally posting my quarter empties from April to June. Editing because my commentary disappeared sigh....

Loved would repurchase :

68B8D283-BE12-4291-BC86-A014DEA71223.jpeg

Meh, it’s OK but not great:

D39691D4-0807-43CA-BDC5-9F69329E6CF0.jpeg

Did not work for me:

651B186D-D783-42CF-B7B4-6D3A1B2581A0.jpegAll the makeup items used up:

009F1259-304D-4FB1-9F3F-44F9803F39F8.jpeg

All the trash in it’s trashy glory:

@dziggi Dang, girl, that's an impressive amount of empties!

@CookieGirl1 thank you! I’m honestly trying to just use up stuff, especially the bodycare/skincare, to keep up with my spending. 😂 I don’t feel as guilty if I know it’s being used up. LOL 

What colors were inside of the Nars, @dziggi? Love their eyeshadows (or is it a blush?).

@eshoe It’s actually one of the long discontinued cream blushes! Pennylove was the color, it was such a great workday blush for me. I love the shadows too, I’ve got three sets.

RE: Empties

Emptying out my ziplock again☺️ I have already repurchased the Josie Maran body butter, this was a seasonal scent (pumpkin...have had this for awhile) but it wasn’t overpowering and my skin just soaks this up without feeling greasy at all. I❤️ it! would really like to get the Butter Divine, it is amazing, but I am going through my stash instead. I won’t need to repurchase the eye gels for about a year I have plenty😂 the Rahua-I read so many negative remarks about it but my fine, thin hair LOVED it. I have added it to my cart many times but again, I have enough shampoo and conditioner to last another year or so. I don’t wash my hair everyday so it would last me awhile, but trying to be practical. The scent too-like fennel-❤️❤️❤️! Middle row is so-so for me, I loved the first mask but I broke out the next day so I won’t be repurchasing. Last row-dry shampoos are just not for me, I only style my hair once or twice a week, and I am guessing they are more beneficial for people with thicker/longer hair whonstule more frequently. The tarte lid lock was a de-stash, I emptied it out and cleaned it to use for something else. I don’t know what yet, but anything will be better than the product that was in it! So happy to have found something better.

Re: RE: Empties

Too bad the product wasn't great, that black space mask packaging is cute!

Hi all, I hope you don't mind my joining in on the empty-sharing fun! Here are a few recent empties from the last couple of weeks. 

The RepurchasesThe Repurchases

Spoiler
First up, some items that I've purchased before, have multiples of, and would purchase again. The Leaders AC Clear sheet masks- love these for when I have an small acne flare up. They are great for reducing redness and helping the pimples to fade away faster. Laneige Water Sleeping Mask- my favorite sleeping mask of the ones I've tried. It's great at sealing in moisture but light enough to not overwhelm my oily skin. Urban Decay's 24/7 Eye Pencil in Hustle. I have a million of these eye liners because they're my absolute favorites. I have hooded eyes and can't do liquid liner, so these are perfect for long-lasting wear on me. Plus this color is a great one for subtle day-time looks. 

The MehsThe Mehs

Spoiler
These items are just "ok" for me. They don't perform terribly (for the most part) and didn't wreck my skin or anything, but I'm definitely not interested in repurchasing in the future. The Naisture Tea Tree sheet masks don't have much of an effect on my skin and the fit isn't great. The Murad Hydro-Dynamic Ultimate Moisture Cream is too heavy for my skin and ended up mostly being used on my decolletage. The Murad Transforming Powder exfoliator was very grainy even mixed with copious water and left my face feeling stripped. Glamglow's Thirstymud smells lovely, but in the end didn't seem have a noticeable effect on my skin and had a tendency to feel a little heavy for me. A lot of people love the Murad Invisiblur but I hate the way it feels on my skin and it just didn't play well underneath a lot of my makeup. The Sephora Coconut Lip Balm wasn't hydrating at all on my lips. I found myself reaching for other balms almost immediate after applying this one, which is a shame because I love the scent. The Farmacy Skin Dew was ok as an essence, but it was too sticky for me to enjoy using every day. 

UD 24/7 eyeliner is my favorite too! I am trying to work with liquids more but still very novice.

RE: Re: Empties

@quspork, those Leaders masks seem to be so good! I am kicking myself as the first time I used one I didn’t see the protective layer so I threw it away 30 seconds into it, figuring it was just a bad mask😖 The Laneige I tried, but it left my skin tacky. Since so many others rave about it, I must be doing something wrong. Does the tackiness dissipate by morning for you? I am so curious bc I have DS I am ready to toss, but hesitate to do so bc I feel I am missing something in the process🤔

Re: RE: Re: Empties

Oh, no! I had to chuckle, @eshoe,because I remember doing the exact same thing the first time I tried a mask with two protectors!. At least this version of the Leader's one doesn't have that so just unfold and throw it on. That makes it a little easier! 

Honestly I haven't noticed much tackiness with the Laneige mask, but I have found that I only need a very small amount because of how easily it spreads. Is it possible that you're putting it on a little thickly? Of course, it might just not be the best fit, unfortunately. Don't you hate it when so many people rave about a product and then it doesn't work you?!

Re: RE: Re: Empties

Glad to know I'm not the only one, @quspork! A couple of others mentioned doing the same thing, so I don't feel too bad, but what a waste. You know, I will try using a lighter hand to apply the Laneige. I apply it as I would my nightly moisturizer. I did the same thing with the Tatcha Silk Primer, and couldn't figure out why my foundation was pilling. Once I used less, it went away. So I will try that tonight! Would be great if that was the issue, because yes, it is frustrating when it works for just about everyone else. Thanks for the tip 🙂

@quspork Hee-hee, I literally just opened a little sample size (same as yours) of the Laneige sleeping mask last night :).  Glad you liked it!

Luckily these samples tubs are available often enough that I haven't had to really purchase a whole tub yet, lol! How are you liking it so far, @CookieGirl1?

@qusporkUnidentified only used it once so far so I don't have any major feelings about it one way or another. It was fine but I wasn't blown away or anything like that. How did you like it?

@CookieGirl1 I do really like it for added moisture when my skin is feeling dehydrated. So admittedly, for me, it's better as a winter product than a summer one. 

8,134 Replies
testing